PWI & Extra Life! [Updated]

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited November 2014 in Official Announcements
That's right, I'll be hosting the PWI livestream this Saturday (10/25) for Extra Life! You can find all the information you need here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9001053-perfect-world-international-teams-up-with-extralife!

This will be a 2 hour livestream, in hopes to raise enough money for children! So if you like kids, PWI, or both, then you should totally stop by and watch me make a fool of myself! For the kids!

There will also be prizes, so there's that!

If you do donate though, please remember to do this as it will make my life easier getting the prizes to you:

*When making a donation through our PWE ExtraLife Donation Page, please include the preferred PWE/Cryptic Games that you play, along with your in-game @handle, server you play on (if applicable) along with a contact email address. This information will remain private and will not be available for public disclosure. This information will be needed to get your in-game rewards to your account.*

So, hopefully you all come out. I plan on doing some PVP, maybe some hide and seek, and whatever else we can come up with. All in all, let's just have some fun!

Edit: Here is the direct link to the livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community

We also added some physical goods to the prize list, check it out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just the US servers? or are there things going in Morai too? Hopefully its not gna when us European's are all tucked up in bed b:sad
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Making a fool of yourself?

Lemme get FRAPS setup for this and some popcorn. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • sweetannabelle
    sweetannabelle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ooh, this starts at 11pm in the UK. I'll be looking forward to it. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to donate anything to the cause. e.e #LifeofaTeen b:cry
    YL4E0jS.jpg
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh my, that means we'll get to see the face of the prince of sparkles, king of soft pillows and magical soft sparkly unicorns b:dirty .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just the US servers? or are there things going in Morai too? Hopefully its not gna when us European's are all tucked up in bed b:sad

I believe the EU team is working on doing their own specifically for Morai. I've reached out to their CM, so I'll let you know as soon as I do!
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Donations can be made in any denomination, however prizes will only be given out after the $25 mark. Any other higher denomination, say for instance $45, will still earn you the VIP Platinum Crown and everything before it.
    $25 - Profundity Scroll I x 5

$50 - VIP Platinum Crown

Think you have a typo? Or are you saying we can actually earn it on 45$
    I believe the EU team is working on doing their own specifically for Morai. I've reached out to their CM, so I'll let you know as soon as I do!
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

using quote cause it might get your attention.

Is there maitnance tonight?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We will be giving out tons of cool stuff for those of you who donate, and when we reach certain milestones of our overall goal of $10,000!

Individual Donations

$50 - VIP Platinum Crown

$100 - Profundity Scroll I x 10, VIP Platinum Crown, War Avatar Chest: A x 1

$500 - War Avatar Chest: A x 3, War Avatar Chest: S: 1

$1337 - War Avatar Pack: S x 5, War Avatar Chest: S x 2

I will say straight off the bat that I'm no marketing guru. I mean, everyone quotes McDonalds as the shining light of successful marketing......anyway.....

I have no connection to the listed charity, being in Australia, so I have no real urge to donate. Yeah I know its nice to help others, so I do help out with local things here.

So the question I ask myself is what incentive is provided for me to spend money on this initiative. The answer is obviously those items that are listed above, and I really think you guys have got it wrong.

I think the tiers should be something list this:

$5 - profundity scrolls x 10

$25 - 10 profundity scrolls, plus 5 x vip platinum crowns.....

$50 - 20 profundity scrolls, plus 10 vip platinum crowns, plus 5 war avatar A chests....

I could keep going but I think you get the picture. Now I haven't spent money on PWI since some years when I bought my herc and a flyer and with the current offer, well its just not that much of an incentive to me.

You need to make the offer irresistible, to make people think, "Dam that's just too good to refuse."

I don't think the current offers do that, but that's just me anyway. What does everyone else think?
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am proud of you guys!

Earning money for a good thing is always great. Thank you.

Just wanted to give you guys some good vibes now and then. You deserve it. On top of that. I know quite some people that will surely go for those 1,3k Dollars just to get the 3 S-Chests. You know how to throw out stuff people trully desire.

Normally I'd say: PAY2Win MOAR! But it's for charity so it's perfectly fine. So come on all you cashers! Get stronger and do something honourable once!

Again. Thank you PWE for this. We should have more of that stuff.

EDIT: Sorry xD I totally missed that there was already a thread made.
    We will be giving out tons of cool stuff for those of you who donate, and when we reach certain milestones of our overall goal of $10,000!

Individual Donations

$50 - VIP Platinum Crown

I will say straight off the bat that I'm no marketing guru. I mean, everyone quotes McDonalds as the shining light of successful marketing......anyway.....

I have no connection to the listed charity, being in Australia, so I have no real urge to donate. Yeah I know its nice to help others, so I do help out with local things here.

So the question I ask myself is what incentive is provided for me to spend money on this initiative. The answer is obviously those items that are listed above, and I really think you guys have got it wrong.

$50 - 20 profundity scrolls, plus 10 vip platinum crowns, plus 5 war avatar A chests....

I could keep going but I think you get the picture. Now I haven't spent money on PWI since some years when I bought my herc and a flyer and with the current offer, well its just not that much of an incentive to me.

You need to make the offer irresistible, to make people think, "Dam that's just too good to refuse."

I don't think the current offers do that, but that's just me anyway. What does everyone else think?

No, the prizes are fine the way they are now. The realistic value of just a single S-Card is even beyond the money you have to donate to get them through this. Some people already spend thousands of gold on S-Packs without getting a single S-Card. Sure others are very lucky and got a bunch with even less effort. All in all, the prizes are ok the way they are. if they would push out let's say 10 S-Chests for 1,4k Dollars then surely each and every heavy CSer would go for this and get 10 more S-Cards...then so many will roam around in full S-Cards. Sure. 3 S-Chests is fair and enough. Altho I wouldn't mind if he adds a few more charms/Exp Scrolls/Hypers/Event Gold to the lower ranks. But meh. It's fine.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm happy to defer to you Joe, being the merchant that you are, but what about the lower level stuff, the profundity scrolls and vip charms. For the purposes of raising money for charity, how do you feel on those prices?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm happy to defer to you Joe, being the merchant that you are, but what about the lower level stuff, the profundity scrolls and vip charms. For the purposes of raising money for charity, how do you feel on those prices?

Ya it's true. Like I said. they could dish out some more charms/Exp stuffs and especially Event Golds for the lower ranks. Simply cause it wouldn't hurt the economy or anyone to do so. The higher ranks are fine, like I said.

BTW: I'm no merchant, I'm a pure farmer xD I have some merchant friends tho and know how-to. But I have something personally against merchanting, so I won't do it. I don't mind people merching but it's just not my way to achieve things altho it could've saved me loads of hours of playing. Then agian. I'm here to play^^

To Topic: One thing would have been great. A little more Info about the charity itself. Especially whats going to be done with the money and ofc the cause of the whole thing. IMHO we got a little too less Info about the charity itself.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ~snip~

To Topic: One thing would have been great. A little more Info about the charity itself. Especially whats going to be done with the money and ofc the cause of the whole thing. IMHO we got a little too less Info about the charity itself.

THIS! I love helping out a good foundation but you hear way too much lately about how few of the money donated actually goes to helping peoplle. Sorry if I refuse to help out a foundation when not only am I not sure where my money is going but I feel it is really just a gimmick. This almost feels like PWE is making a last ditch effort to draw in more crowds of people by putting their name behind a big thing like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLadyMayax - Dreamweaver
    XLadyMayax - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Great job, sparkie! I like it.
    I was going to donate before knowing about the prize, so it was a nice surprise, too :D
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why not setup an npc in game that accepts coin or create a boutique item for gold.
    Then people can donate by playing, organising things ig, the server populations & factions can setup their own events and donate as a team.

Then at the end of the day - convert at the AH at the current rate into gold and PWI match the ZEN value.

This way you get people playing, working together - games/servers/factions/people can compete for the rank of the highest donations reached.

This way you get people playing, working together, healthy competition.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    laseek wrote: »
    Why not setup an npc in game that accepts coin or create a boutique item for gold.
    Then people can donate by playing, organising things ig, the server populations & factions can setup their own events and donate as a team.

Then at the end of the day - convert at the AH at the current rate into gold and PWI match the ZEN value.

This way you get people playing, working together - games/servers/factions/people can compete for the rank of the highest donations reached.

This way you get people playing, working together, healthy competition.

Nice idea and would be a decent coin sink...ya if you wouldn't ignore the fact that PWE would have to pay the money then. We shall donate xD They want us to donate. Sure, we could use a coin sink but not like that.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5756#.VEe5wvnF_Uc

For anyone interested in seeing how the money raised is actually allocated.

This non-profit got a good score. It's nice to see only 7% only went to administrative (salaries).

I think I will donate.
    Here we go again....
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nice idea and would be a decent coin sink...ya if you wouldn't ignore the fact that PWE would have to pay the money then. We shall donate xD They want us to donate. Sure, we could use a coin sink but not like that.

As they said.. it is tax deductible ;)
    These things are a great way to pull the game community together. Eve Online does them now and then and it's a blast - they match what's raised ig and donate directly based on the current rate of their cash item.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That's right, I'll be hosting the PWI livestream this Saturday (10/25) for Extra Life! You can find all the information you need here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9001053-perfect-world-international-teams-up-with-extralife!

This will be a 2 hour livestream, in hopes to raise enough money for children! So if you like kids, PWI, or both, then you should totally stop by and watch me make a fool of myself! For the kids!

If you do donate though, please remember to do this as it will make my life easier getting the prizes to you:

*When making a donation through our PWE ExtraLife Donation Page, please include the preferred PWE/Cryptic Games that you play, along with your in-game @handle, server you play on (if applicable) along with a contact email address. This information will remain private and will not be available for public disclosure. This information will be needed to get your in-game rewards to your account.*

So, hopefully you all come out. I plan on doing some PVP, maybe some hide and seek, and whatever else we can come up with. All in all, let's just have some fun!

I do appreciate the effort, sparkie. Unfortunately, these rewards are extremely low and not worth the money. The chests are the only thing can give you the specific card guaranteed. The packs probably will give you a C card, as they have like a 90% chance for a C card.

Perhaps people will still pay into this, but I won't be.

Thanks!
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • fated172
    fated172 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

When is the last day for this? Is it Oct. 25 or Nov. 1?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited October 2014
    Options
    fated172 wrote: »
    When is the last day for this? Is it Oct. 25 or Nov. 1?

We're hosting livestreams on both of those days, however my show for PWI will be on the 25th. You can always drop by during any of the other hours to see what other CM's are doing as well.

Edit: Also, I added a link to the image that details more about the charity.
  • fated172
    fated172 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We're hosting livestreams on both of those days, however my show for PWI will be on the 25th. You can always drop by during any of the other hours to see what other CM's are doing as well.

Thanks, I actually meant when is the last day for donating.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited October 2014
    Options
    fated172 wrote: »
    Thanks, I actually meant when is the last day for donating.

There isn't a date that I'm aware of, or one that is listed on their main page. To be safe though, I'd aim for before Nov. 1st is over.
  • sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Individual Donations

$50 - VIP Platinum Crown

I 100% agree, $25 for 1mil exp what!?! Granted you are helping out a charity which is amazing but still. the $500 prize is too much. I don't know how much S cards cost but why would someone donate that much for 1 S card when they could possibly cash shop one for cheaper(again I don't know the price for an S card).

Anywho, it's nice that you are trying to help out a charity.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would like to know if this charity event is open to EU donors aswell,

also i would like to know if this will be a 1-day only event or if donations could be open therefore made in future.

You know the tax (individual income tax return) calculation and date of payment period was few months ago in here,

the fact that the charity donations are deductable is amazing, and really tempts me,

but it's really late respect when i could've actually done that (yearly turnover-taxes have been paid already)

so i dont really know the fiscal regime in CA\USA, but would be better next time if you could pull this event before the individual income tax return period that (at least in here) happens yearly in june.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sparkie

How about talking the powers that be, into a couple more "levels" in your donation system

IE slip in a 75 dollar level, a 150, and a 250?

Something simple like ocean orbs, event gold, more charms...help those that will be helping with this great cause

In addition, how about instead of 2x and 3x exp, we get 2x and 3x exp/spirit/AND drops? I'm sure that would also help the donations.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'll not be attending this event, nor any like it. If I wanted to donate to charities, I'd certainly not look for the ability to do so within a F2P game. The "your heart bleeds, so your wallet must too" attitude gets shoved down my throat enough on TV and radio, to the point that it is getting so annoying that it just gets a hostile response from me. Do. Not. Want.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would like to know if this charity event is open to EU donors aswell,

also i would like to know if this will be a 1-day only event or if donations could be open therefore made in future.

You know the tax (individual income tax return) calculation and date of payment period was few months ago in here,

the fact that the charity donations are deductable is amazing, and really tempts me,

but it's really late respect when i could've actually done that (yearly turnover-taxes have been paid already)

so i dont really know the fiscal regime in CA\USA, but would be better next time if you could pull this event before the individual income tax return period that (at least in here) happens yearly in june.

It should be open to EU, and from what I've heard there is no deadlines on the donations. That being said, if you choose to donate, I'd do so before Nov. 1st comes to an end just in case. Theoretically it should still be open after, but you never know!
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We also added some physical goods to the prize list, check it out![/COLOR]

Are those goods US exclusive as past prices have been? Or are you shipping abroad?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • sparkiesoft
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Are those goods US exclusive as past prices have been? Or are you shipping abroad?

U.S and Canada only, unfortunately. If the donations in the two amounts ($500, $1337) come in from a different area, we will replace it with in-game items instead.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    well i guess they added in new stuff so its a bit closer to its cost ;o

$500 - War Avatar Chest: A x 3, War Avatar Chest: S: 1 plus Exclusive American Apparel Arc Hoodies (only given out to employees) and Logitech Gear (plus all above items)

$1337 - War Avatar Pack: S x 5, War Avatar Chest: S x 2 plus a bundle including an Arc Hoodie and Mug, a Logitech Gaming accessory, and autographed thank you card from all our staff as well as all the lower tier rewards.

altho i think most pple forget this is a charity/donation aka, essentially something we would not be asking a 'return item' for :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan