Seeker build

thefallenreborn
thefallenreborn Posts: 19 Arc User
I've been away from seeker for about 2 years now and coming back into it i'm not sure what build is best like 200+ dex and the rest strength or what, but I am rb2 with full sage skills and what not just not sure if I need to up my dex to more that what I have now at 160 since i've been away for so long on that class.

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    For PvP in the current meta 300 dex is highly recommended. PvE-wise dex doesnt matter as usual.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Late to the party but I have to say this is not the norm on Twilight Temple Server. The norm for seekers is full strength build (with slight variations of vitality added for survivability)

160 dex (155 needed for most swords/blades, plus 5 points to get the last crit % from dexterity) the rest into strength.

Reason being strength adds more defenses than dexterity does, and seekers need to be able to tank quite a lot since they do not have sufficient crowd control in most situations to escape being locked themselves. This is for PVP as well as PVE (though in PVE its true you do not need so much defense).
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Well, in terms of overall defense..the additional 140 Dex would even increase the survivability of a seeker since more Eva = more misses on you aka 0 damage from physical attacks. The gain in Pdef from those 140 points of STR is nearly negligable, same as the damage. The increase in Accu, Eva and Crit easily makes up for the loss in base damage and Pdef by far.

Still, whats wrong with TT seeker then? If you wanna play a seeker that just stands there, spams only magic skills and tries to survive then you might as well play a full vit seeker...Full Str, just as it is for Barbs (even tho due to Blood bath its not as bad) and BMs is not trully a viable choice if you wanna cater to the true potential of those classes. The obvious choice isnt always the best.

I've even seen Seeker with 400 dex and I can't say that it would be bad for a seeker. All you need is a charmbypass when SS is applied. More crit and actually not missing crucial skills helps alot in achieving this.

Same gear Seeker, BM, Barb vs their own classes, one being Full STR, the other being partially Dex built -> The dex built will nearly always win. People still massively underestimate Accuracy and Evasion..I can't really understand why but I can assure you that this is a mistake.
  • thefallenreborn
    thefallenreborn Posts: 19 Arc User
    i'd probably have to go with the dex for the crit and for the accuracy which with only 160 dex and accuracy rings you will still miss a lot especially on dex classes