Iphone 6 or windows phone?

elyse789
elyse789 Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Off-Topic Discussion
Which phone do you guys recommend I get ? I like the iPhone 6 plus but I heard windows is is safer what do you guys think ?b:laugh I hate Samsung so don't recommend it for meb:bye
Post edited by elyse789 on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Blackberry.

Also, mandatory nokia 3310 comment.

100% Serious reply. b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • joebaggadonuts
    joebaggadonuts Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Windows phone. *** apple.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Android ftw.

Get Google Nexus if you don't like Samsung addons. Apple is shockingly overrated watch this video and Windows is just plain ****.

Also this is off topic so will likely get moved, though judging from your thread history more than likely closed and depth'ed by your favourite mod Kossy b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hate android with a passion, needlessly menu driven. Android phones r for ppl who can't afford an iphone b:laugh (commence the flames b:kiss )

iphone's just work, i cant say ive ever had any issues with them. Yah sure poor battery times but most phones will have

I've heard more ppl who bought an android phone say "I wish i had got an iphone" than ive ever heard ppl say "wish i had bought an android phone" when they bought an iphone instead - I work for a company that sells phones

Windows phones, id hang off, still some things missing from their store, app wise, once they get Win 10 and universal apps working then id imagine they will be much better. My mrs moved from an iphone 4s to windows 8.1 phone and hated it, sold it on fleabay 2 weeks later and went back to her iphone 4s
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    inb4 this gets closed like all your other threads....General Discussion is for discussing anything PERFECT WORLD RELATED as per the description of the thread...seeing as how this is not related to PWI this shouldn't be here. I don't see why you get off making troll threads but there are those of us here that actually come here for good reasons...wonder how many times you can make these troll threads before you get forum banned LOL....not that is matters since forums won't be here too too much longer.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
    edited May 2015
    I hate android with a passion, needlessly menu driven. Android phones r for ppl who can't afford an iphone b:laugh (commence the flames b:kiss )

iphone's just work, i cant say ive ever had any issues with them. Yah sure poor battery times but most phones will have

I've heard more ppl who bought an android phone say "I wish i had got an iphone" than ive ever heard ppl say "wish i had bought an android phone" when they bought an iphone instead - I work for a company that sells phones.

Haha nah won't flame you but just like to add, I had an iPhone when people were still buying nokias and stuck with iPhones all the way up to the iPhone 4S still sitting in my drawer, the main reasons I moved away;

1. No replaceable battery - why limit yourself to 6 hours battery life, better off with a nokia in that case
    2. No expandable memory option - for data/movie/music junkies
    3. No ownership of your own data (Apple iCloud got **** hard and so many celeb noods posted online)
    4. It went from being a smartphone for nerds to a smartphone for dummies/teen girls, the real innovations and technological jumps were being dictated by Android and Apple was just copying it much later on and this hasn't changed
    5. I got tired of having to re-download all my apps music and movies every single bloody update.
    6. 'Innovations' like FaceTime almost felt like a patronising slap to the face when existing software did the same thing but better on other phones
    7. I don't want a smartphone that 'just works' I want one that excels in what I need it to do

My mum loves her iPhone though, and in tech just because something is shinier and more popular doesn't mean it's better, the actual hardware in Apple's is of a lower quality than in Samsung phones for example, and the software side being open source therefore highly innovative and light years ahead of Apples iOS, so why would you pay more for an inferior & dated product - just doesn't make any sense to me.

When I pick up my sisters iPhone it seems like I went back in time, it's now frustratingly basic and annoying to use.

Also Google is a far more potent and intelligent company to trust my data/phone future with than with Apple. Apple had a great product but failed to innovate and have fallen behind again and will most likely suffer the same fate as they did with Macs and PCs.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    inb4 this gets closed like all your other threads....General Discussion is for discussing anything PERFECT WORLD RELATED as per the description of the thread...seeing as how this is not related to PWI this shouldn't be here. I don't see why you get off making troll threads but there are those of us here that actually come here for good reasons...wonder how many times you can make these troll threads before you get forum banned LOL....not that is matters since forums won't be here too too much longer.

I dont know if it will be closed or not. Just moved to off topic discusion probably.
    Dont seem to be a troll thread but I dont know for sure knowing the OP made alot of toll threads in the nearly past.
    Thats why I am telling people to stop making so much toll threads one after other. Cause when they will make a normal thread people wont take them serious.
    giphy.gif

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont know if it will be closed or not. Just moved to off topic discusion probably.
    Dont seem to be a troll thread but I dont know for sure knowing the OP made alot of toll threads in the nearly past.
    Thats why I am telling people to stop making so much toll threads one after other. Cause when they will make a normal thread people wont take them serious.

Good point...I forgot they had an off topic thread....which is amusing because if I really wanted to talk about something off topic I would go chat it up somewhere else....PWI players aren't well known for their intelligence...no offense to ANYONE on forums of course.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah android apps..phones...the screens are so slow and sluggish in response time.Who cares about battery time because that's what a charger is for and stop being on the phone so much.And 95% of the people who have a phone with a changeable battery don't have a extra battery.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah android apps..phones...the screens are so slow and sluggish in response time.Who cares about battery time because that's what a charger is for and stop being on the phone so much.And 95% of the people who have a phone with a changeable battery don't have a extra battery.

Stop running android on your toaster then.
    I remember running iOS on several devices, with each update it got more and more sluggish because, well, Apple.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is not computer better than one-finger device ?

All actions done on "phones" can be done better using computer (except phone calls).

Worst new computer is better than best new "phone".
    edited May 2015
    Is not computer better than one-finger device ?

All actions done on "phones" can be done better using computer (except phone calls).

..that's kinda why it's called a mobile, not too sure my computer would fit in my pocket b:sweat
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ..that's kinda why it's called a mobile, not too sure my computer would fit in my pocket b:sweat

Buy new clothes b:shutup
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I haven't been reading or paying attention to this thread, but these statements are both wrong and ignorant.

First off, these modern day phones are computers. Secondly, the worst laptops coming out are in fact weaker than my phone and can not process as much per second. Before making such blanketed statements, do some research. Modern phones are quite a bit more powerful than you seem to think.

Edit: And in case the statement was meant as a statistical viewpoint, that does not work very well because the statements are too vague and open for interpretation.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got Lumia and man is it a terrible phone. It randomly blackscreens, its still responsive but its pretty hard to do anything seeing none of the options. Only way I have managed to fix the issue is blindly shutting the phone and restarting, which is painful at times. Sure, it could be just my individual phone that is **** but my brother had the same model, it went to warranty repairer god knows how often and in the end he got a new phone, android I believe. I advice to stay far away from any phone using the cause of so many tears Microsoft calls OS.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I so, so, so badly want to burn you at the stake for this comment. b:angry

Personally, my husband had a Windows phone. We both hated it with a passion. I had an iPhone, hated it with a passion. He has the newest iPhone, and continually looks at my Note 4 with envy. I haven't looked back. In fact, Samsung produces such amazing hardware, I went out and bought a 4k curved UHD & soundbar made by Samsung.

Android is by far the best Mobile OS on the consumer market readily available today. Windows is failing miserably in the Mobile market, so bad, they continually cut off updates and additions to the Marketplace.

Apple produces decent hardware but mucks it up with a terrible, rigid OS that is not user nor tech friendly. And Appleheads are sheep. Do you want to be sheep?
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't think you should have to choose between just an iPhone or Windows Phone. There are many manufactures and three main operating systems. Samsung, Apple, HTC, Nokia, Windows, OnePlusOne, Motorola, Google, etc.

I upgrade my iPhone every two years, and have been doing this since the 3GS. I subsequently jailbreak my phone, and unlock its full potential by being able to install unsigned code. Android has really grown over the last few years, and I also enjoy that. However, I do feel that stability-wise and ease of use on the go, has prompted me to always go with Apple.

Both OS's have great features. I've often considered making the switch to a Galaxy S device by Samsung, or even grabbing a Google Nexus device (I have the 2013 Nexus tablet). At the end of the day, iPhones have served me well.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I so, so, so badly want to burn you at the stake for this comment. b:angry

Personally, my husband had a Windows phone. We both hated it with a passion. I had an iPhone, hated it with a passion. He has the newest iPhone, and continually looks at my Note 4 with envy. I haven't looked back. In fact, Samsung produces such amazing hardware, I went out and bought a 4k curved UHD & soundbar made by Samsung.

Android is by far the best Mobile OS on the consumer market readily available today. Windows is failing miserably in the Mobile market, so bad, they continually cut off updates and additions to the Marketplace.

Apple produces decent hardware but mucks it up with a terrible, rigid OS that is not user nor tech friendly. And Appleheads are sheep. Do you want to be sheep?

Baa b:laugh :P the statement was designed to evoke a strong response lol

Na im not an apple fanboy, just find iphones much easier to use. I have had great use of android, windows phones and iphones. I have a couple of android tablets also. Its strange as i find android tablets better than ipads/windows tablets but find Apple phones better than the others

I dont use itunes as it stinks and tend to use something like mediamonkey as u can easily add and remove songs rather than wait for itunes to replace everything on ur iphone just cause u add one track b:chuckle

Samsung make good phones but they also make **** ones too. Apple dont.... well unless it bends
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015
    I haven't been reading or paying attention to this thread, but these statements are both wrong and ignorant.

First off, these modern day phones are computers. Secondly, the worst laptops coming out are in fact weaker than my phone and can not process as much per second. Before making such blanketed statements, do some research. Modern phones are quite a bit more powerful than you seem to think.

Edit: And in case the statement was meant as a statistical viewpoint, that does not work very well because the statements are too vague and open for interpretation.

I mean, that computer has better ergonomic characteristics, larger display and you can't deny it.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Haha nah won't flame you but just like to add, I had an iPhone when people were still buying nokias and stuck with iPhones all the way up to the iPhone 4S still sitting in my drawer, the main reasons I moved away;

1. No replaceable battery - why limit yourself to 6 hours battery life, better off with a nokia in that case
    2. No expandable memory option - for data/movie/music junkies
    3. No ownership of your own data (Apple iCloud got **** hard and so many celeb noods posted online)
    4. It went from being a smartphone for nerds to a smartphone for dummies/teen girls, the real innovations and technological jumps were being dictated by Android and Apple was just copying it much later on and this hasn't changed
    5. I got tired of having to re-download all my apps music and movies every single bloody update.
    6. 'Innovations' like FaceTime almost felt like a patronising slap to the face when existing software did the same thing but better on other phones
    7. I don't want a smartphone that 'just works' I want one that excels in what I need it to do

My mum loves her iPhone though, and in tech just because something is shinier and more popular doesn't mean it's better, the actual hardware in Apple's is of a lower quality than in Samsung phones for example, and the software side being open source therefore highly innovative and light years ahead of Apples iOS, so why would you pay more for an inferior & dated product - just doesn't make any sense to me.

When I pick up my sisters iPhone it seems like I went back in time, it's now frustratingly basic and annoying to use.

Also Google is a far more potent and intelligent company to trust my data/phone future with than with Apple. Apple had a great product but failed to innovate and have fallen behind again and will most likely suffer the same fate as they did with Macs and PCs.

^^ This.

If you want something that's just functional, Apple is fine.
    If you want to actually USE your phone, go with Android.
    Windows 10 phone, may not be that bad, but personally, I'd give it another year to see if it's actually viable on a mobile device that isn't a tablet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I mean, that computer has better ergonomic characteristics, larger display and you can't deny it.

Well, do you mean display (actual DPI/PPI) or resolution? Modern phones have 1080p resolution as a standard now. Some are even pushing that to 1440p and above. They are quite sharp looking and you can read things quite easily IMO. Especially since the phone displays are starting to get larger-and-larger. Which at some point I can only hope that they get replaced by something like this (click here), minus the liberal usage of graphics that should be considered unrealistic expectations.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015
    Well, do you mean display (actual DPI/PPI) or resolution? Modern phones have 1080p resolution as a standard now. Some are even pushing that to 1440p and above. They are quite sharp looking and you can read things quite easily IMO. Especially since the phone displays are starting to get larger-and-larger. Which at some point I can only hope that they get replaced by something like this (click here), minus the liberal usage of graphics that should be considered unrealistic expectations.

I not mean resolution.

Even having best resolution for tiny screen you will need to enlarge to see something.

Though if they will name computer-sized thing "phone" ...
This discussion has been closed.