Tiger Event and the missing Celestial Shards

Options
dejiavu
dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
Ok I have noticed for a couple months now that the tiger event is no longer giving out the Celestial Shards (the blue ones) . Those are the ones I actually use. The Celestial Insignias , which I have no use for, are still being rewarded. Of course many items still being offered still require the Celestial Shards so what is up with them? Just another little nice thing removed from this game?

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No, there are different tiers on the Tigers event, the Celestial Shards are the lowest tier ones.
    Celestial Insignias are the normal ones.

You should be happy, this means you're getting better at tigers.

BTW, here it is:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21845 - Iron chest, which contains a chance for them.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21844
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21843
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21842 - All these 3 contain the chance for insignias (they are better that the iron ones)

They are awarded depending on the position you get on your class classification board.

Mr. Justice
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The thing with the blue ones, there are lots of nifty things you can create far quicker than with the normal insignias. 3 vs 10 ratio in the reward chests. I got my tiger mount from the blue shards. Later on i discovered people were willing to pay up to 30m for it onion-4.gif.

Also the level 30 weapon ticket is a blue shard item only that allows to make a tradeable weapon that can be sold for money.​​
  • dejiavu
    Options
    Thanks but lately I have trying to be NOT in the top ten aka trying to be bad and still not getting them. I have been getting the bronze chest which they normally are in but alas nada. If people are still getting them I guess I will have to be worse.
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    I don't remember whether the range was 10th-15th place or 10th - 20th, but I used to do the same thing as OP just to make tidal wafers many years ago before the crazy buff pots came out. The only thing I can think of that's changed is the min contribution requirement from 2k to 4k, can't really imagine how that would be causing this issue. I think it's safe to say if you're getting 10th-15th place and no blue shards, there's an issue to be resolved
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    I have tried getting blue shards for wafers by only getting 4k contri but if your class doesn't have more than 10 people doing event u WILL get bronze or silver even if u got 4k, u need lets says 11 of your class doing tigers and u must be 11th with more than 4k so kinda hard to rig yourself to lose xD gl i tried 5 times and gave up
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • dejiavu
    Options
    I used to get them all the time and since the mob have always been 1 shot, me being stronger would not make a difference. I am still thinking they found out we like those tidal wafers and now will hold out to make us pay for them. After all they have taken everything else away from us. Last night I was 3 minutes late, I am physical so I went to magic area and the food delivery guy rang the doorbell right in the middle of it and I end up with a bronze chest and still didnt get any.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    dejiavu wrote: »
    I used to get them all the time and since the mob have always been 1 shot, me being stronger would not make a difference. I am still thinking they found out we like those tidal wafers and now will hold out to make us pay for them. After all they have taken everything else away from us. Last night I was 3 minutes late, I am physical so I went to magic area and the food delivery guy rang the doorbell right in the middle of it and I end up with a bronze chest and still didnt get any.

Take a screenshot of the ranks. Like someone already explained, if let's say 3-10 get bronze chests and 11-20 get iron, but there's only 9 people of your class doing the event, you will never be able to finish on the 11-20 bracket.

Mr. Justice
  • dejiavu
    Options
    I am happy to report that my friend on 07/05/16 shot to just over 4,000 points and sat down for the duration of the tiger event. He got the Iron chest and in it were 50 Celestial Shards.