Kitty's Barbiebowl - Demons and sages put to test

kittyempressa
kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
So, Kitty's heard lots of people saying sage barbs have better damage and they're better for PVE. Kitty happens to have leveled various barb builds to 100 and today she finally put them to a test. She solo'd TT1-2 Dimentora with as equal gears, builds and stuff as possible (same builds had max. 30-40 stat difference).
No skilldamage passive, but since all these barbs were skillspamming through the vids, it would have just boosted all their damages by that 20% so no difference caused by that. Primal Beastial Onslaught would have made especially demons a bit more powerful, though.

So, sage vit. vs demon vit. vs sage str. vs demon str. barb at killing a boss ASAP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KRhMV1MO8

This video should pretty much show what are the power differences between them.
​​
4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Nice test, I would like to see those barbs against a more exigent boss, like General Wurlord in HH 2-2 just to see the diference in the survavility between does builds. But is a good test.

I would expect more diference between the damage that a pure str demon barb does against the sage barbs, but is true that is a best build in that aspect, but still I think that the hybrid sage barb is the best build for pve for 2 reasons.

1-Pure vit barbs made low damage two the bosses, think that is a big problem to hold the agro if you are in squad whit good dds whit this build. That is the reason to not choose a pure vit in a barb that I make for tank and I prefer an hybrid build.

2- Pure str barb I think are better for pvp becose of the damage Im not sure if a pure str can survive against an exigent boss, especially bosses whit magic atacks becose of their low hp an defense.

I have an hybrid barb and didnt test other builds but I tell you what I think, you álready try does build so would like to know your point of view in this aspects that I think are more importants for a barb in pve than the damage.

Thank you for your work in those tests, is a good video :)
    Post edited by thenamesdomino on
  • kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Honestly anyone who actually thinks Sage barbs damage in PvE and PvP is superior to demon literally has no clue what they are talking about. Only thing Sage wins in is overall tankyness, and honestly unless that's what you're aiming for there isn't much reason to choose sage over demon if we are talking damage.

Honestly if you're planning on playing a Sage STR barb anyway you're just missing out on crucial skills for DPS in PvE and PvP for nothing more but a negligible increase in defense.
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    some things i noticed.. just skimming through the video.. your str barb didnt have poison fang buffed, so lost a lot of damage potential and could've killed the boss even faster. Also didn't look like you were utilizing bestial rage for the chi gain. understandable if youre just macroing, but the chi gains on bestial rage can largely effect overall damage. Demon version is more chi per hit taken during its duration, whereas the sage version is longer lasting. Not sure about the latest sage bestial rage chi gain, but the newest demon bestial rage is a 20 chi gain per hit taken. Without skill damage passives or mystic/db buffs - you're probably gonna be doing better DPS with a demon spark using auto attacks and a polehammer/poleaxe vs skill spam on dual axes. Just my two cents.. but yeah that demon bestial onslaught is a lovely free version of powerdash that can be used every 8 seconds.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Nice test, I would like to see those barbs against a more exigent boss, like General Wurlord in HH 2-2 just to see the diference in the survavility between does builds. But is a good test.

I would expect more diference between the damage that a pure str demon barb does against the sage barbs, but is true that is a best build in that aspect, but still I think that the hybrid sage barb is the best build for pve for 2 reasons.

1-Pure vit barbs made low damage two the bosses, think that is a big problem to hold the agro if you are in squad whit good dds whit this build. That is the reason to not choose a pure vit in a barb that I make for tank and I prefer an hybrid build.

2- Pure str barb I think are better for pvp becose of the damage Im not sure if a pure str can survive against an exigent boss, especially bosses whit magic atacks becose of their low hp an defense.

I have an hybrid barb and didnt test other builds but I tell you what I think, you álready try does build so would like to know your point of view in this aspects that I think are more importants for a barb in pve than the damage.

Thank you for your work in those tests, is a good video :)

In regards to pure vit barbs not holding aggro, most barbs I have seen cannot, due to not knowing their skills. My barb is pure vit and sage and I do better than most barbs because I fight for aggro, too many barbs are lazy, not all. Devour, then Flesh Ream then Stomp Of The King has a high chance to rip aggro off the OP DDs. My pure vit barb does well in holding aggro, because I know how to use skills. Look, when new barbs ask me what they should be I ask are you gonna be mainly PvP or PvE based. Demon barbs have a tendency to hit harder and sage barbs have more HP and def. Both can PvP and PvE and tank effectively. Demon barbs tend to have more aggro skills. Main thing is look at the skills and see what you like.
  • bloodangel86#7908
    bloodangel86#7908 Posts: 1 Arc User
    mine question on this is do sage armageddon do full damage as lvl 10 version or dose the lower drain also lower damage?