Territory Resource War times in DawnGlory server

rocky19
rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Since we have a new CM, this is my attempt to see if this can get fixed

So @thenamesdomino

Basically, we had a recent server merge where an East Coast server (Harshlands) was merged into an Europian server (Morai) and they gave the new server a pretty name (DawnGlory) with horrible server time (CEST)

Now, there are quite alot of ingame events, which are rewarding but not really "essential" for a toons advancement. BUT, there is one event, Territory Resource War - This happens every week Wednesday or thursday 20:00 CEST. This used to happen on 20:00 EST on Harshlands before merge so the east coast players were able to do this event without an issue, but now after the forced merge into CEST timezone, this event occurs at 20:00 CEST which is 15:00 for east coast players (EST). Most of us are at work / school when this happens and hence we are unable to obtain the reward from this event which is required for obtaining an item ingame (Inkdragon blood). This item gives an increase in 100 spirit and reduce the damage taken by Crit by 20%
The reward from the Territory Resource War also has access to obtain various items but those items can be ontained in an alternative way.

It is unfair that a certain community of players from CEST timezone obtain this advantage ingame over the others from east coast / US playerbase. Can you do something about this? Like give us all an arc code to get Inkdragon bloods ingame?

IGN : Seek_NK B)
Server: DawnGlory
My Gear
YouTube channel
Mayhem Forum

Comments

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    You can also get Inkdragon Blood fairly often from the Invitation Scrolls that you send to people on your friends list that haven't played in 20+ days.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• rocky19
    Right, but this is not something which is guaranteed to be obtained right? Say you have 2 TWs per weekend with 2-3 hours each TW, you will need 6 bloods per week. And this would eliminate the factor of using inkdragon blood for PVP
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Dam would love to be on that server...

I would hold your horses as they are reviewing the event times because of the server merges. To be fair ive said it over and over again PWI is an International Game Having one event time is rubbish. At least now people who where saying about this before will be relieved that the ones who said this was no issue now understand. really 4am for NW is not a good time for me. Just keep in mind before you rant at me over that NOT everyone was affected.

Last note unless they get this 100% their will anwayz be some QQ over it, and to be fair sometimes we just need to get on with it. Even more so when their are other ways to get these items! Time will tell hope they get it right!
    ​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Well, having two event times will be nice :) both roughly 12 hours from each other.

But then it gets a bit troublesome when there's multiple events in one day, its hard to juggle and if say NW was made twice a day then first that Nation War Pass would have to be made attainable only once a day or else others who have no life outside of gaming would be participating in both making an unfair advantage possibly.

It's definitely a thought process, I'd simply offer Server Transfers at a cost. Say if it takes an employee an hour or two to change one toon to another server you'd have to purchase an Identity Stone + the cost of their labor plus some profit. The point of the identity stone would be say if toon is going from one server to another and their databases aren't shared, then that employee will have to rename the toon with some added letters or something and they don't want to hear the QQ about name change because it was part of the deal.

Regardless that east coast server did get screwed a little bit with the timings.

Well, that's just my business idea if it were me.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    They also need to fix the fact that people are able to participate in this event in pve/blue name. It was designed and made as a pvp event with no drop penalties. That part of the event was lost and now its just a pointless event, because people use blue name alts to zhen everything to death.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    As someone who had no choice to play on a EU server at the time and was always told to deal with it while playing on a US server i'm going to say the following:
    Deal with it.

Oh bittersweet revenge thanks to this merge.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• heerohex#3018
    hockey57 said:

They also need to fix the fact that people are able to participate in this event in pve/blue name. It was designed and made as a pvp event with no drop penalties. That part of the event was lost and now its just a pointless event, because people use blue name alts to zhen everything to death.​​

That's because all pwcn servers are PvP.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Im against the idea to give out codes for the spirit item.
    3pm is a very good time for the event and there is no need for a compensation just because you have a job at that time of the day.
    Cant please everyone obviously and i think it should stay as it is right now.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    my friend list is for its 70% 20days-off alts egg-2.gifegg-5.gifegg-43.gif
    i dont need RW coins to get inkdragon bloods cause from 40ish 20days alts i get at least 6-8 inkdragons a week egg-1.gif
    i recommend to clear friends to make space for afk alts egg-12.gif​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Put them up for sale at the NW forges as consumables. 5 NW coins + 265000 coin seems fair enough for inkdragon blood. Since it's mainly used in TW and NW, having the NW forges supply it makes sense to me.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • heerohex#3018
    NW is as bad as RW in many cases time wise. What about FSP coins. Or a few options. Or 5 canines n 1 rap + coin. Ideas are endless ..
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    I've added this to my list of things to have addressed. Have a little patience with me for the time being, there's alot to process and filter now. But I'll make sure this gets some attention.
  • rocky19

I've added this to my list of things to have addressed. Have a little patience with me for the time being, there's alot to process and filter now. But I'll make sure this gets some attention.

Thank you!

My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I think that a server transfer ability would completely solve the problem, even if it is JUST offered for people from the east coast server that merged to the EU one.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • heerohex#3018

I think that a server transfer ability would completely solve the problem, even if it is JUST offered for people from the east coast server that merged to the EU one.

So ur take a lot of people out n put none back in...

At any rate being in a different time zone has its advantages.
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    FSP coins work better. UCH coins work even better - gives folk who are done with bloods farming a reason to do UCH. 6 Undercurrent Coins for 1 inkdragon blood -> 2/day farmable that way, at any time of the day. And the instance is rebirth 2 and upwards, no real danger of altarmies going to farm on it.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • vcanime15
    vcanime15 Posts: 11 Arc User
    hockey57 said:

Well if you came from a pvp server before the merge I get why u saying this but now all servers are pve so just because u cant get carts doesnt mean we should all be in pk mode so u can get them. Some people still go pk mode during Resource War and with huge gear difference on some blue name should be fine.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

As someone who had no choice to play on a EU server at the time and was always told to deal with it while playing on a US server i'm going to say the following:

Deal with it.

Oh bittersweet revenge thanks to this merge.​​

You were never made to play on that server, that was your choice, so yes you had to deal with it as it was YOUR choice to join that server. People from Harshlands were forced over with no say in the matter. There is a huge difference.
    I don't understand how people think this is the same thing. **** ****.

Anyway. They wont change the event times. There is nothing they can do now that wont **** over half of the server.
    If they change the times to meet the harshlands players times, the Morai players will complain.
    If they make it so that there are 2 RW times, Morai will still have the slight advantage on that and all other servers will be pissed that they only get one RW.
    There is nothing they can do. Best option is to leave it as is, and I say this as a harshland player, well I used to play anyway.
    PWE made their choice as to who they like more with the server merge. They could have easily tossed Harshlands into any one of the other servers and still have some what decent times for events.

NGTUy53.png