Discuss "announced" psy skill updates

magiceffect
magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Psychic
Hey,

Let's discuss here the usefulness of the "announced" psy skills. Far from the noise of original thread..

Peace!
Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
Post edited by magiceffect on

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    This thread has the information you seek if it is known...
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203630/new-skills-in-the-next-expansion​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • magiceffect
    edited January 2016
    This is the list that I managed to find thanks to @sylenthunter.
    I'll make sure to update it as news arrive.

Psychic~

Disturb Soul

Range  28.5  meters
    Channel 1.6  seconds
    Cast 1.2  seconds
    Cooldown 30.0  seconds

Unbalance the target's soul with psionic waves,
    deals base matk plus 220% weapon damage plus 9736 as water damage and
    increases their channeling time by 80% for 12 seconds.

Costs 30 Chi.
    Sage+demon versions same as they are now.

RED TIDE

Range  28.5  meters
    Channel 1.8  seconds
    Cast 1.2  seconds
    Cooldown 30.0  seconds

Conjure a wave of blood to wash over all enemies
    within 8 meters. Deals base magic damage plus 230%
    of weapon damage plus 9538 as Water damage. Has an
    80% chance to cause enemies to bleed, dealing
    damage equal to your Soulforce over 9 seconds.

Costs 1 spark
    Sage version has 50% chance to not consume chi. Demon version same as it is now.

Tradewinds

Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 90.0  seconds
    Chi Gained 10

Call upon the swift winds of the open
    sea to hasten an ally, increasing your
    target's movement/flying/swimming speed by 60% for 15 seconds.

Creation Soul Festival True Tactic

Channel time 1s
    Cast time 1s
    300s cooldown

Reduce soulforce by 100% for 30sec in exchange for matk for 8sec?​​
    Post edited by magiceffect on
  • magiceffect
    These are differences each gives. Provided http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Psychic_Skill_List is right, since I am not currently using the client.

1. Disturb Soul:

1.1 extra damage:base magic damage plus 230%, of weapon damage plus 9538 as Water damage.
    1.2 less base timer: from 12, down to 9.

I find that the 3 less base seconds (if true) is a major setback in 1v1 fights. Yes the damage is nice, but it makes the secondary effect no longer guaranteed, which is a major drawback in 1v1.
    To me, this is not really a skill to go for, in the first place? Am I wrong here?

2. Red Tide:
    2.1 Extra damage: 30% more weapon damage, 3243 more water damage.
    2.2 Lower cost: 1 less spark guaranteed.

I like this change, it will make me use it more (even though the side effect is really to be ignorred!).

3. Tradewinds:
    3.1 Extends bonus to movement on any "terrain".

The kind of situation where you are forced to say Yey just because its a clear improvement, although it is not really all that useful.

I find it that some of the times, the current skill does not even work. I may be wrong, just a feeling though...

4. Creation Soul Festival True Tactic
    4.1 Cost? Not mentioned.

There are some concerns related to how/if losing all your soulforce affects your SoS during the time this skill is at work.
    I admit to not being certain of the idea some people threw around that SoS works based on the soulforce one has at cast time, although it kind of makes sense. I heard others saying that when disarmed, our SoS procs less.

I imagine that the only sure way to not lose survivablity is to treat this cautiously:
    psy will (to get the added benefits of max soulforce), SoR/SoS, then this skill. And ofc pots just in case.

Even if soulfroce drop is lethal for that period of time, it is still amazing.

At this point it is not sure if the gains last only 8 seconds or 30. I imagine its the first, since getting all this boost for 30 seconds seems silly :) lets face it.
  • iky90
    iky90 Posts: 19 Arc User

This is the list that I managed to find thanks to @sylenthunter.
    I'll make sure to update it as news arrive.

Psychic~

Disturb Soul

Range  28.5  meters
    Channel 1.6  seconds
    Cast 1.2  seconds
    Cooldown 30.0  seconds

Unbalance the target's soul with psionic waves,
    deals base matk plus 220% weapon damage plus 9736 as water damage and
    increases their channeling time by 80% for 12 seconds.

Costs 30 Chi.
    Sage+demon versions same as they are now.

RED TIDE

Range  28.5  meters
    Channel 1.8  seconds
    Cast 1.2  seconds
    Cooldown 30.0  seconds

Conjure a wave of blood to wash over all enemies
    within 8 meters. Deals base magic damage plus 230%
    of weapon damage plus 9538 as Water damage. Has an
    80% chance to cause enemies to bleed, dealing
    damage equal to your Soulforce over 9 seconds.

Costs 1 spark
    Sage version has 50% chance to not consume chi. Demon version same as it is now.

Tradewinds

Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 90.0  seconds
    Chi Gained 10

Call upon the swift winds of the open
    sea to hasten an ally, increasing your
    target's movement/flying/swimming speed by 60% for 15 seconds.

Creation Soul Festival True Tactic

Channel time 1s
    Cast time 1s
    300s cooldown

Reduce soulforce by 100% for 30sec in exchange for matk for 8sec?​​
    1. Disturb Soul - this is one of my favourite new skills! ... I love the damage add on - it's not too shabby either + channeling = AWESOME! ... Though, I should stress out that I'm purely PVE player, so ya know ... you might have a point there, from PVP perspective, but personally, I'm getting this one for sure! :smiley:

2. Red Tide - it's a clear, pure improvement, love it as well.

3. Tradewinds - I often use this skill when flying around, as well as the Red Tide, it's a clear improvement!

4. Creation Soul Festival True Tactic - I'm not sure about this one, but I'm guessing since it's our "ultimate" it will be worth it ;3
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
  • mentalista70
    mentalista70 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2016

These are differences each gives. Provided http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Psychic_Skill_List is right, since I am not currently using the client.

1. Disturb Soul:

1.1 extra damage:base magic damage plus 230%, of weapon damage plus 9538 as Water damage.
    1.2 less base timer: from 12, down to 9.

I find that the 3 less base seconds (if true) is a major setback in 1v1 fights. Yes the damage is nice, but it makes the secondary effect no longer guaranteed, which is a major drawback in 1v1.
    To me, this is not really a skill to go for, in the first place? Am I wrong here?

2. Red Tide:
    2.1 Extra damage: 30% more weapon damage, 3243 more water damage.
    2.2 Lower cost: 1 less spark guaranteed.

I like this change, it will make me use it more (even though the side effect is really to be ignorred!).

3. Tradewinds:
    3.1 Extends bonus to movement on any "terrain".

The kind of situation where you are forced to say Yey just because its a clear improvement, although it is not really all that useful.

I find it that some of the times, the current skill does not even work. I may be wrong, just a feeling though...

4. Creation Soul Festival True Tactic
    4.1 Cost? Not mentioned.

There are some concerns related to how/if losing all your soulforce affects your SoS during the time this skill is at work.
    I admit to not being certain of the idea some people threw around that SoS works based on the soulforce one has at cast time, although it kind of makes sense. I heard others saying that when disarmed, our SoS procs less.

I imagine that the only sure way to not lose survivablity is to treat this cautiously:
    psy will (to get the added benefits of max soulforce), SoR/SoS, then this skill. And ofc pots just in case.

Even if soulfroce drop is lethal for that period of time, it is still amazing.

At this point it is not sure if the gains last only 8 seconds or 30. I imagine its the first, since getting all this boost for 30 seconds seems silly :) lets face it.

1- Disturb Soul: Well u kinda confused here, the slow chan effect will remain the same, 12+3 secs to sage, 12 sec + higher debuff to demon, the only thing that makes me mad is that cooldown of 30 secs, i really prefer the old way of Disturb Soul that u can keep the enemy on slow chan all the time since the cd is 12 secs.

2- Red Tide: OP now we have a 8 meters AoE water damage to spam on mass PK and will be on my shortcut bar for sure.

3- Tradewinds, theres no secret here man, it will increase your speed on water, land and air, no secret here.

4- Festival: Idk, i feel like using that skill when under psychic will or some protection since if soulforce goes 0 your silence, stun, reta and reflect wont proc.
  • magiceffect

1- Disturb Soul: Well u kinda confused here, the slow chan effect will remain the same, 12+3 secs to sage, 12 sec + higher debuff to demon, the only thing that makes me mad is that cooldown of 30 secs, i really prefer the old way of Disturb Soul that u can keep the enemy on slow chan all the time since the cd is 12 secs.

2- Red Tide: OP now we have a 8 meters AoE water damage to spam on mass PK and will be on my shortcut bar for sure.

3- Tradewinds, theres no secret here man, it will increase your speed on water, land and air, no secret here.

4- Festival: Idk, i feel like using that skill when under psychic will or some protection since if soulforce goes 0 your silence, stun, reta and reflect wont proc.

On Disturb soul, even if the cooldown would be kept the same, I am still worried that with the skill becoming a damage one, it might trigger purify on mages and negate the slow chan effect. Wiht what I understand now about the skill, I will not be using it.

Red Tide and Tradewinds are clear upgrades, I just presented them for people who might not be aware of the skill upgrades.

On festival, I am really wonderring if soulforce going to 0 actually affects proc rate of SS. Might not. And I will test it this evening ro tmorrow evening, when I have time to play. Ppl say that the proc rate is constant during lifetime of the skill, and computed when the skill is cast.
  • mentalista70
    mentalista70 Posts: 2 Arc User

On Disturb soul, even if the cooldown would be kept the same, I am still worried that with the skill becoming a damage one, it might trigger purify on mages and negate the slow chan effect. Wiht what I understand now about the skill, I will not be using it.

Red Tide and Tradewinds are clear upgrades, I just presented them for people who might not be aware of the skill upgrades.

On festival, I am really wonderring if soulforce going to 0 actually affects proc rate of SS. Might not. And I will test it this evening ro tmorrow evening, when I have time to play. Ppl say that the proc rate is constant during lifetime of the skill, and computed when the skill is cast.
    1 - Well idk what u mean by trigger purify on mage, if u talking about the arcane defense, it only procs with meele atk, so no problem here, but psychic with retaliation will be able to reflect disturb soul now t.t

• magiceffect
    Purify spell on mages.
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    The cooldown on Disturb Soul has always been stated on the description as 30 seconds when in reality it's 15 seconds, so not something to bother about most likely. The likelihood of purify proc clearing the chan debuff is only marginally higher than it already is, unless you are talking about 1v1s where you have the choice of not dding after applying the debuff.

The skill updates are meh, as usual for psys, but they could have been worse. I would have preferred some phys damage on red tide maybe.

I can confirm that if you cast a soul skill BEFORE reducing your soulforce, the proc rate is calculated on the soulforce at cast time. It's really easy to test by using SoSt with soulforce sufficient for a 11 sec stun and then removing all gear which would bring you down to ~3 sec stun or something. The result is still 11 sec stun. Even at 8 sec of our new ulti, our mag atk should be super high. I also expect it to stack with at least Tide Spirit, even if not triple spark. With Tide Spirit pushing my crit over 50%, it'll be nasty burst potential that we are in need of.
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Unfortunately for the new psy skill, it WILL take away your seal rate! Regardless of casting Soul of Silence before the debuff or not, the debuff makes you unable to seal, even with Sandball Clash. This is not because of the 0% soul force reduction, the seal rate of SoS is calculated at the casting time and is not affected by any change in soul force after it as been casted. As explained above, if you cast it at full sf, and take your gear off, it still takes the full sf rate. However, the debuff of the new skill makes the user unable to seal at all, whether it is Soul of Silence, or Sandball Clash, neither of the skills seal. I've tested this out myself several times, and (unless I am super unlucky) Clash did not seal with the debuff on.
    I can also confirm that the skill does stack with triple spark and Tidespirit, which is super OP, it pushed my damage to the 170k.
    I still think the skill is super nice and one of the best ultimates, regardless of being unable to seal. If you know the class well, you shouldn't brainlessly rely on your Soul of Silence anyways. Any psy saying the skill is garbage because the seal rate goes to 0, maybe take a look at yourself and consider playing another class lol.​​
  • magiceffect
    edited April 2016
    When you say debuff, do you get a special icon for it? I assume you also tried to purify yourself?
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    two separate icons, one for the sf -> matk conversion and another for the reduction of sf. The first one wears off after 8/16 secs and the other lasts 30 secs, for which time you are unable to seal
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    "Reduce soulforce by 100% for 30sec in exchange for matk for 8sec"

So psy will be unable to seal for 30sec after casting this skill, either use def/mdef apoth that gives 600% buffs for 20 secs or immune apoth for 12 secs and reduce being vulnerable for 10 secs or 18 secs.

Can psy be stunned or slept or sog'ed or paralyzed after using this skill ? 30 secs being vulnerable, during which for 8 secs will make psy's damage OP, but if being stunned/slept or sog'ed or paralyzed, then it's a curse.
  • magiceffect
    edited May 2016
    Its really not if u consider that the skill is only useful in mass pvp. And you prolly do not know that v2 of the skill increases your mag attk for 16 seconds, which makes it deadly. V1, not really worth the effort.

In 1v1 it is indeed deadly for the psy, especially since the damage can be avoided in so many ways.
    It will clearly require you to consume the target's damage mitigation either from genie and self buffs, and even in that case you are left with few options to immobilize it somehow.

But in mass pvp, its a clear win. The extra damage is ridiculous when u combo it right: spark, tidespirit + ulti me thinks.
  • jhktwentythree
    jhktwentythree Posts: 18 Arc User
    Anyone can tell me if the soulforce reduction effect can be purified?
  • magiceffect
    Not purifiable afaik.