how to start crafting?

ExNanO - Morai
ExNanO - Morai Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Crafting Nook
I saw sone guides that I should get a message on level 5 to start learing crafting skills, but i dont remember doing any of these. Now I'm level 21 and when I go to my town Elder or blacksmith, tailor, ect. they do not have any crafting quests for me.
Post edited by ExNanO - Morai on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It used to be level 5 when all the races started in their racial areas, with lots of lowest mats and herbs to dig (well, not that many in the Earthguard region, but at least some.)

Now everybody starts in the same area, and there are no mats or herbs to dig until you leave it. (I note, however, that mobs are dropping grease, cotton thread and animal fur.) I have to think that they have completely changed the low level crafting system. Maybe go to an elder and check if you can learn level 1 manufacturing skills, without a quest?

I also haven't seen scythes or sabers in the blacksmith's manufacturing tabs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ExNanO - Morai
    edited December 2014
    It used to be level 5 when all the races started in their racial areas, with lots of lowest mats and herbs to dig (well, not that many in the Earthguard region, but at least some.)

Now everybody starts in the same area, and there are no mats or herbs to dig until you leave it. (I note, however, that mobs are dropping grease, cotton thread and animal fur.) I have to think that they have completely changed the low level crafting system. Maybe go to an elder and check if you can learn level 1 manufacturing skills, without a quest?

I also haven't seen scythes or sabers in the blacksmith's manufacturing tabs.

I'm playing as assassin and I have already left that new starting area. I have checked elder and still no crafting skills to learn there.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    From the pach notes
    Surtr wrote: »
    Gameplay
    *Crafting skills are now learned at level 28 instead of level 5.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ExNanO - Morai
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    From the pach notes

Thank you very much. b:dirty
    Gonna read all future patch notes from now on. :P
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    No prob. Things are pretty hectic with the new expansion changing so much. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mcflapps
    mcflapps Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got to level 28.. went to the elder.. and it still wint allow me to learn crafting skills. Is there anything else i need to do.
    ?b:shocked
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mcflapps wrote: »
    I got to level 28.. went to the elder.. and it still wint allow me to learn crafting skills. Is there anything else i need to do.

?

This looks like a NECRO!

mcflapps replied to a message that was 2 months 4 days 17 hours 11 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mcflapps wrote: »
    ?b:shocked

Did you go to the elder of your race?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It took you 2 months and 4 days to get from level 21 to 28. b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin