Dawn Glory Merger Promise Yet to be Fullfilled

13»

Comments

• geewiz#7541
    geewiz#7541 Posts: 6 Arc User
    move Harshland server to Etherblade server hehe ;D
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Personally..I dont do any event anymore..mostly due to not enough time but also cause I realized that compared to the other means I have to get coins ingame..those events are just a big waste of time.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I know we probably won't get it back because of abuse from darn commanders but please Cross Server Nation war. Cross server Territory war is a joke imo its the worst thing since they made Resource War full pve like seriously its completely based on luck more than challenge if you get a wined or a goodfight. Atleast Cross server NW though yea people complained about times @thenamesdomino or at the bareminimum give us one day of each twice a day for time purposes. Give endgame/competative people something to do rather than wait at silverpool for 2-3 days for a real challenge
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    i know a lot competitive people that they are not in pk mode
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    stopping people from doing the events many times is a really really simple fix: at the bh hunter or new npc, you can pick up a specified item each day. This item you will get 1 of and will allow you to access the event. Simple and done. Doing this the players can choose which time suites them best, and the devs must simply just copy and paste their code for the events with 2ndary time stamps or whatever.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    stopping people from doing the events many times is a really really simple fix: at the bh hunter or new npc, you can pick up a specified item each day. This item you will get 1 of and will allow you to access the event. Simple and done. Doing this the players can choose which time suites them best, and the devs must simply just copy and paste their code for the events with 2ndary time stamps or whatever.

Lol.
    >Tiger event
    >1 person

>Abomination event
    >1 person

>Nation wars
    >1 person

>Tournament
    >1 person insta win

ayyyy lmao simple fix ftw.
    No.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    If I did not personally know people who stopped playing due to the merger, I would go with my gut feeling that someone here makes too much noise.

Trying to conduct a whole line of argumentation on the vague concept of fairness (they promised they would try) is naïve at best (if not hypocritical). Especially coming from people who do their best to always have more gear or more people in a "fair" fight. Or who constantly pick on people with weaker stats or less knowledge about the pvp mechanics. And who then bash said people on faction voice/chat and also have the lack of intelligence to not record themselves while doing it.

Define fair. Fair towards some consumers or all consumers as a whole? Or fair towards the service provider? Can you ask someone to be fair to you when you are not fair to them/him/her? Can the concept of fairness be split from that of common sense and/or logic?

If EU players have the edge now it is because they produce more value for PWI, either through direct pays or sheer numbers inside the community. This will most likely not change, so it would be wise to take that into consideration when asking for "fair" treatment.

My feeling is that you picked a very bad time to ask for stuff. They are obviously working on some important updates, so pushing too much on other things will probably only get you some other vague promises of things that might happen. But hey, if that is what you are after, that is what you will get.

Not to say that I disagree with the concept of better accommodating NA players. Its just that picking a good time for a fight is a major factor which influences success.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • beast21g

what about if a person wants to do mixed quest cause of lack of time? :dizzy:
    Dont go s far it's simply be like FSP reward one time. Do as many you want you dont get any other prizes
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @magiceffect not to side with synth but im sorry did you say important updates? Please dont encourage Wamei however you spell it pathetic excuse at pokemon xD. No that nonesense can get pushed back lol atleast i hope it does enough tedious dailies and hell keep adding dailies and you lose more people and encourage less to return. If it took a week or two to catch up in dailies fine hell a month is fine but sometimes it can take up to 2-3 months if you do EVERYTHING not many people who played in the past are down for that qq. Fact is I really feel double the amount of events will make things viable
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

This is the dumbest thing I have read on these forums.
    NGTUy53.png

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Unfortunately mintsummer is no longer with us, but I will follow up on this and see if there's anything that I can do about it.

Where is our BYE @mintsummer. Shame to see another face gone.
    The date for the starlight crystals was given to me the moment that I updated that thread, it's only about a week away. As far as the server times changing, I can tell you now that this will probably take some patching and testing on our part to accomplish. I meet with the other stakeholders today and I will bring this up. Had I known about this I could have begun fighting for this sooner.

Intresting news.

If I can help let me know.​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    People who get into r9rrr should automatically go into Pk mode because seeing a person decked out in godlike gear and blue named looks to be a waste of cash.

I agree.

As for this thread, lmao. No, do not do two different event times. People like me would just abuse the hell out of it. We can also give up server transfers since that's not like to happen at this point.​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Oh look the last comments are full of the mentality: ,,you should not get r9rrr if you not pk.,, The mentality: ,,everyone must play the way I play cause only the way I play its the good way and everything else sucks,,. **** off with that.
    Have you ever thought that the people that stay blue name even if they have godlike gear have obtain that gear for TW or NW and they do not want to be involved in open world pvp. Its their choice to do that.
    Why do you people care if that person wasted his cash? His/her cash, not yours. Certanly he/she does not think its a waste of cash.
    A player should get whatever gear he want regardless if he/she pvp or not.
    If someone want to spend all the money or time to farm on r9rrr gear with Super Powerful War Avatar Cards and just log in, go at any starter area and 1 shot aoe mobs there and after 5 minutes log out has all the right to do so. Not your money or time so stop giving a ****.
    It should not matter to anyone why other player gets end game gear for.
    giphy.gif

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    wil never understand why they didnt merge the two pvp servers ino one,instead made everone pve nothing worse go too known pvp area and see green dots get out there and several high geared and refined blue names afk.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Just to add on the r9 conversation: If I ever manage to get r9,r9rrr, I won't do it for pvp purposes, I'll do it to feel like I can access everything in the game, dungeons, e.t.c. I know r9 isn't absolutely necessairy for that, but I've seen in world chat people asking for r9 weapons in squads. I don't want to be excluded from content if I can. Also I want to be as much helpful as I can to my squad, faction, friends and everyone that I could help. I'm not interested at all in pvp, so to me, r9 and pvp are 2 different things. I think r9 is necessairy (probably?) for endgame pvp-oriented players, but having r9 doesn't mean that one is interested in pvp.

Maybe others are/think like me.
  • beast21g
    then you can make only weapon r9rr
    problem solved :)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    wil never understand why they didnt merge the two pvp servers ino one,instead made everone pve nothing worse go too known pvp area and see green dots get out there and several high geared and refined blue names afk.
    Because even then, the dwindling population would be too small to support operating the server farm. It may have also had something to do with how the name databases were organized, but I doubt that.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    Because even then, the dwindling population would be too small to support operating the server farm. It may have also had something to do with how the name databases were organized, but I doubt that.​​

so your saying the two pvp servers had least amount of players and merging the two of them wouldnt been enough to support server "farm" ...........maybe just me but that seems little out there
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Not really. HL was pretty much dead before the merge.​​
  • beast21g
    edited June 2016
    what about at HL where a big number of EU players?
    If not the reason flip a coin should b always a solution ;)

Although we will never know why that happened. Enjoy the game
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino Hey how'd that meeting go? Are there any updates on this situation? ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Just checking in again @thenamesdomino is there any update?​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Well this is just a assumption, but its possible because none of our servers can probably handle optional transfer. If a large amount of NA players on DA sever migrated to more friendly NA times there is a fair possibility some EU people from DA could migrate out aswell into servers where they see more activity PVP/UP ect, which could lead to the force merge of all servers to make things simple of which we all know is the end for this game. But thats just what I think would happen. Believe it or not but theres some old morai people who want the severs as pvp because they too enjoy it they only started on a pve server because it worked with their time. Im guessing GMs feel this is a possibility therefore they do not offer the function. The reason china has it is because China has a MASSIVE community unlike ours the game actually progresses well and maybe has more active gms idk.

yeah the issue is certainly not technical and more logistical. they can do transfers and they proved by merging servers and doing x-server activities (x-nw we all know transferred everyone to DA server).
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Well this is just a assumption, but its possible because none of our servers can probably handle optional transfer. If a large amount of NA players on DA sever migrated to more friendly NA times there is a fair possibility some EU people from DA could migrate out aswell into servers where they see more activity PVP/UP ect, which could lead to the force merge of all servers to make things simple of which we all know is the end for this game. But thats just what I think would happen. Believe it or not but theres some old morai people who want the severs as pvp because they too enjoy it they only started on a pve server because it worked with their time. Im guessing GMs feel this is a possibility therefore they do not offer the function. The reason china has it is because China has a MASSIVE community unlike ours the game actually progresses well and maybe has more active gms idk.

yeah the issue is certainly not technical and more logistical. they can do transfers and they proved by merging servers and doing x-server activities (x-nw we all know transferred everyone to DA server).

Cross server nation wars was not on DA server, it was on the old east coast server Raging Tides.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.