PVP Tourney getting fixed with maint?

So no patch notes and no other mention of it. Is the tourney getting fixed in the maint or not?

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Yes!

We submitted the ticket for it, and I'll see if we can remind our engineer tonight about it!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I hoped onto Dawnglory pretty late (after it had started), but I saw that people were able to get in. Also figured it worked since I was able to port inside the Hall of Battle, but not see the actual matches in progress.

We should be good to go on the rest of the servers, but I'll poke my head in and check.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Out of curiosity, do you need to be in PK mode for tourney or does it work like NW where being bluename doesnt matter and you can still kill things?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do you need to be in PK mode for tourney or does it work like NW where being bluename doesnt matter and you can still kill things?

You do need to be in PK mode to do the event.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    tourney worked
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    that yellow eye randomly 1shots ppl instead of deadling the damage over time - I rly don't like it <.<
    the chest in final room needs way longer diging time - whoever uses the IG + AD gets it - no point to fight there and kill ppl :(
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    wesker wrote: »
    that yellow eye randomly 1shots ppl instead of deadling the damage over time - I rly don't like it <.<
    the chest in final room needs way longer diging time - whoever uses the IG + AD gets it - no point to fight there and kill ppl :(

Oh, are you sure about that? It does oneshot people? Now thats what it was...because 3 times I just got instantly ported out despite having full HP and even tho there have been alot of people on me every time..I had some 20ks inbetween the regular 1k-3ks. Could that have been the eye? thought I got 0 def proc'ed xD Now that is BS.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    jsxshadow wrote: »

Oh, are you sure about that? It does oneshot people? Now thats what it was...because 3 times I just got instantly ported out despite having full HP and even tho there have been alot of people on me every time..I had some 20ks inbetween the regular 1k-3ks. Could that have been the eye? thought I got 0 def proc'ed xD Now that is BS.

Yeah... It randomly 1 shots you when it applies that debuff, that increases damage.. Like the one from Towers on TW...
    I was sitting, watching other ppl fighting then suddently BOOM died...
    The effect when i died, looked like Chi Siphon. and I took like 200k damage xD
    I wonder, if we can survive it using Cornered/Deaden nerves... Or if there is a way to purify it?? Spark it off?
    It really sucks, if its just a "random 1 shot" :/ cant do anything about it

(Im endgame barb)

EDIT: The event happened on Etherblade, perfectly ~~

Hey @kalystconquerer#0876 Is there a chance PWI gets rid of that annuncements on system message everytime u reedem an Ancient Emblem. It's annoying. Considering the high amount of players doing Tourny...
    And check That Golden Eye mechanic. Thank you
  • wesker
    hmmm after all I think that 1 shoting eye isn't such a bad idea - the 50% chance to win in some fights vs dbs sounds better than just buring charm and being perma paralized by them with no chance to fight it back :/
    Has any1 won the diamond tournament chest? I died once coz of the eye and i was rewarded with the platinum chest only :(
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    They made 1shot eye to shorten fight,coz in normal tourny like pwcn or pwru you see names and can inv to squad,so its more about alliances and wars. Enter battlefield->make squad from ally->kill rest->if too many ally on same battlefield all waiting eye for randomly kill to reduce players amount.
  • jsxshadow
    mars19 wrote: »
    They made 1shot eye to shorten fight,coz in normal tourny like pwcn or pwru you see names and can inv to squad,so its more about alliances and wars. Enter battlefield->make squad from ally->kill rest->if too many ally on same battlefield all waiting eye for randomly kill to reduce players amount.

That's BS imho tho. No matter how well you play and how many you maybe able to kill you could still end up losing? Not only that you have to rely on luck with which allied people you might end up in a room you also have to pray not to get oneshot? That's dumb. Seriously. People with ultra-mega-uber-bad luck like myself are screwed. Deaden and Cornered beast ftw :D
  • wesker
    it's else you kill fast enough ppl or the eye will take care of it - so be fast or be lucky ;)
  • jsxshadow
    it's else you kill fast enough ppl or the eye will take care of it - so be fast or be lucky ;)

Easier said than done..if you are josd built yourself and have to kill endgame josd psys, clerics or mystics alone...fully buffed. If you dont have a veno at hand you got a problem there because no josd caster can kill another josd caster on full buffs "fast" especially not the self-healing type. those might not be able to kill you as well, true, but its not decided by whom is better and is instead purely decided by luck ._.

Luck Luck Luck..this whole game is about luck..when does actual skill matter for once?
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    The last room isn't actually based on PvP. Whoever digs the chest first gets the helm as is what happened on Et. Someone used IG dug the chest and voila, got the base helm.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    The last room isn't actually based on PvP. Whoever digs the chest first gets the helm as is what happened on Et. Someone used IG dug the chest and voila, got the base helm.
    I was told by the person who dig the chest on Dawnglory it takes around 30 sec to dig it , whoever tried to sneak dig it in ig ad umbral etc got interrupted and coudnt dig it so im not sure how anyone dig it in just ig xD

• jsxshadow
    sin20 wrote: »
    I was told by the person who dig the chest on Dawnglory it takes around 30 sec to dig it , whoever tried to sneak dig it in ig ad umbral etc got interrupted and coudnt dig it so im not sure how anyone dig it in just ig xD

Yap, I have the same information. IG alone should be impossible.
  • valdisman
    Might be but the person was immune through the whole dig according to people in the room and took off with it leaving the rest to do nothing but just PvP. If that's the case then its kinda not a winner takes the prize and goes completely against the idea of a PvP tournament winner which is what they're supposedly trying to achieve.

Karma also came up the genius idea of using pumpkin face to try hide. Made it so much easier for rest of server to identify them and farm them out of it. PWI should introduce a Darwin Award Title as a consolation prize.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • jsxshadow
    Might be but the person was immune through the whole dig according to people in the room and took off with it leaving the rest to do nothing but just PvP. If that's the case then its kinda not a winner takes the prize and goes completely against the idea of a PvP tournament winner which is what they're supposedly trying to achieve.

Karma also came up the genius idea of using pumpkin face to try hide. Made it so much easier for rest of server to identify them and farm them out of it. PWI should introduce a Darwin Award Title as a consolation prize.

More likely that most of those people just had Tunnel-Vision PvP and totally ignored the chest allowing someone to dig it entirely. I bet that this was the actual case :D
  • valdisman
    edited December 2016

More likely that most of those people just had Tunnel-Vision PvP and totally ignored the chest allowing someone to dig it entirely. I bet that this was the actual case :D

You're probably right, although someone from his fac said he was immune throughout the dig too. I wasn't there so I won't say whether it's fact or not. The person is however well respected by some because of the amount of toons he buys so they probably left him to his own devices without tabbing him. Still, digging a chest to become winner kind of defies the point of a PvP tourney.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • valdisman

You're probably right, although someone from his fac said he was immune throughout the dig too. I wasn't there so I won't say whether it's fact or not. The person is however well respected by some for being a veteran player and also because of the amount of toons he buys so they probably left him to his own devices without tabbing him. Still, digging a chest to become winner kind of defies the point of a PvP tourney.

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    I'm going to have to agree with ^^^. Digging the chest nor random 1 shots should determine winners and losers in a pvp event...
  • sin20
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to have to agree with ^^^. Digging the chest nor random 1 shots should determine winners and losers in a pvp event...
    Chest is a final reward, ppl can still pvp after u dig it , like Joe mentioned if u tunnel vision on pvp and ignore the chest that is your own fault for 'loosing' the event.

As for the random 1shot that is just funny what ppl say, the system lets MAX 10 ppl advance to next room from each numbered room (so from 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 to silver gold plat dia etc) so if there are 12 ppl left and they are all just waiting is everyone else suposed to wait? Lmfao
    If you cant kill someone in given time to advance then whats to say you will kill him in double the given time?
    There is a set time limit how long you spend in each room and during that time u gotta be 10 or less ppl , if u arent i really think its ok that someone gets randomly 1shot so that rounds can continue.
    If you think its bs and dont agree with it then simply kill the ppl in your room until u are 10 left.

Honestly i think the event was a bit chaotic from start but was really fun in the end , would be good if we could have it twice a week also xD

And no umbral + ad + was like 10+ sec left while he dig the chest so id say ppl tunnel vision ignored the chest until it was to late.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Whining someone took the chest is like whining you lost in Nation Wars cuz someone carried the flag -_-'' Objectives are a thing boyz!
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I didn't actually do the event so I am going off what people say in game and on this forum. So the one shot eye makes sense now. Chest is still kinda lame but yea if the person is just left to dig then well w/e I guess. I know Ancient Emblems will go down in price and that's all that matters to me and alot of people so kudo's PW for giving us a way to actually earn them instead of rare random pack rewards.
  • jsxshadow
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    u cant umbral dig but damage doesnt interrupt you only stuns

so if you vacuity and none paralyzes you, you get the dig​​

That's kinda stupid. They should change this asap. I mean there will be a para class in there 100% anytime..but still. Damage should interrupt.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Forgot to hop in here!

@ballenato We noticed this as well when we were testing new chance packs that had a higher drop rate on Ancient Emblems than normal. We'll have to ask CN about shutting off the spam. Unfortunately, it might not come until after the new year, since we'll be out of the office on vacation soon.

General thread-
    The chest at the end is an optional round for sure, but that doesn't mean any issues with it should get a blind eye. If anything is causing unfair advantages, that would put a hard stop to doing xserver until that gets fixed. To be on the safe side and confirm this, we'll be running tests on our end based on early reports and sending them to CN.
  • strife614
    strife614 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Anyone else think that this event is super unfair? On my server one faction brought a lot more people and they basically were able to make this event no fun for everyone else. The event is supposed to be random/no names/no squad and faction protections... but these guys still somehow managed to collude together and cheat other people from ranking higher and earning better rewards. By the fourth and fifth rounds, the faction that brought the most people were the only ones participating!

So does this event even matter? Is it also pointless like xTW? When will Perfect World make a true skill-based PvP event, such as a 1v1 event?
    Dedaluminus+rolled+image+booty+had+me+like+_fcd1122ac83b332a4f46aba8c91b800d.gif

• sin20
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    u cant umbral dig but damage doesnt interrupt you only stuns

so if you vacuity and none paralyzes you, you get the dig​​

That's kinda stupid. They should change this asap. I mean there will be a para class in there 100% anytime..but still. Damage should interrupt.

Dikke dig it in umbral and spammed aoes before that to interrupt anyone trying to dig and it worked from what he said ( seeing how few barbs and other ppl went to dig in ig + ad and failed)