cata speed in TW

Ok so I keep tell in g my faction members to make a thread asking a question regarding catas in TW but seeing how they too lazy, I'll do it for them. They swear they are seeing cata pullers running at max speed without losing their cata in TW. I myself have no idea if they seeing things or not since I need to run absolute lowest settings to do TW efficiently ( can't see char models OR names). So someone tell me please, is there a way that it is possible to run at near speeds with catas without losing them (and can I get the max speed you CAN run with them to get an idea) or should I tell them to stop complain and run Fraps / report if they "think" they see this happening?
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105

Comments

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    could just be lag. server treating cata and puller as 2 entities. and only checking now and then, if they connected. this is just a assumption ofc
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Can't say I've ever seen this happen as someone who does pull catas every so often. It is likely that it could be lag, mobs (and players I guess) have a tendency to "zoom" when lag spikes occur. I once saw my cata zoom right to me when I had a lag spike during TW. If it was actually possible to run like that with a cata without losing it, then it's definitely not the way catas are meant to behave.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    It's not the speed that's important but the distance. When pulling a cata there is a range indicator on the side of your screen that changes colors. When it turns red you are very far from your cata and need to wait for it to catch up or you risk dropping it.

You can do things like run/holy path while carrying a cata, you just can't do them nonstop. If you are seeing a cata puller holy pathing nonstop, then that's different. But you probably just saw them doing it briefly.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    I didn't see them at all, I think they were complain about them moving large distances really fast, like faster than they thought was allowed, but answers my queation, I'll tell em to just record it if they see it
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    They must be seeing things. I've been in a cata pull squad for years and have never seen such. The speed of a cata is slower than the normal run speed of a barb in tiger form.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I've tested all kinds of ways to increase the speed of the cata. Nothing works. Sounds like this thread is purely hearsay and latency.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I've tested all kinds of ways to increase the speed of the cata. Nothing works. Sounds like this thread is purely hearsay and latency.​​

You are absolutely right sylenthunder, and I ask that you close this thread. This OP is just angry that his/her faction lost in last night's tw and is looking for excuses to ban our members. Here is a short 1 min video showing what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJ4t_gdDx4&feature=youtu.be

As you can see in the vid:
    1) OP was having trouble killing me on her own even though her class can attack and run at the same time and couldn't keep up.
    2) I was using my seeker skill unfetter to increase my speed to 10m/s so it was not max speed (max is 15 m/s)
    3) I had to stop periodically whenever my cata distance indicator was red so I don't lose it.
    4) I tried to run zig zag to kite when indicator is red, if I kept running straight and away, I would have lost the cata.
    5) I had the option to use holy path to escape death, but I didn't because running at max speed I would have lost the cata.

Please close this thread, TY.
    Post edited by neodaystar on
  • demansfairy
    null
    First of all her? Im a guy playing a male toon. 2nd of all I LIKED fighting you, you were tanky as hell. And 3rd of all, I don't think you understand, I'm not complaing, hell I literally cannot see players and need tab target/ t list to fight, BUT for multi weeks now I have several people yelling on TS in my ear " ooh they running at max speed haxs!!" AFTER I told them to make a post about it weeks ago to see if they just seeing things...which they didn't -_-.

Anyway good fight, was fun and looking forward to more. Imma tell them it's probably just lag spikes ( there a reason I have to play min settings and I KNOW others suffer from the same thing) and if they really thing something going on then to record and stop talking about it in ts.
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yeaaaa, due to lag spikes - So even though our faction isn't using any hacks, it will still gonna appear as if we were, because of lag spikes in the vids your members submit makes it looks like authentic hacks >.< Nothing personal towards you by the way, had a good fun TW, but my faction has been falsely accused of **** in TW in the distance past, which is why I am defensive about it.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    neodaystar wrote: »
    Yeaaaa, due to lag spikes - So even though our faction isn't using any hacks, it will still gonna appear as if we were, because of lag spikes in the vids your members submit makes it looks like authentic hacks >.< Nothing personal towards you by the way, had a good fun TW, but my faction has been falsely accused of **** in TW in the distance past, which is why I am defensive about it.
    >Lag spikes looking like authentic hacks
    Good god if that nowadays look like authentic hacks then I must be getting ancient​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I don't know about you guys but if I was going to **** catapults I would make them fly. Who in their right mind would stop at increased speed? Come on now! monkey-19.gif​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Sure blame it on the lag.
    eirghan said:

I don't know about you guys but if I was going to **** catapults I would make them fly. Who in their right mind would stop at increased speed? Come on now! monkey-19.gif​​

Omg hacking intention confirmed. Ban it now. BAN IT WITH FIRE. :angry:
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    you can move at max speed as much as you want, you just cannot lose tether range for too long. My guess is cata move speed is around 8 m s.

So in other words if you leave your cata pult too far behind you will lose it. But if you leave it for like 10 seconds, it can still catch up too you.

Personally i run ahead so i can use my skills for chi, then i run ahead again.
    m5arXCN.png
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    This guild always complains when they are outplayed/maneuvered and claim its hacks.​​
    Here we go again....
  • demansfairy
    null
    @paralleogram
    Not even gonna denie that one

@ prancing
    That's intresting, I want to try that now.