natyandreatta#3104 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
Hello

Recently my friend cannot download the game using Brazilian IP

http://prnt.sc/d7cpoo

He sent a ticket for support and that was the answer in portuguese

http://prnt.sc/d7d4bq

Translate:
Sorry to say it, but we cannot do anything right now. Due to a contractual dispute with the brazilians distributors, we are not allowing the download PWI for the brazilians, sorry.

Thank you for contacting us and for bringing this matter to our attention. Currently I'm working with engineering to see why you are getting the error message.

The Level Up Games (official brazilian distributor) got in touch asking for the blockade of the Brazilian IP?

This IP Block for downloads is it temporary or permanent?

The brazilians who have the game installed will have the IP blocked?

* I don't know how put the pictures here, sorry.

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Well, first of all, you're not allowed to post that ticket screenshot here.
    Second; that is up to PWE and level up games to figure out.

But yes, Brazilians who have PWI installed (this version of PWE/US/EU) will most likely be IP blocked from playing as well. It'd be odd if they just blocked downloading to be honest.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• lockdown#9307
    lockdown#9307 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So guys I'm a Brazillian, and I know U don't like Us cus we got some of stupid players, but don't forget, all the world got an idiot.
    Why we(brazillian's guys) can't chose witch Our Perfect World distributor? In Brazil, Level Up Games, can't keep the players they got right now, cus They don't care about Us(player), Level Up Game's server has no ability to handle new Brazillians players from pwi. In Brazil if we got a problem we need open a ticket like here, but Level Up Games spent 2-3 weeks to answer anything to players.
    Perfect World Brazil got alot of glitches. In brazilian's server we can't play more than 30 minutes without a DC. There is too much delay in expansions.
    And again I'll ask for U guys and anyone from Arc.
    Why we can't choose the better Perfect World Distributor? And If Ip block will be true, What happen with Our MONEY spent in pwi?And our Acc? Arc will migrate ours Acc to Brazillian server or Will return the money spent? or any other idea??

XOXO Guys and waiting for an answer.

PS: I'm really sorry guys for my english.
    Ps:I was planning spent some money in Black Friday here, but now idk to do cus I'm feel insecure with this.
    last one PS: Level Up Games gave 2 rollbacks in Perfect World Brazil, taking back itens and Gold they gave to players.
    Post edited by lockdown#9307 on
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    So guys I'm a Brazillian, and I know U don't like Us cus we got some of stupid players, but don't forget, all the world got an idiot.
    Why we(brazillian's guys) can't chose witch Our Perfect World distributor? In Brazil, Level Up Games, can't keep the players they got right now, cus They don't care about Us(player), Level Up Game's server has no ability to handle new Brazillians players from pwi. In Brazil if we got a problem we need open a ticket like here, but Level Up Games spent 2-3 weeks to answer anything to players.
    Perfect World Brazil got alot of glitches. In brazilian's server we can't play more than 30 minutes without a DC. There is too much delay in expansions.
    And again I'll ask for U guys and anyone from Arc.
    Why we can't choose the better Perfect World Distributor? And If Ip block will be true, What happen with Our MONEY spent in pwi?And our Acc? Arc will migrate ours Acc to Brazillian server or Will return the money spent? or any other idea??

XOXO Guys and waiting for an answer.

PS: I'm really sorry guys for my english.
    Ps:I was planning spent some money in Black Friday here, but now idk to do cus I'm feel insecure with this.
    last one PS: Level Up Games gave 2 rollbacks in Perfect World Brazil, taking back itens and Gold they gave to players.

Well, that's simple, because contracts.
    They want you to play on brazil servers because it's available in Brazil.
    This isn't up to PWE itself, it's something they have to figure out with the brazillian distributor.
    And if they can't come to some agreement over allowing brazillian players on PWE servers, then you're going to be stuck with the BR version.

It's simply how contracts work. It sucks for users because it will just limit your choices because of IP blocks.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• lockdown#9307
    boo4u wrote: »
    how do people in brazil afford to play this game?

cus isn't everyone know speak a little bit of english, most of Us in Brazil don't know how to speak Portuguese. Is sadly but its true;(... And our educational system don't teach us anything.
  • lockdown#9307
    edited November 2016
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    boo4u wrote: »
    how do people in brazil afford to play this game?

cus isn't everyone know speak a little bit of english, most of Us in Brazil don't know how to speak Portuguese. Is sadly but its true;(... And our educational system don't teach us anything.

he meant, are you guys able to purchase rank 9 and sh.it or did you all agree and play in TT gears​​

ops sorry, R9 gear its too expensive, to get r9 gears and wep, we need to spend around 5 thousand dollars, this is to basic r9, without 2°reforge.
    Warsoul costs 2 thousand dollars, and most popular gear are r8r and still expensive. and who cant spent money use nirvana gears
    just a curiosity, this week come Chaotic Essence to Heavenfall temple's BR
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Legacy BR players should still be able to access our games, but new players will not be able to sign up for new accounts...at least this was my understanding. Are BR players who have already downloaded the game still able to access PWI? If not, I'll ask for clarification so I can get you a more official statement from higher ups, as opposed to "This was my understanding, but I could be wrong" statements. No one is in right now, so I will get back to you when I can get an answer.
  • lockdown#9307
    edited November 2016
    Legacy BR players should still be able to access our games, but new players will not be able to sign up for new accounts...at least this was my understanding. Are BR players who have already downloaded the game still able to access PWI? If not, I'll ask for clarification so I can get you a more official statement from higher ups, as opposed to "This was my understanding, but I could be wrong" statements. No one is in right now, so I will get back to you when I can get an answer.

BR players who already downloaded can log and play normally, what we asking is how about future. Who already play will be blocked in future? If thats happen what we do? cus all of Us from Br, we won't play perfect anymore, cus all of Us think the same about Level Up Game Service and capabillity.
    Level UP do nothing to offer better services.
    Level Up was the worst thing that could happen to Perfect World's player
    That's why we're worried and scared about our future here.

PS:New question and if I an old pwi player want create a new acc, I'll be blocked?

PS: I'm really sorry about my english.
  • lavidaligia
    lavidaligia Posts: 2 Arc User
    Brazillian here, i play pwi for 3 years now, Cashed a bit gold here and there each month, farmed like crazy flowsilver palace, 1 year ago i got my full R9, good refines, got Candleflame set just farming FSD with my alts, i really don't think pwi would just block my acess to the game that i took so much time working on it, as for new brazillian accounts, some of my friends play on Level up games, just for the reason that they don't speak enough english for the international servers and the lack of BR guilds on server don't help as well.

i would heavilly appreciate a Solid and Sure answer to this topic, i really don't feel like working on my toon, just to get blocked later on with no notice.

• lockdown#9307
    Brazillian here, i play pwi for 3 years now, Cashed a bit gold here and there each month, farmed like crazy flowsilver palace, 1 year ago i got my full R9, good refines, got Candleflame set just farming FSD with my alts, i really don't think pwi would just block my acess to the game that i took so much time working on it, as for new brazillian accounts, some of my friends play on Level up games, just for the reason that they don't speak enough english for the international servers and the lack of BR guilds on server don't help as well.

i would heavilly appreciate a Solid and Sure answer to this topic, i really don't feel like working on my toon, just to get blocked later on with no notice.

How can I ""like"" your post?
  • gansolino85
    gansolino85 Posts: 3 Arc User

yeah, will love to know some secure answer about this.. im brazilian and spent a lot of money here, thats not fair we just get removed like nothing...

its a free world, anybody cant say in wich distribuitor of perfect world i should spend my money...
  • lockdown#9307
    I agree with you lavidaligia and gasolino, I'm an other (brazilian) older PWI player and these years I spent some money, now they do thats with Us? I was planning spend more money in next promotion(could be Black Friday idk) and use the gold to refine my gears.
    But now I'm insecure about it.
    I'll wait they answer Us, and I hope they don't forget us.
  • natyandreatta#3104
    edited November 2016
    I'm new in Tideswell (+ or - 1 month) and I play in Etherblade-Archosaur (+ or - 2 years) and I was planning buy gold, but the future is uncertain. I don't want play PWBR and I can spend my money wherever I want. I prefer PWI because here has a good structure, good support and low latency (Yes, the ping in PWBR is higher than in PWI)
    I'd liked this server and I don't want to stop playing

I want an official answer from Arc and explain the reason for all this
    Post edited by natyandreatta#3104 on
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    They blocked registration for new players from "banned" region. But all old players from "banned" region wont get banned. Keep playing. It was their policy with issues like this one.
  • marianafix
    marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
    i want an answer too i'm brazilian and i have spent lots of money on this game and i know others brazilian players that have spent too, if they ip block they will just be loosing and the game will just be more empty. I will have no choose but to go to a private server.

sory my bad english.
  • lockdown#9307
    parrot2010 wrote: »
    They blocked registration for new players from "banned" region. But all old players from "banned" region wont get banned. Keep playing. It was their policy with issues like this one.

We want an official statement from ARC.
    I'll wait right here until some Arc Emplyee answer US and dot
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    so if someone change his hard drive and dont have the pwi installed he will not be able to download it again?
  • natyandreatta#3104
    beast21g wrote: »
    so if someone change his hard drive and dont have the pwi installed he will not be able to download it again?

Yes, you cannot download PWI again
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    I asked Orinj today for clarification. Anyone who has created an account prior to 11/10 should be unaffected by this change. So Legacy BR players will be able to continue to play and access this version, your accounts will not suddenly become banned. Any accounts made after the 11/10 date will unfortunately not be allowed to access our servers.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    beast21g wrote: »

Yes, you cannot download PWI again

their are ways and means. Just copy the files to a memory stick. and put them back onto your computer. Last time I checked They do not need any install. just keep in mind they are BIG files.

Your official PWE / Arc statement is above.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @heero200 To be fair, this was not something I asked in my original query to Orinj as far as BR users downloading the client who are Legacy players.

To follow up since I just shot him a ping - Arc should be able to recognize them as Legacy and should allow BR Legacy players to re-download the client should they somehow lose it/delete it/get a new computer/etc. However, technology can fail, so for your own purposes I would suggest backing it up on a hard drive of some sort (I have a backup myself of PWI on my external just in case).
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    @heero200 To be fair, this was not something I asked in my original query to Orinj as far as BR users downloading the client who are Legacy players.

To follow up since I just shot him a ping - Arc should be able to recognize them as Legacy and should allow BR Legacy players to re-download the client should they somehow lose it/delete it/get a new computer/etc. However, technology can fail, so for your own purposes I would suggest backing it up on a hard drive of some sort (I have a backup myself of PWI on my external just in case).

Thank You for getting answers when people ask the questions. It means a lot more to the players than people think.

One thing that really annoys me is the Radio silence. Something that happens far to much in PW. This is the exact kind of subject that needs a fast and accurate answer.

My advise is don't take on too much. Something past CMs seamed to end up drowning in the added workload. Also what has happened to Domino and are you taking over?​​
  • lockdown#9307

How about other questions, ip will be block just for new acc, the older players will be blocked to?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    @vanhellsing2011 Your IP should not be blocked as a Legacy player accessing the game, sorry if that wasn't clear enough! You will be able to access the game from Brazil with a Brazil IP if you had created your account prior to the 11/10 date. But accessing our servers past the 11/10 date with a new account will result in that message you'll see though Arc. (the "banned" country was it?). So to summarize Legacy BR players accessing PWI from Brazil = yes. New BR players accessing PWI from Brazil = no.

I don't think I touched upon this in my responses, but I am deeply sorry to all our BR players that this had to occur. Due to the nature of how this came about, I can not speak to specifically WHY this happened. As for no official announcements, it might be tied again to the way that it occurred (the transferring of contracts) . I myself did not learn about this until maybe last week, and at that time I did not have a flagged account to be posting things like that openly without being met with skepticism.

@heero200 Domino has been mostly tied up in FW, so I have been assisting him with various events and browsing forums when I had the chance and getting intel on the things I couldn't vist from Ars. Orinj also had to return back to his original duties managing all of the PWE titles and was only here temporarily (though I will say don't rule him out visiting from time to time!)

So that's why you would have seen inconsistencies as to what was getting answers and what wasn't the past few months. I would not go so far as to say "replacing", but I am allowed to speak with authority and as such, I want to make sure the community has an official answer somewhere. And yes, very easy to bite off more than you can chew especially when you forget what the limitations are. It's an everyday learning process of what the game and backend will and won't allow. Will keep that in mind though!

• natyandreatta#3104
    I asked Orinj today for clarification. Anyone who has created an account prior to 11/10 should be unaffected by this change. So Legacy BR players will be able to continue to play and access this version, your accounts will not suddenly become banned. Any accounts made after the 11/10 date will unfortunately not be allowed to access our servers.

Thank you kalystconquerer <3

It's even better that it prevents new brazilians from just coming to test the new updates

But ... this IP Block for new players is temporary or permanent?
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    I remember when we got invaded by tons of Brazilians, after a new Expansion on old Raging Tide Server, during a few weeks. Their rude behavior was only ridiculous. Communicationwise the game was mostly unplayable with Worldchat. HUE HUE HUE, words I will never forget, lol. Not speaking English is no apology being rude. I hope PWI will never let this happen again and I am not really sad how it is now. I prefer better more empty spots than how it was during the time I mentioned above.
    This is only my own personal Experience I got gamewise and has nothing to do with the Country Brazil itself.
  • kalystconquerer#0876

Thank you kalystconquerer <3

It's even better that it prevents new brazilians from just coming to test the new updates

But ... this IP Block for new players is temporary or permanent?

As far as I have heard, this is a permanent change. I would not wish for players to attempt to get their hopes up for a reversal, so this is the situation as it stands now for the indefinite future. Again, my apologies for the way this entire situation has to play out.

• lockdown#9307
    As far as I have heard, this is a permanent change. I would not wish for players to attempt to get their hopes up for a reversal, so this is the situation as it stands now for the indefinite future. Again, my apologies for the way this entire situation has to play out.

Ty for help Us. I really appreciate the time you spent with us.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    so PWI has no one permanent official stuff to give us answers?

we must wait to have someone that jump to our forums and check?

sorry but this doesnt sound good

domino is on FW for months now
    Orinji as you said not here
    arspraulina not active
    sylenthunder here and there online

Can we get a list with our active CM here?
This discussion has been closed.