Did you attend NW? Pros and Cons vs xNW Please

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    scruncy wrote: »
    you just confirmed what I said
    people pve cuz it benefits them.
    people dont pvp cuz there is no benfit
    What I meant is that reward won't encourage ppl to pvp if they don't like pvp. Instead of that, they will turn any event into pve, like it happened with NW - dozens of alts afk hitting NPCs. Farming. lol

As for other games, maybe it is so because ppl playing them do like pvp. Because I can hardly imagine a person going to play something he dislikes. I'd never start playing PW if it had current state 7 years ago. I'd definitely choose something more pvpish. But back then it was ok to satisfy both needs - pvp and pve. Atm it turned 99% pve, which makes 99% of its population happy considering the amount of players playing pvp and pve servers =)

So, once again: who cares this pvp and its fans? monkey-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    The benefit from pvp is fun and enlarging the size of e-peens. Seems good enough. I'm sorry you don't find that fun.

In other news, I painted my nails red and yellow and it looks like ketchup and mustard.​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    superfedee wrote: »
    PvE servers dont exist and never existed in PWCH, events and the whole game itself its based upon PvP formula, dailies are out of safe zone, as well as world bosses resource wars primal boss etch
    blue name over lvl 30 shouldnt exist, faction A player gets pked by faction B player while doing dailies, A calls backup to kill B, B gets rekt and comes back with reinforcements, there you go mass open pk
    Eu players had option to vote if stay PvE or switch PvP server, they voted to stay PvE and then most of those players quit while all the ones more PvP-oriented are still there wellp

PvP is the game, PvP brings challenge and competition, you get deleted in open pk you are motivated to gear up and play more,
    what does PvE bring to the challenge and competition? nothing, PvE is the path to follow to become competitive and ready for PvP

btw yea if PvP is cancer, where PvP is the thing not just on PWI but pretty much on any online videogame, dblazen1 you are just mentally challenged

Go play PWCH then.
    Like dblazen said: what is stoping you pvp players to turn on pk button and stay that way for the rest of years that this game still have left?
    But it is not about that, no?
    Its about that you and the rest of those that are asking for turning all servers in pvp just want to kill the weakest ones to feel like GOD or something.
    Maybe some of us do not want to get in mass pk even if we are part of a faction. Maybe we just want to do his dailies. Why should I be forced to pk or I should I be forced to set my time of doing dailies due to your needs to pk me? I do not want to stay in safezone until that someone that is waiting to pk me is leaving the area were I am questing.

game is designed to be like that, look the mmo scene, all the mmos are pvp, if you think you would get rpked upon leaving sz while doing dailies you are wrong and you never experienced pvp server, probably you never experienced pvp at all! Reading your lines i can really feel you are too unsecure to try pvp because probably your gears are just as bad as your pvp skills.

but someone has to start from somewhere right? if you'll never try you'll never learn m8

if PWI turns all servers into PvP like it is supposed to be, you guys will just need to adapt at start, but at the end you will love it
    besides the fact that finally events will start to work as intended.

PvP is love PvP is life, you don't like PvP go play arcades​​

Do not talk with me like I am a newbie . I know what was like on pvp server in this game. Once a new player got lvl 30 he was rpk by the big boys. Go and full someone else.

Stop with this attitude of: ,,everyone must like pvp cause I like pvp and if they do not like it is cause they do not know how to play,,

If they turn all servers pvp I am going to say Adios PWI. And with me a very large part of community.There are better games outhere to play.

BTW I do like pvp . I do not like pk because I am forced to fight when I want to do something else. It is not about whining or losing.
    Its about that you get no choice.
    And this game has no penalties for the jerks that are attacking the weak ones just cause they can.

There is a game that comes out soon(obviously I cannot mention the name here)

That game has open world pvp but here is the thing that I have been reading and heard about it

if A player atacks B player and the B player do not fight back the A player gets a debuff and if A player dies while having this debuff A player loses an item.
    giphy.gif

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    I enjoy pvp on occasion but i would never want a pure pvp server. i like having the choice to do pvp when i want. and knowing certain people on my server, Etherblade, they will pk lower toons just to make themselves feel good. there is no need for the server to be pvp, but this is getting off topic. leave the arguing to be about NW vrs. XNW
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    BRING BACK XNW!!!

1 - I agree pvp is more fun than pve - XNW FEEDS PVP players while keeping servers PVE.
    2 - With all my +12 Jades gear and being white all the time - theres are times I dont really want to fight i wanna do daily and go sleep coz of work tomorrow - so yes, PvE servers must be there.
    3 - 1st MMO I played I actually PVP ALL Day hunting the Red names for rewards, Red name is a Pker that attacks 1st and/or kills lower geared people / people less skilled or motivated to pvp - just because they can.
    3.1 Well, Gentlemen that do that, How would u feel if PWI added a bounty system where you would lose Exp/Items/Gear Parts after you get hunted down for reward/bounty someone that got pked placed on u. I assure you, its not fun to be hunted because you bullied others, I used to hunt, its pretty oblivious, the guys defending the weak or law win at the end.

Mono
    <3
  • monoftalm
    Imo IDEA of CROSS events is for people to spend LESS time in PWI and spend the time in PWI they do with HIGH Quality.

This is why xTW is good, so is XNW :3

OK now, lets bring back xNW!
    <3
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    If they bring back xNW please without the commander bs. That was kinda useless to me.

Each time I did xNW I have never listened to that guy or girl or alien or whatever creature he/she was.
    giphy.gif

• rosuvulpe#4101
    rosuvulpe#4101 Posts: 18 Arc User
    the commander system was pointless when a rich player could buy the spot every week and still make a good profit off the free tokens for doing nothing. this happened too much on etherblade. person with some 50+ alts would put all his votes on his toon, or there was the time he bought all three spots to be voted on, so that there was no way he wouldnt be commander.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    If they're buying all the spots, then they're spending as much money as they're making. A commander should be actively trying to make his nation win, to increase the tokens for himself and everyone.

NWs have still mostly been competitive on Twilight Temple recently.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    *everyone on Dawnglory wants them back

Other servers are fine with regular NW.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    *everyone on Dawnglory wants them back

Other servers are fine with regular NW.

Oh the regular NW is fine as well but if you run around with a decent geared and also decent skilled Squad you just destroy anything and everything even if you get outnumbered drastically. The balance is a bit lacking in intra-NW. Also Outplaying and outsmarting people you know for such a long time is just too easy. No new people means no suprises which nearly equals no challange at all.

Sure, makes for fancy videos where you can just slash through hordes of underskilled/undergeared ppl but thats not all that satisfying ._.
  • monoftalm
    I agree with all that support xNW, its more than just a token race - its a play or quit pwi race.

CROSS SERVER THINGS MADE PWI ALIVE AGAIN.

+ commander should be someone that has the most points from last xNW and be setup automatically if he enters next week, and if he doesnt set the one below and so on.
    <3
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited June 2016
    monoftalm wrote: »
    I agree with all that support xNW, its more than just a token race - its a play or quit pwi race.

CROSS SERVER THINGS MADE PWI ALIVE AGAIN.

+ commander should be someone that has the most points from last xNW and be setup automatically if he enters next week, and if he doesnt set the one below and so on.

Ive seen some info that suggests that it is being worked on, BUT this is game coding and will take some time. Exactly what exactly it is another question for another time.

Hold your Horses!​​
  • monoftalm
    xNW or teddy gets it. Im serious >.<
    <3
  • heerohex#3018
    monoftalm wrote: »
    xNW or teddy gets it. Im serious >.<

O not the Teddy.

Sorry but I don't D in chance. "Asks for mono to be moved to XTW server on his own" HAHAHAHA!​​
  • darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    X-NW is cool. The only thing i did not like is entering 5 mins before start. Sometimes you just disconnect, and can log back only in few mins, so you enter NW ~5 mins after it starts. But on X-TW you can enter 30 mins before starts :expressionless:
  • heerohex#3018
    Yes they should have 10 mins open b4 server starts. Fair point.
  • monoftalm
    Main point now is that last night NW was even more bad than previous one .

Where XNW is always fun and challenging - why isnt there a gm or admin to give a word??
    <3
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    I agree we need Sunday x Nw back!
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I want the opportunity to experience this xD. Sounds fun. Bring X-nation wars back :).

Old Harshlands NW got boring since it was pretty much either fight a bunch of lowbies, or fight a bunch of archers all day.

Post edited by dregenfox on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I'm sorry but someone mentioned the most idiot system I ever heard

"if A player atacks B player and the B player do not fight back the A player gets a debuff and if A player dies while having this debuff A player loses an item."

So basically both parties must agree to a fight for any form of pvp and if one is a butthurt cry baby he just stops and waits for the DEbuff to take the item? Lmfao Grow UP and Get Good mate....

Really hoping w.e that game crashes and burn for its complete illogical aspects
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • monoftalm
    I am happy this is a server wide topic about nw :3
    <3
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Only thing wrong with our open map pvp system is that items can drop.
  • joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    Not really. You just need to carry scrolls/dolls.
    The PvP system is PWI is already pretty carebear as it is. Most games with a real PvP system, you not only can lose multiple items, but skill/attribute points as well. Usually with those you have a set period of time where no one can pick your items, and you are the only one able to retrieve them. It won't stop you from getting dead trying to get them back though.
    Truly though, it's been a long time since any MMO has had a real PvP system.​​
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    joecisco wrote: »
    Not really. You just need to carry scrolls/dolls.
    The PvP system is PWI is already pretty carebear as it is. Most games with a real PvP system, you not only can lose multiple items, but skill/attribute points as well. Usually with those you have a set period of time where no one can pick your items, and you are the only one able to retrieve them. It won't stop you from getting dead trying to get them back though.
    Truly though, it's been a long time since any MMO has had a real PvP system.​​

Chinese MMO's like Lineage 1, Redmoon, and to a certain extent PWI (in the early days) are the only real viable world pvp mmos, tbh. US players simply don't tolerate world PvP.

This discussion has been closed.