Quick battlebot pet review

nene#6448
nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Venomancer
Here's a quick review of the new battlebot pet. This video (and review) doesnt include all the information of the pet but I will edit add more when I have time. As a sidenote, this is what I think of the pet and how I feel about using it, other players with this pet might have different opinions.

Battlebot is mainly a PVE pet but it can be used to annoy people, or tick their defense charms, in PVP.

Battlebot is a long-ranged (27 meters) physical single target DD, it can eliminate targets fast and deals a nice amount of damage.
The mainskill, Multiple Strikes, is a spammable single-target hit that deals physical damage of 200% attack.
Brutal Crash is something I consider as a emergency skill if Im surrounded by a lot of mobs and hp is running low. The skill stuns targets around the pet even tho the description says 10meters around the target. The skill also deals some damage.
Upgrade is a simple buff that increases the pets attack lvls by 20, not sure if the duration is 30mins or 1hour.
Claw increases attack by 30% for an hour.
Precise Strike deals some damage to the target and increases pets attack speed by 25%, duration unknown.

For moods battlebot has a good list of different useful skills based on what you use it for. The pet can get player damage reduction buff.
jSQExmr.png

The battlebot doesnt seem tanky enough to replace herc but it can survive the debuff from toad in flowsilver palace (without the homestead upgraded heal buff) and with the buff he can survive the full run except Belle Leun due to the mobs spamming aoes. Will provide video of this later.
LMUF7lU.png

I often find myself being out-dd'd by this pet and I have had several cases of the pet stealing agro on bosses.
Quick video about the skills and some damage testing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YP7YERbees

Feel free to ask anything about this pet, I will answer as well as I can.​​
Post edited by nene#6448 on

Comments

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You have the exact same mood as my harpy ;3

I expected Multiple Strikes to be a 3 hit, so the video kinda surprised me seeing it was different than I expected. So it hits a little slower than the harpy actually. She might be able to keep up on damage afterall.
    Right now I kinda feel like throwing on some gear similiar to yours just to compare the damage lol
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    You have the exact same mood as my harpy ;3

I expected Multiple Strikes to be a 3 hit, so the video kinda surprised me seeing it was different than I expected. So it hits a little slower than the harpy actually. She might be able to keep up on damage afterall.
    Right now I kinda feel like throwing on some gear similiar to yours just to compare the damage lol

I can take a few shots on different mobs/bosses without me wearing any gear. (no cards etc either)
  • shopcheese
    Its alright, I took off some gear pieces to match this calc i found on your youtube http://mypers.pw/10/#525565
    I ended up with like 4 attack level and 30 m.attack less than you, so close enough to compare I think.

Sadly our inherit stats are not the same, so its more difficult to compare. I hope you could end up a roll thats around the same as my harpy so we can test it again (as I would like not to lower my harpys stats, lol!)

These are my harpy stats
    j3jZikJ.png

On the Atuin boss in Morai, battlebot were hitting around 43.5k damage (without debuffs) while my harpy did around 35k damage (without debuffs).
    Battlebot have channel of 0.5 and cast of 2.0 (total 2.5 seconds between every damage dealt). Harpy have channel of 0.5 and cast of 1.0 (total 1.5 seconds between every damage dealt).
    In 15 seconds, battlebot does 6 hits (total 261.000 damage in your case) while harpy does 10 hits in 15 seconds (total 350.000 damage in my case)

Battlebot have higher dph for sure, but so far lower dps. But because of the inherit stats I dont wanna go to any conclusion yet.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    I can promise you that harpy does way better single target and aoe dps than Battlebot. However, the harpy is a squishy flim-flam next to the Battlebot, which has enormously high base defenses. If you want to make the Battlebot basically indestructible, take out the aoe (not terribly useful in pve---harpy spammable aoe is far better) and one other skill (claw maybe?) and put the magic and physical defense buffs in. Bless and Protect I think they are called.

Of note: when your pet is auto-attacking (without using the triple-strike skill), it has pretty terrible accuracy, and will miss a lot. However, the pet skills have 100% accuracy. So if you are thinking of using Battlebot in pvp (in mass pvp, monkey tends to die a lot, so using a ranged pet might not be a bad idea), then not-missing is a good thing. You can tick physical defense charms this way---good for quick demon ironwood kills.

Also of note: having a pet out is a pretty good idea nowadays, since venomous scarab hits 20% harder with it out. That is a benefit you definitely want to utilize in pvp. But as I said, melee pets die too easily in mass pvp, so a ranged pet is not a bad idea. You could even park it behind you on halt, out of the action in front of you, just to ensure it stays alive, so you can hit harder on venomous scarab. Also, having pet alive lets you use natural synergy, which is a 15s anti-stun---very useful!
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• shopcheese
    edited February 2017
    I have been considering ranged pet for pvp as well, but harpy is just WAY too squisy to do any pvp with her. I do know a venomancer that went with a pvp build on her though, but i dont see her being used much by that veno anymore. With battlebot now as an option, i suppose it isnt a bad idea.
    But its more of a luxury thing. Current prices are too high for me. I do think its more important to at least refine all my gear above +10 first.

Im very happy for my harpy. With the right squad debuffs her numbers been above 1mil per hit, and i still havent maxed her out..

But battlebot, i dont see it killing people even on 0 def proc if it doesn't have flesh realm. At least my monkey doesnt.

Also, how bad is the accuracy? Because even if it misses 50%, its still not a big deal because it hit twice as fast using just auto attacks.
    Post edited by shopcheese on