Seeker Stats

PixelGamezz - Archosaur
PixelGamezz - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Seeker
By level 95, what stats should my seeker have? (looking for good stats that work well with the vortex skill) (also, how would i make the vortex skill run infinitely?)
Post edited by PixelGamezz - Archosaur on

Comments

• Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Infinite vortex for level 11 vortex requires minimum MP of around 2700 and a charm. Another option is to have lower mp than that and set up mp pots on an autopotter. There are more ways to do it, but those are the easiest to explain.

As for a build to vortex, that's a lot of personal preference and there is a sticky thread here that can guide you. Personally I believe seekers should max dex. at 155 or 160 and put the rest of their points into str., but that's just me.

Also, I don't recommend just building to vortex. You're severely gimping a seeker if that's all you build to and try to use.
  • PixelGamezz - Archosaur
    PixelGamezz - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Infinite vortex for level 11 vortex requires minimum MP of around 2700 and a charm. Another option is to have lower mp than that and set up mp pots on an autopotter. There are more ways to do it, but those are the easiest to explain.

As for a build to vortex, that's a lot of personal preference and there is a sticky thread here that can guide you. Personally I believe seekers should max dex. at 155 or 160 and put the rest of their points into str., but that's just me.

Also, I don't recommend just building to vortex. You're severely gimping a seeker if that's all you build to and try to use.

what about vit? is it not really needed?
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well vitality is useful when your gear is not very good (ie lower level) or not very highly refined. This isn't a bad idea on your first run through while you're getting better gear. When you reawaken you can always switch it around.

Doing a build like Nudimmud suggested is gearing your seeker for maximum damage. Follow it up with a couple of rings with +Accuracy and you're really in business.

I would also echo Nudimmud's concern of not focusing solely on vortex. Yes it is a very hard hitting skill. However a seeker has so much more than just this one ability. In FSP for example, I feel it's our debuffing abilities that really make people want to get us into the group. To carry things further with the FSP example, a seeker setting up vortex (which also generates aggro) is a sure way to pull aggro from the tank and get the seeker (and likely other squad members) killed.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I normally do not recommend statting vit. as those points are better spent elsewhere. However, if you are weaker on the gear end then it is a valid route to take as long as you understand that you will most likely be restatting it eventually.

Also, vortex may hit hard but it does not produce the highest damage for single bosses. Debuffing and knowing the skills to produce maximum output is best. It makes me cry when I see seekers vortexing a single boss.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't build for Vortex at all, when you are level 100 even the 5 magic will give you enough to perma Vortex with a charm.

Stat dex to 160 and put the rest in Str, if you get rank 8 and refine it to +5 you will never have HP troubles.

If you insist on using Vortex alot or are pulling something for AoE try:

@ 3 spark - Edged blur > Cloud eruption (genie) > Vortex for stupidly insane damage.

Have fun.