Spirit Vs Def lvls

evilsmakers
evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Assassin
i my self was considering going for the +2 def lvl on neck/belt but wanted to hear from ppl that might tried Both or might have some more info that i am missing.

so this topic is mostly a comparison between 16 def vs 160 spirit (or even 200 spirit considering +25 spirit shards)

i know its kinda something common between players saying that def lvls will win since the more free spirit gain from lvling TS, the less effect spirit becomes,but does that works on a class like sin that you gain extra 40 atk lvl from chill of the deep ?

Keep in mind the following

-comparison is for ASSASSIN ONLY
-The sin is full JOSD (minus neck/belt ofc!)

So the main question is,Would JOSDing or spiriting neck/belt will be better as an overall effect,and would the effect of the atk from spirit will be so small that going for def lvl will be better option.

using some numbers/tests will be more than appreciated...Thankx in advance !

PaiiiiiiN~
cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
The GG
Enjoy!​​
PaiiiiN~

Comments

• nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    I hope you dont count this as out of topic.

Have you tried comparing the differences in http://mypers.pw/10? You can set an opponent there, player or boss and see how much dmg you deal on them with what skill.
    ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Not really interested in doing math for you but few things to keep in mind.

-Attack levels are no factor in this question. The dmg outside of spirit changes can be considered constant X as its the same for both equations you are interested in using to compare the offensive potentials.

-Defense levels become relatively stronger the less differential is to attackers attack levels. Basically each defense reduces the same amount of damage when attack levels are over defense levels but its way different if you reduce 10 dmg from 1k than if you reduce it from 100 for example.

-I have done math for genie stones vs 25 spirit shards for offensive potential alone for your average non deity archer iirc the premise. Breaking point for total spirit where genies became better was roughly 800 spirit iirc. Your average up to date toons will be running with 2k+ spirit at TS 10.

-I`m selling brilliance stones, cheapest on server!

+1 to Spirit shards.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    Not really interested in doing math for you but few things to keep in mind.

-Attack levels are no factor in this question. The dmg outside of spirit changes can be considered constant X as its the same for both equations you are interested in using to compare the offensive potentials.

-Defense levels become relatively stronger the less differential is to attackers attack levels. Basically each defense reduces the same amount of damage when attack levels are over defense levels but its way different if you reduce 10 dmg from 1k than if you reduce it from 100 for example.

-I have done math for genie stones vs 25 spirit shards for offensive potential alone for your average non deity archer iirc the premise. Breaking point for total spirit where genies became better was roughly 800 spirit iirc. Your average up to date toons will be running with 2k+ spirit at TS 10.

-I`m selling brilliance stones, cheapest on server!

+1 to Spirit shards.

I have to agree. Sharding spirit stones is just dumb in the majority of cases.

As @saxroll has already stated: the more def lvl you stack the more effective they become. As Def level's effectiveness is heavily influenced by your basic stats as well you can say that Spirit vs Def level would be especially effective while running around with full buffs. Spirit only stacks with att/def lvl.

The only scenario I could think off in which spirit might be a bit better or just as good as def lvl stones in terms of survivability is when you get nearly 0 def debuffed. Attack level will deal more damage on buffed targets and you will tank alot more with def lvl while you are fully buffed. Ofc same goes for selfbuffs but def lvl kinda go down the drain when debuffed heavily (they still reduce the damage tho, just that it's not a big deal anymore when your def is closing in to 0).

A sin has enough damage, even being fully def lvl sharded. Spirit isn't needed for offensive power (and the impact would be very little considering you can easily be at 1800+ Spirit without any extra Spirit adds) but the gain of defensive power is overwhelming at max buffs and still very good on selfbuffs.