Rare Skill - Video about Veno Secrets Combos

pwering
pwering Posts: 4 Arc User
Hey guys, After two years I'm playing pw again, and I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCy-8OWQoVw
And the veno in the video uses a rare pet skill that drains the target mp. I'm super excited to do this combo, it can kill any physical class!!! so I wanna to know: How much does these skill cost? Is it worth? Will it be difficult to have a pet like that?
Tagged:

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The pet skill is Consume (Drain Mana from the enemy equal to 25% of Pet's Maximum HP, restoring Pet's life.) It has a 30 second cooldown. It's a little hard to find these odd legendary pet skills as they are generally useless and people probably just NPC them. Players will mostly only sell skills like Strong, Protect, Claw etc. You will probably need to run the Dragon Temple yourself to get a chance at acquiring that skill.

The MP/Chaotic Spirit combo is really nice, but the problem with it is that it's a very specialized one. At max level it has only a 60% chance for it to work, so you will want to build a Dexterity genie to make the skill have a higher chance of working. This means your genie will have lower Energy and/or a slower regeneration rate which can turn out to be pretty bad in PvP. Also consider that Chaotic Spirit uses 160 of your genie energy and you will not want to waste it, so you will want to have that Dexterity genie. Notice how the person's Genie is completely depleted of energy and it recharges very slowly. This means that you might have trouble with the genie because using other skills might leave you with too little energy to use Chaotic Spirit when you need it.

Another thing to consider is that you cannot have Chaotic Spirit, Absolute Domain, Expel and Cloud Eruption on the Genie unless you are level 104. Absolute Domain and Expel are important for your survival. The extra Dexterity will make Expel last longer, but that's not needed most of the time since you also get sealed. Cloud Eruption is pretty much obligatory if you're a Demon Venomancer. Sage Venomancers can skip Cloud Eruption and the genie will require level 103. If the Sage Venomancer wants to have Absolute Domain and Faith (instead of Expel), they will have to choose one or the other. They cannot have both. A Dexterity genie is also pretty terrible for Faith.

Don't forget players also use MP charms and they always have the option to use Absolute Domain themselves to avoid death, although they probably wouldn't expect this combo.

In summary; the combo is nice and unexpected, but too specialized and usually ends up not being worth it. This is why the majority of the Venomancers don't use it. However, feel free to try it out.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    This is one of the combos i use on those immortal classes with 50-60k+ hp. It is also why i have been pushing for the devs to enable the ability to view the targets mana bar or buff veno mana drain capabilites. I use a few tricks to bypass auto pot and mana charms but it is still difficult to time sometimes. Only use this in a 1v1 when your other resources are out of c/d, like desdi mentioned your genie is going to be in c/d for a bit. My combo usually involves starting with (stun scarbub/puff bird) or pet stunning while using its untargetable skill while simultaneously casting soul drain. Once soul drain is up either you stun or have your pet stun(who ever didnt stun first) while the pet continues with the following combo-> consume->Sacrifice-->devour. While pet is doing this combo from the safety of untargetable skill you should be using noxious gas or blasting the doll. The window is very small and involves alot of multitasking. Soul drain usually ticks the charm on most ha/la classes. After noxious your pet should be finishing up with devour. Use chaotic spirit and the enemy should be around 100-1k hp. Finish with a skill of your choice. (If soul drain is cast prior to using an immunity skill the target will still take dmg from the doll.) However if they steatlh or use the DB skill the doll will change gold and you will not be able to target it.

The reason i use consume initially is to tick the mana charm and start auto pot. The pet then uses sacrifice to lose 75% its max hp. It follows up with devour which drains mana = to half the pets missing hp (also heals the pet). My monkey can drain around 3400 mana with devour after a sacrifice. Thats pretty much 90-100% of most la/ha classes mana pool. Cast chaotic and gg. My genie also has a 90% chance to do this so its is pretty reliable. Remeber this is a last resort after you a fairly certain you have forced your target to use up thier resources.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    From my experience the only ha/la classes that even bother equipping mana charms are seekers and the occasional db. The other classes tend to use the autopot feature.