Why unregulated PvP (NW/TW) sucks...

Options
Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
and why regulated PvP (not only 1on1s) is far superior on both terms of gameplay and ego.

I created this thread because it is about time to discuss this. I will ask questions, lots of them, but that doesnt mean that I don't know the anwsers to them...I ask them anyways for you guys.

How can people really be proud of something that is achieved in an unequal, unfair way or by none of their effort(the latter is the same as ppl going crazy for their sports team, just stupid)?

Lately I witnessed loads of that stuff. People that are happy because their faction beat another faction and are bigmouthing all over the place and are soo proud of their "achievement". But whats the achievement in most cases? Having double the members in TW and or overgearing said factions by far. Amazing.

Well my problem is not that situations like these occur. NO! That's common. My problem is the lack of sportsmanship and sense of pride/ego most people show. As long as they win the practically don't care if they made a major contribution to it or not.

This whole thing is the major reason why I prefer 1on1s or regulated PvP in the whole sense over that random **** NW/TW.

An equally geared Fight 10vs10 can also be alot of fun, or 5vs5 and stuff like that. That stuff is amazing. In those situation the contributions of every single squad member will matter and be crucial for the outcome of the fight.

All of that leads to a dumbing down of the average skill-level from the most players. Just look at the billions of TW-Vids where facs get outnumbered and all and how the "winning" factions members play/behave. Just pathetic in most cases.

Why do humans have to be like that? Why can't they just enjoy a good, fair challange? Why does a group of people mostly need to have a major advantage to engange in PvPing to begin with? Why? Why? Why?

If you find the anwsers to those question then you know what I mean. In the end: It's ok if people do that if they just keep quiet. But no! they have to brag about it.

Discuss!

PS: As for my server: Some people will actually know that I'm talking about them and they are free to come to me for 1on1s to get their big-mouths stomped in (: Anytime :D
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This coming from mister "Don't even try it, you won't get any" (direct quote) at the beforelast resource wars, Joe? You are kind of guilty of this behaviour yourself - the lack of sportmanship that is. But it is a given I suppose, when the challenge of group-versus-enemy is lost, that people end up only finding a challenge in eachother. And find the need to make themselves look bigger then others.

Trashtalking after territory wars is nothing new, and won't end until the GMs bring the hammer down on it. I'm not holding much hope that that will happen.

Why do humans have to be like that?
    The people who play this game are largely adolescants, who are asserting themselves socially. Humans as a whole aren't like this, but the ones that are are usually very loud about it.

Why can't they just enjoy a good, fair challange?
    Because in order to compete at endlevel PvP you'd either have to have put in over 3 years of grinding, or a lot of cash. Fail to do that and you will not be any challenge. If you do that you're fanatical enough about this game to want to assert yourself as a badass. And that usually translates to badmouthing others after defeating them.

Why does a group of people mostly need to have a major advantage to engange in PvPing to begin with?
    Not sure what you mean by this, but I think you're touching on the need for some people to always win, and avoid even battles. That said, considering your gear, there aren't many people who would have a "major advantage" over you. Unless you consider a 10-on-1 dogpile in mass PvP. It takes that much to kill some folks however.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Some humans are like that and this is not specific to this game.
    You could find same kind of behaviour in 10vs10. Just consider a team with the nine most skilled players ever and a random tenth. They might win all their fights and maybe the one with the big mouth will be the tenth player, the one without who the team would have won anyway.
    This is how it is, just don't give importance to that.

Honestly, I don't like loosing and I don't like dieing in this game. However, I won't get proud if I OS 10 undergeared players in an AOE (except maybe if I had to do a specific move to have a good position). In the same time if I'm ganked by a squad of well-geared people I can be proud if I survive 1 or 2 minutes, even if I finally got killed.

Still you have people who are proud of their number of kills in ranking even though they killed a lot of afk and/or undergeared people.

Learn to live with that ;)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This coming from mister "Don't even try it, you won't get any" (direct quote) at the beforelast resource wars, Joe? You are kind of guilty of this behaviour yourself - the lack of sportmanship that is. But it is a given I suppose, when the challenge of group-versus-enemy is lost, that people end up only finding a challenge in eachother. And find the need to make themselves look bigger then others.

Trashtalking after territory wars is nothing new, and won't end until the GMs bring the hammer down on it. I'm not holding much hope that that will happen.

Why do humans have to be like that?
    The people who play this game are largely adolescants, who are asserting themselves socially. Humans as a whole aren't like this, but the ones that are are usually very loud about it.

Why can't they just enjoy a good, fair challange?
    Because in order to compete at endlevel PvP you'd either have to have put in over 3 years of grinding, or a lot of cash. Fail to do that and you will not be any challenge. If you do that you're fanatical enough about this game to want to assert yourself as a badass. And that usually translates to badmouthing others after defeating them.

Why does a group of people mostly need to have a major advantage to engange in PvPing to begin with?
    Not sure what you mean by this, but I think you're touching on the need for some people to always win, and avoid even battles. That said, considering your gear, there aren't many people who would have a "major advantage" over you. Unless you consider a 10-on-1 dogpile in mass PvP. It takes that much to kill some folks however.

That quote was made when I was standing in front of a ressource hut and killing every single caravan that spawned so yeah...it was true for the people that have been standing around there during that moment. Ofc I wouldn't have minded if people would have actually tryed (and they did).

I asked "Why do humans have to be like that?" because the majority of humans are like that. It really shows in all facettes of life all around the globe in nearly anythign that people do as long as it can be competitive in a way.

I don't really need my gears. Those have been farmed as a long-term goal to keep my busy obviously. I would be the last person that refuses to take on a challange in just g16 gears. With everyone being full g16 + 5, g16 weap +7 and set ornaments, w/o Cards...well we could have amazing fights. I'm always up for stuff like that and anyone can afford that gear, even the laziest F2Pers.

The problem is that most people which farmed/cashed their arses off will say: "man I worked so hard for that gears and now I shouldn't use them to kill people? **** you!" and they are right in a way. This game is designed that way. You buy advantages. But that doesn't mean that people can be bigmouths for just having advantages and 0 skill. If someone is skilled then yes, imho they can show off all day, they deserve it. that is if they never cease to proof it ofc^^

My problem is that most people don't care if they are skilled or not. So why play an still brag on a competitive game? The anwser to that is highly disturbing on many social aspects.
    Some humans are like that and this is not specific to this game.
    You could find same kind of behaviour in 10vs10. Just consider a team with the nine most skilled players ever and a random tenth. They might win all their fights and maybe the one with the big mouth will be the tenth player, the one without who the team would have won anyway.
    This is how it is, just don't give importance to that.

Honestly, I don't like loosing and I don't like dieing in this game. However, I won't get proud if I OS 10 undergeared players in an AOE (except maybe if I had to do a specific move to have a good position). In the same time if I'm ganked by a squad of well-geared people I can be proud if I survive 1 or 2 minutes, even if I finally got killed.

Still you have people who are proud of their number of kills in ranking even though they killed a lot of afk and/or undergeared people.

Learn to live with that ;)

I agree...in a way. I could be liek that even in 10vs10. But it would'nt be like that forever. That leads us the a good ability of humans. We can adapt. So they might lose the first 10 or 20 fights...but they will slowly adapt to each other and proof a bigger challange from fight to fight and honestly. That is especially what I want. To see people grow on a challange.

I can see from the rest that you wrote that we arn't that different on these terms. That's great (:

I could surely just live with it and all...but it doesn't really bother me personally to begin with. I have a habit to stand up for things that influence others/people I like in a negative way. Braggin' people...for me personally I couldn't care less...but when such things start to bother people I like...well then I gotta do something. Braggin' (especially if it's not earned) is the root to so many trouble in the world. I'd love to somehow solve this with words and understanding...altho that might not be possible. Humans tend to forget that we play games for enjoyment and all.

And ya, it might appear contradicting what I said at the beginning of the thread...but I always go for the things which I believe are the major root to those problems. And Imho thats the twisted view on honour and pride these days + the lack of self-esteem in most cases. people rather rely on the big masses instead on themselves which is a shame.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    *shrug* If people buy their advantage like that, they've bought their victory rather then earned it. It's my biggest gripe with this game, and likely why I'll eventually leave it.

I'm honestly just waiting for *big crowdfunded space sim censored so the mods don't have to b:laugh* to come out, then I'll go there. Perhaps even dev a bit again, I used to have a ton of fun modding for *older space sim also censored so the mods don't have to b:pleased*. But I'm still having some fun in PWI so I'll stick around a while yet.

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why are the people most desparate for pvp on pve servers ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options

That's not the point of this thread. It doesn't revolve around the quantity of PVP, it's quality that matters.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options

What's the difference between PVP on PVP/PVE servers ?
    On PVP servers you can kill by surprise unbuffed people that want to do their dailies. In this kind of situation the attacker will obsiously have an advantage, especially if he's a sin in stealth.
    What does this change towards Joe's statement ? Absolutely nothing, it would be even more true.

And I'm very surprised that there are still people in 2014 who think PVP is reserved to PVP servers. Sounds like a 2008 post...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Having values and living after them is something you (should) do for yourself, not in order to expect a return from others. You can't expect everyone to have similar visions.

I'm not really sure where the issue really lies even if I got an idea, but when it comes to TW you can't compare. For the ones enjoying TW, it's not about 1 fight of 1 day. It involves more. If you don't like it, don't join. I'm pretty much opposite of you. I dislike 1vs1 and pk, so I don't join it. Heck, I even don't interfere with it while PREIST is the only one I got to a form of mutual respect with.

If you're concerned with OP NW squads, just keep in mind that people are often friends because they share a vision or sense of fun. Players with a same vision, usually will have the same type of gear. It's only natural and I don't see why NW shouldn't allow squads.

People will talk behind your back, pm you, and so on. Getting all flustered over that only get's things into personal wars. Especially when it concerns a friend you want to help. Nothing bad in helping a friend, but chances are high you don't even know half the story.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    How can people really be proud of something that is achieved in an unequal, unfair way or by none of their effort(the latter is the same as ppl going crazy for their sports team, just stupid)?

Lately I witnessed loads of that stuff. People that are happy because their faction beat another faction and are bigmouthing all over the place and are soo proud of their "achievement". But whats the achievement in most cases? Having double the members in TW and or overgearing said factions by far. Amazing.

waaaaaaait what did i miss D:

but also it happens that factions that are outnumbered and outgeared manage to pull wins in territory wars, so its not that bad as it seems to be

1on1 pvp is worthless, and mass pk is almost as worthless if brought with a little thought (sin2win)

so whats left? :-)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    and why regulated PvP (not only 1on1s) is far superior on both terms of gameplay and ego.

I created this thread because it is about time to discuss this. I will ask questions, lots of them, but that doesnt mean that I don't know the anwsers to them...I ask them anyways for you guys.

Well my problem is not that situations like these occur. NO! That's common. My problem is the lack of sportsmanship and sense of pride/ego most people show. As long as they win the practically don't care if they made a major contribution to it or not.

This whole thing is the major reason why I prefer 1on1s or regulated PvP in the whole sense over that random **** NW/TW.

An equally geared Fight 10vs10 can also be alot of fun, or 5vs5 and stuff like that. That stuff is amazing. In those situation the contributions of every single squad member will matter and be crucial for the outcome of the fight.

All of that leads to a dumbing down of the average skill-level from the most players. Just look at the billions of TW-Vids where facs get outnumbered and all and how the "winning" factions members play/behave. Just pathetic in most cases.

Why do humans have to be like that? Why can't they just enjoy a good, fair challange? Why does a group of people mostly need to have a major advantage to engange in PvPing to begin with? Why? Why? Why?

If you find the anwsers to those question then you know what I mean. In the end: It's ok if people do that if they just keep quiet. But no! they have to brag about it.

Discuss!

PS: As for my server: Some people will actually know that I'm talking about them and they are free to come to me for 1on1s to get their big-mouths stomped in (: Anytime :D

TW can be pretty regulated, it's a battle between two factions where each has to field every person available. There's strategy involved, as well as personal skill. The players in each faction have to rely on each other, they have to communicate, and trust me winning a hard TW is extremely satisfying. I never got to TW on Morai, I lagged too much and just couldn't be bothered, but since coming to Archosaur I've had some really good TWs that I've enjoyed and they were far from random.

NW is extremely random, even if you go in with a squad you don't know who will be in your nation or who will be in the other nations, you don't know where anyone else will go, it's a very random event.

Here's the thing though, people will always brag. Whether it's the person themselves or some fanboy, there will always be that person who brags or tries to put you down, I run into the latter quite often. I've been told I can't kill anyone but lower geared players, I've been told certain people would demolish me, but that just comes with the game. PWI is a game of ego, and it's just something you have to deal with. Even if you got more 5v5/10v10 you'd still get people who brag.

Sportsmanship is pretty rare in this game, but it's still there. You just have to know which rocks to look under.

Kekorooni side note: A faction on our server went and called like 3 other factions to join into them because we gave them a 3 hour TW, after they repeatedly claimed to want a fun TW. Dat sportsmanshipb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TW can be pretty regulated, it's a battle between two factions where each has to field every person available. There's strategy involved, as well as personal skill. brag.

Rather than "unregulated" he should have written "unbalanced" I guess.
    What seems to be a problem is that even with skills, even with better strategy, a faction with 15 G16 toons and 5 R9.3 toons will never win versus 70 R9.3 toons.
    This is not something new and this is not even PW's fault since there is the 80 players cap.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Rather than "unregulated" he should have written "unbalanced" I guess.
    What seems to be a problem is that even with skills, even with better strategy, a faction with 15 G16 toons and 5 R9.3 toons will never win versus 70 R9.3 toons.
    This is not something new and this is not even PW's fault since there is the 80 players cap.

That's just how the game is, in any scenario the team with the majority of R9s will win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Discuss!

Responding with a haiku:

The competition
    Brings the hive mentality
    Hate prevails, love gone

b:chuckle
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kekorooni side note: A faction on our server went and called like 3 other factions to join into them because we gave them a 3 hour TW, after they repeatedly claimed to want a fun TW. Dat sportsmanshipb:laugh

Funny part being they fielded full 80 before said "recruits". Sure, they gained more R9s and refines, some clerics to already asinine number of them(I counted 16 on my T screen once) to replace G16s and whatnots. Either way I heard one of the "recruit" factions left already and as we gained few more members including factor BM, it ought to be interesting weekend.

Ps. I do wonder who they recruit next as there is only so many factions left with factors left to recruit.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Funny part being they fielded full 80 before said "recruits". Sure, they gained more R9s and refines, some clerics to already asinine number of them(I counted 16 on my T screen once) to replace G16s and whatnots. Either way I heard one of the "recruit" factions left already and as we gained few more members including factor BM, it ought to be interesting weekend.

Ps. I do wonder who they recruit next as there is only so many factions left with factors left to recruit.

And many of those factions want nothing to do with said faction. b:bye
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    "All is fair in love and war."

So what is fair? Fair is subjective. Fair is merely an arbitrary term invented by the defeated and disregarded by the victor. You can cry "unfair" all you want but at the end of the day you're the one dead and not them. They are the victor, they are superior, and you suck at the game and should uninstall. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Fair doesn't determine who wins. The winners win. The losers lose. The only thing it determines is whether you have fun. And so, you're asking the wrong question.

What you should be asking is why does so many people find enjoyment out of completely decimating their opponents. Why do people want guaranteed victory as opposed to challenging themselves with the possibility of defeat?

Part of it might be our need to belong to a stable and successful group of people, and the winning side tends to provide that. Part of it might be because not everyone can handle the stress of constantly losing no matter how hard they try. But this is more of a topic for psychologists.

One thing I can say though, is that a good leader seem to be able to defy all of that. A good leader can handle the stress of defeat and continue pulling their faction through thick and thin until they eventually rise to the top. Yet, everyone has their breaking points. After all, this is a game, and most people don't want to play a game to stress about defeat or the drama that comes along with it. That's why we lack leaders even more so than followers. And that is what you see when everyone tends towards the winning side, as opposed to the losing side.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Obviously PWI strongly holds the philosophy that all the non-csers are cannonfodder for the CSers. (with a few hardcore farmers/merchants making it there to give all the cannonfodder people hope that it really is possible to get there)
    This is quite logical from their standpoint and explains most of the imbalance in this game. gear imbalance is what makes their living.

NW is imbalanced like ****. I dont know what system they use to split the signups among teams, but it aint working very well. You join NW, you pull a lottery ticket if youre in the winning or losing nation. That doesnt matter all that much, it might even be a good thing depending how you look at it.
    End game players dont really care much of their nation wins or loses. They dont need the tokens. They just want fun. Getting lots of kills and dying little is fun regardless if your nation wins or loses.
    The weaker players who do still care about the rewards, well they sell their soul. They give the OP ones enjoyment by selling their body to be abused for 2 hours. Then they get a random reward that iis not so much depending on how weak they are.

In TW you cannot stop some factions from being more powerfull than others and there should be a difference because else why would you as a faction be interested in becomming the strongest faction ?
    However, the differences are so big that, if i look at the current situation, the nr 2 faction (nemesis) doesnt seem to have much chance against the nr1 faction (defiance) In turn the number 3 faction (roque, where i am in) doesnt have much of a chance against the nr 2 faction. I dont think there is any other faction that in turn has much of a chance against any of these 3 factions.
    Of course it all is a little variable, and if 10 prominent nemesis members get ill at the same time (you can always hope with these epedemics around right b:chuckle) we will probably win. Same for most other matchups. But over the whole, it seems that by far most TWs the winner is very much decided long before the battle. That is not interesting pvp. And in this case we arent talking about cashshoppers vs non cashshoppers. This is, what i think, even though im pretty dissapointed by the whole concept (for exactly the reason behind this whole thread) the essence of pwi. All PWI has to offer right now is 3 pvp events:

-NW: nabs sell their body for OPs enjoyment
    -resource war: funny chaos for those that choose to go whitename on pve servers. Not to be taken too serious.
    -TW: 5-10% chance that you get a battle where things actually matter. 90-95% chance that you get a battle where 1 side has pretty much zero chance of winning and are thus just showing up for sportmanship.

I think that is really sad.
    TW could be made more interesting. There are many possible ideas that would make things better. Of course not every battle is going to be super exiting, but the percentage of battles that are could definately be increased a lot.
    A PvP arena should imo be in pwi that is always available and offers multiple choises in team composition, gear allowance, handicaps even.
    Very best i think would be player made content. While indeed most of the player made maps in games are totally stupid, some are not and player made content did give rise to a whole new genry (dotas).

PS: i hope noone on archo is offended by anything i say about the factions that i named. I try to have a bit of an unpartial look on things and i dont really care about any faction politics.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I will ask questions...
    In other words you ask why ppl trashtalk, show off and brag about everything they can? I'm afraid it's a rhetorical question b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Half the issue is a lack of population on basically every server and thus the need for a server merge for most of them.

The other half is gear-related and just going to get worse as time goes on due to lack of CSers and overabundance of people trying to buy gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My main problem is that some people beat you/your faction in such an unfair way, leaving you with no chance at all and then brag as if they did it all by themselves. What really bothers me is to why people can be really proud of something they havnt even partially achieved themselves and that is unfair to begin with.

People that are allowed to brag as much as they want from my PoV:

-people that beat their enemies with lower/equal gears through skill alone
    -factions that win altho they are at a major disadvantage cause they have a very good teamplay/strategy
    -overall anyone thaz proved to be skilled/more skilled then others.

Why do they deserve to brag? Cause they put enough effort into something to get better then the average player and they deserve to win. Besides. If they brag that they are better than others...well then it's not really a lie. They just speak the truth that some egos can't handle. But if it's done by really skilled people then it is a good thing. It can be really motivating simply cuz...if they can pull that stuff...why shouldn't I be able to do it too? That mentallity ia what's missing here.

So all in all: my major problem is the attidute from a major parr of this community. Random/unfair pvp will always happen just as well as such fights will always occour in real life as well (like US/EU against any small country).

People always strife for power and wanna feel superior to others. The question is...do they deserve it? Have they done enough for that advantage? The side putting in more effort will always be the winner in my eyes...no matter the real outcome.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    [...]

People that are allowed to brag as much as they want from my PoV:

[...]

Doesn't that explain all your questions ?

You can not impose your PoV as server law. If I follow your logic, you shouldn't be allowed to post this because of the actions of some individuals in your faction, yet you still feel entitled to do so. Most of the time, you won't even fully understand the others actions because you aren't in their shoes.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Who said people always deserve what they have? Many people have what they don't deserve, and many people deserve what they don't have. Yet, if you have it you have it, if you don't you don't. Either travel somewhere that already suits you and you can just fit in, or simply accept reality and try to change it until it suits you.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • pwiforever
    pwiforever Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Joe stop crying man and better start recruit ppl for your faction... Wtf u want... What would be if leaders of 2 factions will start ask before enter tw: how many people u have? how many r93rs u have? how many catas?etc. thats stupid.. in tw 60% is strategy and 40% gear. but since u never took part of a guild with good strategy u cant know..b:bye
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Doesn't that explain all your questions ?

You can not impose your PoV as server law. If I follow your logic, you shouldn't be allowed to post this because of the actions of some individuals in your faction, yet you still feel entitled to do so. Most of the time, you won't even fully understand the others actions because you aren't in their shoes.

Then again, one can always strife to make things better/change things for the better.

I do not take responsibility for anything certain people do, if in my fac or not. I am an individual, I take credit for the things I achieve alone and through my power/abilities alone.

Any human being is unique in the way they grew up and got shaped by life itself so how could I possibly identify myself with a group? that's part of the problems I mentioned. People shouldnt identify themselves with groups. they should only identify themselves through themselves. In the end you only have yourself and you alone are the only person you should be able to/can rely on all the time. You should be the most important thing for yourself on all terms.

Sounds egoistic...but really isn't. that's how it's supposed to be. So many people struggle with themselves and are trying to escape into things (like groups/organisations/sports teams and that stuff). From a psychological view thats just a massive runaway from themselves and their very own problems, all of it.

So ofc people feel strong if they 4vs1 win over some people, simply cause they identify themselves with the group. Just as if the group is them and they achieved it alone. Again. I have the anwsers to all my questions and I don't need them anwsered. I need people to realize the anwsers themselves xD

For the Note: I am in the faction I am cause of the people in there. Anyone I don't like is not visible for me simply cause I shut them out (in my head) completely. The name of the fac and all it's history are to none importance for me. Needless to say that all achievements and loses in PvP with said faction in TW are to no importance to me as well. I will never focus on groups. That would be a harassment for any individual being. This is not my opinion, this is a act and can simply be proven to anyone who cares by just watching humans do what they do all day long.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    However, the differences are so big that, if i look at the current situation, the nr 2 faction (nemesis) doesnt seem to have much chance against the nr1 faction (defiance) In turn the number 3 faction (roque, where i am in) doesnt have much of a chance against the nr 2 faction. I dont think there is any other faction that in turn has much of a chance against any of these 3 factions.
    Of course it all is a little variable, and if 10 prominent nemesis members get ill at the same time (you can always hope with these epedemics around right b:chuckle) we will probably win. Same for most other matchups. But over the whole, it seems that by far most TWs the winner is very much decided long before the battle. That is not interesting pvp. And in this case we arent talking about cashshoppers vs non cashshoppers. This is, what i think, even though im pretty dissapointed by the whole concept (for exactly the reason behind this whole thread) the essence of pwi. All PWI has to offer right now is 3 pvp events:

Honestly, what you said was likely true month ago. The fact Jason is pulling all the stops, all the favors he can get to gain more factors in Defiance ought to tell it really isnt true anymore.

Weekend before last, the one where Defiance got ganked "5 way". Nemesis defended Defiance for 3h on first slot and I was told we were closer in killing crystal, I was sick and sleeping, thus missed that TW. On evening they sent close enough to all their factors against us, including their cata squads in clear attempt to beat us first. It took ~20mins and the only relevant towers they had up were inside base. Thats the point they bailed and we heard Ohfensive got their crystal to 12m in another TW. After that we took down 1 tower so peoples charms/pots wouldnt tick from it and killed crystal ending said weekend with 2 wins for us.

Last weekend Defiance, after gaining factors from 2 factions, did not attack Nemesis. Nemesis did attack Defiance. It was 60vs80 TW, which was pretty even. Defiance won in 1h and 30mins or so. When TW ended Defiance crystal was at 2m with Nemesis catas in their base. It was a gamble we lost but saying Nemesis doesnt have a chance at winning is ignorant. Give us another squad and I would say we have advantage despite being still outnumbered.

As for the Rogue beating Nemesis if we missed 10 of our factors? You guys arent as strong as you used to be and we have basically doubled our numbers in TW since fighting you. Missing TW leads, catabarbs and couple of best DDs. At that point it would be painful but I still dont think Rogue would have a real chance of winning. Going trough our squad list against rogue from last weekend, the one where you attacked, we had 60 names + scout. Out of those 61, 48-50(Cant be sure of everybodys gear with influx of new members) were R9s. We needed 30 when Rogue was at its peak during this season and I mean no offense when I say its not at its peak atm.

Ps. Like I said, it should be interesting weekend as we gain more and more R9s each week and unlike with Defiance, our new R9s wont replace anybody inside TW.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ye i heard so by now :)
    I barely log in these days.
    Good to see that nemesis is working on good TW :)
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In the TWs it'd be very easy to enforce a healthy balance: Simply hard-limit the number of territories any one faction may have to about 7. Got them? Can't attack anymore, only defend. That way, even if 3 top dog factions manage to capture their maximum number of lands (and likely end up fighting eachother over the high reward ones like the major cities), it leaves over half the TW lands for smaller factions, who can then have smaller scale battles against eachother.

It also prevents half the server going into one faction and that faction dominating everything. It encourages people to spread out more evenly. You'd see a LOT more activity in the TWs that way because it'd no longer be the domain of the big factions to do it (and, incidentally, you'd see a lot more charms burning up/supplies being used so it'd end up a moneysink, encouraging folks to grind/cashshop more)...

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In the TWs it'd be very easy to enforce a healthy balance: Simply hard-limit the number of territories any one faction may have to about 7. Got them? Can't attack anymore, only defend. That way, even if 3 top dog factions manage to capture their maximum number of lands (and likely end up fighting eachother over the high reward ones like the major cities), it leaves over half the TW lands for smaller factions, who can then have smaller scale battles against eachother.

It also prevents half the server going into one faction and that faction dominating everything. It encourages people to spread out more evenly. You'd see a LOT more activity in the TWs that way because it'd no longer be the domain of the big factions to do it (and, incidentally, you'd see a lot more charms burning up/supplies being used so it'd end up a moneysink, encouraging folks to grind/cashshop more)...

I dont usually like hard limits. It doesnt solve anything. It moves problems to other areas. Better to have a system that gets a pogressive stronger influence imo.
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @ Joe : Meh, I wonder why I even bothered replying as you don't seem to understand. I disagree with pretty much every paragraphe you put. For me they are just a vision even if put as absolute truths. I try to respect and find a logic in your contradictions but that's hard when it's not mutual.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @ Joe : Meh, I wonder why I even bothered replying as you don't seem to understand. I disagree with pretty much every paragraphe you put. For me they are just a vision even if put as absolute truths. I try to respect and find a logic in your contradictions but that's hard when it's not mutual.

Understanding what I said doesn't come from my words alone. I never expected that. It never worked like that. People will believe and recognize what I've said when they experience it first hand in their own life.

Truth for the most people is what they've experienced in their lifes and that's that. Most won't believe stuff until they experienced it for themselves. That's ok. I wouldn't believe anything I can't prove due to experience.

I once relied on groups as well and totally pushed myself further and further away from me. With time I learned that it's fatal to give your whole life into groups and other people. People can think as much as they want that they will never be alone and that they will always have others by their side. The need for others, in the way that most people have it, is a delusion and another sign of a major brainwashing established over years now.

And how could I be wrong with that way? I can handle groups and am perfectly fine on my own. I only have advantages and 0 disadvantages. Nothing stands in my way and I can be true to myself. I can really say that I am me without that brainwashed ****. I only believe in things that can be argued well. Don't believe anything without a decent reasoning. My reasoning is: Pay attention to the people around you and their behavior.

And to topic: there is no good reasoning why you should feel good when others achieved something you take no or only a little part in. There is no argument for that besides the: "As long as they are happy leave em be." BS. Same thing goes for when you ask a person why they did something and they say: "Cause I felt like it.". that's complete BS and a huge sign that they just don't wanna share their true reasoning with you or (most likely) that they have no clue about themselves and can't tell you why they did this. So many people don't know themselves a bit. Brainwashed fools. They have to vanish. People have to learn to understand themselves and 99.9% of all problems in the world will disappear.

Ask yourselves: Can you explain why you like a certain song? Do you know why you like a specific sports team? Why you like certain food? Why you do the things you do? Well I know that stuff about me. If you have a year or 2 I could explain my whole life and how I became the person I am now. How? Because I always payed attention to others and myself and ofc all interactions between others and myself + others with others and so on.

I always try to get people to open their eyes to whats really going on around them. Most can't handle that and are happy with the illusions that others created for them and in which they live.

But meh, this is going to far xD I tried several times forcing people to believe it. If you don't wanna believe, no one can force you. I can just say what I wanna say and it's up to everyone to either believe me or to think that I'm a psycho. You're choice (:

PS: Sorry. What I wrote is directly connected to the main topic I created here...but could be too blurred for the most so I just leave it at that. Just discuss like you did til now (:

BTT:

I really like the idea to bring some changes into TW. The best solutions would be (and the fairest imho) if players had to register for an TW ingame. That should follow strict schedules tho. Like you have to be registered for TW a day before the TW starts. Then the system compares the total number of registrations and limits the number of players that can participate to the number of the faction with the least participants.

For example: faction A got 40 participants and faction B got 80. So now an ingame system would notify the leader/direx/Marshals from Faction B that they are only allowed to take 40 with them and would have to chose which 40 to take til ~an hour before the tw actually starts.

The people that are chosen in the end get automatically ported into the territory and the fight begins. This little Thingy would balance out TWs immidiatly.

Sure 40 G16s vs 40 r9rr would still lead to an obvious ending. But that alone would prevent people to gather all into one faction to dominate everything. Imagine...we could have fights 40 vs 40 end-game geared people on some servers. That would lead to amazing TWs and to an influx in factions simply because you will most likely not be fighting 80 vs 80 any TW and even if you got less then the enemies have to adjust.

What do you guys think about that idea? Ah and the minimum number of players to be able to attend to a TW should be around 20-30. If a faction does not meet the requirement then the TW will be automatically lost for them (be let's face it: If they don't have even that then they woudl most likely lose anyways, so that shouldn't be a problem). That would be neccesary because otherwise single OP-geared Persons (sins for example) could just go in alone and have a 1on1 over the territory. Altho I should love that idea...that would really be well not that great...or what do you guys think?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476