If your a seeker and loving it u should be reading this.

weapon762
weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
I noticed the old "wake up seeker forums" died off a while back so I'm recreating it, because if I posted to the other it was way past necro time.

Post here
-old war stories,
-builds your striving for or have, --classes you have problems fighting , -classes your strong at fighting,
-play and combat styles
-Improvements to the class that you would like to see made feel free to be as detailed as possible.

Time to get this place back up and brimming with ideas don't forget to post peeps.
Vae Victis.

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    At the current meta there is only one real endgame Seeker built: 300 dex, Golden Soulgems in your weapon. With a decent chart and decent rbs on your cards you should come out at 44k-ish base damage in the upper stat. Ofc, get as many def lvl as you can get aswell. That's more than enough to kill anything. Use a genie with at least 80 STR points and Occult ice on it.

Now that you have the damage and accuracy to kill every fight becomes pretty boring if we are talking 1v1.

Take class x, use ulti and/or stunport -> This will cause the enemy to use genie/apo nearly every time. Now use an elemental pot and spam a few skills on the enemy (physical). Once the enemies immunity is gone, use occult ice, Sacrificial Slash, Ion Spike or Glowing blade, blade affinity, Heartseeker, Quid Pro Quo + EP (not necessary) followed by a random skill of your choice (Gemini for caster, Glowing for HA (cept if they use HoS, then just spam physical skills). Land a zerkcrit and the fight is over.

Seeker have become absolutely broken in 1v1 and incredibly strong for AAing in Mass-PvP. Of course not every situation will allow you do perform this combo especially if you fight someone multiple times and that person is able to learn.

The Main goal for a seeker in 1v1 is:

Bait genie, get rid of def charm, apply a stun/occult ice, apply SS/QpQ combo and obliterate the enemy. 180 def lvl are not hard to get these days with a decent r8r weapon and full def lvl shards..thats a 108 def lvl debuff. No class can take that much of a debuff in terms of def lvl and survive alot of damage afterwards.

What most seeker don't understand is that accuracy is key. If you mainly rely on your metal skills to kill people then you are massively limited by Heart of steel. Don't understimate physical skills! With SS debuff applied you can hit HA/LA classes for 20k+ zerkcrits with physical skills, too, easily. If you have enough accuracy then your physical skills won't miss as much as you might be used to atm. Before anyone says it "but when I stat that much dex I wont deal any damage anymore!! QQ" - WRONG!!! If you oneshot someone for 50k or 40k doesnt matter. A oneshot is a oneshot. Try to understand that. Also try to understand that if you have 4 opportunities to kill someone..but they fail because your skills keep missing then you might end up getting killed. Relying purely on metal skill, as I said before, even tho they dont miss, they are easily outplayed by Heart of Steel, rendering yourself an easy match.

Also, don't waste your time on the other weapon effects like disarm and stun. Alot of people waste so much time and opportunities by relying solely on that stuff. It is not necessary to kill your targets. At least not in a 1v1. Most caster will die from a zerk or crit if you hit them while the debuff is on and the def charms out. So why bother? Sure, if it fits in your combo, go for the disarm..but don't **** up your stun-lock and give the enemy the chance to reuse def-charms or apo or skills which they mostly can use even if they are disarmed.

This is of course a max offensive strategy but lets be honest...do full def lvl seeker have to worry about defenses? Seriously, nope. Such seeker only go down pretty quick if they **** up QpQ after SS. And if you do..well then you deserve to lose. Use it only during locks and when u'r sure that the enemy can't AD/Faith anymore or if you can go immune anyways.

Thought I'd put this out there because I am sick and tired of seeker QQing that they are too weak while in fact that class is stupid broken. Again, what I said is a guideline. It won't always work. Try to outplay your enemy and you can get them into this "oneshot"-situation pretty easily. Enjoy.
  • womack10
    womack10 Posts: 28 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    At the current meta there is only one real endgame Seeker built: 300 dex, Golden Soulgems in your weapon. With a decent chart and decent rbs on your cards you should come out at 44k-ish base damage in the upper stat. Ofc, get as many def lvl as you can get aswell. That's more than enough to kill anything. Use a genie with at least 80 STR points and Occult ice on it.

Now that you have the damage and accuracy to kill every fight becomes pretty boring if we are talking 1v1.

Take class x, use ulti and/or stunport -> This will cause the enemy to use genie/apo nearly every time. Now use an elemental pot and spam a few skills on the enemy (physical). Once the enemies immunity is gone, use occult ice, Sacrificial Slash, Ion Spike or Glowing blade, blade affinity, Heartseeker, Quid Pro Quo + EP (not necessary) followed by a random skill of your choice (Gemini for caster, Glowing for HA (cept if they use HoS, then just spam physical skills). Land a zerkcrit and the fight is over.

Seeker have become absolutely broken in 1v1 and incredibly strong for AAing in Mass-PvP. Of course not every situation will allow you do perform this combo especially if you fight someone multiple times and that person is able to learn.

Bait genie, get rid of def charm, apply a stun/occult ice, apply SS/QpQ combo and obliterate the enemy. 180 def lvl are not hard to get these days with a decent r8r weapon and full def lvl shards..thats a 108 def lvl debuff. No class can take that much of a debuff in terms of def lvl and survive alot of damage afterwards.

What most seeker don't understand is that accuracy is key. If you mainly rely on your metal skills to kill people then you are massively limited by Heart of steel. Don't understimate physical skills! With SS debuff applied you can hit HA/LA classes for 20k+ zerkcrits with physical skills, too, easily. If you have enough accuracy then your physical skills won't miss as much as you might be used to atm. Before anyone says it "but when I stat that much dex I wont deal any damage anymore!! QQ" - WRONG!!! If you oneshot someone for 50k or 40k doesnt matter. A oneshot is a oneshot. Try to understand that. Also try to understand that if you have 4 opportunities to kill someone..but they fail because your skills keep missing then you might end up getting killed. Relying purely on metal skill, as I said before, even tho they dont miss, they are easily outplayed by Heart of Steel, rendering yourself an easy match.

Also, don't waste your time on the other weapon effects like disarm and stun. Alot of people waste so much time and opportunities by relying solely on that stuff. It is not necessary to kill your targets. At least not in a 1v1. Most caster will die from a zerk or crit if you hit them while the debuff is on and the def charms out. So why bother? Sure, if it fits in your combo, go for the disarm..but don't **** up your stun-lock and give the enemy the chance to reuse def-charms or apo or skills which they mostly can use even if they are disarmed.

This is of course a max offensive strategy but lets be honest...do full def lvl seeker have to worry about defenses? Seriously, nope. Such seeker only go down pretty quick if they **** up QpQ after SS. And if you do..well then you deserve to lose. Use it only during locks and when u'r sure that the enemy can't AD/Faith anymore or if you can go immune anyways.

Thought I'd put this out there because I am sick and tired of seeker QQing that they are too weak while in fact that class is stupid broken. Again, what I said is a guideline. It won't always work. Try to outplay your enemy and you can get them into this "oneshot"-situation pretty easily. Enjoy.

Hey Joe! Nice to see you on the seeker forum! I just spent 10 minutes fighting Sizzz missing 4 different kill shots and missing every attempt to stun and disarm. I'm finally ready to restat... However, restatting to 300 dex will take me down to 28.7-32k from 33k-37k. It seems like a big drop, but I guess I'll get a lot of that back once I'm 3x 105. Should I wait to restat until I do level my past levels or just go ahead and do it now?

• weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Well he's saying to restat but I'm gonna say it's a bad idea , I used to have that much dex before and was a critical build but you don't hit that much more often and it don't offset how much damage you lose from stating down that much str
    Vae Victis.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    womack10 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »

Hey Joe! Nice to see you on the seeker forum! I just spent 10 minutes fighting Sizzz missing 4 different kill shots and missing every attempt to stun and disarm. I'm finally ready to restat... However, restatting to 300 dex will take me down to 28.7-32k from 33k-37k. It seems like a big drop, but I guess I'll get a lot of that back once I'm 3x 105. Should I wait to restat until I do level my past levels or just go ahead and do it now?

Go all the way for Dex, some even go 400 dex (like Seeker_king) did. Accuracy is everything for a seeker. Also, the evasion and extra crit are pretty nice too!

The thing is..if you can debuff someonefor upto 120 def lvl while increasing your own att level by 60 (180 att/def lvl difference with a 2 skill combo..pure insanity) then even with 30k base damage you have easily enough damage to kill anything.

On average (even tho this depends on luck) even losing 10k base damage but gaining 7-10% crit is worth it and will ultimately result in a higher damage output. Sure, your damage spike potential is lowered..but I much rather get a 100% kill with an additional skill to cast than missing 3 hits that could've all been lethal.

Reducing the need for luck is always good.

You guys can watch my latest fight vs Seeker_king on my Mystic. Even tho my myst even has slightly better gears overall he is still able to hit me for upto 24k zerkcrits with his SS-Combo and he approx has 140 def lvl in def weap..so its far away from maximum. That is all with 400 dex and ~30k base damage. The damage is sufficient by far, it'S just about the way you roll and abuse the strength of your class.

I promise you that any seeker with 180 def lvl (in def weap) and 40k+ base damage can oneshot any endgame geared caster on selfbuffs with a zerkcrit. Heck..an equally geared Seeker (even without josd) can hit my barb casually 50k zerkcrits with metal skills after S-Combo and thats my barb being in the def weapon all the way.

Seeker are ultra-strong if you know how to play around their OPness. Sometimes I see seeker desperately trying to disarm someone or just spam skills on them or apply CC when they don't need it or the worst of all..use QPQ right after SS without waiting the oppenents reaction out.