Aps duskblade?

Options
caius775
caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Duskblade
So before I start to me, I thought this would be a interesting thing to discuss for viable reasons and for simple fun. Now, messing with pwi calc if i did this correctly its possible to get 3.33 aps with standard aps gear, with tome and transformation. I'm assuming r8 comes with the same Int as all the other LA classes. Wind shield would jump this up to 4 aps. Someone might have to double check if i did all that correctly i sux in math lol.

So my thoughts in pve field mp drain is brutal especially spamming the spark loop and what not I kill mp charms like its water. Would a long stream of 4 aps in 30 seconds (TM's duration) and im guessing we could fit 2 demon sparks within that time span ( crit boost ) "Really" effective? I'm hoping it would be a way to deal good damage and conserve mp. Also I like the red auto attack animation lol im currently at 2 aps with TM and shield at lvl 62.

This is just a curious thought i had i wanted to share for hopefully something interesting to talk about. I Highly underestimated this class and im shocked at the things it can do. What are you guys thoughts?

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    caius775 wrote: »
    So before I start to me, I thought this would be a interesting thing to discuss for viable reasons and for simple fun. Now, messing with pwi calc if i did this correctly its possible to get 3.33 aps with standard aps gear, with tome and transformation. I'm assuming r8 comes with the same Int as all the other LA classes. Wind shield would jump this up to 4 aps. Someone might have to double check if i did all that correctly i sux in math lol.

So my thoughts in pve field mp drain is brutal especially spamming the spark loop and what not I kill mp charms like its water. Would a long stream of 4 aps in 30 seconds (TM's duration) and im guessing we could fit 2 demon sparks within that time span ( crit boost ) "Really" effective? I'm hoping it would be a way to deal good damage and conserve mp. Also I like the red auto attack animation lol im currently at 2 aps with TM and shield at lvl 62.

This is just a curious thought i had i wanted to share for hopefully something interesting to talk about. I Highly underestimated this class and im shocked at the things it can do. What are you guys thoughts?

It's definitely something to fall back on, but you really have to factor in total cost. MP isn't too expensive, it's more that most gets wasted if using 5k mana food. If you're spamming windshield and such to achive high APS, you're using p stones to avoid using mana.

It is a nice way to do some lazy killing, and will be great for boss killing interspersed with good combos to APS the boss in PV, but that is kind of what's great about duskblade. We can APS like a fister, while having really fast skills that cause status effects with many options for speed. And it doesn't suffer from the detriment many BM skills do of long animation times.
  • cyberwolfgang
    cyberwolfgang Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    hi guys im new to this...what gear is the Standard Aps?
This discussion has been closed.