Need help

demonsouls#1197
demonsouls#1197 Posts: 30 Arc User
What build should i go for being a Venomancer? Should i go pure magic (9 magic, 1Str) or Hybrid (6-8Magic, 2-3 Vit, 1Str) every 2 levels Or light/heavy Venomancer. What skills should i aim for as i progress based on the build. Also what should i know about perfect world, since i was playing i felt lost when it came to doing things towards 50.

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I suggest reading this thread: Build help. A person was asking questions about Venomancer builds, and I think the thread should be more than enough to help you decide what you want.

Likewise, you can read this thread: Veno Skill Build to figure out what skills you need to level. Disregard my comment about Nation Wars, however. It is no longer available for level 60+ players.

As for the rest, what exactly do you need help with? Are you confused about quests, your gear progress, your pets?

​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    At this point in the game, there's not much reason to do HA/LA veno unless it's gear stashed from mains.​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    edited December 2015
    im more confused about gear progress and quest. like i had royal armor and a friend took me threw qsm and i couldn't finish the set since the other part i need was from frost covered grounds and i didnt know when i was going to get there since my friend said lvl 49 cultivation but i never got a quest to head there. Pets i know which one i go after first is glacial walker and replace icicle with bash/flesh ream but other pets idk about.

I looked into the link you posted and i think i would go vit/magic cause im still learning a lot and dont have much funds cause lvl 1 lol. Also you said 1str,1vit,6mag and 2 into vit or magic just making sure im correct. Another thing i fall short of is blacksmiths and gearing and refining equipment cause i dont know what to keep. I plan on using Sword for awhile for main weapon then switch to pataka
  • demonsouls#1197
    i know you already seen this http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Arcane_Venomancer's_Guide_to_Skills but i been following it since i started the game. The other quest that bugs me even tho im not even close is sage or demon
  • astralwalk
    astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
    sage or demon quest is a main quest line so it will be pretty self explanitory when you get there. Basically you have to pick a spiritual cultivation, Sage or Demon, and your choice will allow you to upgrade most skills when you aquire the appropriate skillbooks and your level is high enough. For veno's either path offers equally unique and powerful benefits so choose based on your playstyle and what you would like to do.

As for pets, you already got your tank which will help you for questing up to 100, but you will want to aquire a "Kowlin" for pulling bosses or mobs to fight them one at a time. He can also evolve into the awesome and speedy Drizzy!

TBH you don't really need an air or water pet as there are only a handful of quests sending you to battle in those realms. There are couple quests bosses in the water so maybe you want to pick up a water pet afterall for questing. And eventually in primal world there is a whole new water world so i guess a water pet is more relevent now that i think about xD
    although any legendary(cash shop) pet that is evolved can fight in all terrain.
    So for water pets any of the Turtle types will grow to be good enough tanks for quest purposes, and the Celestial Plumpfish can be tamed at i think 80 something and he is kinda tanky and can evolve also.
    Air pets if you really want one are Windwalking piggy (rare spawn) and the Bee whose name i forgot but its level is in the 80's and its around plume area somewhere you find lots of them.
    Veno is love. Veno is life.
  • demonsouls#1197
    Since i transferred stuff over i have tree frog,celestial plumpfish
  • catgirldesu
    edited December 2015
    1 Str, 1 Vit, 6 Mag and 2 into Vit or Magic every two levels is correct.
    Don't worry too much about gear until you reach level 90. Just use whatever you can get your hands on. Once you reach level 90, however, you will have to start thinking of the gear path you'll be taking.

I assume you will want G16 Nirvana, which is the best gear a casual player can afford. R9 (2nd cast) is the best gear one could have, but it's expensive to buy or it can be farmed but it takes a long time and a lot of effort. There are two routes for the Nirvana gear. One is bound which comes from the Twilight Temple route and is a little cheaper. The other is the Lunar path which makes the gear trade-able and can be sold in the future. TT path started with the level 90 gear and Lunar starts at level 95. Meanwhile you could use Morai level 95 gear or Morai level 100 gear (from Endless Universe, which is also BH100) until you get something better. If you need more help/information with the Nirvana gear let us know.

I will quote myself from the sticky pet guide:
    Arcane Armor builds
    If you start out with an AA build, your priority will be to have a decent tanking pet. Your physical defence will be low. Even if your magic defence is fine, the low HP will not help your case. You will surely want to have a pet that can work as your meat shield.

Even if you follow a Vit AA build and/or start out with Dreamchaser pack gear, which is really strong, you might still want to have a trusted tank pet by your side.

As you progress through the levels you will get stronger and you'll have to start picking a DD pet. If you've already picked one, you might want to level it up if it has fallen behind in levels. At later levels, your playstyle and how often you squad or solo will determine what pets you use but I would still advice keeping a tank pet around - just in case!

At endgame you'll probably rely on your squad more than your pet so you'll most likely use your DD/support pet(s) more than a tank pet, unless your tank pet is also your DD pet.

You can also read 2. Types of pets there to figure out which DD and luring pets you might want (it would be too long to quote everything here). You will also want an air pet. Water pet doesn't matter too much. If needed, just tame any at-level water pets you find and then get rid of it once you're done with your water quests.

Question, what is your current cultivation? If you get stuck you can use this site for reference. The early quests might be a bit outdated as of now, but most of it should be the same. Frostcovered Grounds is for level 51, by the way. I'm not sure what level you are right now. Maybe you just haven't reached that part yet. Note that the instance is not part of your cultivation quest-line.

Lastly, Sage and Demon are both great for Venomancers. It's really up to you, how you like to play and what skills you like to use. A very, very short summary of the two would be... Sage is a bit more defensive, support oriented and Demon is more offensive. Both can work well in all situations though. I suggest looking here to compare the skills (the drop down menu let's you pick Sage or Demon).

​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    edited December 2015
    DD:damge dealer right? cause im still in a the vale i wanna learn more before i start. I have a Dark wanderer in my bank along with the scorpion. From what i looked up before glacial walker is a good tank and has highest damage if i remember right but is slow,Cause i am for him right off the bat when i get out of the vale. air pet some recommend before a but cant remember the name but i know its where glacial walker is located. But end game i want petite sawfly. Once i get to 100 and evolve pets what mood do i choose. Also one thing i haven't gotten the hang of is keeps aggro on pet when i attack
  • demonsouls#1197
    what DD would you recommend for me to get and what skills to put on it later
  • catgirldesu
    edited December 2015
    I suggest keeping the Dark Wanderer.

It has great damage, and it actually has pretty high defences compared to other pets. You can check the stats here, though the stats are for level 105 pets. The Dark Wanderer can take hits, unlike other squishier DD pets, and you can probably tank several mini-bosses and some bosses with it instead of the Glacial Walker. The Walker will still be the better tank pet though with the higher defences, HP and Inherit stats after evolution.
    For the skills, I suggest Bash for its primary attack skill, Howl which reduces magic defence. The rest are kinda up to you. You can keep Tough for the time being (I think it comes with that skill, no?), but it doesn't help too much later on I think. It's better to keep it for your Walker. You could also pick elemental bashes like Icicle, Toxic Mist etc. for variety. Shriek is a pretty good skill to have, too. Some endgame bosses actually require you to interrupt their skills so it's a good thing to have around. It's only really good when you can max level it at level 80, though. I actually keep a pet with Shriek around in case my squad ever lacks classes that have interrupt skills. Flesh Ream is a decent DD skill to have as well.

At level 89 you can tame a Celestial Sting for ranged pulling. It can evolve, too. Ranged pets are a little better for pulling, but otherwise you can just grab a Kowlin at level 60. It's a really fast pet, but also kinda squishy. Generally though, you can just use your Dark Wanderer for pulling once you get it up to your current level.

The Petite Sawfly is your best bet for an air pet. The flying manta pet (the name escapes me right now) that's near the Glacial Walker area is decent, but it doesn't evolve. You'll generally want pets that can evolve, because they have more benefits. However, until you can tame the Sawfly either use that manta pet, or tame any at-level air pet you find. The Piggy is nice too, it's tanky but it has low attack. It does evolve though.

For moods, check this, but it's too early to worry about that I think. You can take a look though, and see what moods you like. Make sure you check whether your pets can learn the moods though. Some moods are only available to certain pets.

Lastly, to allow your pet to keep aggro you need to hold off with your damage. Wait until your pet hints the mobs a few times, or wait a bit between casting your attacks. There's also the pet skill Roar which resets aggro. It's usually put on tank pets like the Glacial Walker to make it easier for the pet to get aggro back if it loses it. Keep in mind, the skill resets the aggro so if you attack right after your pet uses the skill, you might just get the aggro back on your again.
    ​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    ah i see, is there anything else you would recommend before i start playing
  • demonsouls#1197
    edited December 2015
    and btw ill shoot you a message if i need anything else thank you for all the help ^.^, also i looked into flame crystal pet is that good its starts a lil higher than walker besides health and magic def or walker over all better
  • catgirldesu
    No problem!
    The Walker is still a little better than the Flaming Crystal (Crystaline Magmite pre-evolution) because of the slightly higher HP/defence and evolution skill. That's just nitpicking, though. If you already have a Walker there's no reason to get a Flaming Crystal pet.

There's not much else to say otherwise. Just keep playing the game, and if you have any more questions you can comment in the thread again.
    ​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    edited December 2015
    okay thank you again for all the help you are the best ^.^. btw when should i use dark wanderer
    Post edited by demonsouls#1197 on
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    you should use dark wanderer to DD when you dont need your tanking pet.

But honestly, I used glacial walker for pretty much everything besides I had dark wanderer and many other pets. He was my most tanky pet, and have decent DD. Even though he is slow, I used him for pulling too, I just used 'Tough' (reduce damage taken for a short duration) and sent him to pull, and it was quite rare he failed on me. It was just easier to focus on one pet only and not needing to swap around (I was rather poor as I couldnt afford to level up pet skills, and I found it boring to level up so many pets too, but of course, you may be different!)
    If I were to start over with venomancer today I would go with a walker with bash, howl, roar, tough. Bash being main attack, howl for more damage for me, roar for emergency, tough for pulling and hard-hitting stuff. I might have wanted to swap howl out with pierce if I went demon after reaching Lv89+.
    At level 101 I caught a dino when it came out. That DD pet was first time I found a pet useful enough to use other than the walker. Though I ditched him when the pet evolutions came out as I then could use my phoenix in instances.
    For DD pet I kinda only used bash/flesh realm + howl + shriek. Last skill slot I wanted to get the buff that increase pet's physical attack (though I couldnt afford it back then, and the day today I use legendary pets). Now you can win the buff in venomancer instance if your points allow you to, but I guess that's also first at Lv100+​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    tiger-12.gif I still think HA veno is cool ​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    to bad you cant rearrange skills of the pet i wanted the bash in the first slot lol and how do you lvl up there skills
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You can unlearn the skills that's before bash, and then teach your pet the skills again. I done that on some pets to get the right order.
    To level up you need tame book (I think they are called?) you can buy it at the same npc where you also buy the pet skills.
  • demonsouls#1197
    yeah but 750,000 for roar though ehhhh
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Yea it's quite some money at lower level. Sometimes you can find people sell the skills cheaper in AH though... Well, at least I seen them cheaper on my server.
  • catgirldesu
    Yeah, some people put skills in the AH and usually sell them cheaper than the NPC. Keep an eye for that.​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    what area would i look for in AH to find ppl that sell them cause there are so many
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Open AH - Filter Items - Other - Books - Pet Skill Books​​