Barbarian's Guide to the Tanker Build

Greav - Archosaur
Greav - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
Note: As of recently I have quit my barbarian, Greav. This guide is based off of other stat guides (whom I will give credit to) and my experience playing Greav. If you find any errors or innaccuracies please notify me of them.

In my experience as a barbarian, tanking and finding the right gear is can be tough with the wrong build. If you have a few too many points into Vit or Dex, your whole build will be impacted. The key is to find the right balance of Strength, Dexterity, and Vitality.

The common Tanker Build: "follow gear requirements and put the rest into vit." This is probably the worst possible answer to give a new player. What gear? Should I do TT or Legendary weapon requirements? It's kind of a pain in the *** to have to check gear requirements every few levels to make sure you're getting it right, and what if you mess up? Then it's your own fault, and that kind of sucks. (Really sucks towards end-game when you're planning to get your final gear and accidentally put one too many points into Dex. You're gonna be pissed.)

The Actual Tanker Build
Every two levels you will need the following:
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 1 (DO NOT SKIP DEX. You need AT MINIMUM one every other level for gear and weapon requirements.)
Vitality: 3

I definitely wish I could add more Vit, but there are, after all, gear requirements. If you don't think you have enough Vit, you can easily fix it by adding Citrine Gems to your armour. (To see an ultimate guide on gems and shards, visit http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=796082
Post edited by Greav - Archosaur on

Comments

• Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This should really be in the Barb section.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Note: As of recently I have quit my barbarian, Greav. This guide is based off of other stat guides (whom I will give credit to) and my experience playing Greav. If you find any errors or innaccuracies please notify me of them.

In my experience as a barbarian, tanking and finding the right gear is can be tough with the wrong build. If you have a few too many points into Vit or Dex, your whole build will be impacted. The key is to find the right balance of Strength, Dexterity, and Vitality.

The common Tanker Build: "follow gear requirements and put the rest into vit." This is probably the worst possible answer to give a new player. What gear? Should I do TT or Legendary weapon requirements? It's kind of a pain in the *** to have to check gear requirements every few levels to make sure you're getting it right, and what if you mess up? Then it's your own fault, and that kind of sucks. (Really sucks towards end-game when you're planning to get your final gear and accidentally put one too many points into Dex. You're gonna be pissed.)

The Actual Tanker Build
    Every two levels you will need the following:
    Strength: 6
    Dexterity: 1 (DO NOT SKIP DEX. You need AT MINIMUM one every other level for gear and weapon requirements.)
    Vitality: 3

I definitely wish I could add more Vit, but there are, after all, gear requirements. If you don't think you have enough Vit, you can easily fix it by adding Citrine Gems to your armour. (To see an ultimate guide on gems and shards, visit http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=796082

- Most pure tank builds cap their DEX at 40 or 60
    - Primeval or Savant Stones (+10 Vit) give more HP then Citrine Gems
    - You can restat STR/DEX you get from gear add-ons back into VIT to gain more HP, so you DO need to check on what gear you will get or you will need to get reset notes for this

Even tho it should ve been posted in the Barb section, i wouldnt bother moving it there...
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • sirretil#2338
    sirretil#2338 Posts: 1 Arc User
    What about skills, spirit management and genie?