Update to venomancer Guide/builds?

Cute_Stalker - Heavens Tear
Cute_Stalker - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Venomancer
Hello all,

I havent played for several years and I am wondering what exactly has been going on? I see the forums are very dead, is a venomancer no longer a viable class to use?

If anyone would be kind enough to kinda throw some info my way as to what has happened and where the venomancer class seems to be heading, I would really appreciate it.

As far as my background,

lvl 72 Venomancer with Herc, I use robes, and do the 9 magic -1 strength until 55 build.

Any help or even just plain old talking would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

b:bye
Post edited by Cute_Stalker - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello all,

I havent played for several years and I am wondering what exactly has been going on? I see the forums are very dead, is a venomancer no longer a viable class to use?

If anyone would be kind enough to kinda throw some info my way as to what has happened and where the venomancer class seems to be heading, I would really appreciate it.

As far as my background,

lvl 72 Venomancer with Herc, I use robes, and do the 9 magic -1 strength until 55 build.

Any help or even just plain old talking would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Venus are still very good to use in pvp/per and the pure magic build is the best now due to nv3 and 3r9 gear. Very good as support with purge and amp, and can even take down players if red worm (primal skill) price for 0 p def
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Venomworm can't proc for 0 pdef, that's demon ironwood that does that. Demon venomworm's proc gives a 180% of gear value pdef debuff, which with buffs and passives is unlikely to reduce pdef to 0.

If you check the other class forums, they're pretty dead too. The whole forum isn't nearly as active as it used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To add to what the other posters have already written:

Venomancer is still a viable class. It's good for both PvP and PvE and is generally sought after. Not as much as Cleric, Barbarian etc. but it's still wanted/needed.

All builds are still viable for PvE (pure magic, vit build, heavy armor, light armor) so it's up to you. For PvP it's usually pure magic R9rr or vit build R9rr. There are a few well geared heavy armor Venomancers, but those are rare nowadays.

Endgame gear is R9rr or G16 Nirvana. You need R9rr to compete but it's expensive. G16 Nirvana is farm-able, much weaker than R9rr but for PvE Nirvana gear is all you need.

There are a bunch of new things for you to check out, including new pet evolution for Venomancers at level 100. I suggest looking at the Venomancer stickies in this forum, they are still up to date. You will find most of the information you need there. For extra features, check guides in the beginner and dungeon sub-forums.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello all,

As far as my background,

From a pve standpoint, venos are still pretty desirable. Amp is always appreciated, and for some 100+ dungeons, purge is almost required.

Veno has always been my favorite class to have along b:cute