Sale prices

jabq
jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
GST - 4 gold - decent price, if gold is available in ah for non cash shoppers to make use of this

Dragon Fire pack - 5 gold, they used to be 3.15 were they not?

Pigment sale - normal sale price

Chips - 5 gold + irritation = 1 gst

I was surprised at the dragon fire pack prices, did they have it at 5 gold before? i didn't buy any this year, so maybe i am not aware of "new" price for it.

Seeing as how we hardly ever get gold being sold in ah, the above sales will ensure the gold hikes up again. I doubt us merchants will have the usual security of buying gold in ah. On top of the above sales and gold problem, they have a charge+spend promo. A cash shopper gets three times the benefit, first from charging, 2nd from spending, 3rd from selling outside of ah. Guess we'll wait until February to start dealing again.​​

Comments

• tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    The days, when F2Pers were able to keep up with the big CSers, are over.
    If you don't already have an end-game character, you will never be able to get one for free now.

E.g. at beginning of 2015 we got 1 Dragon Ocean Orb for spending 50 gold (spend promo).
    Later in the year it went up to 100 gold.
    Last month it was at 150 gold.

And there is no gold in AH.

We need big coin sinks. Big Ones. BIG ONES. BIG ONES.

Big coin sinks will only work with items which are wanted.
    And only items which are needed multiple times.
    = will only work with stuff like Dragon Ocean Orbs, Diamond of Tigers, Diamond of Dragons, Primeval Stones and Stones of the Savant.

The BIG PROBLEM we have: there are several versions of this game out there. But they (upper management) want to treat all versions the same way and want general solutions which work for all servers. And since such general easy solutions don't exist, we don't get any.

The ONLY HOPE we can have is, that our CM can see and understand the problem and is able to obtain an authorization for an individual solution.
    Maybe they even have to do those trades manually (e.g. remove 6x "Ten Million Big Note" and get a Dragon Ocean Orb instead).

Right now I don't see a reason to be online. No progress in game = no fun = I can chat somewhere else.
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    I think the dragon fire were $3.20/3.25 for the bunch.​​
  • niajade
    niajade Posts: 78 Arc User
    tet said:

The days, when F2Pers were able to keep up with the big CSers, are over.
    If you don't already have an end-game character, you will never be able to get one for free now.

The problem is, that WE see this as greed >> and THEY see this as profit.

THEY see the few insignificant things they do as progress >> We see them as "still being far behind the other mmorpgs".

They see their strong gaming community as one of their best attractions
    We see this as being very true, however >> the community is DUE TO the gamers > not so much the game.

I played PW-MY, I played PWI since day 1 (okay, left alot of times)... and never - ever, in either versions, was drops something that we could live off of, with the exception for the higher levels who worked in groups.

The irony is, how do we get high level, less we have the funds to be able to gear up once we get there - AND - in such a fashion that there is some realistic competition.

I found a game that has everything I wanted in an MMORPG, but it does not have the community PWI does.

This and only this .. is the reason I keep returning.

The other game plays exactly like PWI, even larger.. more perks & I made tons of ingame coin.. but the people make the game what it is.. and here, in PWI, you find people like no others... it's such a wonderful merging of cultures.

Yestermoon - SB | Dawnglory
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    What I am typing below some may see as greed. Those that know how it works, will see it as it is. Maximizing profits.

It has been a cash shopper's dream lately. The sale prices in the boutique are fairly insignificant compared to the rewards. Last month, the Orchid packs allowed me to go full JoSD on my armor from just decent citrine shards, just by selling packs to other players. A few of those players I sold to made a LOT of coins in surplus from getting high demand items like SoT and Matchless Wings. Their investment paid off significantly. My pack opening skills is horrible, but selling was making me a mint. I don't care what the sell price is in the boutique. If its something people want, I invest.

If I charge gold I will sell said gold for whatever I want within the price of current demand, and I watch it closely. If people don't like the price I sell my gold for, I will just hold onto the gold. I get Zen for the charge rewards anyway and don't need the gold for anything except refine orbs. Spend rewards are fine but I have enough +10 orbs for bound items only already.

Any additional perks are just icing on the cake, and selling gold for 5m per is easy enough, though I just charge and keep it until the +11/12 orbs are available, or need for gold is highest.

If someone wants me to buy boutique items, then lately gold is on average 4.5 to 5m each. Its called supply and demand. If demand or the price is is too low, I keep my gold and stock up on it with each charge reward until its something I need or want, or I feel like selling. Occasionally I throw a bone to those in AH and sell 20 to 30 gold at AH price, but demand has been quite high the past few weeks so losing out on millions isn't in my repertoire like it used to be.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yep. Cash or fall behind.

Or leave. I have. And I've did the "f2p farm your char" for a long time. It's just no fun to do it anymore with the current gold prices and the perks cashing folk get through the AH, which has become inaccessible to true F2P folk. In Pvp terms, if you're not already at the top yet, you might as well give up. One very sucky NW was the final straw that made me realise, this game has lost it's charm for me. I'm having more fun replaying Bioshock, Baldurs Gate 2, Sins of a Solar Empire... stuff like that, all single player.

So yea, that cheap stone cat of mine, the Jintao tracker updates, wiki updates... those all leave as well. Doubt I'll be back, might lurk on the forums a bit until Star Citizen's released. Then I'll be over there.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • jabq
    edited October 2015
    If someone wants me to buy boutique items, then lately gold is on average 4.5 to 5m each. Its called supply and demand.

I am more than happy to pay 6m for your gold, if it is coming through the ah. If it is not coming through the ah, the gold is useless to me. If they raise the cap on gold to 8m people like me can get back into business. As you said it is a thing of supply and demand problems arise when caps are introduced.

Glad you are making money, previously it used to be merchanting money bonanza from september to january. Now it is a sad time for those who can not buy gold in ah.

@noodlepunch 3.25 gold vs 5 gold. It makes a huge difference when making +7,+8,+9,+11,+12 orbs. That is why i was surprised that they are so expensive. I have refined most of my gear, but for others the costs will become astronomical with such prices.​​
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    jabq wrote: »
    @noodlepunch 3.25 gold vs 5 gold. It makes a huge difference when making +7,+8,+9,+11,+12 orbs. That is why i was surprised that they are so expensive. I have refined most of my gear, but for others the costs will become astronomical with such prices.
    Yes, it does make a huge difference. I'm not buying them at that price. I'm not buying any of it for anything more than the lowest I've seen it. Even when I needed +10 orbs and they threw them in there for $30 or $35 on "sale". That's bullpoopy and I refuse to spend that.

I really don't know what they are thinking lately. It feels like there are new people who have no clue how the sales have run in the past. I would hate to think it really is some kind of way to raise the price back up thinking people will just get use to it and pay it. As many have said before, they are just going to push away more of their already declining playerbase. tiger-33.gif​​
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Keep in mind with the influx of items from packs, a lot of key items like DoDs and DoTs have fallen to around half the price they were at one time. Before all these pack specials, they were around 180 mill each. Now you can get DoDs for 90 to 100 mill and DoTs for 80 to 90 mill. Not so key items but things people desired like a lot of the rarer mounts that were 150 to 250 mill are 20 to 50 mill, flyers that were 150 mill for 50 mill, fashion that was over 100 mill for 10 to 30 mill, etc.

Even non cashers can access these now.

The only items that are still prohibitively expensive via coin even when in the boutique are +11 and +12 orbs. The +10 orbs when on sale, once there is enough of them available in game sell for 60 to 80 mill each even with high gold prices. +7 through +9 orbs will always be expensive as well since they aren't available in the boutique, and people rarely if ever use them for anything other than making +11 or +12 orbs.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User

Keep in mind with the influx of items from packs, a lot of key items like DoDs and DoTs have fallen to around half the price they were at one time. Before all these pack specials, they were around 180 mill each. Now you can get DoDs for 90 to 100 mill and DoTs for 80 to 90 mill.

Costs for DoDs and DoTs are relatively constant in comparison to gold price on lc/twilight temple server.
    Max. costs are 120m (and rarely sell for this price), average price is 100-110, and merchants will buy them fast for 90-95m. Even if you have them for an average price in Commission Shop right now, it will take 3-4 days to sell one of them.

Not so key items but things people desired like a lot of the rarer mounts that were 150 to 250 mill are 20 to 50 mill, flyers that were 150 mill for 50 mill, fashion that was over 100 mill for 10 to 30 mill, etc.
    Even non cashers can access these now.

I doubt that non-CSers buy a lot of fashion or many mounts/flyers.
    I know that prices of all riding mounts cost just around 5m with time. But idc about mounts, 1 is enough, I don't need more. Only a few use them in Archosaur for posing purposes while being afk over night..

The only items that are still prohibitively expensive via coin even when in the boutique are +11 and +12 orbs. The +10 orbs when on sale, once there is enough of them available in game sell for 60 to 80 mill each even with high gold prices. +7 through +9 orbs will always be expensive as well since they aren't available in the boutique, and people rarely if ever use them for anything other than making +11 or +12 orbs.

Cheapest price of +10 orb in boutique is 25 gold. Gold sells for 5m+ = 1x +10 orb costs 125m+.
    I'd recommend to go to +8 with Tishas/Tienkangs (use free orbs for weapon). And most ppl go just for +10 on gear.
    Let's say you got full Rank9 gear. Then you have to refine at least 9 items (tbh I don't feel the need to refine rings).

9 x 2 = 18 Ocean Dragon Orbs.
    18 x 125m coins = 2,250,000,000 coins

For getting +8 on seven items I need about 8k Mirage Celestones and a lot of event gold (maybe 500-700?) for Tishas and Tiekangs.

Cost of +11 orb is 75 gold and +12 is 150 gold.
    Most will only refine weapon to +12 = 225 gold.
    225 gold x 5m+ coins = 1,125,000,000

= min. 3,460,000,000 coins for getting full +10 gear and necklace and .+12 weapon.
    (1 Mirages Celestone = 10k coins)

And this calculation is based on the assumption that people are willing to sell boutique items for 5m per gold.

When PWE would start to sell (non tradable) Dragon Ocean Orbs for 60m coins each (with no need to buy gold), people would start to sell gold in AH for cheaper price.
    AND quadrillions of coins would be removed from server.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Yeah i have to agree gold not being in AH is a major drawback.

Unfortunately i dont see any reason for pwi to change it since it was probably premeditated. It only benefits them. Pretty unfortunate.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    All my gear is easily farmed. NV3 and warsoul that is. Not only that it's also account stashable. If I want to compete with others I'll compete with others equally geared as me. Let credit card warriors battle other credit card warriors. It's that's simple, really.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Honestly, increasing AH cap wouldnt affect the willingness to charge much but it would make ppl get far less frustrated at the situation. The influx of coin orchids generated with the lack of coin sinks we got, we are "screwed" for a good while unless something is done. When f2p players leave, spending customers arent far behind.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jabq
    @tet yes, with the +11 and +12 being available in cash shop now, it is cheaper to +11, +12 gear. Previously when gold was at 3m mark, ocean orbs at 75m mark, 1* orbs at 100~140k mark, it was cheaper to make your own +11 and +12 than to buy them from the cash shop. Times have changed onion-1.gif. Dot, DoD have been at around 100m for quite some time on sanctuary/twilight temple. Having more pack opening has not helped much. SOT still sells at 1b, matchless wings still go at 1.2b. Tokens are at 10k which is a good thing.

@eirghan @saxroll not being able to buy gold is truly frustrating. F2P do not consume large amounts of gold but it makes playing the game fun to farm coins, get the gold and get items like auto stone without having to jump through hoops. I agree, when F2P players start leaving in a larger amount, the number of tws starts falling, nw becomes less fun, activity starts going down. Major tw factions start breaking down, this is final doomsday way of looking at it, but if this continues for another 2~3 years, it will happen sadly.

@jadasia i agree with that, but as merchants get better, bigger, they find that they can compete with credit card warriors on gear. At the end of the day refining cost = same for all gear pieces. Only difference is the base gear that you get. Assuming old prices r9 = 2b, g16 = free - 500m. The way i see it, might as well wait a bit longer and get the best option there is, but pwi is making that really hard for F2P players and merchants. I only play pwi because i immensely enjoy the merchanting side of pwi, if i can't merchant like these days, i just log in to chat and help out faction a bit.​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    IMHO - merchanting (not just buying lowprice gold - and making profit on the high bulk sales..) was never easier than in the last couple months. just a random example - sot going for 60% .. buy 2 or 3 , sell 1 week later for 80% voila , 1bil profit ... not the best example... but thats what it really comes down to .... prices fluctuating like crazy - ppl so depserate for gold or coin !! theyd sell their grandma for 2 dimes ....
  • mulier
    @jabq - old price of r9 at the right moment kinda been 2.1-2.5b and ud have the full +10 inclusive.. i do believe thats why we see such growth in ocean price, when in spend promo.

just dont wanna see, what thgey reintroduce mog for xD
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    As a F2P person let me say its only the love of the game why im still here and hoping one day the PWI Gods will do something nice for me, anyway as i full nv3 bm i dont consider myself that bad, however im still a one shot for many r999. The things i have advantage with, lets say spirit being one, are easily obtainable by others through in game methods, so yesterday i saw a bm with the r999 axe and used an eye of observation on him and i thought i can beat him quite easy. why because he only had 189 spirit vs my 1000. The thing is that as a nv3 player that may never become r999, i have to work harder at upgrading everything else. Nuemas must be done, i had all of them maxed till lvl 7 came out, Old primal passive maxed, One more meridian gate to open, working on Candle Flame set and refine when i can to boost survivabilty. All of this work, but my good friend @eirghan still kick my **** easily. Nv3 is **** compared to r999, but good for pve. Im here until i find that new game that looks and feels like PWI without the greed and poor management if thats possible
  • jabq
    mulier wrote: »
    IMHO - merchanting (not just buying lowprice gold - and making profit on the high bulk sales..) was never easier than in the last couple months. just a random example - sot going for 60% .. buy 2 or 3 , sell 1 week later for 80% voila , 1bil profit ... not the best example..

That doesn't work on sanctuary/twilight temple. To reach that stage you need to have 800m~1.2b as spending money lying around in coins. Most players would not have that.

The reason for the original post was that dragon fire pack sale being super expensive. Due to all the issues happening in pwi, we have forgotten how useful these packs were to us.​​
  • mulier
    was just a generic example .. same can be done with every other item coming from apcks