Any Interest in a no-holds barred, PVP server? + Which events do you like? + Custom pet or mount?

Comments

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    I really, really miss a real PvP server,
    where all the games mechanics actually worked correctly.
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »
    I really, really miss a real PvP server,
    where all the games mechanics actually worked correctly.

Yeah, you've been posting the +/- same thing 3 times now, I think people get your point by now, really.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• srovarie
    srovarie Posts: 44 Arc User
    A server without any GM? That sounds a regular server to me. In Dawnglory you can basicaly do whatever you want. Like naming and shaming on world chat for hours. I don't care about open pvp so much because the pay to win factor but a new server with actual GMs would be nice.
  • joepsel
    joepsel Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am not interested at all in a PvP server. But by all means, make one. As far as events go, I am mostly interested in events that require teamwork.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Can I say Thank You to @orinj and @thenamesdomino

Since you have both been here I have seen a bit of life back into PWI. Sometimes all we wanted was the Information / Feedback / Answers. Something I have been really interested in. The way things have been handled in the last few weeks where textbook on excellence.

So my wish for this Genie! CoM please... Well I cant wish for that can I but please keep this like this. I really think all PWI players would agree. Its just such a shame that it got to where it did at times!

SO Genie...

I Wish For PWE to stay how we have seen it in the last few weeks. You really have restored a lot of my confidence in this.

SO.....

THANK YOU!​​
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    swiftfall wrote: »
    Since Harshlands was merged into Dawnglory i have been a white name. I can count on one hand how many times i've been attacked while out questing. When it was HL tbh it wasn't much different but u don't have the spontaneious pk battles that was the most fun. Yes it sucked sometimes but not having too worry about even remotely dying on the map sucks too. I have lost the interest to play cause whats the point when u don't have a chance of dying.

Show me on the main map anywhere where it is remotely dangerous pve wise. Pk adds an element of danger that's more true to the game. I'm sorry your suppose to die at some point in game. The PVE isn't remotely hard when you can auto attack and solo most instances.

Personally you would almost never see me in an organized pk battle in west or silverpool. But i truly miss the random pk battles at gbq areas and some questing areas. Yeah u die, life sucks some people also die in pve so get over it. Yes it does suck to drop something, cause i know because i have. But u get over it.

Most everything gear wise that's new comes bound and the other stuff either bind it or carry dolls or have sl on. Dolls are cheap as hell anyways, they are no different than pots imo. Do you ever go and stuff without your pots or repairs?

If the biggest events in game are all pvp based so why can we not have our pvp. I don't think everyone should be forced into pk mode though there should be a choice.

I for one wouldn't be in favor of a PK server since i wouldn't bother rerolling cause there's truly no point. Bring back XNW and fix Xtw so that the battles are worthwhile. Make some open world event like the assualt on archosaur pk enabled with no gear drops or red hours.

It's getting boring to the point its not even worth it to log in anymore. The fun factor for me has disappeared. If it wasn't for tw, xtw i would have probably quit ages ago. The **** up times for events on DG for me means there's hardly an event i can attend since they are all during work hours.

Thanks for reading my wall

Hoorayforboobs

On a much more serious note. Taylor Hall? WTF. I thought RNH would have been traded.
    NGTUy53.png

• parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    We don't need a new pvp-server. Just change current server status from pve to pvp.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    We do need a new pvp-server, since we dont wanna change any server status
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    people that wanna PK only wanna kill people that have no interrest in fighting back to feel better about themselves... making a server for PvP only wont give them what they want, better switch the PvE servers to PvP servers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I want server transfer and cross server arena. Personally you can argue Da is the most active server in terms of numbers but I couldnt care less when we have how many ACTIVE +12/11 Deity/jsod characters running around blue name 24^7!? I can name so many its hilarious, to farm for years or spend hundreds on gear for pve,you can literally macro kill bosses and mobs the heck going on in your life for you to find challenge there...

Worse is they have the nerve to come to sp and watch pvp as if we are a spectical or form of their entertainment GG Youtube.com. My favorite excuse is "I dont know how to pvp" really!? How many years you been farming and you dont know how to click on a skill or hotkey? GG WP. Im damn well near the point of worldchatting 1mill per 1v1 but only geared ppl I pull 24hr shifts all the time so Ive seen the server on all timezone I can name on 2 hands how many active PvPers who will come out for harmless fun on a server with hundreds of players!? Come on...

To hell with that Ill move to an American server if allowed atleast them times dont suck for event

Before people pull the "Not everyone wants to play your way!!!" Thats fine you like pve but you seriously want 0 challenge gg wp is your ego that enormous!? TW wasnt enough pvp not even close now its even shorter and normal nw is just 1 vs squads and if you go with a squad its stupid easy atleast cross server so many filled map u didnt even need a squad to have a awesome time
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Some people care to much cause others like pve more than pvp while pretending they dont care.

giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    edited July 2016
    Totally untrue @superfedee because @jxshadow has proven time and agian on youtube any class if set up right and skilled in 1v1 or mass can be taken down if you play right. What you're refering is how fear of trying to which I guess is understandable some ppl just fear losing.

@bloodedone87 the point I'm making is if you got gear like that and don't even pvp it literally makes no sense except to just I guess burn time but cudos. I'd just rather play on a server with people who actually enjoy the game was meant to be played agianst players not extremely basic mobs. You're acting like im demanding switch all servers to pvp when too many ppl will Cry threatening to quit because they cant freely run their mouths and do dailies but I serioisly doubt it xD

Really wish for a 24hr pvp arena/server change service get taken seriously I could literally convince 5+ to return who knows maybe they can each do too >. <
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Well, there are people who like the process of gearing up and enjoy collecting rare pieces of gear, expensive gear or hard-to-farm gear. I used to know a few players like those.​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    [quote="blazerboy;1272

@bloodedone87 the point I'm making is if you got gear like that and don't even pvp it literally makes no sense except to just I guess burn time but cudos. I'd just rather play on a server with people who actually enjoy the game was meant to be played agianst players not extremely basic mobs. You're acting like im demanding switch all servers to pvp when too many ppl will Cry threatening to quit because they cant freely run their mouths and do dailies but I serioisly doubt it xD

Really wish for a 24hr pvp arena/server change service get taken seriously I could literally convince 5+ to return who knows maybe they can each do too >. <[/quote]

Makes no sense to you but it makes sense to them.
    giphy.gif

• spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dingo488 wrote: »
    people that wanna PK only wanna kill people that have no interrest in fighting back to feel better about themselves... making a server for PvP only wont give them what they want, better switch the PvE servers to PvP servers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@dingo488 I honestly thought you would be all for it since your method of PvP doesnt give anyone a chance to fight back anyway.
    You squad sig ontop of 1-4 people with a group of 6-10 wipe them then walk to sz and dont even bother with a rematch. Now dont get me wrong im not trying to shame you or saying its wrong. I'm not fussed when i get killed like that coz im flagged for pk 24/7. I expect the gank. But that is the method you use, so doesnt that make you a little hypocritical? Coz its pretty much the same as an r9rr player wiping a squad of Nv3 players.

If you have no interest in pk stay in sz. You can get banned for quest blocking people on their dailies anyhow so dont dare use that as a reason. PvE has ruined PvP and PvE events. This game is designed for PvP servers only. That is fact.
    Besides even on PvE i can quest block you. All i do is follow you on a blue name and take all your mobs.

Again im not trying to start an argument, I take no issue with your method of pvp, but what you are saying is rather hypocritical imo.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    All I personally wanna do all day long is PvP. Not that frustrating gankfest mass-PvP stuff. Real PvP. Only you and your enemy.

1 vs 1.

That is the true art and the best way to find out if someone understands the game mechanics, his skills and the skills of the enemy class. Any obstacle can be won over if you just practice enough. The reason why most people dont like 1on1s is because they get wrecked all the time. They get wrecked because they refuse to learn, accept defeats, learn from it and eventually improve until they can win.

This being said. The only thing this game desperatly need which no one could ever complain about is ranked 1on1-PvP. Surely there have to be some rebalancing but thats the case in any game. Sure people will also lose and get angry and might complain. But if they lose in a 1on1 its their own fault. If you lose in Mass then its most likely that you got ganked by 5+ people.

Please make that happen ._. why do we always have to give people the oppurtunity to band together and kill people they could never beat alone. If that would be rl and you had to get rid off a Tyrant or Dictator that has done gruesome things then ok, band together, fight for the best of all but in a game?! In a game where anyone can be equally strong..do we really need more situations that lead to ganking? I say NO. 1on1 it is.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Sorry guys been buried with some weekend planning so I havent been able to go an edit posts with [Pizza], and recopy pasta the points that people have brought up and update it. I know some ideas sorta jumped out at me when I read them but I've been more busy than I had hoped!

Also, try not to beat up on each other for individual instances or personal experiences. Everyone has had different interactions on PvP vs PvE servers and both definitely have their pros and cons. But lets try not to stray too far into accusatory territory if we can help it. As far as using personal anecdotes to support for or against a PvP server or a PvP flip, thats fine.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • blazerboy
    Fine..... I stand firm though in my wonderous memories of being able to kill a nub x2 and then he called his/her friends and I called mine and that is the day we settled difference like adults FOR GLORY
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    1 vs 1.

That is the true art and the best way to find out if someone understands the game mechanics, his skills and the skills of the enemy class. Any obstacle can be won over if you just practice enough. The reason why most people dont like 1on1s is because they get wrecked all the time. They get wrecked because they refuse to learn, accept defeats, learn from it and eventually improve until they can win.
    Didn't you say it yourself that db is a class which can't be countered and defeated in a fair fight? Do you 1v1 vs a db all day long on your cleric or mystic to learn game mechanics? monkey-47.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dingo488
    shade13 wrote: »
    Didn't you say it yourself that db is a class which can't be countered and defeated in a fair fight? Do you 1v1 vs a db all day long on your cleric or mystic to learn game mechanics? ​​

Since Joe fails at every single aspect of the game that is not 1v1ing people, which is most simple form of PvP, he'll just claim that its the only real way of PvP. You know... Its pretty easy to be the smartest person on the planet as long as you can convince the whole world that everything you dont know is completely irrelevant. o:)
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    shade13 wrote: »
    Didn't you say it yourself that db is a class which can't be countered and defeated in a fair fight? Do you 1v1 vs a db all day long on your cleric or mystic to learn game mechanics? ​​

Since Joe fails at every single aspect of the game that is not 1v1ing people, which is most simple form of PvP, he'll just claim that its the only real way of PvP. You know... Its pretty easy to be the smartest person on the planet as long as you can convince the whole world that everything you dont know is completely irrelevant. o:)

Oh, I do? Weird that our NW-Squad usually wins fights with 10 vs 20+ easily depite mostly having people with significantly better gears in them, sometimes even 2 Squads of our calibre. Weird. Mhm.

And also weird that 1on1 is the simplest aspect of the game and yet so many proclaimed "pro" players that shine SOOO much in TW/NW get just destroyed easily without even having to try. Yap Mate. You make absolute perfect sense (NOT!).

@shade13 Well, I am not talking about myself here xD I doubt there is any aspect of any class I dont know yet due to having been fighting and playing with all classes nearly since the game started. Even in Mass-PvP I notice so many people sometimes standing there and being awestruck by some skills, obviously knowing absolutely nothing how to counter the skill or how to at least react to it. People like @dingo488 just chose to roll a VIT-BM, knowing they will survive quite long, just press their 1, 2, 3 skill buttons and hope for others to follow up, being absolutely unable to achieve anything alone. Not even in the slightest. True, more isnt really required from BMs these days as they are quite broken in Mass-PvP. Well, if he thinks he can show off skill with such a built he might end up very disappointed esp considering what people from TT told me about that matter. Indeed just a Pawn and nowhere near a King.

Mass-PvP requires absolutely no knowledge of the game showcased by dozens of people any time. Big factions win solely due to numbers/gear. That is all. Even if there would be some good players involved in the process..its impossible to show that off in mass. This or most people are just so irrelevant that they never get focused and can act as if they would 1on1 cause 1 person at a time is the most they are facing during NW/TW/xTW. Also people forget that there are classes that have skills which are instant and cant be interrupted and then there are classes like the "oh sooo OP"-Stormbringer that have 1 little skill with which they can save themselves and god aweful channeling, making it nearly impossible to sneak in some counter-CC while being focused.

And @dingo488 I can assure you that even if I fail at anything besides 1on1 I am still better than you and if Hoorah could deceide between you and me they would surely chose me. You are just a bigmouth with no clue about the game. Yap, thats what most of Hoorah says about you. Upload some videos and prove that you can play the game beyond Stunning/Disarming people and being used as a Meat-Shield. Show some Stunlocks, some reflexes, some nice saves. Show me how you outplay people you shouldnt be able to. Go ahead. I am waiting for it. Look at Dan, he at least knows how to BM a bit!
  • pwisintoon
    pwisintoon Posts: 2 Arc User
    This thread:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEczfm97iS4

Anyways....Gms, if we're making changes, how about making TW 3 hours again? Thanks
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    I don't think a pvp server w/o GM presence would be idea. You guys say it would be a Red Room where they have to leave thier pvp junk in that server but as we can see from previous posts, people that aren't even on the same server will still end up find ways to insult/demean/taunt each other. The general idea is nice but with such a diverse community like this one, everyone will look at things differently and it will turn into something ugly that will not make this game more enjoyable. I think the cross server pk area is very interesting and the best idea so far in the forums.

With the PvE v. PvP debate: turning the servers pvp or certain events pvp won't solve much even if that's how they were made. PWE will always make ways to help the PvE players out without having to pvp because they make up a lot of the player base. They had PvE and PvP servers for a reason, so they could intrest people who aren't looking for a pvp game but want to enjoy some of the pvp features. For this reason, the PvP players will never completely get all the pvp they are looking for in events and pk unless the x-server tournament or new pvp events are added.

• dingo488
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    - very cool touching story, where we laughed, we cried, we fought and we became friends again -

16txmk.jpg

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It doesn't matter to me. No way I'd start on a new server w/ a new char. At that point, just go to one of the private servers.

On Da at least, most of the people with gear worth a damn are perma-white name, I was never interested in pk'ing lowbies anyway.

The only thing I miss was those impromptu small-scale pk battles that used to happen around primal dailies, on Harshlands nearly every day there was some sort of pk drama going on and it made things interesting :).

On Da everyone is friendlier, but there isn't as many interesting things going on server-wise.

~Burnout
  • blazerboy
    Can we chill out with the unnecessary arguing thats how these get closed and This thread is actually IMPORTANT and can actually take this game in the direction it needs make another thread and argue but this one is not the place @jxshadow @dingo488
  • nareeah
    nareeah Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @orinj Personally idc about PvP server, would be nice if you fixed the existing ones for a change.
    No GM present is a joke right? We didn't have a decent GM since Spoons.

As for events, give us back celestial tiger and such but with 2 time slots! Like it was when it started. That way people in different time zones can participate.

Also, where is our DQ compensation?
    Rehaul of MQ would be nice, base trials are useless at this point (except you reused one trial setting for Wukong quest), HS is a joke, NV instance is dead etc.
  • bee11
    bee11 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    edited
    Post edited by bee11 on
This discussion has been closed.