Strong and Protect

morenawolf
morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Venomancer
I'm thinking to get these two skills for my Supreme Walker. Since my biggest dream is to get a Harpy, I would like to make my SW the best tank it can become, to substitute the Herc and save golds. I know I know, a SW will never be good like a Herc, even with wonderful Inherit stats and rare skills... but hey, I'm not rich.

So questions are: do you think it's worth? How much hard are these skills to find in Dragon Temple?

Or do you think it's better to add them to the evolved Dino? I really can't wait to reach lvl 101 and tame it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
Tempestosa - Stormbringer
Archosaur & Morai server
Post edited by morenawolf on

Comments

• X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1. Its worth
    2.Maybe you get one per event if no competition
    3.Dino better since it can act as dd as well as tank.
    I do have a herc with bless and i still added strong,protect,claw to my dino.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For comparison (Blue = Supreme, Purple = Imperial):

Attack:
    4255 4478

Magic Defence:
    7533 8361

Physical Defence:
    10272 8361

Attack Rate:
    0.6 1.0

Speed:
    6.4 8.2

HP:
    3731 3420

Inherit:
    Phys. Atk. 25% 70%
    Res. 30% 20%
    HP 30% 20%
    Atk. Level 20% 50%
    Def. Level 60% 50%

Exclusive Skill:
    Increase defence level by 20 points.

Deal damage equal to 200% of attack power and additional damage on monsters equal to 150% of attack power.

Although the Supreme Walker can be great with Strong/Protect, I think I'm going to have to agree with volcano here. The Walker isn't going to reach the potential the Celestial Giant has, so you might be better off teaching these skills to the Imperial Skeleton.

The little dino's stats aren't too bad so the buffs are going to make it quite tanky and on top of it it's going to be a great DD pet.

What I'm trying to say is, if the Celestial Giant can tank X Y Z but the Supreme Walker can't, then it doesn't really matter if you teach Strong/Protect to your Walker or the Imperial Skeleton because neither of them will tank X Y Z anyway.

However, the Imperial Skeleton will have the DD advantage that will surpass the Supreme Walker/Celestial Giant* in addition to not being squishy to die to AOEs etc. It might not be tanky on the level of the Walker but it will be a well rounded tanky-DD pet. I have a friend who has Strong/Protect/Claw on her little dino as well and she very much loves it.

*unless someone has a Celestial Giant with high attack/attack level Inherit and/or Claw I think.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • morenawolf
    edited September 2014
    Got it, thank you for the suggestions :) I will keep my first skills for the skeleton. Hurry to come, server maintenance!! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • morenawolf
    edited September 2014
    Today I passed to 101 and tamed my Hachling! Yay!! b:laugh I took a look to Morai to check the spawn places, I was totally sure I wouldn't find it.. it's a rare pet after all, long time to spawn and--- omg it's here!! I'm sooooo happy! Now I only need to farm the feral stars to evolve it. I really hope to get Confident mood on it, it would be perfect. By the way, I got Arrogant mood on my Walker, with both skills Regeneration and Provoking at lvl 6. The second one is great to keep aggro, but I really never use the first one... almost unuseful to me. Do you think I should reroll it and hope for Egoistical? It's the ultimate mood for tank pets! If I get it, I think I would get Strong and Protect on it anyway, they would be deadly with the mood skills and Tough!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Today I passed to 101 and tamed my Hachling! Yay!! b:laugh I took a look to Morai to check the spawn places, I was totally sure I wouldn't find it.. it's a rare pet after all, long time to spawn and--- omg it's here!! I'm sooooo happy! Now I only need to farm the feral stars to evolve it. I really hope to get Confident mood on it, it would be perfect. By the way, I got Arrogant mood on my Walker, with both skills Regeneration and Provoking at lvl 6. The second one is great to keep aggro, but I really never use the first one... almost unuseful to me. Do you think I should reroll it and hope for Egoistical? It's the ultimate mood for tank pets! If I get it, I think I would get Strong and Protect on it anyway, they would be deadly with the mood skills and Tough!

I'm sorry to tell you the dino is unable to learn confident mood. I personally was aiming for Raving or Radical for mine, though I'm focusing on other pets at the moment.
    For the walker, you really dont want a mood that increase your defense level (egotistical), since the special skill of walker already do so. You dont want this to be overbuffed, as the special skill gives higher defense levels than any of the moods. I remember it as my walker was overbuffing when I had a mood giving defense levels, I could be wrong about it overbuffing though. For my own walker I have Pompous, which offers a buff that have a chance to recover my HP when attacking, and the aoe attack & aggro skill Primal Howl. Since walker doesnt come out with aoe aggro skill like herc does I'm pretty happy for having primal howl on walker, while on my herc I found provoking useful so far.
    The ultimative mood for tank pets is Mishievous/Naive or Hopeful/Selfless (in my opinion) depend on playstyle & gear.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • morenawolf
    edited September 2014
    Yes I notice it just today... I didn't know that some moods cannot be learned by some pets. But I'm very lucky because my dino got Radical as mood! :D with Demonhunting lvl 4 is tanky almost like my SW and I'm so happy! Morale is only lvl 2 but I can deal with it. I can't imagine what kind of monster it could become with Strong and Protect.
    Uhm, Primal Howl sounds very interesting... I think I'll reroll my SW to try it. Thank you! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server