[Complete] Special Contest for Those Who Have Played PWI for 7 Years!

13»

Comments

• sanna
    sanna Posts: 2 Arc User
    justpaste.it/ntj8
    My main Char since day 1 in my favorite spot in Perfect World :)
  • dischordia
    dischordia Posts: 16 Arc User
    Account Created: photo hellopwi_zpsngscjte8.png

Character: Gwendolynne

Server: Etherblade (Heaven's Tear Forever)

Screen Shot: photo 256136_221693487860891_2466385_o_zpssmjn0wl0.jpg
    This mount is my most favorite in the entire game. When it came out my IRL boyfriend spent almost all his gold on packs trying to win it for me. He gave it to me as a surprise even though he barely played anymore. =D

Memory: My fondest memory is meeting my now IRL husband in game! When Dreamweaver server first opened I made my BM Diva over there, and decided to 'start' over for awhile. During one of the first Archosaur quests at level 20 I met this little Veno with the name Carter. I thought it was cute and we started chatting while doing our quests. From that day on we played almost every day. Eventually I got bored of DW server and convinced him to come over to Heaven's Tear with me. He did and I helped him build a BM and I resumed my beloved main Gwendolynne. One thing led to another and in 2012 we became boyfriend and girlfriend. In 2013 he moved from Michigan to Colorado to be with me. We still played PWI and also moved to Forsaken World. We were wed on June 25th 2014. It's been a crazy ride but its my favorite memory. This game gave me the love of my life!
    I'ma, I'ma Beast ... Like Eat, Sleep, PvP Fantasies
  • ralucutza
    ralucutza Posts: 1 Arc User
    Character: WarmWindLC (originaly WarmWind)
    Server: Twilight Temple (previously Sanctuary)
    Since late 2008

It was the first character I played for years. It was pretty funny with a magical archer who died like a fly to pkers and mobs.
    The most fun I got was when I made WarmWings faction. This faction was little. So one day me and the only 2 other guys in the faction (SkogDyr and bulleto that later became RaydenRyo) we were on a walk in Dreamweaver Port with our mounts all with a tiger like in the picture. All in line like in a parade. It was a funny moment. Even if a long time passed I still remember that one :)

Because I use to die so much doing everything I decided that I need a cleric.
    It was the best decision. All people love clerics :)
    I miss those times but now the fun continues with this younger character cleric HealerWind, now RalucaK, with my dear kitty boyfriend.

I decided not to play with archer for a while and the gear it's a little old and not so good by today standards. I enjoy more the cleric that became strong and can play in each instance.
  • wraa
    wraa Posts: 2 Arc User
    IGN: Lyaniana
    Server: Heavens Tear (Etherblade)
    Date: 11/20/2008

This mystic was obviously not the first as they didn't exist at that time but its my main. I dont remember my first but i think it was a veno named Nazuna but i deleted her cuz i at that time didnt know how to stat and she was all messed up, she did get to lvl 4x tho

Memory: i think my best memory is a little over 2 years ago when i was lvl 97 and trying to get my gear, my old old guild pulled me through warsong to get mold and badges. It took us sometimes over 3 hours to do just one run, but we all sat on skype the whole night and laughed at our deaths. It was horrible slow but we had a great time and it meant a lot to me they helped me get all my gear even when i weren't lvl 100. None of those play anyone sadly
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    sadly i do not qualify, but this contest is full of nostalgia! :blush:
    wtb more posts!
  • deathg1rl
    deathg1rl Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is pretty low, i've been playing since 2009 should have made it more than just 2008
  • stells
    stells Posts: 5 Arc User
    Account Member Since:10/15/2008.
    Original Character created in 2008: Emmalina (was changed to EmmalinaLC and now Emmaliana)
    Server: Was Lost City, now Twilight Temple
    Current Main Character: Tialina
    Screenshot of my favorite fashion: Bollywood set and the tiara on my current main, Tialina

Best memory over the last seven years:
    With so many to choose from, this became quite difficult. Do I talk about my first little faction, LIGHT, when I was lvl 2 and the leader who was this "op" blademaster at lvl 50? How about getting into Knights, the faction I now call home with a family I love? Or all the shenanigans that I've been a part of, whether that was BB/RB towers or parades around Archosaur with friends. Friends have come and gone, factions have changed, hell even the server changed, but all the memories are great.

To choose just one memory, the best memory, I will have choose the day that I entered into the first faction that felt like a family, Tenjoukai. I was a lvl 40 wizard just questing around, factionless. I had wanted to become a part of another faction, but, since my last couple small ones had dissolved, I wanted to find a nice one. I was around Sundowntown and I noticed a leader standing around, just enjoying the time with a couple of his members. I read normal chat for a while, as they joked around. I went about my business, running from npc to npc, killing a few mobs, turning quests in, etc. They didn't seem to really notice me. Suddenly, there was a small ! in my screen; I was being invited to the faction. Apparently they had been watching me and figured they would help a noob wizard out. Overtime, I grew to love that little faction and the people in it. We stuck together, did everything together. I ended up as the Marshal and Director for a time. We ran each other through fb's, quests, we killed bosses together, we sat around Archosaur just enjoying each others companies. I'll never forget that little "invite to faction" request as that gave me my first family. We stayed together for years, all taking short breaks at times, but returning to start Tenjoukai anew, together. Now, when all those old friends don't play anymore, we still keep in touch through other ways, but I've found a new faction family and at least my PWI story isn't done. The best things that came out of the 7 years of PWI for me, was the people, the relationships that have come and gone.

• elvgt
    elvgt Posts: 3 Arc User
    :p September-Octuber 2008 (ElVgt) BM from sanctuary actually Twilight Temple
  • kampfbro
    kampfbro Posts: 1 Arc User
    Character: PanaBella
    Server: ex Heavens Tear - now Etherblade
    Best memory:
    "Gold is over 100K in the Auction House - this is outrageous!!!!"
    And the time, when World bosses were a challenge for at least 15 players.

• sammibabe
    sammibabe Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Oooooh MY!!!!!......

Where to start?!?!

I've played PWI since....well, since it was!

Account created: 10/03/2008

Character(s): Satalia, Razica

Server: Etherblade (Formally Heaven's Tear)

I've had many many great times playing PWI. One of my fondest memories was waaaay back when I first started playing. I'd made a good few friends, and was in a Faction with my family and friends. My then in game husband was Boram and he and I would go do crazy stuff in game, and would always try new things there, even if we died trying! We'd always like exploring and generally having a great time with the Faction and everyone in it.

Well, one day, he was looking through the Auction House, as you do, and bought a mold for me. We were into crafting big time then! The mold he bought was for something called 'Pants of Demonic Evil', for about 150k. ( At the time we were trying hard to farm our gear, so a mold for my level was pretty cool to use while farming.This matched my Mold Top I already had and, well, mold gear is golden colour and looked nice ;p

I duly toddled off to the Forges to see what I needed and made the leggings, and, be the curious person I am, I went and looked it up on pwdatabase, as I wanted to see if I could go farm them to make and sell (ever the mercenary cash maker, me!), and I was rather surprised to see the drop rate, and how 'rare' they were! This was back in the days WELL before Trophy Mode, where I think you can get the mold now.

Well, I was extremely pleased, and I recall, getting SO many offers for those pants! Of course, I showed them off in World Chat, and had many ask where to get (they weren't the 'best' gear but by gum, they were wanted for some reason o.o)

My Satalia still has them to this day!

Here's a pic of her in them:

And the great stats they have ;)

Ahhh the memories! Here's some more screenies from way back then, my fantastic mates, some I still have as Facebook friends even though we haven't played together in years :(

I'm in the middle, somewhere, lol, bad comp back then, screenshots were baaaad lol

AWWW YEAH! That baby cost me so much time! And dear friends helped me buy that as well! I farmed TT so much to pay them back!

• talina69
    talina69 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hi,

I just want to say thanks. I share these 3 pictures to show a sense of family. Party together, War together and take the whole map together. After loosing my son to a virus last year, you really get a new perspective on things and eventhough I do not play as much as I used to, I just want to thank all of you for being there for me.

Talina

https://dropbox.com/s/a194l0dbqa6lrfb/2010-04-02%2019-45-54.bmp?dl=0

https://dropbox.com/s/6r9337hlqzkcpen/2010-09-25%2014-07-26.bmp?dl=0

https://dropbox.com/s/93tzdvdtloheo8x/2011-07-27%2008-36-06.bmp?dl=0
  • abulll
    abulll Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    First step Photo from my carácter:

2015 09 20 17 47 24

Name of Character: Abvll (playing 95% days per year from 2008)
    The server was "Dreamweaver";
    But it was fused to "Rip Tide server";
    Server Named now: "Tideswell"

my best memory was when PWI make the expansión for New Horizonts and SINS class and new lands in the map appear... too i love the day when you created the Reborn System!! and a lot more things!! toember a day when you banned a guy who **** my account.. an i recibed back all my ítems =) maybe 4 years ago... thanks FOR IT PWI!!!!!!
  • archmagedm72
    archmagedm72 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have been playing since PWI first launched. Servers in past were just Etherblade-City of Lost - Plume. Later on there was Dreamweaver and Nightcrawler was Born.
  • archmagedm72
    archmagedm72 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not sure how to add in my Screenshot! Was part of the alliance TheTitans
  • venez
    venez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Lilany (Heavens Tear/ Ether Blade server) I started playing the very first day PWI launched. she was my first charactor in 2008, and she remains my main charactor now.
    In the photo she is wearing the lates fashion in 2008 and it was very hard to get.
    Where she is standing is at the entrance of the Elf's FB 19, it was one of my best memories because at that time there were no high levels to help us pass it. I remember it being so diffuclt for me, but in the end I entered Archosaur as a cool high level.... kinda. Jajajajaja

Post edited by venez on
  • ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    May as well enter I'll save staff the trouble and post this. HT now Etherblade.

Best memories is all oldschool stuff when things were much simpler. Can't say specifically but I enjoyed this game much more way back in the day.

And yeah TT90 arcane+Immaculate is beautiful.

Edit:I'll play again just waiting for the legacy mark so Sep. 21 or 22 and I'm getting one(forget last login,trying to make sure I get a mark).

• sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    Closing for judging and opening the second contest! We will have winners for this one in a few days :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2015
    Winners!

Special thanks to Mintsummer and TheNamesDomino for helping with voting!

The Winner's names have been submitted for prizes: virtual prizes should be received by next Friday. If you won a physical gift, please update your shipping address and phone number on your Arc account and your prize will be mailed with all of the others going out at the end of the month!

First and Second Place (Ginger Tiger Statue and 1000 Free Zen)

daymond
    catgirldesu

Third – Sixth Place (Ginger Tiger Plush and 500 Free Zen) - We had a hard time choosing these winners so we added one more prize :)

stells
    sammibabe
    noe07
    dischordia

Seventh – Tenth Place (100 Free Event Gold)

Players who won the Free event gold, please send me a PM with your Server and the character you would like the event gold sent to!

zelth
    akuanime
    ralucutza
    ajerbajah

OqejO6Y.png
This discussion has been closed.