Scheduled Server Maintenance [11/15/16 - 11PM PST]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2016 in Official Announcements
Good Evening PWI Players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. There will be a patch. PATCH NOTES

We expect maintenance to last approximately 3 hours so during that time you will not be able to access the servers.

Reminders :
TW Season end is tonight! An official newspost will be published in a few days announcing the official winners!

Important Notice : We have found an issue sending out the Territorial Dragon item that was listed as a reward. While we make steps to correct this issue, the following substitutions have been made for this pet. Please see below for the changes in prizing structure!
Grand Prize Winners

Territorial Dragon Pet will be replaced with -
x2 Ether Jade
x1 Primordial Blood
x1 War Avatar Chest : A

City Owning Factions

Territorial Dragon Pet will be replaced with-

x1 War Avatar Chest : A

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause players. You will still receive all the other prizes listed – only the Territorial Dragon will be replaced in all prizing tiers.

Tonight's Maintenance Discussion : What is your favorite color to dye your fashion and why? Or do you not buy fashion at all?

- The PWI Crew
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I have a question bout owning a city and getting A chest for it. Will you get 1 chest per city your faction owns or just a singular chest even if owned them all? Also, will you get both Grand Prize Winner and city owner rewards together or only one of them?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    Any word if they will get the rewards for Deicide UP fixed as part of this or a future patch?

Typically have used random dyes, though have used black and white on some pieces. Have really debated cream for a few as well.
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    The only time i have buy die that was for a psy
    So pure black to match the skin blue tone
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Good Evening PWI Players!

Tonight's Maintenance Discussion : What is your favorite color to dye your fashion and why? Or do you not buy fashion at all?
    Cream. Cause it looks really decent on some pretty fashion &my wife like it :P
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    UPDATE : All Kestra summons have been completed! Servers are still currently down, however. We thank you for your patience!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    @saxroll All faction members will receive x1 War Avatar Chest : A if you are a Land Owning winner. If you are a Grand Prize winner, your GP winnings will supersede the land owning winnings, since pets were not getting doubled in the original announcements. I think I'd be skinned alive if we handed out multiple chests per land and compounded rewards for GP winners, and CN definitely would not be very pleased!

So to put in simple terms, GP winners will receive :

Memorial Weapon for all participants
    Panderic Knight pet if you’re a returning champion
    New pet: Territorial Dragon
    x2 Ether Jade
    x1 Primordial Blood
    x1 War Avatar Chest : A for all participants
    Title: Veni Vidi Vici

If you are a GP winner and hold cities as well, you will only get the above prizes.

If you are only a City Holder you will receive
    New Pet: Territorial Dragon
    x1 War Avatar Chest : A for all participants

These prizes are not including the Event Gold payout that will be done on top of that.

@belnor I've been hearing reports about this and that's pretty concerning. Are they even dropping at all, or are they very rarely dropping? In either situation, it does not sound consistent with the documentation we received, so I will have to let surtr know and we'll need to check the instance again.

I used to chase black and white dyes for my fash, but I've since opted in for trying my luck at random dyes. But either the game hates me or I just have horrible luck, but I always get "puke" colors :(

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

@belnor I've been hearing reports about this and that's pretty concerning. Are they even dropping at all, or are they very rarely dropping? In either situation, it does not sound consistent with the documentation we received, so I will have to let surtr know and we'll need to check the instance again.
    [/b]

The few runs I`ve done no zenith skull fragments or whatever they called has dropped. It could in theory be just unlucky but I suspect they dont drop at all.

Ps. Thanks for clarification, one can dream though =p.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Purple Here. (Well INDIG0)

But will sit with either red or black. Love my red Suit.

No not really a fashion person but I do look over it from time to time.​​
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Cheap a.. rewards if you ask me. Why does PWI always have issues sending rewards? Is it that hard to use your own system?
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Could you provide clarification please: So does a faction with 1 land get the same rewards as a faction with 10 lands? Or does the faction with 10 lands get 10x A Chests per person? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this system. GP winner is whoever holds the most lands (?), and other winners are chosen randomly? Or runner up? That was never mentiond anywhere. Whatever happened to the "winner/runner up randomly chosen per month" that you guys told us about months ago?
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User

I used to chase black and white dyes for my fash, but I've since opted in for trying my luck at random dyes. But either the game hates me or I just have horrible luck, but I always get "puke" colors :(

1. Deicide UP drops are completely broken, it drops the exact same stuff as "normal" UP. None of the homestead items drop nor the supposed guaranteed red mat.
    2. Errr, the chance for pure colors (white/black/red) have been practically removed from random dyes a while back. Half a year maybe? I used to dye over black because it was so common, ever since that one vicious patch I haven't gotten pure white and pure black is about as rare as an SoT. :p

• clyknight
    Cheap a.. rewards if you ask me. Why does PWI always have issues sending rewards? Is it that hard to use your own system?
  • clyknight
    And another week of PWI finding it so hard to perform routine maintenance on a timely schedule. Take a hint from other games and learn how to do it without taking the game down
  • ronie55
    ronie55 Posts: 17 Arc User
    3 hours past and 10 mins when the servers wiII come onIine pIs Iet us know ....thank you :)
  • ronie55
    ronie55 Posts: 17 Arc User
    is it up yet anyone can teII me pIs :( ??
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    UPDATE : All Kestra summons have been completed! Servers are still currently down, however. We thank you for your patience!

Alot of people will be very pleased to hear that. Thank you.

PS: I don't wanna sound rude or anything...but could you introduce yourself. I just noticed you are kinda new and was confused about a PW Staff member regularly posting again xD Are you the new CM? What happened to Domino and Orinj? Can you majke an introduction post? xD Thank you and welcome! :)
  • clyknight
    edited November 2016
    Did PWI forget how to push the power button on the servers this week? :/
  • shadowshergood
    shadowshergood Posts: 60 Arc User
    its 2:30 pst server still down?
    ADDer at play.... Expect Delays and Malfunctions.b:chuckle
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    It proly is like intended but they got tourny/xtourny and server population is higher then ours so more chance to drop the skull , it could be tweaked with a bit more % for our version though.
  • draico2014
    draico2014 Posts: 1 Arc User
    clyknight wrote: »
    Did PWI forget how to push the power button on the servers this week? :/

get yo panties out of your bum! alot of games HAVE to shut down to be able to reset, learn your manors before you ask others to cater to u!
    also yes D-mode is hella broken
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    CN assists with our maintenance, but the "approximately 3 hour" time frame buffer does not take into account things like item distributions and just general little things not working properly. Admittedly, I did copypasta Domino's previous maintenance posts to remain consistent, while adding any additional notes that would be important information to get out to players.

@jsxshadow Right? I'm this super random, really talkative employee coming out of the shadows! Heero pointed this out too, I should really get to that!

@clyknight Certain items will sometimes be removed off our lists so they can not be distributed, other times they can be sent but then "break" (or disappear) when extracting them from the mail and do not appear in the bag. I think I forgot to point this out in the OP and when the newspost goes live, but when the item gets fixed, they will still go out to players. This is the same issue we had with the Parrot for the Anniversary as well as the Fashion (Don't worry we have definitely not forgotten about it!)

Also we tend to sit on the power button ;) - jokes aside, I'm in the office and servers should definitely be up at this point. You are correct though, we should fine tune our Maintenance messaging and add disclaimers that maintenance times can be affected depending on the amount of item restores/distribution of rewards for players.

@hakundo Yeah, the random winners drawn per month was a bit ambitious and needed more overhead than was previously planned out. I will be assisting Orinj on this for the new season and building out the random prizes for factions monthly going forward.

Ah, I do mean City Owner, not just purely a singular land, apologies if that wasn't clear. Taking a glance over of the maps, I think there might have been maybe one situation where a low land count faction will still receive the War Avatar Chest : A payout that a bigger more active guild who owns more City's, but was not a GP winner.

GP winners are those that own the most land, and if there is a tie, will be determined based off of how many Level 2 and 1 territories they own within that total. The substitution had to be done down to the wire and of course, will be supplemented with Event Gold. Hopefully our pet isn't still broken by next season end, but I might change up this substitution prizing structure to make it more robust. Any changes will still need to go though proper channels for visibility and consistent messaging.

Maintenance has been completed, and I think I covered all the questions!
  • heerohex#3018
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I offer my help where it can be used. As I have in the past.

Little things mean a lot to the player Base which many are keen to support.

Thanks.
  • belnor

@kalystconquerer Yes I've run the Deicide mode UP a number of times but didn't see a single red mat/red fragment at all. For now we've stopped doing it as there is no gain to be had from it.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Just a clarification if possible as some seem still confused over the prizes.

If you have 2 cities, is it still only 1x War Avatar Chest A or would it be 2?

As for Deicide UP, it does drop the Zenith but its not 100% drop rate as it is supposed to be.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Just a clarification if possible as some seem still confused over the prizes.

If you have 2 cities, is it still only 1x War Avatar Chest A or would it be 2?

As for Deicide UP, it does drop the Zenith but its not 100% drop rate as it is supposed to be.
    Dull Zenith Skull drops from Lord of Paradise with 0.0342% chance.
    Dull Zenith Skull Shard drops from LAST Ultimate Uncharted Treasure which appears after Lord of Paradise is dead. Database is telling us it is only 0.0001% chance, but it must be 100%, since Chinese and Russian players are getting this item EVERY dUP run.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    maksim1995 wrote: »
    Database is telling us it is only 0.0001% chance, but it must be 100%, since Chinese and Russian players are getting this item EVERY dUP run.
    I guess that was just a rumor. I'm not sure who said it. That said the shards make no sense atm since they are 1/10 of a skull but drop 300 times less often. You'd have to farm 3000 skulls before you'd see enough fragments to make 1 additional skull. What's the point?​​
  • belnor
    So it's supposed to only drop one fragment from the last chest? I seem to remember it was gonna take 10 fragments to make one Skull. And if you rotate who in the group of 10 gets it each time.. well it could take a very long time to fully make one. Are the Skull shards or Skulls that are made from the shards at least tradable?
  • heerohex#3018
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Yeah these rates don't look remotely right - harder difficulty at a low drop chance? Looks like it's flubbed. I'll check into that. I'm hoping this was not intended, as UP is gated by the "once a day" thing.

@valdisman Multiple cities will not net multiple Chests. So if you have 1 City = 1 Chest for all participants of a faction, if you have multiple City's, each player in the faction will still only receive 1 Chest. So lets say you are in a faction that owns 1 Level 1 City/Land. You will get the same reward as a faction that has 2 level 2 City's/Lands. Hopefully this clears things up?