New update PvP discussion

Comments

• glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    He said already, that he has 90% physical damage reduction and not need Stone barrier.

Do you know other useful buffs for Wizard ?

You are not good as sophist, sorry.
    1st. I just notice it wasn't self buffed (and one person here was rude with posting another person about this issue).
    So it's no more no less I just put rude & incompetent person on its place.

2nd. Your question.
    It's not all "buffes" ofc, but it's usefull skills. Am I wrong ?
    http://ipic.su/?page=img&pic=1-1.1429720360.png
    http://ipic.su/?page=img&pic=1-2.1429720386.png
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • glaesum
    edited April 2015
    Venos can get buffs whenever they nerf 0 pdef into the ground.

Mag def as wellb:pleased

But.. but.. if about p.def.. we don't fight as "fox warrior" a lot and out pets... so squishy. So...
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    glaesum wrote: »
    Mag def as wellb:pleased

But.. but.. if about p.def.. we don't fight as "fox warrior" a lot and out pets... so squishy. So...

They have buffs (skills, which you can apply).
    Because a venomancer's pet is vital to her survival it is important to learn and level the skills appropriate for her pet to compliment her fighting style. Each pet comes with their own original skills, but skills can be forgotten or learned at Mrs. Zoologist or Zoologist Yin in Archosaur by purchasing a Forget Scroll or Skill Scroll, or leveled up by purchasing a Tame Book.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Pet_Skills
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    psy is teh best now - cause ....
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cause we have no pdef buff?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    White Voodoo is effectively a pdef and mdef buff (and matk debuff).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wow are all sactuary players a congregation of ******* or the only exceptions are the ones posting on forum?

You know wizard doesnt have a mag atk self buff do you? a self buffed wizard compared to a self buffed cleric wont show different damage values respect the ones showed in my screenshots

also we were talking about damage not resistances,

a self buffed cleric with 900 less gear value (weapon damage) which is actually a lot, has already better base damage than a wizard

moreover the cleric can DPS and the wizard cannot.

that's a mere fact, everyone else claiming the contrary is just deluded or talking sh.it

and in the pwcalcs posted by spicylovah he conveniently unchecked passives, buffs masteries w.e. and didnt throw ultraviolet into the cleric

so really stop talking ****

cleric DPS just spamming ciclone will always have a better DPS output respect a wizard cicling divine pyro stone rain sandfall

hell by the time i cast a d pyro i have received 2 cyclones already...

that's the point.

Wizard skillset is designed for DPH, but the game came to a point where the skill damage output is composed for its 80-90% by the base damage value, and wizard has not a base damage value that can allow him a solid DPH

And as i said already, other arcane classes for which DPS is viable, even outDPH wizards because of this reason

P.S.: also since this glaesum is another big guy talking ****, lemme tell you about how stone barrier at full buffed endgame dont change a thing since i got 38k p def without it that is 90,30%, and i touch 45k pdef with it which is like 91%something

anyways i might understand all this hate from sanctuary guys... that rerolled on morai, talk **** and spam all the day long the world chat to trade items from server to server, it's not my fault if your gears now are **** and you get deleted in pvp and you QQ wizard is overpowered 30mt blade tempest shotted me... ******n noobs
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    glaesum wrote: »
    You are not good as sophist, sorry.
    1st. I just notice it wasn't self buffed (and one person here was rude with posting another person about this issue).
    So it's no more no less I just put rude & incompetent person on its place.

2nd. Your question.
    It's not all "buffes" ofc, but it's usefull skills. Am I wrong ?
    http://ipic.su/?page=img&pic=1-1.1429720360.png
    http://ipic.su/?page=img&pic=1-2.1429720386.png

Sorry, it was not useful for me at all, since during attack of boss I not need them.

For you - may be.

Sutra and spark are so common, that I not mentioned them though.

Edit:

You had shown level 1 Elemental Masteries .... for what ?

Wizards have skills, but that they have worse dps, list of above skills can't change, but prove it.
  • glaesum
    edited April 2015
    P.S.: also since this glaesum is another big guy talking ****, lemme tell you about how stone barrier at full buffed endgame dont change a thing since i got 38k p def without it that is 90,30%, and i touch 45k pdef with it which is like 91%something

I'm not a guy, and i'm not a big. So sorry for share our time and let's finish it.
    I hope u'll keep enjoy with shooting NPCs and QQme with "cyclone spam".
    I tried just explain "cleric on self = no more 2nd clerics buffs" vs "wizzy on self =may add clerics buff (even w.o. cleric)".
    That's all.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    White Voodoo is effectively a pdef and mdef buff (and matk debuff).

K that's reasonable; WV scales fairly well.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cause we have no pdef buff?

cause we got red tide
  • glaesum
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, it was not useful for me at all, since during attack of boss I not need them.

For you - may be.

Sutra and spark are so common, that I not mentioned them though.

Edit:

You had shown level 1 Elemental Masteries .... for what ?

Wizards have skills, but that they have worse dps, list of above skills can't change, but prove it.

Here 2 points.
    - PvE. So hard for wizzy gets buffes ?! So big difference in some seconds ?! What is the object of discussion here ?!
    - PvP like PK (on pvp servers), NW, TW = full (as possible) buffs. Duels (aka "PvP"), well may also "fight" w.o. some gear, cards also. Why not ?

And I really funny with one moment "cyclone spam". Sorry but stunned / silenced or even dead character doesn't deal damage. I hope everyone know it.
    Cleric ofc has control skills, but if cleric will try kill his target (not work just on survive) it has less chances to survive at the end then wizzy.

And as result, as I said, dead cleric 'snt allowed to "cyclone spam" and survived wizzy still able to deal damage.

to edit.

I personally since long time ago have got wood immune on genie. For me, historically, vilest enemies were venos. Now we also have mysts too.

If it's freaking duel (like self-buffed etc) I even may use against single cleric genie with heart of steel. I think cleric will enjoy it, isn't it ?
    And cleric..or another class.. for "duel" against single unbuffed wizzy.. 3 mag immune skills on genie.. right ? and which use? hilarious.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just realised this hp increase is also a nerf to IG, its a sad day after all b:cry KossyWossy can you please create a subforum where I can cry about how much this game sux cuz IGs are less effective
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • glaesum
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, but during "debuff" I will hit once and will have more dps per period of "debuff".

I tested above many times.

Same about most "control" skills of Wizard:some of them not work in PvE, rest reduce dps of Wizard during fight with mob (I even not say boss, because it is impossible to use control skills of Wizard on boss).

I don't understand you. Also I don't see any "fatal unfair" for endgame characters in PvE.
    I thought Hot said about PvP. So I noticed dead character doesn't deal damage. It's easy for understanding I think (even if suggest someone just has known how "cyclone spam" in pvp xD)

About buff ... spark and you have buff as any other class ? That, what you mean ?

Can you show, how outdps Assassin, for example, using above method ?

Hm. I again don't understand you. Before "event" you can buff youself with your alts,your co-guilds and friends buff you also. In process - you're free to use buff pills (if u'r purged and anyone rebuff you asap) etc.

Add.

I'm not a sin. So i'm sorry but I wont inference in their gameplay.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can we get an open letter going to PWCN asking them to change this update? I really think it is unfair to our wizbros. Every update that brings skill changes things get worse and worse; I know because I always see the same people crying about it every time an update rolls around.

Clearly devs know nothing about true endgame PvP and want to take all the fun away from skilled players who work hard on their gears. This is unjust. Some classes should be able to easily kill every other class and not be countered; it's like the devs don't even understand what good PvP is.

DW wizbros, we are all supporting you in this crusade of justice.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wow are all sactuary players a congregation of ******* or the only exceptions are the ones posting on forum?

We have to pvp on forums cause it's better than server pvp.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Least our wizzies kill shizz and don't whine so much.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can we get an open letter going to PWCN asking them to change this update? I really think it is unfair to our wizbros. Every update that brings skill changes things get worse and worse; I know because I always see the same people crying about it every time an update rolls around.
    CN doesn't have this issue because their player base isn't half as cashed out as ours, they won't give a rats *** about a letter from any of the western community

Clearly devs know nothing about true endgame PvP and want to take all the fun away from skilled players who work hard on their gears. This is unjust. Some classes should be able to easily kill every other class and not be countered; it's like the devs don't even understand what good PvP is.
    Clearly the devs don't care about the western version endgame pvp, because they cater to CN, not US. The devs create it towards their biggest audience, which is not us.

No we're not, speak for yourself.

Also, can this thread be renamed to "Yet another wizards are so weak thread?".
    PvP is a joke in this game anyway because of redonculous power creep.

Maybe they'll "balance" it out in a few years, like they did with APS, after years of ******** and moaning.
    Then again not like that changed a lot, sins are still the scapegoat of MUH OP
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Prease understand, I'm totally sympathizing with wizbros and archers. You guys definitely have it rough.

Not being able to easily kill another class who is also endgame is totally unfair. I mean this game isn't really fun unless it is easy, I definitely understand. You don't invest time and money into this game and still have to deal with challenges after all.

Sins are totally OP too. So many hits and OP buffs! Why does CN favor sins so much???

Time to reroll I guess. Standing in the back line dishing one shotting the massesis just a thing of the past. b:surrender

If you're gonna reroll now, roll storm or dusk for DPS. PWI has a history of heavily favoring newer classes. I don't see that changing any time soon. Wizzies do have a function as sustained DPS in PvE settings, but yea, in PvP terms the class became more or less obsolete since New Horizons. Then again, the same can be said of Archers.

1v1 PVP is so crooked I'm not even bothering with it - the odd dual with people I respect, sure... but class versus class balance isn't something PWCN seems to be too concerned with. The game is balanced towards mass PvP slugfests, where class synergies come into play. Even there the wizzie and archer are kinda weak, 'though a HFd or amp'd target is still very vulnerable to a DPH toon. Requires coordination on when to launch that nuke...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2015

lawl sarcasm

pwch devs set the pvp balance upon very endgame gears, and upon a different version of r9r3 sets
    chinese r9r3 sets allow way lower base damage values with an increase of attack levels,
    also chinese devs set the balance upon S+ card set

so here is the 2 big differences...
    the pvp balance set in this game by wanmei didnt include this super-high base damage values but instead promoted better damage multipliers (atk lvls)

also the fact that in western pwi we cannot afford S sets (S+ sets arent even released) gave us a less than proportional damage increase respect resistances

(base damage increase is linear respect gear value increase, resistances damage reduction increase is less than proportional respect gear value increase...

therefore having S cards means having 60-70% of S+ cards base damage, but it means also having 95-99% of S+ cards damage reduction coming from resistances value)

so what happened... we found ourselves @ endgame with completely unbalanced base damage values (but still lower than what designed)

we found ourselves with 50ish less attack levels (basically a passive damage amp), therefore classes with other damage amps\passive amps got the upperhand

we found ourselves with almost cap resistances values, getting pretty much everyone way too tanky at endgame.

Let's hope the new Astrolabe gears will bring some more balance giving to each class something really useful and not stats\attributes thrown there at random, eventho i've a bad feeling about that and inb4 50k base damage assassins

also i didnt say wizards can't kill thing, they surely can but they need to outgear, they need to be endgame they need the target to don't know how a wizard works, and they really struggle if compared to other DD classes (not even DDs, even support classes outDPS\outDPH wizards)

i mean, in mass pvp where everyone is at least pill buffed, to deal the same damage a psychic deals with my same level gears with a black voodoo'd aqua impact, i need to 3spark undine spark d. pyrogram

and i cannot DPS that damage cause of channelling+cast+cooldown times + resources used, psychic can (and the same concept applies to ultraviolet clerics DPS, demon mystic nv as sd nv as combo, sbs DPS and venos 0def DPH (the skill has a 6 sec cd)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    we found ourselves with 50ish less attack levels (basically a passive damage amp), therefore classes with other damage amps\passive amps got the upperhand

What in the world are you smoking? China r999 weapon has 5-20 more attack levels, and our armor set has 3 more attack levels. Giving them an advantage of 2-17. Nowhere close to 50.

I also don't believe you know what the devs in China used to balance around, since you are not a Chinese developer. It is much more likely they balance around rank 8 gear, since that is the common gear and very few have rank 9 over there.

If I'm not mistaken, S+ cards aren't released in China either. So that shouldn't even enter the thoughts of someone doing balancing work.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2015
    What in the world are you smoking? China r999 weapon has 5-20 more attack levels, and our armor set has 3 more attack levels. Giving them an advantage of 2-17. Nowhere close to 50.

I also don't believe you know what the devs in China used to balance around, since you are not a Chinese developer. It is much more likely they balance around rank 8 gear, since that is the common gear and very few have rank 9 over there.

If I'm not mistaken, S+ cards aren't released in China either. So that shouldn't even enter the thoughts of someone doing balancing work.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/36348
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/35763

70+40 weapon +25 set = 135atk lvls
    and you could even notice this difference the day they released the nightshade patch, when our NW forges were screwed up, you could see chinese weapon addons in the forges

while we have
    30 from set and 40+20 average = 90atk lvls

= 45 atk level more.

what do i smoke bro? i guess you should suggest me your drug dealer ^^

i am not a chinese dev but surely they have set the pvp balance around their r9r3 and at least nuema portal set.
    cause surely at our current average endgame (our r9r3 + random S cards) game is not balanced at all
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pwdb is reading the wrong data there. When you manufacture the weapon it only has 70. That 40 would only appear if a mob dropped the weapon. For most weapons these tables were the same so they are easy to confuse with eachother but the devs aren't consistent with the newer stuff.

There isn't all that much difference between the pwcn and pwi r999 other than looks. Theirs has more defense / soulforce (belt) / channeling / interval but ours tends to come out a bit better offensively due to having +100 damage stat.

The main difference is that most people there have R8r armor + warsoul weapons while here it's all R999 (also they don't have any jones blessing). Their armor is rarely above +8 and no one has any NW gear.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    You counted the extra addons? Dude you just forum pk'd yourself. Should have known those don't exist from all the discussions about warsoul weapons already. b:bye
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2015
    You counted the extra addons? Dude you just forum pk'd yourself. Should have known those don't exist from all the discussions about warsoul weapons already. b:bye

when we had the nw forge bugs,
    you could read the +70 +40 in the forge, i am quite sure about this cause i almost tried to go for a weapon
    but oh well the concept is basically the same, china don't have the 100 attribute stats which gives us a great increase in base damage
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• jspwione
    jspwione Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wizards are already one of the worst classes and this update screws them more. Right now the only wizards that can kill my +10 exclusive sharded mystic have deity stones. With 25% more hp no wizard is killing me ever.

Archers... I think came out alright. Archers win by surviving long enough for purge to go off, and the extra hp will help them more than the longer charm ticks will hurt.

Mystics came out the best in this expansion. In the land of no charm ticks the insta-heal is king. Plus they were already a dps class.

Clerics were stealth-nerfed. They have the heals to survive with fewer charm ticks but they won't be able to use ultraviolet dance mode as freely.

Classes with few/very limited heals (stormbringer, veno, etc.) are going to hate those longer charm ticks.

Your mystic is in Sanctuary? If yes, I'm sure at least a couple of non-deity wizards killed you before. Proper mystics are pretty rare in Sanctuary.
    you guys need to experience endgame and probably also experience wizard class, else you are just talking ****

if you dont know the difference between DPH and DPS its your ignorance

if you dont know that a wizard hardly can bypass an HA at endgame its your ignorance

if you dont know that the more hits you land the more the new passives will debuff your charm cooldown it's your ignorance and wiz has longest chann + cast

wanna talk **** mr bm?

a 3spark ice prison undine spark divine pyro crit with 55k base damage is 14k damage on an endgame bm

give them 25% more hp = 40k hp = no chance i am going to bypass that

p.s.: new patch doesnt shaft sins cause they have the highest DPS in game atm, their sequence of fast hits will bring your charm instantly to max cooldown debuff value, that combined with the huge DPS is a really OP combo

When are gonna realize Wizards were never meant to be a specialist at finishing? Just look at Wizards' skill set. Stop trying to be in the frontline going rambo unless you massively 'outgear' your opponents. That's just the best tip I can give to any clueless wizards now.

If you look at the damage formula for their skills especially at pre-sage/demon, most of them have above average damage output compared to most skills from other classes. Which is nothing special or fantastic if you take into account the longer channeling, cast and cool-down duration. Might sound stupid to point that out but people need to realize there's such a thing as mid game to pre-endgame.

Wizards have limited access to attack/defense levels, buffs/debuffs and skill/s with damage formula/s that scale well with higher attack/attributes hence Wizards just don't scale well towards end-game and never ever will.

People who point out their extra range as a plus point also need to realize since the inclusion of Assassins and Seekers and certain newer skill/s like the Barbarian's Berserker's Rage, the range advantage that Archers had, and to some extent Wizards as well, have been easily countered.

IMO these counters to long range have to be lower in cast range to 30m-32m range even if that means the skills getting better effects, damage or lower cooldown. Everything will be so much more balanced because range will always be a factor at any point of the game and it's the only thing Archers have as their best card and should have it without all these instant counters.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    jspwione wrote: »
    Your mystic is in Sanctuary? If yes, I'm sure at least a couple of non-deity wizards killed you before. Proper mystics are pretty rare in Sanctuary.

My mystic is Mathew_Patel. And no, outside of ganks no wizard without deity shards has killed me in recent memory. They just don't have the sustained damage to overcome mystic healing.

There are tanky ones that are difficult for me to kill in return, but they don't do damage.
  • jspwione
    edited April 2015
    My mystic is Mathew_Patel. And no, outside of ganks no wizard without deity shards has killed me in recent memory. They just don't have the sustained damage to overcome mystic healing.

There are tanky ones that are difficult for me to kill in return, but they don't do damage.

Don't need to lie, come on. Not long ago, I saw this private video capturing some NW fights on my friend's youtube channel, there was this scene where your mystic Mathew_Patel had the flag and this wizard killed you with Blade Tempest and you weren't heavily debuffed. It was in third person view from an ally so even if I can't see the names of opponents I can tell who is who from what they're wearing.

That wizard was wearing some yukata while I can't remember his exact build but I'm sure he doesn't have any deity stone. I can try and ask the wizard in question in regards to his build and to confirm if he remember what damage he dealt.

Anyway I don't even know why are you deny this when there are videos out there showing wizards dealing 10-20k damage on other +10 casters with just undine and gush. We're not even talking about spark-fire combos or Bladetempest. And most of those videos are 1-2 years back and it was during pre-RB/primal and deity stone didn't exist back then and no caster were anywhere near having 900+ magic.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    So you kind of saw this video that may or may not have been me where a wizard you don't know killed a mystic but you don't know that wizard's gear. Oh, and the video's private so you can't link it to us. Wow, that is the weakest argument I think I've ever heard.

And two years ago isn't even remotely relevant. Primal defense passives changed the game massively. Here and now, wizards can't kill jack without deity stones.
  • jspwione
    edited April 2015
    So you kind of saw this video that may or may not have been me where a wizard you don't know killed a mystic but you don't know that wizard's gear. Oh, and the video's private so you can't link it to us. Wow, that is the weakest argument I think I've ever heard.

And two years ago isn't even remotely relevant. Primal defense passives changed the game massively. Here and now, wizards can't kill jack without deity stones.

Person recording was on your nation, you think I can't read the name of the mystic at some point of the vid??

There are only a handful of R9 mystics out there in sanctuary and there are quite a few non-deity R9 wizards and I'm sure at some point they have killed you so I don't know why you're making this claim wizards can't kill you without deity stone when you're just +10? That's a bull**** claim when non-deity wizards have killed more OP arcane classes like Psychics, Clerics and even the infamous tank class, Barbarians, you're saying they can't kill mystics? Now we don't even need any of these wizards to evencome here to rebuke your claim because it's nonsense.

Fact is no one in sanctuary even has a mystic that is even close to being top 25 in either kills or kill/death ratio, closest is OoAutumnoO with 4.3+ k/d and he/she is probably the best geared one and I'm sure he/she has died to non-deity wizards just like everyone else.

We're not talking about killing you in a really easy way so I don't know why you're making this claim, it's just pure game mechanics, not even +12 refines defensively can be immune to death to any other class with +12 weapon. Don't need high IQ to figure that out.