Losing people due to lack of way to make any coins and the cost of upgrading homesteads!

Options

Comments

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    r9rr what 1bil or so
    each peice from 10-12 is 1.1 bil x10 = 11 bill
    jades each peice 1.2 at current prices x6 = 7.2 bill
    nw neck 1.2 bil
    rings and upgrades 1 bil or so
    cape 1 bil
    helm say low 3 bil
    little over 27 billion not counting the refines to 10 cards star chart skilz repairs charms etc
    so 52 mil saved a week for 1 year .

o too make 40 mil a week with pstones it would take 20k a week made and sold

5941165jeLeR.png
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    at Dawnglory gold price at AH is at max price 4m
    outside the AH can hit 5 or 6m
    Trying to buy gold in AH is a waste of time cause when there is 3k gold for other people and the bid stays for 3-4 days in AH it's pointless

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Way I see it the less the coin value the less I want to cs because my real money feels like its worth less. That leaves me with two options be a gamble junky for packs or its not worth cash shopping all together. So if you're a totally free player I can see why this is appealing but if you're a cash shopper w.o a bad gambling addiction this is just the help you need to break your want to spend a dime on this game. I used to literally cash 500-800 a month because I just could now that gold is the way it is Im 2 almost 3 months w.o spending because it doesnt feel worth it. The greedy keep prices high while my gold loses its value. So thanks PWI for making it easier for me atleast thats how I see it
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Then people who talk about merchanting are people who likely playing for year for once please dont thing about yourselves and when peoppe complain about making coins they talk about the AVERAGE joe shmo trying a new game
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • beast21g
    Options
    you cant merchant if you havent buy from AH or cashed over 300 gold to start selling items
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    you cant merchant if you havent buy from AH or cashed over 300 gold to start selling items

>Implying
    Just use your RNG luck (or lack thereof) and hope for the best.
    It's all about your approach to what you're given and what has been taken.
    It's also the mentality of most people that is the issue with wanting to take a risk or farm, in a game.

Most of the coin I ever got in-game was by farming -> sell what you can sell -> get chance packs -> ????:
    1. Get broke as **** and repeat
    or
    2. Get lucky, sell stuff you got from profit and set it aside (do not use it to buy anything you don't need and don't get chance packs, really, set it aside and don't touch it), repeat from farming step.

That's how I got most of my stuff done in the end.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• beast21g
    Options
    or they can simply fix the problem as i have request lot of times on support so some countries can cash
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    ^this lol
    wtf are these guys playing the same game we play, this game has so much coin sink and basically no way to make coins except for supply tokens (which is semi dead market tho) or FSP coins
    TT market is dead DQ is dead Nirvana is dead........ what game are those guys playing​​

While this is mostly true, it is also, for a large part, not true.

When people talk about ''making coins'' , in a discussion about a coin sink, they arent talking about stuff like TT/Nirvana. But they are talking about ways to generate coins. The Argument that coins are being generated at a tremendous rate isnt wrong...Tokens of Best Luck will always generate 5mil coin, since you can use 2 to literally get 10m coin from a merchant. The same goes for Tokens of Luck, you can use 10 of those to make 1 Wine, which generates 100k coin from a merchant. If the merchant gives you money then you are receiving money that previously didnt exist on the market, which basically counter-acts the coin sink that is the Homestead, which takes money that exists on the market and permanently removes it.

I think a coin sink is what any game should have. However!!! This coin sink should be in place to counter-act the coin that is being farmed by players. In PWI that isnt the case, in PWI the coin sink is in place to counter-act to coin being generated by people that are buying boutique items and thus using real life currency to obtain and I think thats where the real issue is... No boutique item should be usable to generate coins, the 10m big notes and the 100k valued wine shud not exist and instead be replaced by actually in-game ways to generate money (like DQ and Mirage Celestones used to be)

Granted on a sidenote, since we're allowing bots to be used I dont think DQ was a good solution either...
  • wishfulkit
    wishfulkit Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options

Actually merchanting gold is stupidly easy once its capped. why do you think there are so many bids? you buy for 4m max price. then sell out of AH for 5-6m. you don't even need a lot of gold, you can buy cheap stuff to start out like recovery stones. then work up to other things. you just need patience, even if your bid expires its not a big loss (.2%)
  • beast21g
    Options
    wishfulkit wrote: »

Actually merchanting gold is stupidly easy once its capped. why do you think there are so many bids? you buy for 4m max price. then sell out of AH for 5-6m. you don't even need a lot of gold, you can buy cheap stuff to start out like recovery stones. then work up to other things. you just need patience, even if your bid expires its not a big loss (.2%)

yes man but lets say that i have 30m i can buy 7 gold so that means that i will be left with 2m coins untill i buy the gold. IF i need 4 days to buy it in these 4 days how you can make coins? you got my concept? dont say do joj quests with the army of alts from game of thrones
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    Those that know how, can't fathom why those that know not complain. They apparently have the spare time to be absolutely disgustingly condescending and insulting towards simple ignorance while decrying it as indolent and imbecilic.

While those that do not have the luck or means to get started, ignore what sound advice comes their way.

/thread

Did I do that right? Or wasn't I arrogant enough to post in this thread to begin with?

Making coin in this game can be easy. You do a bh, you get 5m. You do enough of them on several characters and get lucky you can bring in wealth for relatively little time each day. Aside from the cost in time and account stashes etc. which is probably more than a general player will want to invest into the game JUST to comfortably afford to keep faffing about in it at their leisure on their main.

Jolly Jones is easy coin, if you can be there at the grinding machine immediately on reset to farm fruit before the bots get there. After maint is great because you can farm 30+ fruits to use to save literally hours of mouse button mashing over the week. Also you can do the non grinding machine quests if your alt (OF COURSE ITS AN ALT) is capable/you can stand to play it longer than it takes to collect your allowance from JJ.

Again, most player don't want to have to do something to tedious, and fight every other player for the same revenue stream. It is also luck based if you even get fruit quests, but you can still do the other ones. I don't, and I don't think more than a dozen people a day bother either. They just make dozens of accounts, abuse the system, and come on here to post about getting gud.

Honestly if you DON'T abuse JJ you are doing it wrong, and should just find another game.

Opening TT for a fee, is a good way to make coin. I don't do it, and I refuse to pay anyone to open TT for me for the maybe 3 times per year I even go in there anymore. If you are making bank selling TT mats, good on you. There are literally dozens of identical catshops selling identical mats for identical prices next to the forges. It blows my mind why anyone buys those things rather than farm them themselves or better yet buy them with chips for usually the lowest price. Or just get Lunar gear like I did, from chips. Turn all those wasted bh runs into something useful.

But that took me time. It was at least productive time, fun time, not spamming the grinding machine time or spamming WC for TT openers for an hour to run the same instance over and over to get screwed on drops time.

The real moneymakers are NW and FSP though. You do FSP, you sell the packs, you make some coin. Its faster and easier than grinding that same amount of coin manually ever was. It doesn't even require you to be geared or competent as evidenced by 90% of every squad you join having 5 or more people with sub 5k hp and no gear on because reasons.

NW is easy money. Show up, die, repeat for 2 hours. Your performance is not important. You even being at your keyboard is not important. I don't bother, because I hate pvp even if I end up winning. It just doesn't interest me and provides no enjoyment so I don't go. I miss out on a ton of coin twice a week but I do get to spend my time doing literally anything else and consider it better spent.

There, those are how you make coin with little time or effort each week, if you can stand to do any of them. If you can't, then why are you even playing this game again? Those are about the only things left TO do in the game so..

samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    JOJ is a way to make money but after a while it gets boring to keep loging toons to get coins by repeating the same thing over and over again.
    giphy.gif

• beast21g
    Options
    people have diferent opinion for that i will relax have fun all
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    this is sad, you guys keep coming up with these methods for making coin but the thing is no one wants to do it because it takes an ungodly amount of time. Why would anyone stay in this game if it took so long to get gear.

someone suggested making an alt to farm jolly. that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. Im sorry. No sane person would waste their time and computer doing that. that makes the game turn into a job. no game should require you to make alts to make money.

Then most of the server is insane. It's what people do. If you do not like the advice that others are giving you then uninstall and gtfo. Seriously. Others are telling you people how to make coin and all you do is complain about the time and effort required to make coin. JoJ is easy money for anyone.

I cannot count how many times I alone stated this (as well as many others) but catshop merchanting is just as much a part of the game as leveling a character, learning and leveling skills, culti, etc. If you don't like it then too bad. It is the way it is. It works.

I just made 420 mil in the past 3 weeks with my catshop and I basically ignored it and let it do its thing. Yes it takes time to make coin. Nothing in this game was designed for instant gratification. Go play a console game if that bothers you. This game is not for you.

QQQ "you mean I gotta leave my computer turned on?!! wtf, man?!?" QQQ

Give me a ********* break.
    Oh look a bunch of experts here.
    Yes you can make coins in the game but those that are claiming that they can get r9 in a matter of weeks as a newbie they are lying.

I think its 2 years since I keep reading that economy will get better, that price will drop. I am keep waiting.
    In the best case what we had was the prices going up-down, up-down, up-down, up-down.

As a new person I agree. A veteran catshop merchant absolutely can do it. Once I started my mission to get R9 it took me about 6 weeks total but I had experience at undercutting and out merchanting others. I ran a real cut-throat operation and pissed off a lot of others in the process. I enjoyed every second of that just as much as one shooting people in PvP. I mean learning to PvP properly or working together as a team to complete an instance makes game play much less burdensome so should learning to make coin with a catshop. It is just as important as learning how to use a character's skills for PvP/PvE. For those who do nothing but make excuses for their failure they are earning that failure 100%.

As far as the economy thing. I laugh at statements like this only because all these demands for fixes by screeching QQers such as those complaining about botting, etc materialized with high expectations of some miraculous recovery as a result. It's those with the highest expectation who are the most disappointed but they were delusional and misguided from the start. Not going to rehash my old arguments in old threads about that but it boiled down to them wanting their cake and eating it too. Didn't work and I ROTFLMAO about it with an I told you so.
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    Im almost endgame(full T3, just put first vit stone in my plate yesterday, 28m plus 1m for fee). I broke into my tome fund(I had 2 Excitement cards in bank). Almost broke me. But...went and squeezed a few jolly toons between last night and this morning and brought back in another 10m plus! I'm only going to agree with the OP in the sense of missing the old days when a Fri. night would bring in 4-6m in my mats shop. But the flip side was I had to spent 3-4 hours just gathering plus a couple hours playing(not botting) a lower level character for rough fur drops. And back then a T3 wep cost 200m+ easily. Getting T3 boots was like a dream. I've been a F2P player for 5 years now, and things are actually way cheaper than they have ever been, with the exception of gold. It shouldn't be super easy to make coin, or even to level. Everyone and there brother wants R9, to be on top of the cyber **** pile. Part of the whole PWI mystique if you will, at least for me, has been doing it ALL! All aspects of the game, questing, levelling, crafting(my cupboard is maxed I can make anything except R9, lol). I can say I'm almost endgame because now my high class problems are: should I roll a 45 coin engrave on my cape, or build my lvl 5 tome, or buy that Vit stone that is very cheap at the moment? :) And if I want to make more coin, then I have to play the merchanting game, which I've done my share of in times past(buying and selling in AH, crafting and hoping to sell in AH :( sometimes stuff sits forever it seems). But back to the first point, even if you spent real money in this game, there is still work to do to level, get your gear, shard it, etc. And like others have already said, yes you can make coin, it just takes some time and effort to set up your coin flow system. I still love this game, I just don't have the time like I used to. I have to pick and choose which dailies, run my jolly toons or even help someone else. There is so much to this game and a lot of people by-pass it and hurry to endgame, it's sad. As for making coin, find ways to make coin, tons of shops to get ideas from. See you all ingame! \o/
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    I agree with this in some sense BUT...

If you have time to play this you can make money. I play for a few hours each night. So I dont have a lot of coin. Thats the difference and the point. Play time. Of course their is another way. And I do sometimes to Support a game I like playing for that reason.

Its right that some people have to much coin but they likely get more time to play. In some cases their is no support for people like me who play a few hours a night. Very difficult to keep up BUT not impossible.​​
  • jadasia
    Options
    Oh look a bunch of experts here.
    Yes you can make coins in the game but those that are claiming that they can get r9 in a matter of weeks as a newbie they are lying.

I think its 2 years since I keep reading that economy will get better, that price will drop. I am keep waiting.
    In the best case what we had was the prices going up-down, up-down, up-down, up-down.
    heero200 wrote: »
    I agree with this in some sense BUT...

If you have time to play this you can make money. I play for a few hours each night. So I dont have a lot of coin. Thats the difference and the point. Play time. Of course their is another way. And I do sometimes to Support a game I like playing for that reason.

Its right that some people have to much coin but they likely get more time to play. In some cases their is no support for people like me who play a few hours a night. Very difficult to keep up BUT not impossible.​​

You have to play within your means. 'Keeping up' is a pointless sentiment when all you can do is a few hours a week. Just have to play at your own rate instead of trying to keep up with others.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yer. Worked that out the hard way. But my point remains. Or at least I like it.
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot cube existed :neutral:

If you are good at it, then you can make quite a bit off of selling cogs or necklaces. I was never that great at it, because invariably I would spend 20 minutes getting sent back repeatedly to the bored rooms and have to deal with people trying to gank me over and over and over and over and over.

I stopped doing cube after I did the culti, and like 2 months after that they removed that quest entirely. -_-
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Man, if you start from scratch, know that to get to end game, real end game, you need to spend around 40-50 billions. Its a huge amount that you totally CAN make in 1-2 years if starting from scratch, but ONLY IF you have patience.

And let's clear some things up. Do not play the "I am low level card", PWi from time to time gives out free ways to lvl up. Use those.

If CS-ing is not a option, people already provided great ways to make money relatively fast, without having to actually generate coin into the game.
    1. take part into god damned free events which give you free sht that you can then sell for good coins. If you do not know them, start learning.
    2. take part into god damned FSP/NW. Not a lot of money, but its reliable. Some say its also fun, but not for me.
    3. my own experience, BH's sck big time, if you do not afford to dual account play them, multiple times. Even then, there are better ways to make money in the same amount of time.

Once you get to a point where you have around 100m (you'd be surprised how fast u can get that), DO NOT SPEND. Start merching, and you do not even need to have a catshop permanently on. You just need to know the hours that most people buy them coins. So yes, probably you need to leave catshop on and watch it from time to time, to see the good hours. In any case, you still need to leave it on for 4-5 hours per day at the least. But hey, complaining that the computer needs to stay on is silly.
    1. Merch FSP Coins. On DA, you buy them at around 65k, and sell them for 74k (around 14% profit, but the amount you roll out daily makes it worth the effort). Form experience, I can tell you I managed to buy at least 4k coins in one single day. You just need to be less greedy than others, and pray for larger volumes.
    2. Put AH buy offers at max value to get gold. Then either wait for a sale which takes gold price (out of AH) to 6m (50% profit BUT less amounts). This only applies to cases when you net worth is too large to only place it on FSP coins.
    3. Once your net worth reaches 2-3b, time to find other investment options, you are too large for FSP and AH daily operations only. I cannot advice here, since I generally end up spending everything AND cash shopping. I am compulsive :D.

This requires you to NOT SPEND for quite a while, but once you get at that point, even a 10% profit gets relevant.

Ignore jolly jones, or other ways botters/abusers use to create coin. You can do without this if only you have the patience.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • beast21g
    Options
    you bought 4k fsp coins cause people is desperate to sell them ;)
    BHs are like a joke rewards bad and withour value anymore. (mirages/chips/socket stones are the 90% of your reward coin cards are the rarest like to try open a pack and hope to get CoM)
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You will probably have days when you sell nothing, and days when you sell a lot. There is a living to be made merching fsp coins nevertheless.

Dun listen to people who tell you that a specific item is not worth merching. There are a lot of shops out there, and none of them is interested in competition.

FSP coins are to PWI what spice is to Dune. That will probably not change even in 1 year from now. And... there is also that thing with S+ cards that still need to arrive at some point, which will make demand skyrocket.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    r9rr what 1bil or so
    What server is it? :open_mouth:
    On Dawnglory you will be lucky to get just weapon for 1.2-1.3b(85*10.5m GST + x5*35m Mogs+grades), not counting rep/ring price. And that is a sale price.
  • gabrielgrey
    gabrielgrey Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    I thought about whether I was going to respond to this thread for almost a day, because I hate getting involved in forum wars.
    I've been playing PWI for 7 years, my wife got me involved. Everyone I know who played PWI left this game over a year ago and won't come back (including the wife). I'm the only person left in my faction, everyone's gone.
    I'm 103/103/103. I'm not R9, I'm barely S3. I struggle to make in-game coin MIGHTILY. NW is at a point past midnight and I've already been at work 16 hours before it begins. Botting might get me 100-150k after repairs, MAYBE. I'm in game maybe an hour a day and most of the time barely have time to get dailies complete. I've put a good chunk of money into this game over 7 years to buy packs in bulk when they're on sale, like the sochi packs this week. My experience with packs is that I can buy 200 or 300 and I've never EVER broken even. Most of the time I don't even come close. I can leave a comp on to merchant those things and _I think_ my pricing is competitive, people aren't buying. Why? Because they have no coin to do so unless they also put physical money in.
    This isn't a whine, my point is only that if you extremely time limited, even if you put cash in, there really is no other good way to make coin in game. At least when you were picking up the little drops while botting, like potions, they stacked and you could npc them and get SOMETHING. I've had days were I botted in Mo (hell) for an hour and not made enough to repair armor.
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    I thought about whether I was going to respond to this thread for almost a day, because I hate getting involved in forum wars.
    I've been playing PWI for 7 years, my wife got me involved. Everyone I know who played PWI left this game over a year ago and won't come back (including the wife). I'm the only person left in my faction, everyone's gone.
    I'm 103/103/103. I'm not R9, I'm barely S3. I struggle to make in-game coin MIGHTILY. NW is at a point past midnight and I've already been at work 16 hours before it begins. Botting might get me 100-150k after repairs, MAYBE. I'm in game maybe an hour a day and most of the time barely have time to get dailies complete. I've put a good chunk of money into this game over 7 years to buy packs in bulk when they're on sale, like the sochi packs this week. My experience with packs is that I can buy 200 or 300 and I've never EVER broken even. Most of the time I don't even come close. I can leave a comp on to merchant those things and _I think_ my pricing is competitive, people aren't buying. Why? Because they have no coin to do so unless they also put physical money in.
    This isn't a whine, my point is only that if you extremely time limited, even if you put cash in, there really is no other good way to make coin in game. At least when you were picking up the little drops while botting, like potions, they stacked and you could npc them and get SOMETHING. I've had days were I botted in Mo (hell) for an hour and not made enough to repair armor.

After how many hours of botting you get 100-150k after repairs?
    You talking about botting manually or using the auto cultivation system?
    giphy.gif

• gabrielgrey
    gabrielgrey Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    Auto botting. And I'll also add I've only ever had one toon, because I can't bear the thought of doing the same quests over and over again for leveling purposes.
  • jadasia
    Options
    BHs are like a joke rewards bad and withour value anymore. (mirages/chips/socket stones are the 90% of your reward coin cards are the rarest like to try open a pack and hope to get CoM)

Once again I see many, many catshops selling mirages, socket stones and dice tickets, HH gold mats made from chips for more than 1 coin. Your notion that they are worthless when they really do have value is erroneous statement made to embellish a failed argument.

Stop it.
  • beast21g
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »

Once again I see many, many catshops selling mirages, socket stones and dice tickets, HH gold mats made from chips for more than 1 coin. Your notion that they are worthless when they really do have value is erroneous statement made to embellish a failed argument.

Stop it.

cause you see shops selling doesnt mean that people buys
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    Auto botting. And I'll also add I've only ever had one toon, because I can't bear the thought of doing the same quests over and over again for leveling purposes.

How many hours of auto botting?

Because if its 1-2 hours its understandable that you make 100-150k but if you autobott for 8 hours and you get 150k you doing something wrong.
    giphy.gif