2017 March Community Login (Final Update - 4/03 - 268,186 hours)

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
Current Total : 268,186
Community Log In March

Starting from March 8th 00:00 AM PDT, log into Perfect World International and play to unlock rewards for the whole community!
Event Starts : 3/08 00:00 AM PDT
Event End : 3/31 11:59 PM PDT

How it works :

Everyone’s login time across all servers during the duration of this event will accumulate towards a series of stretch goals. If the community hits these milestones (in hours), everyone will receive the rewards listed below! These rewards compound – for example if everyone reaches the 18,000 Hours mark, you will also receive rewards from the 15,000 hour mark. Community progress will be updated here! As each milestone is unlocked, a code will go out for players to redeem!

Reach 282,000 Hours and the community will also receive an Extreme Event Rush with the following events being active starting April 12th !
Wraith Hunters
Auspicious Contest
Twilight Survivor
Piñata Bosses

A detailed, separate event announcement will go out for these events with start and end times as well as dates.

Community Milestones
47 000 Hours :
x1 Dreamchaser Pack Ticket
x5 Shining Pill Ticket
x5 Blinking Poultice Ticket
x1 Elysium Gift Pack III
x3 Heroic Chest Ticket

UNLOCKED!
Code : GxEUPIKe
Expiration Date : 4/01/2017

94 000 Hours :
X1 War Avatar Pack S
X2 Minor Homestead Supply Bag
X1 Maiden-Kissed Chest x10 Coupon
X2 Heroic Chest Ticket

UNLOCKED!
Code : wd69MJne
Expiration Date : 4/01/2017

141 000 Hours :
x2 War Avatar Pack S
X 1 Profundity Scroll III Ticket
x1 20 Event Gold Ticket

UNLOCKED!
Code : S7YhbebP
Expiration Date : 4/15/2017

188 000 Hours :
X1 Ancient Gift
X1 War Avatar Chest : A
X1 Demon/Sage Event Card
X2 Major Homestead Supply Bag
x1 Profundity Scroll II Ticket

UNLOCKED
Code : AYmQO9se

235 000 Hours :
x1 Ancient Gift
x1 War Avatar Chest : A
x1 Primordial Blood
x1 Profundity Scroll II Ticket

UNLOCKED
Code : TCpJCVRt

282 000 Hours :
Extreme Event Rush
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Thread is opened! Please feel free to ask any questions you have regarding this event!

Small FAQ :

1) How is this being tracked?
    A: I have access to "real time" data for this event, so I can update this when it populates! Pretty neat, huh?

2) How will codes be distributed?
    A : They will be posted on the forums under the Arc Codes announcement as well as on Facebook. I will also put up the codes associated with each hour grouping underneath the prizes. These will follow the usual restrictions of one per account.

3) I entered the code and it didn't work!
    A : The system might sometimes get "overwhelmed" when there are multiple redeems. Wait for it to "cool off" and then try again in a few minutes.

4) What's up with these prizes and the hours, holy cow!
    A : I wanted to start a bit smaller first to see how this event goes - please leave feedback as to whether or not you'd like to see this in the future! Also, based on the data I have, these hours can be accomplished by the community and I have every faith it will! Also, free stuff for playing is nice, right? (And gives me excuses to give away things shh!)

Let me know your thoughts or any other questions you may have!
  • pal2002
    pal2002 Posts: 19 Arc User
    is there any chance with the events they might be done at a time more in line to us eu players as most of the time unless we stay up really late we cant do them like wraith hunter for instance it starts at 9 pm uk time and goes on till 3 am.
    nw starts at 1 20 am here and finishes at 3 20 am would be nice to do a nw that us eu people on usa servers could actually do . sorry for the rant but at times seems all us eu players on us servers are forgotten about .
  • pal2002
    pal2002 Posts: 19 Arc User
    and for all the people that say you should have made toons on eu server there wasnt one when i started playing
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @pal2002 For this event (Community Log in), it is not restricted via time zones or if you are a player who is from a different timezone- just log in, play and have fun! The rest will be left up to me! As far as making events for EU players on US servers, unfortunately some events have limitations i.e. like Wraith Hunters and Nation Wars - this is hard coded to the server time.

However, things like Auspicious Contest, Quick as the Wind and Pinata Bosses are manual spawns!

What I could do is up the amount of times these events spawn (for example still have the 9 AM/3 PM/5 PM/6PM sort of spread but run them across all servers at this time PST) or try and do multiple spawns per time slot, but specific to servers (9 AM + 11 AM on DG, 3 PM + 4 PM on Tideswell, 5 PM + 6 PM + 9 PM TT and ET). The later still adheres to a sort of rigid schedule and the last set of spawning times (9PM PST) is outside office hours. Also, for Pinata's I could spawn all three instead of only doing one to see if that helps.

We can also ask for more spawnable events that are "open ended" ie. players can complete them at their leisure such as St. Patrick's Day and Twilight Survivor. Events have always been an interesting beast and a mix of - can spawn with no patch, can spawn NPC but must need a patch for changes, can set it and forget it but bound to server time.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    The pinata bosses are great, but since pick up all got introduced, it's become really unfair. I would say it's probably the least helpful event to run, as fun as it is. Kinda sucks but it just makes people who don't have pick up all angry and that's quite a few people lol.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I just noticed: x1 Elysium Gift Pack III this is a reward for the community login event. IIRC that pack has been send out before and is a one-time only Quest. Could you please check if that's the case?
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    Are the hours played by the 50 bots at Jolly Jones taken into account too?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    ^ agreed
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Is it just me or 188k hour reward seems way better than 235k xD

@kalystconquerer#0876​​
    You could add one more homestead bag or event gold ticket to that to make it better maybe.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @jsxshadow There's two giftpacks that have the same name. I believe the one that was given out a while back had a little star pet to go along with it? There's another one http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/32105 , that can be redeemed multiple times. We should probably at some point get this relocalized or name changed (or the other pack) so that it won't confuse players in the future!

@eternalghost I'm wondering if flipping all on at once would be a soft deterrent, considering a player with pick all can't be at three different places at once (barring the obvious them logging in three alts with the Star level to do this event)

@ladyblonde69 We don't have such an item/service at this time, to my knowledge. Aside from Harshland players being affected by server merges (and also EU players who rolled on West/East servers that would like an option to go to EU), I know this service/function has been something players would like to see. It's one of those topics that I try not to speak too much on so that I don't set any unrealistic expectations or send players the wrong message. Apologies for not being able to really go into much detail about this, but I hope this makes sense!

@sin20 Though if I tweak rewards now, it'd be kind of weird though, wouldn't it? I'll tweak the prizes for next time we run this.

Accumulated hours have been updated in the title and the original post! Data from today has not populated, so this is only counting hours from yesterday. Total hours so far : 16,356
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Hm i dont think it would be really weird , more like a welcome change from community?

X1 Demon/Sage Event Card
    X2 Major Homestead Supply Bag > x1 Primordial Blood

Which is a difference in tiers of worth , but seeing how theres a lot of good rewards in total its fine i guess.
    Just in future if you think about repeating similar login event to adjust worth of tiers.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    sin20 wrote: »
    Is it just me or 188k hour reward seems way better than 235k xD

@kalystconquerer#0876
    You could add one more homestead bag or event gold ticket to that to make it better maybe.

LOL!

Sorry but me and my friend both said the same thing. Being on a US server from the EU with events does not really help. To be fair tho @kalystconquerer#0876 you seam to be doing a better balance on this one than most.​​
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    can we get another update @kalystconquerer#0876 pweaseee :)
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    im sure we have now 47k hours.....
    Gimme code...MEOW!

And tks for time and work
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Great work on hitting the first target everyone!
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @po210 Right? I'm waiting on today's data to populate proper, since sometimes it updates right away and sometimes I have to wait a few extra hours. I'm pretty sure it's been met, but I'll wait for the official numbers to roll in.

Hours have been updated, in case anyone missed the title changes or the original post!
  • po210
    ok...meow have a nice day...i sit in a corner..and look the numbers.......
    I try to not blink...its hard....
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I recieved an elysium gift pack a few months ago but it had no star pet in it. I cant speak for other packs
  • po210
    I have not blink...urr my eyes burn..help helpp ..
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Is this playing with arc or not counting those who bypass?
    m5arXCN.png
  • arnis8212#6733
    arnis8212#6733 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Can we get an update to the time @kalystconquerer please?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Post is now updated! Here is the code!

Code : GxEUPIKe

Expiration Date: 4/01/2017

Redeem for the following items:

x5 Shining Pill Ticket
    x5 Blinking Poultice Ticket
    x1 Elysium Gift Pack III
    x3 Heroic Chest Ticket

• po210
    tks for the code
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Hours have been updated!

I did miss a question here about multiple logged in characters/shops! So, the hours being tracked is based off of unique log ins, so no cheating the system! I believe it also doesn't track the same way as our log in promos do, so you can be continuously logged in as opposed to needing to time in log ins, if that makes sense.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    To be honest at this rate we may hit the 188 000 Hours reward but, nothing above that since shops aren't being counted.... Think PWE has yet again thought they run a multi million player game XD with the current rate of 10k hours a day there's no way we are hitting the max...
    Good idea just over estimated the player base since most players log do dailes, TW/xTW and log off
    Some simple math... 82,619/8 active days =10,329 hours/24 hours per day=460 days...
    Since this is a multi server event and people don't play 24/7 this might mean there are as little as 1k to as many as 5k people left actively playing...
    Think PWE needs to take this into account when they think of new content that requires more daily grind this will ultimately drive players to quit.
  • po210
    Ya most of logged char are in specific lvl range..other are botting
    game need to be revamped to push high lvl player to help low lvl for boss and gear.
    not cool for a newbee to wait to have is tt mats or to bot 30 day to buy them
    maybe some sort of reward for high lvl who help others..i dont know how..but that can make game great again..Trump
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    First update 9th march we had like 16,3k hours...

Dont know what happened to the rest, but we can see a big fluctuation
  • proksimitee
    proksimitee Posts: 27 Arc User
    Do we have an update for today
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @nunuator There's a few days we've had that blows that average out of the water - I check in about 3 times a day to see how it's going. The final goal is definitely a "nice to have", but it's something I think can be achieved.

@po210 This is something I'm working on in the background! I unfortunately don't have anything to share on this front at this time but I'm definitely always taking a look at what areas we can target.

@proksimitee Just updated! And with a new code!

Code : wd69MJne

Expiration Date : 4/1/2017

X1 War Avatar Pack S
    X2 Heroic Chest Ticket

Wooo, we climbing!