Starting Lycaeum without PK mode 2015

Satyrion - Sanctuary
Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Venomancer
Hello venomancers.

It has now been long time knowledge that you as venomancer on a PvE server must be in pk mode to start the veno instance since some expansion...
Well, I'm happy to tell you all that this is not the case anyway, and there is a workaround method. It took me long enough to realise this.

Here is a video of me illustrating what to do before going into the instance and how to start it being blue named.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKHlf7FpD1c
Of course just as before you still have to be pk mode if you want your max reward. This is for venomancers that are satisfied with the minimum reward.

I've long time known how to attack the guard without pk mode with help from my monkeys Heavy Load /Aoe skill, but never understood why it still didnt start the instance, untill a couple days ago I realised guards doesnt active from skills that are doing physical damage. So I went straight into digging up all possible skill combos that could make your pet use an non-physical aoe attack. Primal Howl was the only aoe attack I could find for non-legendary pets, but no mood combo the Primal Howl with Flame Fist, which makes your pet do fire damage. Neither are there any special skills of any evolution pets that are aoe damage skills, again with the exception of legendary pets.
Buying a legendary pet just for starting the instance without pk mode sounds rather expensive to me. Lucky there is a way cheaper alternative. As I was frustrated over there was no mood comboing Primal Howl and Flame Fist skills together I suddenly thought of my genie might work, since genies have insta channel and cast. Testing it out I found out with big happiness that it is working. You simply need a genie with an aoe magical attack to start the instance. It can sometimes take a few extra seconds to get it activated though.

Hope some of you found this useful. Enjoy your non-pk mode veno instance.
I'm finally back as blue named on my lesser geared venomancer.
youtube.com/user/Cebloon
~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
Post edited by Satyrion - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good job I vote sticky as many fluffies will find this useful.

Although this means there will be less venos running around in pk to poke at. :c
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is pretty cool, nice find!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I vote you as Venomancer of the ENTIRE **** GAME..
  • jinx100
    jinx100 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think you may find that they have made it so the genie skill will not work now. I was using this and now it doesn't work for me. I would like to know if it still works for anyone else.
  • plower
    plower Posts: 16 Arc User
    It took me a few times to get it to work but it still works. Just make sure you are standing on top of the flashing circle.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    It works.
    Have nothing target when you stand in front of the guard, after that walk so you stand between 2 guards, then hold down the hotkey for the genie skill.
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    OH THANKS FOR THIS!! monkey2-44.gif

It was such a pain to be white name for my squishy veno, coz I always had to carry guardian scrolls around... This saved my life :). I tried using earthquake since I already had it on genie and it works too! Just had to put it on skillbar and press+hold the button to attack that invisible target.
    ​​
  • astralwalk
    astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
    "I pick Zeal for high magic to recover energy quickly" ... Admit it, you pick Zeal-chan because she is cuteset genie :3

Also, what song is that in your video?

another way that still works too:

Put a pet in defend mode and go next to puffbird.
    Pet will aggro when puffy debuffs you > exit instance and relog. ( just going to character select is good enough)
    You should be glitched into pk mode now >go back inside lycueam and attack guard.
    You can try hard for more reward or afk at this point :D
    Also you can go back to blue name without waiting 10 hours because it was glitched in the first place
    Veno is love. Veno is life.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    astralwalk wrote: »
    "I pick Zeal for high magic to recover energy quickly" ... Admit it, you pick Zeal-chan because she is cuteset genie :3

Also, what song is that in your video?

another way that still works too:

Put a pet in defend mode and go next to puffbird.
    Pet will aggro when puffy debuffs you > exit instance and relog. ( just going to character select is good enough)
    You should be glitched into pk mode now >go back inside lycueam and attack guard.
    You can try hard for more reward or afk at this point :D
    Also you can go back to blue name without waiting 10 hours because it was glitched in the first place

Yea that was the common way to do it after you no longer just could aoe the guards, but I felt it was super annoying having to relog and such every time, so I ended up staying perm as white name (though I dont really liked it on a squisy alt). Im happy I finally came up with this method.
    About the song - I'll send it to you in a message a bit later.​​
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    xD i know this might be marked as a necro but wanted to say ty for this it has helped me recover the times where i didnt wanna go pk mode just to use this instance and the genie way worked so thanks a bunch ^^
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • fillecool226
    fillecool226 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hum unfortunally they fixed it I can't start it anymore with that method this is sad :(