Scheduled Server Maintenance [3/21/2017 - 11 PM PST]

2»

Comments

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 please also take a look at the tw bids of the last 2 weeks on dawnglory server - you will see how the 2nd placed faction "secured" that spot. plenty of tickets have been sent about this, the leader still runs around and trolls/threatens other guild leaders in wc, so i assume there was no punishment whatsoever. he tries to get anyone banned that complains about his fakebids.

was this whole matter brought to your attention yet? (sorry, i know its disappoiting)
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 please also take a look at the tw bids of the last 2 weeks on dawnglory server - you will see how the 2nd placed faction "secured" that spot. plenty of tickets have been sent about this, the leader still runs around and trolls/threatens other guild leaders in wc, so i assume there was no punishment whatsoever. he tries to get anyone banned that complains about his fakebids.

was this whole matter brought to your attention yet? (sorry, i know its disappoiting)

Yea a faction securing 2nd place through 14ish fake bids across 2 weeks is just sad and pathetic and imo should be removed from from placement.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Will you look into it or will it just be ignored?
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    candiiie wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 But from my understanding, if the faction is able to defend their title as TW winner, they will receive another special title. Is it still possible to make one? Here's hoping it isn't too much to ask as it was mentioned before.

Why have another title? On Etherblade only one faction is focused on winning TW seasons, the rest just focus on trying to having decent fights (win or lose doesn't matter. It's something that members can hopefully enjoy) although there is still a little way to go before that can happen week in and week out. Having a specific title just because you're the only ones focused on it is kinda pointless, unless it's a *only ones who care* title. It's like the people who joined the factions on the last week just to be included in the list for the Veni Vidi Vici title. Getting the title for doing pretty much nothing.

It's been discussed before about Et and there really is no way to recover TWs on that server. There is no real interest and or benefit for people to try merge and focus on winning. TW winning is seen as more to do with egos than the prizes. It's also, as I said before, no one really cares about Karma or wants to give them the time of day for equal, fair fights on the server. For that to happen now it would require a pretty big merge anyway. Too many joined Karma because they are near end game and were losing in the equal, longer TWs between the other factions so they simply left and jumped onto the Karma bandwagon. Now they complain they can't get equal or lasting fights because no one can even come close to matching their numbers or power (they also are the ones who are now starting to brag about how strong they are because they can finally have a feel good factor about being end game and part of something that inter server wise, rarely loses).

Karma did lose 1 TW attack this season. They took out almost 2 squads of their main power and matched the numbers of the opposing faction. The fight lasted the full time but they lost due to it being their attack. Not even 5 seconds after the time had ended, they had our crystal down though. Atm it's impossible for any faction to match their numbers or power in TWs. That's why I feel they do so bad in xTW too. They simply can not get enough lasting or matching PvP practice to benefit them in anyway.

The mount should simple be called Red Panda.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • cleric4ever#3664
    cleric4ever#3664 Posts: 2 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Do you have an approximate date for the new expansion ? (:
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

Why have another title? On Etherblade only one faction is focused on winning TW seasons, the rest just focus on trying to having decent fights (win or lose doesn't matter. It's something that members can hopefully enjoy) although there is still a little way to go before that can happen week in and week out. Having a specific title just because you're the only ones focused on it is kinda pointless, unless it's a *only ones who care* title. It's like the people who joined the factions on the last week just to be included in the list for the Veni Vidi Vici title. Getting the title for doing pretty much nothing.

It's been discussed before about Et and there really is no way to recover TWs on that server. There is no real interest and or benefit for people to try merge and focus on winning. TW winning is seen as more to do with egos than the prizes. It's also, as I said before, no one really cares about Karma or wants to give them the time of day for equal, fair fights on the server. For that to happen now it would require a pretty big merge anyway. Too many joined Karma because they are near end game and were losing in the equal, longer TWs between the other factions so they simply left and jumped onto the Karma bandwagon. Now they complain they can't get equal or lasting fights because no one can even come close to matching their numbers or power (they also are the ones who are now starting to brag about how strong they are because they can finally have a feel good factor about being end game and part of something that inter server wise, rarely loses).

Karma did lose 1 TW attack this season. They took out almost 2 squads of their main power and matched the numbers of the opposing faction. The fight lasted the full time but they lost due to it being their attack. Not even 5 seconds after the time had ended, they had our crystal down though. Atm it's impossible for any faction to match their numbers or power in TWs. That's why I feel they do so bad in xTW too. They simply can not get enough lasting or matching PvP practice to benefit them in anyway.

The mount should simple be called Red Panda.

Man do you think you know everything bout Karma when you never been in here. Karma barely focuses on TW nowdays as there is zero challenge on Et for it and focus has definitely shifted towards xTW despite having ways to go to be a top faction there. If Karma was all bout winning, we would throw a tantrum and give some bs reason not to xTW so we could just keep on rolling everything week after week. But that obviously isnt the case.

The reason why rest of the server isnt interested in fighting Karma pours down to being unable to win. It has zero to do with looking for fun fights, there are barely any factions who have 20min+ wars currently. How is GD looking for fun fights bidding on Defiance and rolling them in 15mins? How is Defiance looking for fun fights when they bid on factions who barely last 10mins? No faction short of really small ones have remotely challenging wars they bid for.

Ps. If Karma does so poorly in xTW, why is it still the most successful xTW faction to date? Karma isnt the strongest nor has it ever been but arguing like we are doing everything wrong is pretty amusing.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Dawnglory was looked into already, to my understanding. It's not exactly a planned reason built in (And I don't want to plan for using the breaks in season to check for worse case scenario), but this helps us follow up on everything. Even though it's not my place to handle tickets, I can always run inquiries about each server and ask Customer Support to take a look.

Any investigations, conducted or otherwise, will not be something I discuss publicly and will remain between the direct parties involved. I can't stop rumor mills from happening or conjecture (Or people posting direct tickets - but those will get deleted/moved), but if it's found out that factions were tampering with results, then we will have to take a look at who the affected parties are and make a decision.

Thank you for bringing it back to my attention though, since it's not a bad time to check that everything else is being calculated properly!

I'll leave this thread open if players want to drop more names in and then I'll probably lock this up by Friday. Who knows - we might use one of these names suggested!
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    I'll leave this thread open if players want to drop more names in and then I'll probably lock this up by Friday. Who knows - we might use one of these names suggested!

Whatever name it gets, just hope it stays relevant to what it is. Otherwise I want something like Pandy McPandaFace
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • madrock4
    madrock4 Posts: 47 Arc User
    I'd call it rabid racoon demon mount(since in the past purple eyes and so on were associated with demon, vs sage mounts)
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Dawnglory was looked into already, to my understanding. It's not exactly a planned reason built in (And I don't want to plan for using the breaks in season to check for worse case scenario), but this helps us follow up on everything. Even though it's not my place to handle tickets, I can always run inquiries about each server and ask Customer Support to take a look.

Any investigations, conducted or otherwise, will not be something I discuss publicly and will remain between the direct parties involved. I can't stop rumor mills from happening or conjecture (Or people posting direct tickets - but those will get deleted/moved), but if it's found out that factions were tampering with results, then we will have to take a look at who the affected parties are and make a decision.

Thank you for bringing it back to my attention though, since it's not a bad time to check that everything else is being calculated properly!

Well the leader of the faction that did it on DA was openly looking for faction leaders to pay to bid on them , i mean just looking at the factions that bided on them some of them werent even on map in past 2 seasons at least.

If nothing is done about this it will send a clear msg that ppl can fake bid as much as they want to manipulate the standings to get rewards so imo make a statement either we can fake bid or we cant , just dont stay indecisive like till now xD
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User

thanks a lot!

name suggestion: Queen Goon the Racoon