My charecters from long ago are on the wrong server

neos1300
neos1300 Posts: 10 Arc User
any way to move them to the correct server?

Comments

• neos1300
    anyone??
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    There was a server merge August of 2015, all the server names were changed
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important:-upcoming-server-merges

If you last logged in before then, that's why it seems your characters are on the wrong server and as far as I know, there is no way to transfer characters to a different server either.
  • neos1300
    so I have no choice but to start over??
  • rosuvulpe#4101
    rosuvulpe#4101 Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @neos1300 said:
    > so I have no choice but to start over??

read the post that was linked. the server you were on was merged with another server. your characters should still be there on the new server
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    There's a chart on that page that shows what servers got merged and what the new name is. Also note that depending on the server you were on, if anyone on the other server merged with yours had the same name, a prefix or suffix containing an abbreviation for the original server will have been added to your characters name. That information should be on that page too. Now if you haven't been on in an extremely long time, like say a few years atleast, and your characters aren't showing on any servers, you might have to contact support to try and get them restored.
  • neos1300
    I want to play on the correct server which would currently be US East for me but my players from a long time are on a different server is what im saying
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Since everyone has already said it several times but you keep asking the same question, I'll keep it short and simple.

No you can't transfer them.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    elyora2 wrote: »
    Since everyone has already said it several times but you keep asking the same question, I'll keep it short and simple.

No you can't transfer them.

Yeah... like 4 times he was told the same.

There were 3 east servers, if your characters are not in Tideswell which is currently the ONLY east server then they are in EU and you were part of Harshlands which is now called Dawnglory after the merge.
    No, you can't transfer them, either play on the EU server or start over. End of story.

Mr. Justice
  • neos1300
    thank you.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    neos1300 wrote: »
    I want to play on the correct server which would currently be US East for me but my players from a long time are on a different server is what im saying
    If all your friends were on the same server you were on, they still are.

Your "players from a long time" would have been on the same server you were on, which would have been Harshlands.
    Since Harshalnds got merged into the EU server, all your friends got moved just the same as your accounts did.

If you cannot find them, it's most likely because they either stopped playing, or started over on a server closer to their physical location.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • neos1300
    I said players to avoid spelling mistakes but I meant characters
  • neos1300
    sorry for any earlier confusion and sorry for the multi posts