Aziza Atori's guide to the mystic class: Mystics seen with a mystic's eyes

2»

Comments

• Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding the twins, I had to solo them when rest of the squad wiped. So yes it's possible.

Absorb Soul does generate agro, just not a lot of agro.

Thank you for confirming this^^ I like learning new neat tricks to use on my mystics .. it's those things that makes the class so fun to play. I feel things have become much better for mystics since I started to play somewhere in 2012. I don't know how it was on other servers at that time but on my server it was hard to get squads as a mystic and you rarely saw more than 1 mystic in same squad. Now us mystics are welcommed in most squads, I think people have realized we're more than flashy skills and flowersb:cute
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People didn't want mystics in squad or were saying mystics were.**** in PVP when the few existing mystics were undergeared and learning the class.
    Now you see more and more people telling that mystics are overpowered...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited February 2015
    I went rrr9 to start with because I was dead tirred of squads not wanting me just because I'm mystic though I wasn't bad at my class. Then I promised myself to gear up to not need squads (In some cases) ..that's how it started for me xD
    And a lot of alts...
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Talking about absorb soul..has any mystic tried to solo the twin bosses in AEU? I have a theory that a mystic with good damage can hit the elemental resist with absorb to it's near death (Tried it and the boss ignored me and kept hitting the npc) and then move to the physical resist one to kill that and then strike the deathblow on the element immune. I have not had an oppotunity to test a full solo yet but I would like to know if it's possible. If anyone has tried that I would like to know how it turned out.

You can use Devil Chihyu or Punishing Sting to cause some aggro-generating physical damage. Once the sting/devil dies the aggro the summon had cascades to yourself.
    L10 Absorb generates minimal aggro - akin to aggro-ing a mob by moving too close to it. *any* damage done to the mob or *any* heal effect on you causes you to lose that aggro. Reason for this is that Absorb Soul counts as a debuff, not a direct damage hit. (BM skill Blade Tornado/Sword Cyclone works the same way, which is why it sucks for pulls)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited February 2015
    Absorb soul is a funny skillb:chuckle Very useful too
    And a lot of alts...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't see why it would be a problem in this situation.

I have never tried to solo AEU because I don't see the use (need to much openers) but I could eventually try it just out of curiosity. I guess it's totally doable since the damage from the two bosses are not really high for and endgame mystic.

I used the word "problem" only as a reply as to what resulted in the boss focusing to the NPC instead of the mystic. b:chuckle But no, in most cases it is not a real problem to not generate aggro with that skill.
    Regarding the twins, I had to solo them when rest of the squad wiped. So yes it's possible.

I should have been more clear. It does not generate _real_ skill damage aggro.

Lesser aggro than from normal damage skills is generated by:
    Initial aggro (going to mob range), debuff aggro, heal aggro

Absorb soul and other skills like it are somewhere amongst that group.

Then there's aggro from skills/auto attacking, threat skills and stuns.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited February 2015
    It's hard for me to put words on exactly what absorb soul is. Description says magic attack but it works on element immune mobs ..does it mean it's a non-element skill but still magic? In pvp it's not useful against a HA which indicate it as physical skill...even after all this time as mystic absorb soul still amaze and surprise me. It's either the strangest skill of all or I'm not aware of the others since I just play mystic.
    And a lot of alts...
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a type "null" elemental attack whose damage is reduced by the opponent's physical defense. Elemental immunity usually blocks it but sometimes does not inside instances.
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ab soul is one of my favorite things about playing a mystic. It actually helps me take down some of the tankier AA's I fight in NW and TW. It catches most AA's completely off guard when they see an arcane class using tangling mire on them. But droping a creeper+mire and rapid usualy is enough to get their HP low enough that a "lucky" crit finishes them off or it kills them completely. And I just adore when sage rapid procs so beautiful b:dirty
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's hard for me to put words on exactly what absorb soul is. Description says magic attack but it works on element immune mobs ..does it mean it's a non-element skill but still magic? In pvp it's not useful against a HA which indicate it as physical skill...even after all this time as mystic absorb soul still amaze and surprise me. It's either the strangest skill of all or I'm not aware of the others since I just play mystic.

It is, in a nutshell, a ranged physical damage-over-time effect that triggers once and immediately. A bleed effect with no delay on it.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited February 2015
    It is, in a nutshell, a ranged physical damage-over-time effect that triggers once and immediately. A bleed effect with no delay on it.

But I still Wonder why The in game description calls it a magic attack
    And a lot of alts...
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Well, not always Absorb is useless against HA classes. For example if BM use ''Alter Marrow: Magical'' then i find better to use Rapid + Absorb on that (with Natures Vengeance debuff ofc.) and also if your attacks don't hit much to a HA class chances are the sharding on gear he/she have is pure mag defense which again absorb can work very well regardless the channeling. At least in my opinion.
    Nice guide btw~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for your feedback vitory..oh yes I didn't mention that benefit with absorb against marrow..but a benefit it is..I'm glad they picked us mystics to have absorb soul.
    And a lot of alts...
  • perfectbeltz
    perfectbeltz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nice guide btw aziza do u remember me? lol i'm in lost city server now and say hi from me to archsur b:laugh

b:bye

beltz, the mystic
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But I still Wonder why The in game description calls it a magic attack

Try to absorb the soul of Kun Kun and you shall gain deeper understanding of the skill's true nature.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
    edited February 2015
    nice guide btw aziza do u remember me? lol i'm in lost city server now and say hi from me to archsur b:laugh

b:bye

beltz, the mystic

Yes i remember. Thanks for your feedback :3 I hope you're happy on lost^^
    And a lot of alts...
  • micangelo1
    micangelo1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Nice. I'm glad to see a mystic guide. I almost do the same thing when i"m playing with my mystic. It's really fun to play because you can almost do all instances. And really challenging class to deal with.