R9r3 Assassin vs R9r3 Blademaster

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
I had about 12 fights with a well geared R9r3 Assassin, though the video only features 6. The fights were pretty fun and I hope you guys enjoy the video.

Click

As always, I do love feedback
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had about 12 fights with a well geared R9r3 Assassin, though the video only features 6. The fights were pretty fun and I hope you guys enjoy the video.

Click

Nice Vid and no worngs on your end bro. Don't think a BM can be played better then this.

The sin on the other hand...well. Let's just leave it at that. Ofc I compare him to preist and tbh preist is miles above that one xD

On a Note: Damn...the Accu of a BM sucks so bad...can't even imagine how to fight w/o Blood Bath xDD ~4,5k accu is it? Those massive misses. Damn if you could have a skill that will make any other skill a 100% hit then damn...all your fights would have ended right away.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice Vid and no worngs on your end bro. Don't think a BM can be played better then this.

The sin on the other hand...well. Let's just leave it at that. Ofc I compare him to preist and tbh preist is miles above that one xD

On a Note: Damn...the Accu of a BM sucks so bad...can't even imagine how to fight w/o Blood Bath xDD ~4,5k accu is it? Those massive misses. Damn if you could have a skill that will make any other skill a 100% hit then damn...all your fights would have ended right away.

if for miles you mean his ability to fight only on full buffs and stealthing anytime tidal is down, well thats miles i guess :-)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    b:pleased
    Bahamas represent
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited October 2014
    Don't think a BM can be played better then this.

Lol PWI players
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited October 2014

No, there were definitely a few mistakes on my part. I could have been slightly more offensive and that might have made a bit more difference, I also ticked his charm when I shouldn't have. Kept getting his HP lower and lower but ticked it way before Tidal came off. Against that particular Assassin I have to have him at roughly half HP at the start of a lock or depend on zerk crits to break through his HP.

Always appreciate a compliment though b:cute

As for PRIIEST, honestly unless PRIIEST got a WHOOOOLE lot better, Asceia is far better. PRIIEST didn't really have too good of a stun lock last I checked, even as an Assassin. All gear no skill. Though that did go for most Assassins on Morai to be honest. b:surrender

Side note: My accuracy is a little over 5k actually, I need to get my hands on an Emporer tome somehow, though I doubt that'll ever happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    if for miles you mean his ability to fight only on full buffs and stealthing anytime tidal is down, well thats miles i guess :-)

Nah, well. At least not against me. We always fight selfbuffed. Actually and to be honest. He is the only one I ever see fighting selfbuffed xD Unlike other sins that recently went full +12 that are even maximum buffed (base buffs, NW pot, IDB even) while doing his dailies...but thats another story xD
    tsyfall wrote: »
    Lol PWI players

Granted that game does not really require loads of skills to be a good, competitive player. But name a single game that really needs you to be OP-skilled? The one starting with T and ending with something like "era" was quite nice in terms of skill...but still way too many nubs around. To gain skill you need to fight already skilled ppl and adjust to them/learn from them. If there are no such players then you will shortly meet the final evolving point skill-wise in a game and all sorts of competition. You grow on your opponents...and that ->
    No, there were definitely a few mistakes on my part. I could have been slightly more offensive and that might have made a bit more difference, I also ticked his charm when I shouldn't have. Kept getting his HP lower and lower but ticked it way before Tidal came off. Against that particular Assassin I have to have him at roughly half HP at the start of a lock or depend on zerk crits to break through his HP.

Always appreciate a compliment though b:cute

As for PRIIEST, honestly unless PRIIEST got a WHOOOOLE lot better, Asceia is far better. PRIIEST didn't really have too good of a stun lock last I checked, even as an Assassin. All gear no skill. Though that did go for most Assassins on Morai to be honest. b:surrender

Side note: My accuracy is a little over 5k actually, I need to get my hands on an Emporer tome somehow, though I doubt that'll ever happen.

leads me here. Sure at the beginning preist wasn't all that coordinated and all...but hell we both got loads better while fighting each other. I don't think...no I know that there is no other sin on Morai that poses nearly as much of a threat to me then him. And that is with him still being just full +10/only weap +12. There are way better geared sins on our server that are to me like a joke compared to him. Unfortunatly I gotta say that I only recorded the less interesting fights between us. We recently had some and those have been amazing.

To your sin: IMHO that sin doesn't play offensive enough. Against an enemy like you I'd use Whirlwind and Occult Ice for sure. He deals enough dmg to kill you so he only needs you to stay in place. Once you used AD/Faith he just needs to start a lock -> triple spark -> stun/OI and thats it. He did not even catch you most of the times and it took ages before you really had to use AD or Faith. The good thing on sins is that they can pratically do the same combo twice if not triple times in a row due to massive chi management. He did not abuse his chi in the way I'm used to with preist xDD And IIRC he didn't use fire or wood ele pots which would have increased his dmg output on you drastically xD but don't hold me onto this...I can't watch the vid right now again. If he did use it then my sincere apologies.

Still, too bad that you left. No one wants to 1on1 me anymore. Not even the max geared players or the ones that recently went full +12. Sure, group pvp is nice and all...but seriously. You can improve your playability with your class the best in 1on1. I miss you on Morai! fight meeeeh xD

PS: What are the shards of that sin? Josd/deity/vit, or something else?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Nah, well. At least not against me. We always fight selfbuffed. Actually and to be honest. He is the only one I ever see fighting selfbuffed xD Unlike other sins that recently went full +12 that are even maximum buffed (base buffs, NW pot, IDB even) while doing his dailies...but thats another story xD

Granted that game does not really require loads of skills to be a good, competitive player. But name a single game that really needs you to be OP-skilled? The one starting with T and ending with something like "era" was quite nice in terms of skill...but still way too many nubs around. To gain skill you need to fight already skilled ppl and adjust to them/learn from them. If there are no such players then you will shortly meet the final evolving point skill-wise in a game and all sorts of competition. You grow on your opponents...and that ->

leads me here. Sure at the beginning preist wasn't all that coordinated and all...but hell we both got loads better while fighting each other. I don't think...no I know that there is no other sin on Morai that poses nearly as much of a threat to me then him. And that is with him still being just full +10/only weap +12. There are way better geared sins on our server that are to me like a joke compared to him. Unfortunatly I gotta say that I only recorded the less interesting fights between us. We recently had some and those have been amazing.

To your sin: IMHO that sin doesn't play offensive enough. Against an enemy like you I'd use Whirlwind and Occult Ice for sure. He deals enough dmg to kill you so he only needs you to stay in place. Once you used AD/Faith he just needs to start a lock -> triple spark -> stun/OI and thats it. He did not even catch you most of the times and it took ages before you really had to use AD or Faith. The good thing on sins is that they can pratically do the same combo twice if not triple times in a row due to massive chi management. He did not abuse his chi in the way I'm used to with preist xDD And IIRC he didn't use fire or wood ele pots which would have increased his dmg output on you drastically xD but don't hold me onto this...I can't watch the vid right now again. If he did use it then my sincere apologies.

Still, too bad that you left. No one wants to 1on1 me anymore. Not even the max geared players or the ones that recently went full +12. Sure, group pvp is nice and all...but seriously. You can improve your playability with your class the best in 1on1. I miss you on Morai! fight meeeeh xD

He plays fairly offensively, the sparking is definitely a problem. It's only when Tidal goes down that he starts to kite me.

I can't really speak for him, since I'm not him, but to be honest while an Occult Ice genie would let him lock me better, it takes away the ability to Faith. If I manage to catch him in a lock it's over, and a Strength genie is limited to only Absolute Domain and Expel to mitigate the big hits. Expel can be bypassed via Wood Pots while Domain has a 3 minute cooldown, once it's up it's not going to come up during the same fight in most cases.

I'm a conservative player, I won't domain unless it just really comes to it, and it usually isn't until my Domain/Faith are forced that'll use my other resources. I know I've got my "Oh ****!" button at all times, so I can conserve my Anti stun/apothecary until I REALLY need it. With PvP the way it currently is, Vit/Mag genies are the most effective in most cases, with Strength being useful against fewer things even in 1v1.

Without Faith and without apothecary (if he used wood pot) his ability to defend once Tidal is down, and even during it, are drastically reduced. His offense skyrockets, but as long as I can maintain anti stun until Tidal comes down to start my lock, I'd be able to take advantage of the lack of Faith and the inability to resist my damage via apothecary immunity.

He didn't use wood apo, he had to use immunity pots to survive during Tidal's downtime.

He has Immaculate Citrines or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I don't like using Occult Ice because of the high str cost it needs to actually work on a regular basis. I'd rather have a pure vit/mag genie to block his paralyze with faith when my tidal is in cd. I do agree, I need to work on locks etc, but it's really hard to execute a lock when a BM knows my combos and can use fortify and willsurge to block them. And no, I didn't use elemental damage pots because, honestly, I'm way too lazy to farm them for 1v1 fights(no one sells the herbs)

I'm immac citrine sharded.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited October 2014
    xtoraah wrote: »
    I don't like using Occult Ice because of the high str cost it needs to actually work on a regular basis. I'd rather have a pure vit/mag genie to block his paralyze with faith when my tidal is in cd. I do agree, I need to work on locks etc, but it's really hard to execute a lock when a BM knows my combos and can use fortify and willsurge to block them. And no, I didn't use elemental damage pots because, honestly, I'm way too lazy to farm them for 1v1 fights(no one sells the herbs)

I'm immac citrine sharded.

Ah ok, that explains it pretty much. Well I guess you did everything you could then. I assumed you would be deity be the dmg he dealt you. No i see that you couldn't play more offensively cuz then you would have surely died once he get you tidal-less.

And ya, the genie heavily depends on the situation/your own gear setup and your enemy. While with full josd you could play more offensively and with deity you would need to play the same as now -> more defensively.

I for one carry both types of genies with me. A full vit/mag one and a str one ofc. Tho as a barb, I naturally use the STR one more often.

Still, those fights have been very entertaining to watch (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for posting these Zan, I recently took an interest to PKing and I found your videos to be a great tutorial for myself.

Keep it up mate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for posting these Zan, I recently took an interest to PKing and I found your videos to be a great tutorial for myself.

Keep it up mate

Thanks, it's always nice to hear from someone who appreciates my videos. I'm glad it helped you learn a bit about PvP on a Blademaster and hope you enjoy the rest of the videos on my channel b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Just a question, I was recently fighting an APS sin and what would be the best course of action to take if he simply kites until anti-stun wears off and does the whole occult ice, spark, stun, aps business?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just a question, I was recently fighting an APS sin and what would be the best course of action to take if he simply kites until anti-stun wears off and does the whole occult ice, spark, stun, aps business?

Use fortify/badge or fortify/ad/faith
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014

Blade Hurl>wait 3 seconds>Reel In>Dragon Rising can be an effective tactic. It allows you to git rid of a massive amount of their soulforce and prevent them from using skills, so Reel In has a higher success rate. Once they're close you can paralyze them with Dragon Rising. In most cases the Assassin will Fortify predicting a Roar of the Pride, so you can continue your lock fairly easy after. If they don't fortify, make sure you have Smack+Wind shield at the ready to use once your paralyze is about to wear off in order to psuedo-stun them, wasting their Fortify and allowing you to stun soon after. (This combo is flawed in that Reel In will not always work, and even if it does it's possible your target will only be brought most of the distance towards you, not all of it.)

If you have 3 sparks you can use Blade Tornado before they get to you. If they kite far from you, chances are you'll notice when they're trying to come at you offensively. Once they're within teleport range of you use Blade Tornado before they can get to you, this will allow you to dodge any CC as well as only take half damage from the Assassin. For this to be effective you'll need to keep track of when the Assassin has used the telestun they have, if they've already used it you're save to wait until the Assassin is close to use Blade Tornado. Simply keep your finger over the key for it, and once they're at you or they teleport to you, use it.

Of course, you could always do the same thing with Will of the Bodhisattva or Vacuity Powders.

Then of course, there's your genie. Occult makes things a bit trickier, but there are times when an Assassin is likely to occult you. Near the end of their freeze+silence combo, after a spark, as they're getting close to you. If you can figure out when it's most likely to come, you can use Fortify or your natural antistuns skills to stop it. Keeping Absolute Domain/Faith is essential when it comes to breaking a lock when it really counts, that way you can start your own lock and finish the fight.

Honestly, there's no "ideal" tactic to use, there's no "Do this and it'll always work". You'll have to judge the fight as you go along and figure out what to do. Basically "If x condition is met, I must take y action." You have to set certain conditions for certain actions in your head in order to best determine what to do and when to do, at least that's the best way I can explain it. Try to have some kind of back up plan if what you do fails, because if you don't, honestly that Assassins is going to eat you alive.

At least that one does anyway, it's hard fighting someone that essentially has 20 attack/defense levels over you just from spirit alone . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply!

I'll probably be playing around with genie skills to see what suits my playing style since right now my genie is simply set for PVE purposes b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Click

skilled bm , actually the most skilled I've seen.... wish u were on RT >< .. the dead server where no one dares step out of SZ cause of me. b:sad
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    skilled bm , actually the most skilled I've seen.... wish u were on RT >< .. the dead server where no one dares step out of SZ cause of me. b:sad

Oh my, not one, but two people like the vid. I.. I don't know what I'm supposed to do if people aren't hating on me b:shocked

I appreciate the compliment. Archo's PvP is pretty dead lately as well. Probably startin' to get rusty now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maybe if u helped break the defiance pvp blockade u woulnt get rusty
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    maybe if u helped break the defiance pvp blockade u woulnt get rusty

I'm a legend, long lost and forgotten. Defiance knows of me, some even remember the days when I would appear and wreak havoc among their ranks. However to them, those days are long gone. I am but a memory. Little do they know I still exist. Little do they know I am gaining power, slowly but surely, and with the power I acquire I shall return in full glory. I shall quench my bloodlust by slaying them all! My return to the battlefield will be glorious, the grassy fields of Silver Pool will be dyed crimson! SOON ALL WILL REMEMBER THE NAME URYNAZ. SOON THE LEGEND SHALL BECOME REALITY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh my.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I watched 2mins of the video and had to stop. The sin is so bad that there can be no demonstration of skill from either side. They aren't just bad at playing sin, they're bad at playing and understanding the game from a pvp perspective in general.

The sin clearly isn't using any crabs or hp pots, which is why their hp is sitting just above half way at all times, leaving them open to a bypass at all times. This is basic pvp knowledge, clearly the sin knows nothing about pvp. And to add to not using any crabs they don't even both to bp themselves, it's like they're trying to get bypassed. Makes me question if they're even using def charms.

Just a tip, after the bm bells it's not usually a good time to initiate the fight. Play the damn sin like it's designed and surprise your opponent.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    I watched 2mins of the video and had to stop. The sin is so bad that there can be no demonstration of skill from either side. They aren't just bad at playing sin, they're bad at playing and understanding the game from a pvp perspective in general.

The sin clearly isn't using any crabs or hp pots, which is why their hp is sitting just above half way at all times, leaving them open to a bypass at all times. This is basic pvp knowledge, clearly the sin knows nothing about pvp. And to add to not using any crabs they don't even both to bp themselves, it's like they're trying to get bypassed. Makes me question if they're even using def charms.

Just a tip, after the bm bells it's not usually a good time to initiate the fight. Play the damn sin like it's designed and surprise your opponent.

I had no defense charms to use, so out of respect he didn't use them either.

His locks were pretty decent so I don't really know what you're on about. Better than the other Assassins I've fought on Archo. Since he's so bad would you mind pointing out the mistakes he made other than not using crabmeats or defense charms? Because honestly neither of those things is relevant when determining someone's skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The sin doesn't use fire/wood pot, letting the BM enjoy that physical marrow <3.

The sin doesn't kite when he is outside tidal but lets the BM perma leaps his tidal anyway.

The sin should have stopped for a moment and changed his gameplay to a potential improvement (perhaps he did i only watched first 3 fights xD).

The BM uses his basic skills correctly which makes me rank him above other BMs from PWI. but then he just needs quick reflexes to cancel some skills such as the number of paras he launched on the sin's faith, even though i know some of them couldn't be helped.

Tsy, perhaps PWI players are a little "Unskilled" because they don't usually have the opportunity to pk everyday but rather are busy upgrading gear and lvl'ing up. But never the less, trash a server when you actually play in it, just like I trashed you when i found you.

A message from the GOD of all ***in Sins. Take care guys and nice video. Well played.
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    But Bash goes off too quickly to cancel. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2014

A message from the GOD of all ***in Sins. Take care guys and nice video. Well played.

God of all sins?????????
    But I haven't seen any videos of you fighting another good sin. Care to show us?
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Ew why are you people hijacking my thread with a sin epeen contest?

Also topkek @ Wayne complaining about fighting an OP class. Surely he sees the irony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The sin doesn't use fire/wood pot, letting the BM enjoy that physical marrow <3.

The sin doesn't kite when he is outside tidal but lets the BM perma leaps his tidal anyway.

The sin should have stopped for a moment and changed his gameplay to a potential improvement (perhaps he did i only watched first 3 fights xD).

I have used elemental apoth against him, and my damage with it is just too high for it to even be a fair fight. I decided against using them for that reason.

And no, I do not kite to africa when my tidal is down because that is just downright playing like a *****. I instead played more defensively.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Kiddo you can't even lock. b:chuckle

oy m8 u tryina av a go at me? ill pop ya rite in da gobba i swear on me mum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -snip-

Is this a real post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    How can our posts be real if our eyes aren't real?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.