[OFFICIAL] TW Season Rewards System Discussion

Comments

• zandhond
    zandhond Posts: 32 Arc User
    Reward should be a unique item like the new tw weapon we had some seasons ago or a unique (yes really 100% unique) Mount , fash , title, pet, fun item like snowman you can click or item that transforms you into something.
    Whats even more important then the reward? To not leave nightshade classes out.. last 2 seasons i had to send a ticket from my duskblade because a 'special unique reward' was promiced yet got a tw weapon ticket thats not usuable by nightshade. After the ticket i got a pandaric pet... not such a unique reward considering i alrdy have 4 of them now untradable. So please just tell nightshades they get nothing instead of promicing something unique and then giving trash :p
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    The nightshade don't have Cerimonial Weapons implemented.

I wonder what PWCN gets for TW rewards.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • gannon
    gannon Posts: 17 Arc User
    How about a new point system where TW winners gain points based on TW lands aquired which they can use for Starchart items, Card packs, and maybe Primal items (bloods, vitae pills, etc.) Stuff that's actually useful for end-game characters trying to get that little extra boost in their endless daily farming.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Haven't finished compiling everything into post two, but I have updated post three as a updates/bulletin board for the process! Please check the third post for ongoing messaging about TW Season Rewards!

Thank you again everyone so much for your feedback and we'll continue to take feedback and suggestions thoughout the seasons!
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Before the end of the TW season two seasons back, players voted on the TW reward titles. After two seasons, has it been fixed?

Do we have any updates on when the TW rewards from the latest system (e.g. titles) will be sent to current winners?

*Never mind. Thanks.
    Post edited by aensidhe on
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It's a shame people were able to get the rewards just by joining the faction on the final week without doing any TW or xTW.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Was there any discussion or idea put forward for the TW database to prevent people joining and buying rewards like the titles? I know it has been mentioned a few times over the past few weeks by various players on the TW and xTW threads. It's just frustrating that a character can do absolutely nothing and get rewarded just because they joined and had name added last second to the list.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    It's a shame people were able to get the rewards just by joining the faction on the final week without doing any TW or xTW.

That's the way it normally works but not this time. Faction leaders submitted lists of people to receive rewards.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    valdisman wrote: »

That's the way it normally works but not this time. Faction leaders submitted lists of people to receive rewards.

And those lists only had to be submitted on the final week. As per the case on Et, a few people joined karma during the last 2 weeks and got given the rewards for being on the submitted list. Getting rewards for winning 1 no show xDD
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Rewards should be weekly, cause whats the point to have 5 lands and last week to be ganked and end with 1 land?
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer Any word on when dragons conquest will be reset? We were told after the holidays, but it's been 3 weeks now and no mention from what I've seen. Thanks
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Its nice to see that you guys seriously changed TW rewards for the better we all can agree with that so gj and ty :D
    Only thing that bugs me about this is dull zenith skull shards , i saw in announcement it says winning faction wins 10 shards, thats 1 zenith skull , each person for r5 will need in total 60+ zenith skulls , do you notice how ridiculous it is? 1 zenith skull for faction that wins TW season when there is at least 30-40 ppl in said faction that will need 60+ of them xD
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Is there a chance you guys can have a talk about changing that aspect of the rewards still and maybe boost it a bit ?
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    sin20 wrote: »
    Its nice to see that you guys seriously changed TW rewards for the better we all can agree with that so gj and ty :D
    Only thing that bugs me about this is dull zenith skull shards , i saw in announcement it says winning faction wins 10 shards, thats 1 zenith skull , each person for r5 will need in total 60+ zenith skulls , do you notice how ridiculous it is? 1 zenith skull for faction that wins TW season when there is at least 30-40 ppl in said faction that will need 60+ of them xD
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Is there a chance you guys can have a talk about changing that aspect of the rewards still and maybe boost it a bit ?
    yeah, like 10-15 skulls per one person should be okay :>

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Thanks for changing the rewards ^-^ Looks like the current rewards might just be good enough to motivate factions that previously opted out to once again be interested in competing in TW. Also thanks for not announcing this a day later. :)
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    Nice rework on rewards thanks!!!^^
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Is the winner of TW rewards decided by lands first or by points of the lands? Basically can someone with less lands get first place because they hold more cities?

• yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Noticed this thread and not sure if this is the best place to put this, or if it's something that could be implemented in a tw style battle. I've seen a few games that have a special battle mode where everyone is adjusted temporarily to the same level/power level when entering in order to balance the opposing sides and make a battle more skill based instead of who's got more power/people based. I was wondering if this might be something PW might have someday either as guild/nation/individual type battle. I think something like this might help people have an idea of what to strive for for their characters too. I understand it might not be something that could be implemented for a while and would probably have to adjust depending on class, and might not be a form of tw, but thought it would be an interesting idea to implement that would even allow fairly new players/characters to have a taste of what it would be like to be at the top with the stronger players and not feeling like they can't contribute much to a battle, as well as giving old players a new challenge to look forward to.
  • candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hi @kalystconquerer#0876,
    I was wondering if @orinj's rewards will be stacked on top of the new TW rewards. Also: Is it still possible to get a new title for defending the season? This wasn't clear when I asked you before, I thought I'd ask again. Thank you!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @candiiie Unfortunately we won't be carrying over some of the old rewards that Orinji had set up regarding gold per land and the title. It ended up being a logistical nightmare for CS and for us to make sure everyone got the correct amount of Event Gold. However, I'd like to see what we could do in the future with event gold!. I'll still be keeping the random TW drawings though, as this is still nice to have.

As for the title, it was only for that season but since we've been digging around for new items and a whole slew of new event titles we can use has opened up, I think we can look into a new title in the future! The pet was also attached to that season, however if players were still interested in seeing that pet we could look into releasing it for a future season. Just don't want it to get over-saturated like the Panderic Knight was, where people started NPCing it.

Sorry I haven't popped into this thread lately everyone! The expansion has me pretty tied up, especially since we're approaching launch!
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    how will the faction leaders be contacted? via E-Mail or ingame?
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876

The new title interface (from Neverfall) does not include the TW title Veni Vidi Vici. Hence winners are unable to equip it or re-equip if they change titles currently. =<
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Yes it does, its black
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    When they posted that it was true. It was fixed in the last patch. Veni Vidi Vici is now found in the "Area" tab of titles, all the way at the bottom.
  • jimmyloveshaley
    jimmyloveshaley Posts: 1 Arc User
    nice
  • coopoor
    coopoor Posts: 50 Arc User
    this subject of tw rewards is a few years late. Sadly etherblade server is in bad shape bad tw's an the top factions only want to focus on cross server tw the way reguat tw an cross server tw is set up is really bad. Regular tw is boring or not worth the time anymore your time slots for tw only service a certain percentage of a servers players. and with no real incentive by the way of rewards not many do tw. XTW as you thought would be the answer to pwi prayers has dropped the ball big time. reasons are many for one time slots again only a percentage of server goes the fact that XTW most likely favors european players more than anyone else is sad. XTW glitches too much in other words you got to fix game 1st. 2nd i would try an combine the 2 one big map with all the servers on that map with time zones for each server any faction can attack any faction no matter the server.Novel idea. but there are some little rules to make this possible if an attcking faction attacks a faction from another server it must be done on the defending factions time zone. meaning a west coast server attacker will attack an european servers faction at european time an vice versa. By doing this you eliminate each server from building super factions for xtw purposes which i have seen happen for xtw. the rewards are really quite simple in the past its been up to the faction leaders to divide up the shares of rewards with the faction. With this system it should be more personnal with the winning faction players being alloweto chose an item they desire from dropped items in boutique only allowed to that player. But this is only an idea thats been floating around in my head.
  • coopoor
    coopoor Posts: 50 Arc User
    For tw rewards.Tough one to answer. Looking at the tw's only 4 on my server. That pretty bad. The prizes need to be faction an player orientated. i still believe that if the other servers are like the one i play on. all the servers should be merged into one big massive cross server tw with multi times so all can tw. The prizes should come from a variety of sources.Each player has different needs. the biggest proble with this is the tw itself. I can't speak for the other servers but the one i play on tw is basically dead.note 4 tw's this week last week no better resetting the tw map will fix it for a month than back to 4-5 tw's a week.The prizes are one issue. the second issue is if your not in a top tier faction tw is a no no. they may do some tw's but when a top tier faction runs them off the map they wait till next season to repeat the process. the simple answer of just lvl an gear your char doesn t really apply here.Cause people will just go top top tier faction. So another answer is needed to make tw more interesting for the smaller an weaker factions. the prizes are nice an should suit the players needs. What i have explained above is the really big problem that needs to be addressed.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Any possible way to make a two tier like League A, League B!. Let the Big Dog's fight among themselves, and the smaller factions duke it out among themselves!. Maybe set it up to choose at the beginning of the season which tier to compete in, or something like that. Seems like a possible way to get smaller factions more involved, with more normal powered people obviously getting a chance to compete and not be cannon fodder. Just a thought:)
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Might be a good opportunity for Gm's to get involved here... Maybe they can place Factions according to strength ect ect into a League such as A, B maybe even a C. Would be nice if they could be ontop of this to lookout for the community as a whole, and try to keep overpowered guilds from being in the Wrong slots hehe..Toodles:)
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Can we please get tiered TW? People who can't afford, don't want, or aren't sure if they want to get ultimate endgame gear should be able to do organized PVP outside of NW, open world PK, and events. Having a place for lower geared factions to participate would be nice, and would force the best geared factions to actually try in TW, instead of just rolling a faction with half the numbers and half the gear.

I understand that the chances of this ever happening are like -10%, but I can still wish, right?
  • quicksilver95
    quicksilver95 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Did the season rewards for TW and xTW already go out? Its been over a week and I don't think there's been a news posting on Arc at all.