Territory War Reset

Options
13»

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options

My bet.....

It actually happens around 4 months. Because PWE has never gotten their act together enough to do it faster than 3 weeks after the season ended.

As far as how TW's are going? The season pretty much sucks due to the blatant violations of the TW rules that are not being enforced at all. one more nail in the coffin of PWI thanks to the dismal support.​​

You can see the blatant disregard for this in Tideswell all throughout the season with the Top TW factions using alt factions to bid for more territory or bid against themselves to prevent other factions from bidding. It has become a "part of the game" and shouldn't be. Of course if certain GMs actually READ the tickets submitted rather then only reading what they want this would probably be something they would take care of.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    Alright so no announcement has been made as of tonight's maintenance.
    I can now only assume that we're all in the dark and there's a large lack of scheduling...

So here you are PWE - TW Reset Days according to YOUR choice of 3 months.

'15 Nov 3rd.- Missed
    '16 Feb 2nd - Pending
    '16 May 3rd - Pending
    '16 Aug 2nd - Pending
    '16 Nov 1st - Pending

That's a year's worth. Took me a solid minute.
    It's not hard to make a simple calendar of events... Not even sure why slack off on this.

Now I'm not sure what expertise it takes to reset something but let's get some timings down at least.

Thanks,
    Sincerely
    Not yours truly for long.

​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    Seems that we don't have any official news for when tw map will be reseted.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    Man people really don't know the rules governing TW at all...course they would if they were enforced....hmmm that is an interesting concept and idea, PWE actually enforcing TW rules.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    At this point, just assume tw reset will come with whenever the expansions are.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    They may reset the TW map with the update.

Since the new system with SvS will go into place and you need 5 lands or so it would make sence. Either we will know more by friday or monday I would hope either way in the next 5/6 days.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Only the most elite Factions are invited to this exclusive cross-server battlefield held every Saturday. To gain entry, factions must have conquered a certain amount of territories in the Territory Wars.The current Territory Wars will not be reset with the War Front expansion so that Factions have extra time to qualify.

Soo, bets if certain factions are ganked in an attempt to disqualify rivals?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll said:

Only the most elite Factions are invited to this exclusive cross-server battlefield held every Saturday. To gain entry, factions must have conquered a certain amount of territories in the Territory Wars.The current Territory Wars will not be reset with the War Front expansion so that Factions have extra time to qualify.

Soo, bets if certain factions are ganked in an attempt to disqualify rivals?

Well its safe to assume no Tier 2 factions will be making it that far
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    To be honest, I think it's a better idea to reset the map and have factions fight to qualify for the new event.

Some factions will not even get the chance to participate in this new event since the big ones have already taken most of the lands. Those factions will have to wait until whenever the TW map reset will be. I'm not even talking about small factions, but actual TW active big factions (tier 2).

It just seems kind of silly to me to use an old TW season as a way to let factions qualify for a whole new event. dino1-20.gif
    ​​
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    Options
    To be honest, I think it's a better idea to reset the map and have factions fight to qualify for the new event.

Some factions will not even get the chance to participate in this new event since the big ones have already taken most of the lands. Those factions will have to wait until whenever the TW map reset will be. I'm not even talking about small factions, but actual TW active big factions (tier 2).

It just seems kind of silly to me to use an old TW season as a way to let factions qualify for a whole new event. dino1-20.gif

This.
    Again not fair to the smaller factions.​​
    Here we go again....
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Pretty much agreed. Just reset it next week and let guilds be able to qualify via the new season. -___-
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    But only two factions get to bid on the cross-server thing. Do you really want our server represented by a tiny faction that got 5 lands in the corner of the map?
  • catgirldesu
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'd rather give everyone a fair chance at fighting for the ability to qualify and participate in this new event at the release of this expansion. While I understand server representation is important, I don't see why we have to exclude smaller factions out of this event like this. This is something new and many will want to try it out. Keeping the current map, it automatically disqualifies some factions, who I think deserve a fair chance at trying to participate.

I mean, sure, they can always wait for the next map reset, and get their chance to participate in the cross-server TW then, but to me, not giving them the option to fight for qualification at the expansion's release is a little disappointing. This is just my opinion.
    ​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    But only two factions get to bid on the cross-server thing. Do you really want our server represented by a tiny faction that got 5 lands in the corner of the map?

Why not if the opposite server is also represented by a tiny faction with 5 lands in the corner of the map tiger-2.gif

And if seriously, there is a contradiction here: if a faction wants to be qualified, it should farm as many lands as possible for higher chance. Farming lands is easier to do attacking small weak factions in the corner of the map. So, are factions encouraged to farm easy lands and crystal walks in order to get qualified?
    Number of lands with nowadays spam resets speaks little about real capability of factions. But if it's troublesome to find another criteria, long season is better that anything else, IMO.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    well seeing how the very first line is:

Only the most elite Factions are invited to this exclusive cross-server battlefield held every Saturday.

That kind of solves that matter ^^ Its a nice method of PWI to make sure the biggest TW factions stay big
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 said:

Only the most elite Factions are invited to this exclusive cross-server battlefield held every Saturday.

That kind of solves that matter ^^ Its a nice method of PWI to make sure the biggest TW factions stay big

Well, I read over in China's post about this that the faction needed 5+ territories to be able to bid on the Cross Server TW.
    Better this way so less fighting bids.

GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • catgirldesu
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »

Oh.
    I suppose you're right. >.> Oh well, I should be happy anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ one of my factions has lands so I'll be able to participate in this new event early on.
    ​​
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    1. If you reset the tw map now, then we have to wait 6 weeks untill we actually can do the new cross server tw. I dont think anybody wants that.
    2. Before we had big tw factions attack each other to have big fun tw's. With this 5 land bidding rule, bigger factions will now just attack smaller factions before they reach 5 lands in order to prevent them from bidding at all.
    3. how is this whole cross server stuff supposed to work with 3 different server times? 66% of the people will have screwed up event times.

In my opinion this cross server stuff is not even something to look for at all.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    1. If you reset the tw map now, then we have to wait 6 weeks untill we actually can do the new cross server tw. I dont think anybody wants that.
    2. Before we had big tw factions attack each other to have big fun tw's. With this 5 land bidding rule, bigger factions will now just attack smaller factions before they reach 5 lands in order to prevent them from bidding at all.
    3. how is this whole cross server stuff supposed to work with 3 different server times? 66% of the people will have screwed up event times.

In my opinion this cross server stuff is not even something to look for at all.

Nice opinion. Lets wait until we know days and time.

I think you have the NW n Treasure Island events mixed up as well.​​
  • strife614
    strife614 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options

Oh.

I suppose you're right. >.> Oh well, I should be happy anyway ¯¯ \_(ツ)_/one of my factions has lands so I'll be able to participate in this new event early on.
    ​​

Don't steal my ¯¯ \_(ツ)_/ !!!!
    Get your own rare mems! D:<
    Dedaluminus+rolled+image+booty+had+me+like+_fcd1122ac83b332a4f46aba8c91b800d.gif