My view on NW in its current state

ufamea1
ufamea1 Posts: 8 Arc User
It seems that there's no way around this 1 simple fact of NW in its current state: Dawnglory will remain victorious and receive the bulk of the NW tokens (it doesn't matter why/how... it just is)

The only viable way that any of the other nations can get a boost to their allocation of "left-over" NW tokens is to:
a) Hope they are opposite of Danwglory on the NW map and take advantage of either nations' push towards Dawnglory
b) Commit the bulk of their forces to the opposite direction if they're next to Dawnglory
c) Joint assault on Dawnglory by ALL other nations... now this is the MOST UNLIKELY thing to ever happen, as it's very clear that cooperation like this would NOT occur

I'm from Etherblade and can say this much... it will become more likely that more people will migrate towards the opposite direction (even with their hordes of alts) in an attempt to gain a bit more NW tokens at the end of the event. I'm sure people from Dawnglory will say "get better skilled/gear" and all that ****, but it doesn't matter cause the state of NW is Dawnglory will remain dominant until something changes... until such time, we will have to make do with the "left-over" NW tokens.

I believe that even a full assault on Dawnglory would not decimate their forces, however, token allocation would become more spread out and they would most likely not dominate NW as they have been doing. They could still win, albeit, not with the amount of NW tokens as they’ve grown accustomed to.

If you’re thinking this is meant to QQ about NW... It is not. If anything, this is meant to possibly stimulate/drive an offensive against Dawnglory in NW… even if it’s very unlikely to happen. Personally, I’ve decided to focus a majority (if not entire) time against whichever nation is opposite of Dawnglory if Etherblade is next to said nation; to make the best out of the “left-overs”.

Now, you know what needs to be done... just do it or be happy with "left-overs".

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    little fun fact though, because they have more people, they must split tokens between more people, the average amount of tokens everyone gets overall is the same.
    At least last time I asked in cross-server world chat and people gave me numbers on their amount of tokens (from dawnglory) it was give or take the same as how many me and my gf got on tideswell (and we are not all that great at NW when it comes to it). In fact my gf got more tokens than most of dawnglory people that pm'd at that time.

So I don't know, dawnglory may beat people up more, but they're not getting much more out of it. It's just tiresome to see the same side "win" every time.
    I'll stick with the same thing i've been saying; what we need is server transfers, that would balance things out on its own.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• nossie220
    nossie220 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    snip, wrong account, reposting. Mods feel free to delete this post.

• ufamea1
    ufamea1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    whoa there, the end stats do show total amount of token distribution.... seems they dwarf everyone else to me
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User

Well first of all the left overs are actually still a majority of the tokens.

Outside of that however frankly both individuals and entire nations are mostly better off staying away from DG as much as possible right now. This combined with the lack of structured NW groups means that things aren't changing.

If large pvp factions gave a **** then they could cross server ally and actually do quite well. Right now however they mostly just don't care and they are fairly justified in that. NW is a rather crappy for pvp, does nothing for the faction itself and the rewards can almost all be easily bought. It also lacks any prestige mostly for the aforementioned reasons.

Also they do normally do better per player but not by all that much.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    They should make NW randomized like it used to be. It would be fun to work together with people from other servers, too.

...or now that we all had our fun in cross-server NW, they can revert it back to the old one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's unlikely to happen though, since that's how NW was supposed to be from the start and PWCN doesn't seem like to like making PWI-exclusive changes like they used to years ago. I mean, they still do, but not as much anymore.

​​
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    If Tideswell and Twilight Temple servers actually ganked them instead of Etherblade all the time then Dawnglory might not place first. It makes me wonder is said servers think they get special treatment or they are spared if they don't go against Dawnglory...
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    If Tideswell and Twilight Temple servers actually ganked them instead of Etherblade all the time then Dawnglory might not place first. It makes me wonder is said servers think they get special treatment or they are spared if they don't go against Dawnglory...
    Unfortunately, we either have stupid commanders, or when we get a good commander that actually organizes it, the factions intent of ruining the game for everyone else, go off and ruin it. (Sadly, their commander wins most of the time and the good ones have given up trying.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    who is the good one?
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    As someone from Etherblade, I feel like it is possible to win against Dawnglory.
    Just need cooperation from people doing NW, and the commander giving out points for the win, and not going afk/silent all the time for nearly an hour.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    it would be nice if the in-server strife could take a back seat to actually competing like a server. if we can agree to act as a server then we could actually suppress DG a bit. im not gonna blame one faction or another because it really is not limited to one faction or another. some people go in and follow their own plan, and some go and try to go with the flow, and other go in to make the commander look bad. all it results in is less success against DG.

DG kind of deserves to brag at this point, even when the numbers werent so lopsided, they still won.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Why couldn't the other nations gang up on DawnGlory? its very possible. Sure not everyone would listen, but they would be the minority and who cares.

My question is woujld it lead to a more normalized token gain?

Last week i was opposite dawnglory and got 790 token, not too shabby. I wonder if the ppl from the EU server actually average more tokens than the other servers.​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    prancing wrote: »
    Why couldn't the other nations gang up on DawnGlory? its very possible. Sure not everyone would listen, but they would be the minority and who cares.
    Except it's not the minority that doesn't listen and that is exactly why ganks don't work. Because the majority doesn't and just goes to lock the weakest one

My question is woujld it lead to a more normalized token gain?
    No, it would cause dawnglory to get an average less because they have more people to split between, this is more a thing about dawnglory always "winning" nation wars

Last week i was opposite dawnglory and got 790 token, not too shabby. I wonder if the ppl from the EU server actually average more tokens than the other servers.
    They don't
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    prancing said:

Why couldn't the other nations gang up on DawnGlory? It's very possible. Sure not everyone would listen, but they would be the minority and who cares.​​

First: most people are not able to think strategically.
    They are even stupid in normal fights - do you really think they are able to think about the whole map?
    (many e.g. prefer PvP in middle middle instead of killing the one with the flag or protecting the one with the flag; or grab the flag with cheap alts; or don't cover flag spawns till it spawns).

Second: Humans act selfish. We all e.g. work on destroying the ecosystems of our planet. We all know what will happen and won't change our habits. And many people in game just deal damage to any toon around them for their own credits. And after losing the battle they just switch to the next closest one.

The only way to avoid that is: form many squads with well-geared toons/mains. The leader of the squad has to be able to think strategically and has to call the next lands. And in a battle a single squad can easily win versus more than 2-3x opponents.

And if too many of a squad got kicked back to base and can't come back, the whole squad should go back to base to reunite.
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User

They should make NW randomized like it used to be. It would be fun to work together with people from other servers, too.

...or now that we all had our fun in cross-server NW, they can revert it back to the old one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's unlikely to happen though, since that's how NW was supposed to be from the start and PWCN doesn't seem like to like making PWI-exclusive changes like they used to years ago. I mean, they still do, but not as much anymore.

​​

Well i dont think reverting NW to old one will make it fun again or will make more players do it.
    but if pwi want to make the New NW more fun,
    i would say make it fixed tokens per character but u know the Alt issue unless its by IP address but what comes in to my mind is
    * make the rewarding system (kill and and Death Ranking ) with a good formula so no one will cry about being in winning nation or losing nation or out numbered tho i think the Nation who have more numbers will cry more coz they dont get to kill much :expressionless:
    Or
    **make it random no squad no server entry coz this event was meant to be PVP not farming place so who wish to pvp can enter it without waiting for a reward.

• cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User

Unfortunately, we either have stupid commanders, or when we get a good commander that actually organizes it, the factions intent of ruining the game for everyone else, go off and ruin it. (Sadly, their commander wins most of the time and the good ones have given up trying.)​​

There was actually one time when Dawnglory could have been beaten. It was when I was commander of Etherblade, TJ was the commander of TI and Rav was the commander of Tw. All 3 of us were in voice chat with each other and Etherblade was within 5 points of Dawnglory about 50 minutes into NW. At that time, one faction decided to **** Rav over and attack Etherblade, thus making me turn more forces onto Tw instead of Da. The reason the 3 way gank wont work vs Dawnglory is because no server is willing to allow one of the other 3 to take 1st. Lately we have had stupid commanders for Etherblade because they spend over 100 million on ballots to win now, because they know they will make a profit. One commander admitted he could buy over 50 ballots (150 million coins) and still make a profit
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure we all know who buy their ballots to win NW commander on Etherblade is.
  • usmc1990
    usmc1990 Posts: 46 Arc User
    This is one of the most idiot add I can think of. olayers should not be able to buy ballot to vote themself. This is not a raffle, where the more u buy the better chance u have to win. This is a voting event, 1 ballot per player per vote. This defeating the purpose of players voting for someone to lead them to victory. Instead, now any monkey with enough coin can buy themself into the leader position. Hmmmm very like politics in real world, lol. Completely deafening the purpose of a voting system
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    I am getting tired of it being so out of balance. Imagine all the tokens EU is getting every week. I am tired of getting thrown into a battle every few seconds before I can reach a battle I want to join. I am tired of most battles being full and spending 50% of my time watching a little yellow man slowly work his way around the board. I am tired of being ripped off by this game. I only need 30 more SOW"S and will endure this mess of NW until I get them. Then I will not ever do these horrible cross server events again.
  • justuskk
    justuskk Posts: 5 Arc User
    I understand that 90% of forum trolls couldn't care less about the truth. The map design is such that each nation will have approximately the same number of battles unless two things happen. You lose most of your land or, you have lots of land and a bulge offensive forces additional active battles.
    In the first case, the population density of your battles will increase as your number of active battles decreases. At some point you will gain a numerical advantage. You will still end up losing over the course of two hours.
    In the second case, a large total numerical advantage will result in players recycling back to close the bulge and you will regain your land advantage every time.

if each nation has approximately 30 battles ongoing and one server has 600 participants, one has 500 and 2 have 400. The ratio of players per battle is 20:16:13:13. In a 20 v 13 the 20 will usually win. Those 20 move forward and face 13 again. This is an oversimplification I know, but across the course of two hours these ratios will hold.

Because it takes time to redirect those people who are listening, the nations with fewer participants have a larger percentage of their army in movement. Losing may send you back to base which means even more time lost to movement.

The argument that a numerically superior force wins because of better gear, or better strategy is lunacy. Unless there is cooperation between servers there will be no parity in NW. PWI could introduce population caps or even power boosts to the underpopulated servers. I doubt either will happen. Until then Dou**eGlory gratz on your continuing string of victories.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Since there is no way to properly balance number of players, we might aswell make sure we give every server the chance to have the numeric advantage!

What if they introduce this event 4 times per week:
    1. 25% of total tokens per event (they are now doubled, so it would mean 50% of what they initially were).
    2. Make the event last only 1 hour to accomodate the 1 hour buffs.
    3. each of the 4 time slots would favor 1 server.

This way, each server gets its chance at bringing in all interested players who are now forced to play at abominable hours. And it also gives DA a chance to show that a server can also win with fewer numbers :)

And more importantly, it decreases the overall number of players per event, which would most likely decrease lagg spikes.
    Post edited by magiceffect on
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • darkwolf590
    darkwolf590 Posts: 7 Arc User
    i love NW, the only thing i hate is all the greedy people going on the main and alts, at the same time. most of the time you see toons just standing there eatting up my points, how do i know there alts you ask? i go into a battle they just stand there, then i go into the next one same thing. PWI needs to lock people from going into a battle then going out till the battle is over. and do something about peolpe leafing there toons log in for hours even days. that will stop the lag, im just saying people who arent in shop mode or reflecing.