Pvp question for barbs

cameron16
cameron16 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Barbarian
Let me just start by saying I don't need a forum troller on this thread I have a genuine question.. With that being said.

How are barbs generally in pvp? I plan on making my first one. Demon STR build kinda? Was gonna do 1 VIT 3 STR 1 DEX. I hear many build for barbs these days so idk. But was basically wondering for the pvp part. I don't wanna be a sin EVERYBODY has one or uses one. Typically when I see someone lose on their other char they wanna bring their sin lol. But yea was wondering bc I do plan to pvp at some point. Thank you for taking the time to read this, look forward to hearing good helpful replies. I just couldn't find an updated thread on pvp guide for barbs against classes. Tyvm
Post edited by cameron16 on

Comments

• KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide
    KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cameron16 wrote: »
    Let me just start by saying I don't need a forum troller on this thread I have a genuine question.. With that being said.

How are barbs generally in pvp? I plan on making my first one. Demon STR build kinda? Was gonna do 1 VIT 3 STR 1 DEX. I hear many build for barbs these days so idk. But was basically wondering for the pvp part. I don't wanna be a sin EVERYBODY has one or uses one. Typically when I see someone lose on their other char they wanna bring their sin lol. But yea was wondering bc I do plan to pvp at some point. Thank you for taking the time to read this, look forward to hearing good helpful replies. I just couldn't find an updated thread on pvp guide for barbs against classes. Tyvm

Barbs are amazing class for TW, 1v1 AND mass PK - at r9r2 anyway.

Demon Strength is best PK build yes, however due to new sage tiger form (no more dmg reduction in tiger form + chi gain) then sage is not that much worse!! Sage bestial onslaught also has 100% accuracy which solves your poor accuracy issues. Finally Sage also offers you the option to re-stat to full vitality if your faction is in desperate need of cata pullers.

Forget the stat distribution formula. That stuff is non sense. Just see what gears you can afford and see what DEX you need, then stat the rest into STR. Arguably you can stat an extra 40-60 points into DEX for bonus crit % (ofc you also gain some accuracy but that is irrelevant as you'll come to notice during pvp - when you miss with lv11 bloodbath + 2 G12 ambers in your weapon on an arcane class...) This also leads on to if sharding garnets will be better than Ambers in your weapon. You can always rely on the 100% accuracy skills + tangling mire.

If you refine +10 or higher then you don't really need Vitality. You should be tanky enough.

Everybody uses sins because they are amazing farmers + deadly in any form of PvP. Tidal protection can make them so damn tanky!!

P.S full strength (demon/sage) is OP DD in any PvE instance. b:shocked

TL;DR If you can afford good gears go barb. If you only want to kill and not pull cata then go Demon Strength build. Don't stress about 5 point/level distribution. Look at final gear requirements and build to that. Rest into STR, possibly some extra in DEX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The best PVP-build ish demon str. barb.

Str.-barb hits insanely high, but demon str.-barb also has spammable demon Bestial Onslaught, that gives extra 35%/40% crit rate for 6 secs. As it's spammable, that means a demon str. barb has pretty much perma-60%+ crit. rate easily which, with SacriStrike/GoF-weapon, means lots of zerkcrits!
    Kitty's actually has both sage and demon str. barb and Kitty hates playing sage str. due to its inferior damage compared to demon('cause demon BO).

Str.-barb's build ish something about 60-100 dex(according to your taste) and rest to str.

If you want to be extremely tanky(while only being able to kill with Arma...if it doesn't miss like usual), sage vit. barb ish the way to go.
    The build for vit. barb ish just enough dex./str. with gears on to equip weapon and rest to vit.

If you want to be almost as tanky while being able to kill something too, you can go demon vit. barb. That way you'll have demon BO's critrate boost and infamous demon Sunder-Arma(maybe strongest combo in this game) available for use.
    And as demon Sunder-Arma tends to kill everything, demon vit. barb might be even tankier than sage vit. barb as sometimes offense ish the best defence <.< >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have a sage vit build "almost" with endgame gear...

In my experience, I have a hard time to kill somebody (With same gear I got or superior), it takes time to prepare a kill, I'd have to purge the other person, wait for the right time to use the sequence of skills, and pray for critics /zerk critics.

But on the other hand, I can tell you, nobody has it easy to take me down. No matter if they have better gear than me. No matter if I'm purged...
    They gotta work it out, to bring me down... or one of those awesome skills sequences to deal massive damage (Example, wizzy one), if they catch me with guard down (like, i could have used invoke, solid shield, cornered, AD, etc to defend myself)..

Some people in fact, get bored at fighting me and leave me, since Im preparing the kill (wich as i said, takes time), and they don't deal enough damage to make it interesting. (during NW battles by example). If they're undergeared, I just simple ignore them, and focus on the goal (Example, bring down the towers during a bridge battles), after a while and noticing it'll be impossible to bring me down, they give up and move forward.

During any MASS PK, u gotta work with your team to bring down strong enemies. Unless they got lower gear than me, i more likely wont be able to bring them down by myself but. I can debuff the stronger ones, purge them, pick on the healers, etc... Plus, NOBODY targets the JOSD+11 barb so, I have plenty freedom to do w/e i want. You can knockdown the flying enemies (with a good chance to deal high damage to AA/LA ones or killing them)
    Raging slap is a great factor for mass PK too, to force ppl to attack you. You squad will be pleased to have the stronger enemy DD off form them, for at least 8 seconds :)
  • KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide
    KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    snip snip snip snip

Yes that is also a good option. Full vit spam arma with ToP/Mire in mass PK after they have used their apoth/genies or whenever you see mass stun hf :D. Alternatively run around spamming occult ice and celestial sword on genie with a purge weapon on then help keep them knocked down while the DD kill them off. Barbs are usually killed last regardless of vit build :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    First off...Accuracy is the most important thing for a PvP-STR-Built barb. Surely it doesnt effect your fights vs Arcanes much...but vs other heavy classes and especially LA classes you just need all the accu you can get. If you end up having 8k Accu in demon Bloodbath you're good to go in most situations.

Demon Str-Built barbs with the right genie are still the best you can play with if you wanna 1on1. There is not a single class which could just wreck you. You will habe a chance of winning vs any other class depending on your skill in relatively easy fashion.

Personally I ended up having 100 dex/rest str on my barb. Works amazingly well :p
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    barb in endgame pvp in one word: Broken
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    mulier wrote: »
    barb in endgame pvp in one word: Broken
    1. Not helpful
    2. Necro​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​