All New Fashion Contest [Example included]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited January 2015 in Official Announcements
Starting 1/20, we'll be hosting an all new fashion contest in which you can win an exclusive fashion that we've never released before.

Here you will find all the details regarding the event. Keep in mind, I don't have a template yet, but I should have one in there by the end of the day. If you don't feel like waiting/don't need a template, just follow the rules and try to keep in mind a "fashion magazine" look for it, and you should be set.

Here's the blog post with all the details: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9061903-pwi-fashion-event%21

Example Image: http://imgur.com/0WatUuD

*You don't need to follow this 100%, this is just an example of what you can do. Also note, that's not fashion in the image, just regular gear. The contest however, requires you to use fashion.*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rathofdemise - Sanctuary
    Rathofdemise - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hm the reward is for only female fashion cool the men that play woman charters will be so happy
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The fashion item will be named after the winner.

Hell yes I will play, a male.

I can see it now, "GreenLegend Fashion"
    or "Legend Fashion"

Elitist may play to basically... leave their name in the game/server.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    Chibiusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mhm amazing fashion design events, that's what I love pwi for!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice. Good luck to all the participants.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Dark_Plague - Dreamweaver
    Dark_Plague - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The prizes for the Event are completely sexist and should be based on winners choice of female or male exclusive fashion!!
  • damir550
    damir550 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Or **** the contest,give us free EVENT GOLD CODE again and never put a fashion contest again cause only the ones who buy gold always win b:surrender pwi not fair with contests

Also please put some new fashion in EVENT GOLD if your not that selfish -_-

Like -

Jack Sparrow Fashion
    Assassin Creed Fashion
    Watch Dogs Fashion
    or
    I would agree on Sherlock Holmes fashion
  • Ellayth - Morai
    Ellayth - Morai Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's one thing I don't fully understand... so will this be design contest (as in create your own fashion with photoshop) or just fashion screenshot event?
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How many entries per person?
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • lunaperegrina
    lunaperegrina Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't mean to be negative
    but why start a new contest when the
    Dawn of Eclipse raffle isn't even being run as advertised?

Don't get me wrong, I love events and I love fash even more.
    I'm grateful for any event.
    Just doesn't make much sense to host a new event,
    when you could focus on other promos that are already going.

Anywho, good luck to participants.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I should have made myself a fashion designerb:cry
    giphy.gif

• Serpistica - Sanctuary
    Serpistica - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The prizes for the Event are completely sexist and should be based on winners choice of female or male exclusive fashion!!

I completely agree. It should have been for both, male and female. Nice move towards equality PWI <.<
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Relax ppl the fashion may not be worth the effort. At least thats what i think. I may be wrong.
    giphy.gif

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Important question for Sparky!

I've got the explanation of the template. I have only one question: can I add watermark to the picture, so I can protect it from art thieves? The watermark will contain a image and the url of my site. Otherwise I really won't partecipate, I can't loose my time and waste my skills and professionality with something that will be stealed and nobody will care.

In other words: who will keep the copyright of the submitted image? Me, PW games, you, the president?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Important question for Sparky!

I've got the explanation of the template. I have only one question: can I add watermark to the picture, so I can protect it from art thieves? The watermark will contain a image and the url of my site. Otherwise I really won't partecipate, I can't loose my time and waste my skills and professionality with something that will be stealed and nobody will care.

In other words: who will keep the copyright of the submitted image? Me, PW games, you, the president?

Unsure about the watermark but this is from the TOS in regards to all content posted on these forums. Posted some relevant sections of it. You can find the full TOS here. http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms You'll have to ask Sparkie for further information/questions.

TOS wrote:
    16.1The Service may include discussion forums, chat rooms, user feedback, messaging features, comments and other interactive areas or services (“Interactive Areas”) in which you or other users create, post, send or store any content, messages, materials, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, video, graphics, code or other items or materials on or through the Website (the “User Content”).

16.2User Content posted to the Website is publicly available and not confidential, and will become the sole property of PWE. We strongly recommend that you not publish any personal information about yourself or others.

16.8In consideration of your use of the Service and for as far as is possible and permitted by applicable mandatory law, you hereby irrevocably transfer and assign (and agree to assign) to PWE all right, title and interest in and to the User Content you create, post, store or transmit on or through the Service, including all intellectual property rights therein. If said assignment and transfer to PWE is not possible according to applicable mandatory law, you hereby agree that all rights, title and interest are assigned and transferred to PWBV. You hereby agree to cooperate with PWE and/or PWBV in connection with the protection thereof and shall execute such documents (like further deeds of transfer or assignment), if any, as needed by PWE and/or PWBV to perfect its rights hereunder.

16.9To the extent the foregoing assignments do not transfer any ownership interest in or to the User Content, you expressly grant to us and our licensors all consents, clearances and a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, complete, sub licensable and irrevocable right to re-post, publish, use, quote, adapt, translate, archive, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform, make, use, sell, offer for sale, import or otherwise exploit the User Content, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, acknowledgment or compensation to you. You waive and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in User Content.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • morenawolf
    edited January 2015
    Knowing this, I won't partecipate. I'm a professional artist, I would never sell my art for 50 euros (that's the price of 50 golds in Europe, even less in America), expecially thinking that I should create a very complex work made by 3 different images. And I would loose the copyright of my art even if I would not win the contest.

Sorry but no. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Knowing this, I won't partecipate. I'm a professional artist, I would never sell my art for 50 euros (that's the price of 50 golds in Europe, even less in America), expecially thinking that I should create a very complex work made by 3 different images. And I would loose the copyright of my art even if I would not win the contest.

Sorry but no. Have fun.
    But contests are for fun. Do you sell every piece of art you create? Never draw just for fun or pleasure? And it's not like you are loosing copyright of your art, you are free to publish it wherever you want. ToS means that PWE can use it too.

May I look at your works, please? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But contests are for fun. Do you sell every piece of art you create? Never draw just for fun or pleasure? And it's not like you are loosing copyright of your art, you are free to publish it wherever you want. ToS means that PWE can use it too.

Imagine if you posted something on here..then PWE owns it..if someone loves the design and gets PWE's permission to use it(or buy it) and makes money off it it, the original artist doesn't get the credit for it.
    It's different if you're a professional.
  • Larkairy - Raging Tide
    Larkairy - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So are we designing an outfit? Sorry I'm kinda confused
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Usually the things one does "for fun" end up being the best pieces, and no artist wants to waste their work, specially if it's beautiful.

The issue here is that PWE would own anything we post, be free to redistribute it and commercialize it.

I was about to submit something very valuable to me, so I'm glad this came up. I'll still enter but with something else, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • DirtySouth - Raging Tide
    DirtySouth - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fix the damn TW time slots already before starting new **** ijs.
  • morenawolf
    edited January 2015

Of course I draw for fun, the most of time. But I own those works and my free time. And it doesn't mean I'm ok with loosing the authorship of my works, and be legally forbidden to use them for commercial profit just because I published them on a forum. I studied hard to reach the knowledge I have right now, and I'm not disposed to give 10 years of my life away for free. Because that's what is any piece of art I make: a piece of my life.

Try to ask to concept artists how much they earned to make all the amazing paintings on the loading screen of PWI. Much more than 50 euros for sure. Art contest are a funny way to make advertisement and get art for free. If people are ok with this and they make it for the glory then ok, time is yours. But I can't write on my curriculum that I won a contest for PWE, and virtual currency is not even a real payement.

Now please, let me clarify that this is my personal opinion. Many professionals join contests and they're happy to see their entries published and used from famous companies. I'm simply not one of them. And I guess the most part of people who will join this contest are not professionals, they just do it for fun, which is absolutely the best.

I'll send you a pm with my site :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    I think you exaggerate the "danger" coming from PWE concerning copyrights. This is mostly done to protect themselves from some artist who see their work mentioned somewhere in news page and use it to say "Ahaaaaa! You use my work, now pay me!" b:chuckle I have never seen PWE using people's artworks or forbidding to publish them on their own sites. They have enough official payed arts from PWCN for that.

As for participating and timing, of course no one forces you to lose time on art for minimal payment (without actual guarantee, because you get prize if you win). It's up to you.
    I must say gold prizes motivate a lot :D Tho PWE has started to give gold for it only recently. Before it was mostly mounts, fashion, mice, keyboards and something else I don't remember...

Imagine if you posted something on here..then PWE owns it..if someone loves the design and gets PWE's permission to use it(or buy it) and makes money off it it, the original artist doesn't get the credit for it.
    I have already posted enough on this site b:chuckle If I don't evaluate my work that high to try to sell it instead of simply publishing, I won't rage if someone actually makes money on it. Would be only flattering :)
    What would I totaly dislike (and not only me I believe) is signing someone else's work with your name. But this contravenes the law of any country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015

Me too. I'm curious about it! b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • morenawolf
    edited January 2015
    If I don't evaluate my work that high to try to sell it instead of simply publishing, I won't rage if someone actually makes money on it. Would be only flattering :)

I really could not see this as flattering. It would be a theft in any case, and someone would get free money from my work. It would be like spit on my face. Try to imagine the same situation in real life: you're in the park making small paintings. While you're distracted someone take them and sell them in a shop for hundred euros, takes the money and walk away. How would you feel?
    This actually happened to me... but I didn't had the money to sue the site that used my works without permission. I still feel very, very angered for this episode, and we're just talking about small pixel images. Small images worth stealing and use on a site that earn money from users and advertisement. It's a matter of moral. I even feel disgusted by the idea of publish my works on Facebook, even if it should be the first move for a freelance artist who search visibility. Their TOE are not pretty about intellectual property... sigh. Internet is a horrible place. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm still confused... is this a contest where we have to draw fashion or mix & match PWI fashion and edit the screenshot? o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm a professional artist, I would never sell my art for 50 euros

Hi, my name is Bella and I'm a real artist, I don't sell my art cause I think real art doesn't have a price. No, but seriously turn off the arrogance, if you think the contest doesn't worth your time fine, but the ''I'M A PROFESSIONAL AND MY ART WORTH MORE THAN 50 EUROS'' just make you look arrogant.
    Usually the things one does "for fun" end up being the best pieces, and no artist wants to waste their work, specially if it's beautiful

Waste their work? It's not like there was much you could do with a piece of art of fashion designed for PWI. I'm an artist and I don't think it's a waste to share my art on a forum with other people. Not all artists want money for their work.
    Of course I draw for fun, the most of time. But I own those works and my free time. And it doesn't mean I'm ok with loosing the authorship of my works, and be legally forbidden to use them for commercial profit just because I published them on a forum. I studied hard to reach the knowledge I have right now, and I'm not disposed to give 10 years of my life away for free. Because that's what is any piece of art I make: a piece of my life.

Try to ask to concept artists how much they earned to make all the amazing paintings on the loading screen of PWI. Much more than 50 euros for sure. Art contest are a funny way to make advertisement and get art for free. If people are ok with this and they make it for the glory then ok, time is yours. But I can't write on my curriculum that I won a contest for PWE, and virtual currency is not even a real payement.

Now please, let me clarify that this is my personal opinion. Many professionals join contests and they're happy to see their entries published and used from famous companies. I'm simply not one of them. And I guess the most part of people who will join this contest are not professionals, they just do it for fun, which is absolutely the best.

I'd be curious to see your art. People that will join this contest are real artists that care more about sharing their art with the world than thinking 50 euros is not enough for their professionalism.

If you can live your life from your art good for you, but been a professional artist doesn't make you a better artist than someone that isn't a professional. Heck the most talented artists have met in my life wasn't professional and didn't have to study for their knowledge, there's no need to have knowledge to be a real artist.

As I said I'd be curious to see your art, maybe it is amazing, but your attitude isn't, you act like you are the best and that people don't deserve you to share a piece of your life unless they pay.

Anyway good luck with selling the story of your life, it most be a interesting life you have for people to pay to have you to share a part with them. =3

EDIT: By the way, the pictures or draw you post on Facebook become public and anyone can use them, so yea careful with that and go read Facebook's rules if you don't want people to use your stuff without your permission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There will always be arguments over "exploitation" and legal claim of an artist's work whenever contests like these come up. If it's not your cup of tea, don't enter.

Arguing who is the more "real" artist will just start another argument that rolls in circles. Anyone who has a physical for their creativity is an artist. The textbook definition is something extremely broad. Whether or not you can label for someone as a "real" artist is something solely that person can decide. Anyone who wants to enter is free to do so. Those who do not feel the prizes for the contest are enough for their talents, don't enter.

Personally, I have several friends who struggle to take care of themselves and generate a decent income because people insist on lower prices/want to haggle them on their art and there are not enough clients. HOWEVER, this is an OPTIONAL contest for a game that many of us play. I'm sure this contest was not thought up with the idea of "how can exploit the artistic talent amongst the pwi population". Rather, I feel they were just trying to offer something fun and a way for the community to participate and interact. No one is forcing people to enter.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    I really could not see this as flattering. It would be a theft in any case, and someone would get free money from my work. It would be like spit on my face.
    It depends. If I do something for commerce, something not for freely distributing, of course I won't be happy if that happens. But if a drawing I made for fun and never intended to sell is used by someone, it would be different for me. I could probably regret that I had mistaken evaluating my work and shared it instead of selliing though b:chuckle
    But looking at the bright side, we live in the age of internet and technologies. Google has implemented search by image. If your used-somewhere-illegaly art is really amazing, it can attract ppl who enjoyed it and advertise you. Proving your authorship isn't hard if it comes to that.
    Try to imagine the same situation in real life: you're in the park making small paintings. While you're distracted someone take them and sell them in a shop for hundred euros, takes the money and walk away. How would you feel?
    If I'm that good that 1 small painting of mine costs hundred euros, I'm probably rich and won't care xD As long as they don't erase my sign.

No, I'm not defending stealing works for commercial use, it's punishable and illegal. But there are limits to everything and if you want to protect your work with 100% chance, you should never share it with anyone, keep it somewhere far from computer (information security) and from ppl (in case someone sees it, remembers and reproduces later) b:chuckle
    I'm still confused... is this a contest where we have to draw fashion or mix & match PWI fashion and edit the screenshot? o.o
    Yes, description is a bit confusing, waiting for clarifying too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mmmm, it'd be too much mystery to me to not know exactly WHAT the prize fashion it would be. Aside from the "exclusive" mark on it it still doesn't really give me much encouragement because what if it doesn't turn out to be a fashion set I'm fond over? Of course the idea of myself and possibly 5 other people will have it is a nice incentive, I'd rather just see this fashion in a glass casing first and also the fact it's only female fashion doesn't help either. I think they should've added male too.

Just hope, once it's clarified, it'll be an interesting contest.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
This discussion has been closed.