Veno Questions

missmoxie#9620
missmoxie#9620 Posts: 3 Arc User
First off for PvE, which legendary pet is it better to get first if I'm eventually getting both? Herc or the Harpy? I've also seen a few people talk about getting Monkey King for both too.
Secondly, does the demon Fox Form speed boost work both when turning into fox form and when returning to human form?
Lastly, if I can't get r9rr, G16 Nirvana is the 'endgame' gear I need to obtain? I assume the standard build is still 1 str 9 mag per two levels.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Heya fellow foxy~

The pet you choose will depend on what you're planning to do with your Venomancer. If you're going to solo a lot of content, then the Hercules pet will be the better choice. If you're likely to be playing in squads most of the time (or just playing with a partner) then you'll probably enjoy the Harpy more.

The Monkey King pet can work fairly well, but it's not as tanky as a Hercules nor does it deal as much damage as a Harpy in PvE. Secondly, it's AOE stun skill only works on players though it still deals damage to monsters. It is, however, a good choice if you're considering participating in PvP events in the future. I can probably give you some more suggestions if you tell me a little about what you'll be doing with your character.

Demon Fox Form speed boost works for both turning into fox and turning into human. You can effectively have a permanent speed boost by constantly changing forms.

G16 Nirvana is currently the best gear you can obtain if you can't get R9rr. If you need any more information regarding it let me know. As for builds, 1 Str. 9 Mag. every two levels is indeed still the standard build. If you haven't reawakened yet I also suggest the Vit. build (1 Vit. 1 Str. 6 Mag. plus 2 in Vit. or Mag.) if you feel that you're too squishy and die. Once you reawaken your stats reset so you can follow a pure magic build afterwards.

​​
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Battlebot pet is also good for PVE. :) From those 3 Hercules is the tank, Harpy is middle-range aoe DD and Battlebot is long-range single target DD.​​
  • missmoxie#9620
    Thank you to both~
    Tough choice for me since I'll be doing a lot of both soloing and partying. The Harpy looks a little more appealing to me for its DD capabilities, but to my knowledge for farming instances isn't the Herc better? I don't plan on doing too much PvP until I've managed to get a decent set of gear, other than maybe NW to get the mats, so I figure I'd need a PvE pet to help farm up coin. I've heard about the Battlebot but I'm not actually sure how to obtain it since I've only very recently returned to the game.
    About the Nirvana, I know that part of it comes from upgrading TT99 gear into Nirvana and then further upgrading it from there, but where do I get the mats for it and how much gear would I need before I start farming for it?
  • nene#6448
    Thank you to both~
    Tough choice for me since I'll be doing a lot of both soloing and partying. The Harpy looks a little more appealing to me for its DD capabilities, but to my knowledge for farming instances isn't the Herc better? I don't plan on doing too much PvP until I've managed to get a decent set of gear, other than maybe NW to get the mats, so I figure I'd need a PvE pet to help farm up coin. I've heard about the Battlebot but I'm not actually sure how to obtain it since I've only very recently returned to the game.
    About the Nirvana, I know that part of it comes from upgrading TT99 gear into Nirvana and then further upgrading it from there, but where do I get the mats for it and how much gear would I need before I start farming for it?

Welcome back to the game!

Battlebot is obtained the same way as hercules/harpy/monkey, 9999 Energy cores, seems like they r not on permanent sale tho. I will be making a review video of the pet this weekend, will link it here once Im done.
    To upgrade Nirvana armor to Warsong (G16/NV3) you need to complete warsong runs to obtain Basic Badges (30 of them for 1 piece of armor and 60 for weapon) and the mold (Awakened Archangel for arcanes).

Which server are u on?
    ​​
  • catgirldesu
    edited February 2017
    @nene This will be great, because I'm planning to update the pet guide to include the Corgi and the Battlebot. I'll be looking forward to seeing the video.

@missmoxie#9620
    1. Pets

Here is a Hercules vs. Harpy thread you might want to take a look at. I highly recommend reading Darkette's comment in particular.

Likewise, Harpy observations has Darkette's experience with the Harpy while leveling and questing. I don't know what's your current level, but you might find this useful.

I'd like to add that the Elysium Heal Pet upgrade (farmed through the Homestead feature) gives your pet a 95% damage reduction to AOE damage in PvE (doesn't work in PvP, doesn't work with direct damage) and gives them the ability to survive one killing blow while recovering 20% of their HP (works in PvE and PvP). Here is a video demonstration. This greatly improves a Venomancer's ability to pet-tank.

At higher levels and with better gear, even legendary pets that aren't considered to be "tank pets" are able to tank several high level bosses/instances. Same goes for the non-legendary actual tank pets. That's especially true if you teach them Strong/Protect. However, that means investing extra money when you could just get the Hercules and have everything in one package. Experimenting with other pets is fun, but I don't think you're in that position yet.

I think it will come down to whether you want to have a fun utility pet (Harpy) or a reliable tank pet (Hercules). If you're going to buy both eventually, then I would probably lean towards the Harpy just because you'll have more fun with her. I believe farming lower level instances isn't very profitable anymore and you might want to try to get to level 100 reawakened as soon as possible because that's where most of the content is nowadays.

I have no experience with the Battlebot so I'll leave it up to Nene.

2. Nirvana Gear

Here is the database for the TT99 Arcane Armor leggings. You can follow the path and see all the upgrade steps. Use the "complect" tab to see the other pieces of gear. Here is the weapon path. Divine Aegis is the cheapest TT99 weapon to make and doesn't require a Souledge. It's a Pataka but you can craft it into any Nirvana weapon you desire.

As a short summary it goes like this:
    TT99 -> G15 Nirvana tier 1 -> G15 Nirvana tier 2 > G16 Nirvana (sometimes called Nirvana tier 3).

Side note, for the armor top look into the Lunar version. Sometimes it's cheaper than making the TT99->Nirvana top. You can follow the path here. Though, honestly, I don't know the prices anymore so maybe TT99 tops have become cheaper. Still, do look into the Lunar top just in case it's cheaper.

Nation Wars is for farming your Nirvana tier 1/2 upgrades. You can enter from level 60+ if I'm not mistaken. Don't worry, even if you are a 1-hit kill, you can still gather credit and slowly farm the materials you need or sell them for money. I've been to Nation Wars with a 1-hit Venomancer I have on another server and I was able to make some money. You can enter Nation Wars at level 60+ after Reawakening as well. The downside is that it's not going to be much fun, but it doesn't require much effort so go for it.

Once you have Nirvana tier 2, you can start farming Warsong to collect Basic Badges and gear molds. You will also need Essence of Offence for the weapon (from Warsong) and Essence of Defence for the armor (from Lunar). You can see all the required materials in the database links.

Warsong is technically a level 80+ instance and you don't need to be level 100 to participate, but as you might expect it's unlikely anyone will accept you in squad if you're under level 100. Here is my Warsong guide for Venomancers. It includes tips and video guides of the Pavilion defending as well as the entire Warsong run. It might be a little time consuming to read the guide and watch the videos, but it's best to have a general idea of what to expect.
    Also, the Harpy is extremely useful in defending Metal/Fire thanks to her ranged attacks, AOE skills and high DD.

You should be able to run it in Nirvana tier 2 gear. In fact, a level 94 non-reawakened character with level 70-80 gear can do it but that's a bit extreme. I generally recommend trying to find a faction that can help you and take you to runs, though. It's possible you might be rejected from world chat/random squads as those can often be made by high level/geared players who want fast farming for coins.

​​
  • missmoxie#9620
    This information helps a lot, thank you to both!
    I play on Etherblade. My Veno is fairly low leveled at the moment. I think I'll be going with the Harpy as she suits my tastes more, and since she seems like she can still handle stuff like low-mid culti bosses herself. She seems like a lot more fun. The Battlebot looks pretty interesting but I doubt I can get that anytime soon.
    Thank you for the info on G16 as well, I can look into Lunar and TT99 prices myself. Should I be doing NW as soon as I hit 60, then? I'll likely be rushing to 100 to reawaken either way.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    My wife has Battlebot, Harpy, and Monkey King, and its very easy to sum them up:

Harpy: top dps for single target or aoe (you heard me right---top single target too if you have the proper mood) but rather squishy in all situations.

Battlebot: good single target dps, *significantly more tanky* than harpy. Has the highest base defenses of all 3 of these pets. If you slap the magic and physical defense buffs onto this pet, he is basically immortal. Battlebot doesn't go on sale so its bit pricier.

Monkey King: *THE* pvp pet, nothing else can replace the pvp tankiness and cc this pet provides for veno. Dmg is below Harpy and Battlebot.

For almost all pve, harpy is used unless there is too much aoe dmg and harpy can't survive, then battlebot or Monkey is used. In veno instance, use monkey or battlebot (to kill the sly foxes you need physical dmg). For pvp, Monkey King is used exclusively.

Cheers~

»Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Harpy do more damage than battlebot? Damnit, I no longer have an excuse to buy the bot then...

Always been told by other people with battlebot that it does significant more damage than harpy. Wish there was some proper tests, preferably videos, that compare the damage.
  • catgirldesu
    edited February 2017
    Inherit Stats and Moods play a significant role so it makes it a little harder to compare, especially since rolling for them is so random. We need someone who has both pets and similar Inherit/Mood skills on both.

Other things to consider are the available debuffs. In a squad with a lot of physical debuffs available, the Battlebot will deal more damage. In a squad with a lot of magic and wood/water debuffs, the Harpy will deal more damage.

​​
  • nene#6448
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Battlebot doesn't go on sale so its bit pricier.

Im quite sure I got my battlebot on sale, 225 gold if I recall right.
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Harpy do more damage than battlebot? Damnit, I no longer have an excuse to buy the bot then...

Always been told by other people with battlebot that it does significant more damage than harpy. Wish there was some proper tests, preferably videos, that compare the damage.

Aoe-dmg wise Harpy does have higher dmg (because spammable aoe) but single target I would say Battlebot. Ofcourse I havent tried Harpy myself but my Battlebot does out-dd me at times (and even steals agro from people). Will try to post my review of Battlebot today/tomorrow.
  • calorien
    calorien Posts: 36 Arc User
    I've seen a couple of venos with Mother of the Pack pets AFK in Archosaur (Tideswell server), any word on how these were obtained?
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • catgirldesu
    calorien wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of venos with Mother of the Pack pets AFK in Archosaur (Tideswell server), any word on how these were obtained?

They were lucky drops from an event we had a while back. I don't quite remember but it might have been an anniversary event in which people had to kill a GM and loot the drops or chase the GM around Archosaur while he was dropping things on the ground. I think there was a "hide and seek" segment as well.​​
  • calorien
    calorien Posts: 36 Arc User
    I noticed a water tameable in Primal the other day, has there been any discussion about it?
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver