NW Tokens

Options
pwizz23
pwizz23 Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Nation Wars
Double population on the server, but the same limit on tokens given out. Doesn't stretch quite as far as it did. There was twice the amount of people in NW on Etherblade server, had some good fun in a lot of larger battles. But the reward was a lot less than I expected for the score I got.

Any plans to increase the amount of tokens for Nation Wars?
​​
Post edited by opkossy on

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Doesn't really matter, token price will go up and individual ones will be worth more.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    NW has a max to the number of attendee's, and the token distribution is set.

If they were to increase the number of tokens distributed, they should also increase the max number of attendee slots similarly.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    Increase the max all you want - didn't even realize there was a max because don't think it's EVER been reached, least not for Heaven's Tear.

I pulled 30,000 contribution tonight - final standings were very tight, was in a second place nation - got 200 tokens. Got triple the players now, actually fighting for the same reward pool that EACH server was fighting for before - I say triple because this new activity brought back a lot of inactives.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, it's currently 200. I've heard that the nation's numbers on Sanctuary (Twilight Temple) ranged from about 155-170.

I think the biggest issue that needs to be addressed is the alts being brought into it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    It's why I was a bit annoyed with the one week warning of the merge, since I'd just used up tokens to make a reawakened Single Butterfly. But I made up for it by buying up SoW the week preceding the merge. Since tokens can't be bought or sold, and the increased number decreases the amount of people getting 50+, it means the amount of SoW able to be made will actually be less than the half you'd think from the simple half reduction in over-all tokens given out.

So SoW was a great bet to hedge against both token inflation, and the guaranteed greater than 50% reduction in SoW being able to be crafted (outside of those alts that just save up for it.) I'm mostly looking for G15/16 demand to decrease the number of people willing to hold on long enough for each multiple, to help drive the price higher.

Of course, it also helps to then mention it in game and on forums, after I'd already bought 150 of them. No sense letting a great idea go to waste, without reaping maximum profit from it.
  • torres7
    torres7 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    in eatheerblade(arch and ht) we had 201,193,189,199 5 minute after nw start. so almost 800 ppl in nw already and with 80k max token its 100 token per person. that kinda low but the amount of good fights b/w nations had inc so its good tho.
  • advoc
    Options
    torres7 wrote: »
    in eatheerblade(arch and ht) we had 201,193,189,199 5 minute after nw start. so almost 800 ppl in nw already and with 80k max token its 100 token per person. that kinda low but the amount of good fights b/w nations had inc so its good tho.

Thing people will realize, is that actually combats alts. One, they need to do enough to qualify for tokens, and increase presence decreases the chance they can afk their way through. Two, even if they do qualify, they now need to earn enough contribution to actually matter. Because they could go through all that for just 20-30 tokens only as a reward.

Which directly affects the urge for OP not to bring those alts, since their main will be busy actually fighting too much to waste time on their alts. And any time removed not actively killing and earning contri, is that much less their main has to get a higher placement. And getting higher placement of even one spot, can often earn much more than the paltry amount that can be earn with alts.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    torres7 wrote: »

How did you made this calculation that every person will get 100 token?
    You somehow asuming that each person is making the same number of points which is not the case. Not even rrr9 wont make the same number of points within eachother not to speak about the difference between a lvl 90 TT and rrr9.
    giphy.gif

• les2klie
    les2klie Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    5172 contribution in dark netted 58 tokens, 11236 contribution in flame netted 84 tokens. Dark came first, flame last. Dark got to share 10k more tokens than flame was awarded. If you got more than around 13k contribution you would get the 100 tokens (or close to it). Also it is the ones that are in NW at the end that share the tokens, so figures from the start are only an indication of numbers. Also tokens are not given out in a linear manner according to contribution, higher than average contributions get more tokens than they deserve. Dark had a region score of 28.7% of the total, but got 31.9% of the total tokens. Flame, who got 21.7% of the regions only got 18.8% of the tokens.

The figure of 100 tokens above is a rule of thumb and probably only meant to indicate that since the merger EVERYONE will get less than they are used to getting.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    How did you made this calculation that every person will get 100 token?
    It's called an average.
  • advoc
    Options
    It's actually useful for finding the lower range of tokens gained. Because it does do disproportionate dispersal, the fact is the majority will be getting less than 100, since the OP players will get the lion's share of it. Which goes back to the decreased number of SoW popping up, except for the strong players hording them to jack up the price.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    What I would like to know is if they will increase the numbers after NW goes Cross server (if they actually make it)

The average number on the new etherblade server was 780 but lets say 750 since some people dc or goes afk.

if some people are already complaining now, imagine how it would be like if they do it cross server with the same amount of tokens.

If we take those 750 and multiply by four we will have 3000 people on cross-nw.

That would be an average 27 tokens per player (only an estimated value)

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    my guess would be that for cross server nw there is a different reward. but just guessing, i dont know.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    Less tokens available per player is a good thing, they were already near worthless. It's just sad when you can make more money NPCing them than by selling to shops. Hopefully the new scarcity will drive up their value some.
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    I've been doing my part by avoiding NW for like a year now. Got sick of people showing up in the last 10 min and getting triple what I got wasting 2 hours, and then the tokens being worthless. I already find pvp pointless, so its no loss.

NW time for me is basically time to go play something else because the server stops everything for it, and the only thing you read is stuff that would get you muted in any other game in WC lol.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »
    What I would like to know is if they will increase the numbers after NW goes Cross server (if they actually make it)

The average number on the new etherblade server was 780 but lets say 750 since some people dc or goes afk.

if some people are already complaining now, imagine how it would be like if they do it cross server with the same amount of tokens.

If we take those 750 and multiply by four we will have 3000 people on cross-nw.

That would be an average 27 tokens per player (only an estimated value)

I believe the cross server NW is going to use the big map with a lot more lands. They had that map for regular NW for a bit but 3 v 2 battles weren't really appropriate so they brought back the small map.

I think token amounts ought to be left the way they are. It is as it should be. Will drive up the prices of NW mats.