How do i take over a Faction if my leader has vanished?

my leader has be gone for an extended period of time and no real life communication has been reached. I'm just curious how I can get the leader position and keep the faction members we do have.
Thanks for your responses

Answers

• mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    There is no way. At least not that I'm aware of.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    You can open a support ticket and pray, but most likely you're just going to need to start a new faction and move everyone over.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    Yer. Ticket and hope.

Ive herd of it once but that person was Director. They don't like to mess with this kinda thing in support.​​
  • stealraine81
    stealraine81 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    that sucks
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Did your leader know he was.leader? Looks like he choose to leave or died. Time to pick a better leader! If he was doing this on purpose and came back to find leadership stripped.from him by a meddling bruacracy I doubt he would be happy!
    m5arXCN.png
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    Agreed make a new faction and call everyone to move if they want, is the best and cleanest way.
  • xlayon
    xlayon Posts: 80 Arc User
    They should implement something like "tranfer leadership", after 2 months inactive (or other time frame) director can take leadership to continue the growth of the faction & not just have all the hard work building a faction go to waste.
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    xlayon wrote: »
    They should implement something like "tranfer leadership", after 2 months inactive (or other time frame) director can take leadership to continue the growth of the faction & not just have all the hard work building a faction go to waste.
    That would be horrible. A leader is away for an extended period for whatever reason to find all the work and coin they put in was stripped away. It sucks but go create a new faction
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    clyknight wrote: »
    That would be horrible. A leader is away for an extended period for whatever reason to find all the work and coin they put in was stripped away. It sucks but go create a new faction
    No, it makes perfect sense, because 95% of the time a real leader would have passed leadership on to their director temporarily in a case like this.

This is just a game though. and starting up a new faction if a good way to clear out inactive people.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    clyknight wrote: »
    No, it makes perfect sense, because 95% of the time a real leader would have passed leadership on to their director temporarily in a case like this.

This is just a game though. and starting up a new faction if a good way to clear out inactive people.​​

I don't know man. I don't really think it makes perfect sense to transfer someone else faction to another person. If it was as easy as that then anyone could claim any dead faction just by putting their alts there.

I do agree that a good and caring leader will transfer lead to the director or someone of his trust for the good of the faction. But what if the person doesn't really have any friend or trusted person left?

What if the lead actually put most of the money and mats for the base himself and all that is left is people that don't even do base quest (mostly alts)?
    Why would that people have the right to claim something they don't deserve?

I think it will also depends a lot on how much money, items, faction contribution/construction did the other members put in the faction in order to have any right to claim it.

Some of the factions in which I have characters are now dead.

One of the last to die, the lead openly stated that he was not coming back to this game, he even offer exec or marshall positions, but he was very clear in saying that he was not passing lead, nor giving director position to anyone in faction.

From my point of view it is shame that the guy left the game and perma kill the the faction and also irresponsible. But at same time I would never ask for lead, even after being almost a year there, this not only because I am not into the whole faction leading thing but most important because it was not my faction: I din't put money for it, I did not donate mats for the base, nothing. All I did was do base quest, but that mostly for personal gain (base buff and posible base helm on that char)

Don't get me wrong on this, I am not saying that a lead position should never be transferred, but I do believe it is something that PWE support should Investigate very carefully if they do. Because as I say before if they are not careful, any troll could just put some random alt in Dying factions for a month or 2, then sent a ticket and get the lead like nothing, then they could just sell the faction for easy money as a certain dude that is very known on the server I play, well in his case at least he sold his own factions :D
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    If i were leader and didnt trust anyone enough to manage the members, i wouldnt even have a director. I think the point was to only make the director to be able take over.
  • xlayon
    In any good faction the leader & director work hand in hand & most directors will carry on till the leader gets back. Positions of authority almost always communicate offline/out of game, so the leader will still be in the know & can assume leadership once he/she is back. Transfer can only happen to director. Its to keep the faction going & not dying out. Just my opinion
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I've been though my fair share of factions, both non-TW and TW alike and I've been high ranking officers in a fair few of them. I completely understand the attachment players have to a faction, but sometimes it is best to move along and build a new faction. It's harsher now than pre-base era considering you need all that time, money and farming to build it up and maintain it, but if you have a loyal strong base of factionmates, it's not entirely out of the question.

Best to weigh all the pros and cons of staying versus going though carefully before you do so. Is having a Leader essential to your day to day gameplay? Do you enjoy the people in your faction enough that you would not mind moving around with them? What does the faction mean to you?

If you do intend on trying to stay around and get lead of the current faction you could ticket in, but I can not guarantee it'll go one way or the other.
  • xlayon
    I understand most good factions would move with each other its just theres somethings that can only be done by the leader. Was just giving out an option of what could possibly help out the community as a whole. And I do believe the smaller non tw factions dont really care about starting a new faction. Just something to throw out there