Alts in NW

LilyWinters - Archosaur
LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Nation Wars
Paraphrasing part of a conversation I had with someone I wont name:

"Alts are to better the nation."

In my opinion alts just basically *** a nation over. And there really is no justification for them. Why can't people just admit they're using them for extra tokens instead of trying to justify being *****.

Opinions?
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
Post edited by LilyWinters - Archosaur on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is not first time I seen this kind of thread.
    Yes alts shouldnt exit in NW.
    Sadly that wont happen no matter how many thread on this subject people will make.
    giphy.gif

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think some people might be more efficient using two toons, than some squads of ten different guys.
    But yes people do that to get more rewards in the first place, not to be "generous" with their nation.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just couldn't believe they actually thought that was a valid argument... what even kinda logic is that.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Alts are absolutely great for the nation. The one that isn't filled with them, that is.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Opinions?

Until there's the Great Equalizer where everyone in the NW is brought to the same level of gear, you'll always have players who are severely undergeared in there. I do not blame those for using the Zergling Horde method of getting tokens - log a ton of alts and maphop in whichever house(s) are scoring highest for maximum token payout.

Frankly, on Morai... it's the only way to get a decent amount of tokens unless you're at true endgame in gear. Heck, my R9 BM plays for the fight and tends to get decimated, but my cleric who tends to bail on the first sign of opposition and thus maphops a lot usually gets a higher score. Not fighting leads to higher rewards. Until that mechanic is changed, I don't see the number of alts in the NW decreasing any time soon...

Only way to fix this is to cut rewards for just having some time on a map. But that creates the problem that the overgeared folk will be the only ones who score on the NW... causing others to just leave the event entirely. And then you've got an empty NW without cannon fodder for said overgeared folk.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel the main issue is how points are calculated:

1. You get too much for simply entering a map, last night I landed 700+ points for simply entering map seconds before victory screen.

2. The point cap per battle is set to way too low. It was 3k+ in past but they reduced it to 2150. I expect it was an effort to promote rewards for players with not so great gear.

I would redo how points are calculated. It seems your score is determined only by your rank, I would make it 2 step process, some for your rank in battle and some for your individual performance in the battle. I would also double the max points per battle cap.

By lowering the amount of points you get from map hopping, you make it less appealing. By promoting the points you get from fighting, you make it more appealing to actually fight. When you can effectively score well by participating the event, people whom use it as an farming instance might too reevaluate their options. It would still leave option to farm on tokens on a legion of alts if one chooses to but I would imagine the problem would be far less of a problem.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • pwizz23
    pwizz23 Posts: 16 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »
    Alts are absolutely great for the nation. The one that isn't filled with them, that is.

Yep. Get stuck with a ton of alts, and you end up not having enough people to fight against better geared people.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    People will say anything to justify anything. He's just making excuses. Very few people are honest enough to say "Yeah, I'm being a jerk. I know it. I don't care. I'm gonna game the system because I find the system stupid/because I want more stuff." Even with stupid things that ultimately don't matter at all, like video games. People gonna people.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, I can't say I'm surprised with people shotgunning the NW - logging a bunch of weakish alts and seeing which one ends up in the winning nation, focussing on that one for max tokens. Which ends up making the weaker nations even weaker (because -those- alts will just maphop a bit for minimum tokens). Given that not everyone has the ability to put up a fight with the R9.3 +12 full josd crew, it's a given that some people just go for max tokens by any means available. I don't see that as a bad thing, more as a consequence of maintaining gear imbalance in the NW.

I frequently run the NW with 2 of my toons. A cleric that maphops more then fights (buffs here and there, on occasionally artillery for an empty tower map) and a BM that actually fights. If I could handle more toons, I'd probably log em, but I don't have the hardware for that.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!