Veno returning after a long time away - Questions

orio
orio Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Venomancer
Hello! It's been I'd guess... 3 years since I've played. My friend and I are starting from scratch to discover all the new changes to the game.

I got to level 20, teleported from the new area to the Perfect World that I know and flew straight over to Bamboo Village to tame myself a Petite Sawfly.

You should have seen my face when I discovered they are now level 86!

I also tamed a cool looking parrot monster in the new starting area. It was level 17 when I caught it but when I hatch the egg, it's only level 3!

I've taken a look at some of the guides listed in this forum but I haven't seen anything referring to these new changes. So can I kindly ask:

o Do all monster drop to a lower level when tamed?
o What is a suitable alternative to Petite Sawfly until I can tame my own?
o Is there any other information you can share with me that would be useful for a returning Veno?

I love this class so much but all of a sudden I feel so lost and confused! Any help appreciated!

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    1. No idea. I wouldn't think so? The parrot probably only does it to help out new players.
    2. Parrot should be fine. There's also the flying foxes and the cloudskate though.
    3. There are two new legendary pets. Monkey King for pvp and Harpy for pve.​​
  • orio
    chary said:

1. No idea. I wouldn't think so? The parrot probably only does it to help out new players.

Hm, but since it dropped from level 17 to level 3 it meant I had no pet of my own level. I didn't use the monkey as we were one-hitting most mobs and my plan from the start was to replace it with the Sawfly.

Although I vaguely remember that pets trained from a low level generally turn out better than those already caught at a high level. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

The Parrot still requires the Veno to be level 17 to hatch it (or so the egg says) but the pet itself is level 3. Or this is how I interpret it.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    1. They don't as far as I know. Like @chary said the parrot is most likely an exception. Before the Celestial Vale addition, Venomancers' first pet was at level 3.

2. Parrot is good enough. You can even just tame any at-level flying pet for whenever you need to do air quests. The same applies to underwater quests. Your priority should be getting a good land tank pet (Glacial Walker is the most popular choice) and a decent damage dealing pet (Dark Wanderer is the most popular choice) that will also double as a luring pet. Though, I guess you can just tame whatever you want and worry about getting a good damage dealing pet later, when you'll have spare money to level up its skills and all that.

Tame air/water pets at-level for whenever you need to the quests. Unless you really like some of them (the parrot is cute!) and want to keep it for later. Keep in mind that you'll probably want to stick to pets that can evolve at level 100 though. More about it here in chapter 8. You will find a list with the pets that can evolve.

3. I think you should just enjoy the game and take your time. Then whenever you see something you don't understand or have questions, feel free to visit these forums and ask.
    ​​
  • orio
    1- Oh that's so good to know! Trust me to catch the one monster that drops in level and then have a panic about it. Hehehe.

2- Yep I think I'll just keep the parrot for now then. It's really cute. If it's going to be good enough then I might as well. Although I'll need to find some hay/grass/whatever it was called to increase my pet slots first!

3- Yes, a very good idea! I'm liking that even the normal open world has changes to it. My friend and I are rediscovering the game all over again and it feels great as opposed to playing through what we already done a thousand times!

Thanks for the help!
  • orio
    edited April 2016
    Hm, I have another question if anyone is available to answer...

I'm wondering about the legendary pets. I can't find anyone on Europe server selling Source of Force, Phoenix Feather, Herc Ticket or Nix ticket. I haven't seen any items for Monkey King or Harpie either.

Is this down to the recent packs that have been in the cash shop? Do I just need to wait it out for a pack containing nix and herc tickets to appear again to buy one with in-game coin? Someone said they usually sell for around 80-90m so that's my current goal to save (man I love these red envelopes from housing!).
    Post edited by orio on
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    orio said:

Hm, I have another question if anyone is available to answer...

I'm wondering about the legendary pets. I can't find anyone on Europe server selling Source of Force, Phoenix Feather, Herc Ticket or Nix ticket. I haven't seen any items for Monkey King or Harpie either.

Is this down to the recent packs that have been in the cash shop? Do I just need to wait it out for a pack containing nix and herc tickets to appear again to buy one with in-game coin? Someone said they usually sell for around 80-90m so that's my current goal to save (man I love these red envelopes from housing!).

You are very right, most wait for a sale on those packs and buy the pet tickets for a cheaper price than it would be with the 9999 items. Harpies, monkeys, corgies or battlebots don't have them, though, so if you want one of the four and not a nix/herc, wait for a sale on their items in the boutique.
    DeffyNature