Why?

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ...this has to be bait

All his threads are bait..just look at a few he made and all you'll find they are all flamewars without constructive posts.

R9+12josd = endgame? Funny guy, maybe last year it was but not since NH:
    Now you need r9+12 josd + astral sky + war avatar s (leveled max) + spirit coin buff + Blood-buff from Resource Wars.
    Difference in last year endgame and now? Only a mere 1000 spirit (100atk + def levels) and over 4k hp/pdef/mdef from leveled S cards, not even adding passives to that.

A non-rebirthed r9+12josd can get OS'd by a g16 2nd rebirth, that's the difference NH-content makes.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All his threads are bait..just look at a few he made and all you'll find they are all flamewars without constructive posts.

R9+12josd = endgame? Funny guy, maybe last year it was but not since NH:
    Now you need r9+12 josd + astral sky + war avatar s (leveled max) + spirit coin buff + Blood-buff from Resource Wars.
    Difference in last year endgame and now? Only a mere 1000 spirit (100atk + def levels) and over 4k hp/pdef/mdef from leveled S cards, not even adding passives to that.

A non-rebirthed r9+12josd can get OS'd by a g16 2nd rebirth, that's the difference NH-content makes.
    Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean that they are bait, The feelings 100 % mutual, I've never found a constructive thread from you either. My threads are always bad, But in every one of them ,Your name appears. How weird.

And for the love of God the same theory is the same. The thread isnt about What is Endgame gear, It's about the fact that Someone who Spent More can Destroy someone with all the skill in the world. If the gears was even, Then it would come down to skill. But that pretty much Goes without saying. I Wish people like you didnt take my thread off-track and off topic with personal opinions.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone asked an interesting question just now, Regardless of How you got the gear, It cost Money. Big money. the question is, Why spend so much Real life money(well into the Thousands) or "In-game-coins" on Rank 9 gear Just to have a BigGer badder spending and charger to One shot you?

For every one of those who can do that, there's at least a a dozen I could probably do the same to.
    All of your hard work and sweat that went into getting that gear, Is shattered, Summed up into One shot from a cash shopper who spent More. How does that make you feel?

Ain't even Mad/10. There's always going to be someone ahead of you, either because they played longer/worked harder, spent cash, or even outright cheated the system. Getting mad about it solves nothing.
    Whats the purpose? Why get R9 gear if it's not gonna be +12? tHE Bigger cashshopper with the +12 will easily Kill you. No matter How much Skill you have,You cant survive a +12 magic wep from ie: a Pysic or a wizard.

The purpose is to fulfill a goal that Ive set up in mind. Someday, I'll survive that nonsense and kill those players too maybe.
    With a press of a button a Cash shopper Wins.He could have been playing for a year at the Most, and he destroys you within a matter of seconds, You who has been playing 5-6 years+ So why even get R9 in the first place if its not +12 with defense lvl shard in all slots?

Goals. Also, R9 and beyond is pretty damn great as is for pretty much everyone.
    Also, i personally have 0 characters with Rank 9. Im asking this for someone with R9 +5 immacs shards, point of view. How does it make you feel? To spend so much and be brushed aside like a mistake on a food order? b:laugh

Its just Nature running its course. Some days you're the hunted, but if there's anything NW's shown, there's plenty who I could hunt down with the same ease, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    For every one of those who can do that, there's at least a a dozen I could probably do the same to.

Ain't even Mad/10

The purpose is to fulfill a goal that Ive set up in mind. Someday, I'll survive that nonsense and kill those players too maybe.

Goals. Also, R9 and beyond is pretty damn great as is for pretty much everyone.

Its just Nature running its course. Some days you're the hunted, but if there's anything NW's shown, there's plenty who I could hunt down with the same ease, too.
    Thank you so much for getting my thread back on track.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You rang?

Also, regarding the topic, pretty much what ponyperson above me wrote sums it up.
    Do mind there are plenty of people who actually have R9rr that didnt spend a thing on this game and farmed it. As did I for my set and my wife's set we farmed together.

It's about the goal, I don't pvp but it's somewhat of an achievement to get some decent gear in a way.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh well, i think these other two guys are Missunderstanding what i said in my First Post. I never said that R9+12 JOSD couldn't be Beat. i said that it would take ANOTHER R9+12 JOSD to do so. And when the gear is on even playing fields the one with the most skill wins. Which is why i dont understand R9+5 at the current cost today.

So you're saying your point boils down to equal gear = most skilful will win. Which wasn't specifically what you stated in your posts thus far but OK we'll ignore that.

Agreed. (except in certain class match ups - debatable)

This applies to r9+12 josd vs r9+12 josd AS it also applies to r9+5 vs r9+5.

Ignoring cards/spirit/passives/nuemas.

If someone out gears someone they will destroy them, yes, welcome to the MMORPG genre. Whether that gear was cashed/farmed/merched/scammed/gifted makes no difference. If someone feels butt hurt after getting ***** by someone that out gears that much then they need to play something like hellokittyonline where evil things don't happen if you're fluffeh.

This equally applies to g16+10 vs g16+5 btw. Gear > skill in PWI.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • zhangwuj1
    zhangwuj1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i do have to admit that i feel unfair and kind of turned off when someone who has just started playing for 3 months can suddenly get full rrr9+12 josd without any effort

However, I always console myself that I have spent 0 cent on this game and am able to get rrr9+10/11/12 with emperor and couple of josd etc..which made me better geared than most non hardcore cser.

Knowing this makes me feel much better every time, and the satisfaction of getting better gears than the cs-ers without spending is what keeps me motivated to move on and continue playing b:victory
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    So you're saying your point boils down to equal gear = most skilful will win. Which wasn't specifically what you stated in your posts thus far but OK we'll ignore that.

Agreed. (except in certain class match ups - debatable)

This applies to r9+12 josd vs r9+12 josd AS it also applies to r9+5 vs r9+5.

Ignoring cards/spirit/passives/nuemas.

If someone out gears someone they will destroy them, yes, welcome to the MMORPG genre. Whether that gear was cashed/farmed/merched/scammed/gifted makes no difference. If someone feels butt hurt after getting ***** by someone that out gears that much then they need to play something like hellokittyonline where evil things don't happen if you're fluffeh.

This equally applies to g16+10 vs g16+5 btw. Gear > skill in PWI.
    You're not understanding still. You're trying to generalize gears. R9 cost Hundreads. NPC gear Doesn't. Someone with lvl 80 NPC who get's one shotted by someone with lvl 90 TT gear, Isnt as Hurt as someone who Spent Hundreads on a gear set just to get One shotted by someone who spent More. Also, it is what i've been saying in my post so far, im just assuming you haven't been reading the ones that weren't addressed to you.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Complete lie.
    Incompetence b:chuckle Okay, let's say not 1shot, but overHP damage, if you count debuffs as hits. I did it too, x8-9 damage after ironwood proc, x16-18 in case of crit (add amp, extreme poison here). Seeker's hit after debuffing himself for def lvl and passing debuff to target combo after purging, zc on extreme poison. Even if you are r9r+12 josd, it doesn't mean you can't die instantly. I witnessed a lot of cases of insane dmg on chars which you'd call OP and end game.
    Could say "experienced" too, but I'm far from being endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    Incompetence b:chuckle Okay, let's say not 1shot, but overHP damage, if you count debuffs as hits. I did it too, x8-9 damage after ironwood proc, x16-18 in case of crit (add amp, extreme poison here). Seeker's hit after debuffing himself for def lvl and passing debuff to target combo after purging, zc on extreme poison. Even if you are r9r+12 josd, it doesn't mean you can't die instantly. I witnessed a lot of cases of insane dmg on chars which you'd call OP and end game.
    Could say "experienced" too, but I'm far from being endgame.
    Stupidity. To think R9 would just stand there and let you put all those wonderful Debuffs on you without One shotting you within a milisecond with his +12 weapon. If you dont have R9+12 JOSD it doesn't take any strategy to destroy you. One button finishes all the "what if's" in your head. No time for Debuffing, No time for planing. One click. Dead From someone who spent More.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You're not understanding still. You're trying to generalize gears. R9 cost Hundreads. NPC gear Doesn't. Someone with lvl 80 NPC who get's one shotted by someone with lvl 90 TT gear, Isnt as Hurt as someone who Spent Hundreads on a gear set just to get One shotted by someone who spent More. Also, it is what i've been saying in my post so far, im just assuming you haven't been reading the ones that weren't addressed to you.

You're also making assumptions.

Assumptions;
    1. The only way to get r9 is by cashing hundreds
    2. A casher that spends hundreds will be butt hurt by getting one shot by a casher that spent thousands/farmer or merchant that spent years.

>R9rr is obtainable w/o cashing.

>Not everyone gets butt hurt by getting one shot.

Following from my previous post, if your sole reason to gear up is to not be a one shot, bad news, there is no way to avoid being a one shot with crits/ zerkcrits/ purges/ amps/ debuffs in this game. Better to learn how to deal with it.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

Why would either person be hurt?

If I enjoy the game enough to spend time/money on it to gear up, I'm not gonna get my panties in a twist just because someone who spent more time/money can kill me in the same manner as I can kill someone who spent less time/money than me on my gear. That should be common sense considering the genre of game is one where those who invest more get better returns.

If it were a fighting or strategy game where my opponent and I are supposed to have only the skill between us as a variable and then my opponent was able to buy an advantage that defied how the game works (IE: Playing a fighting game and my opponent buys the ability to be able to never take any damage even though this isn't something that can happen in said game at all) then yeah there'd be a reason to get upset. As is? Nope. My personal goals are my personal goals and if my ego and self-value are so fragile that getting killed by someone who has an advantage over me is enough to get me butthurt, then... I shouldn't be playing the game (or be online, for that matter) to begin with.

Also not everyone is gonna be in the game for PvP. For someone who does pure PvE, R9+5 is totally acceptable and allows them to massacre a large amount of content.

That said, equal geared players can and do 1-shot each other all the time. Level 80 BM vs Level 80 Wiz example you used? Wiz can 1-shot the BM via Bramble Rage, among many other ways. BM can 1-shot the wiz via True Emptiness, among other ways. Heck, a pure vit barb in NPC gear can 1-shot both Arcanes and LA via Arma when those classes are in NPC gear as well. And considering the fact that endgame is now no longer just having R9 third cast and +12, basically everyone can be a target for someone else.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    You're also making assumptions.

Assumptions;
    1. The only way to get r9 is by cashing hundreds
    2. A casher that spends hundreds will be butt hurt by getting one shot by a casher that spent thousands/farmer or merchant that spent years.

>R9rr is obtainable w/o cashing.

>Not everyone gets butt hurt by getting one shot.

Following from my previous post, if your sole reason to gear up is to not be a one shot, bad news, there is no way to avoid being a one shot with crits/ zerkcrits/ purges/ amps/ debuffs in this game. Better to learn how to deal with it.
    On the first page, in my Very first Post. Very first. i said "Regaurdless of how you got your gear, weather it was cashshoping or in-game-coins" How does it feel for you to have spent hundreads/years getting that Gear just to have a player One shot you who spent more. Which means......A cashshopper who spent more then you One shots a farmer or another cashshopper who spent less. I Didnt say "if the +12 R9rrr JOSD was a farmer or not with all the skills in the world" Because That's a completely different topic which i'd rather not get into to. We can agree to disagree on that one. i asked the question from the Point of view of someone with R9 gear with lesser Refines and shards. You still spent hundreads, But you still get One-shotted by someone who spent More.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Why would either person be hurt?

If I enjoy the game enough to spend time/money on it to gear up, I'm not gonna get my panties in a twist just because someone who spent more time/money can kill me in the same manner as I can kill someone who spent less time/money than me on my gear. That should be common sense considering the genre of game is one where those who invest more get better returns.

If it were a fighting or strategy game where my opponent and I are supposed to have only the skill between us as a variable and then my opponent was able to buy an advantage that defied how the game works (IE: Playing a fighting game and my opponent buys the ability to be able to never take any damage even though this isn't something that can happen in said game at all) then yeah there'd be a reason to get upset. As is? Nope. My personal goals are my personal goals and if my ego and self-value are so fragile that getting killed by someone who has an advantage over me is enough to get me butthurt, then... I shouldn't be playing the game (or be online, for that matter) to begin with.

Also not everyone is gonna be in the game for PvP. For someone who does pure PvE, R9+5 is totally acceptable and allows them to massacre a large amount of content.

That said, equal geared players can and do 1-shot each other all the time. Level 80 BM vs Level 80 Wiz example you used? Wiz can 1-shot the BM via Bramble Rage, among many other ways. BM can 1-shot the wiz via True Emptiness, among other ways. Heck, a pure vit barb in NPC gear can 1-shot both Arcanes and LA via Arma when those classes are in NPC gear as well. And considering the fact that endgame is now no longer just having R9 third cast and +12, basically everyone can be a target for someone else.
    Doesn't it make you feel Worthless? Like you did all of that(whatever the method u used for obtaining the r9) for nothing? You shouldn't take solace in the fact that you still kill lesser players, because The players that you are Able to one shot Did Not spend hundreds on their gear. So i seriously doubt they would be as hurt as someone who did spend hundreds just to get One shotted. lol

It's not a generalization type of thing where "yeah all gear can be one shotted" We're talking about R9 that cost hundreds, Not some NPC or TT gear. Spending so much "In-game coin" Or Real cash, for really nothing.

and the equal'd gear players of lvl 80, thats another topic in itself. the blademaster uses genie skill True empitsis <---something like that, to reduce all magic damage and take the lvl 80 wizard's Hp down to less than half bar left while using marrow......along with alot of skills that the wizard could use to destory the blademaster, either way i assumed you were speaking about Players with common sense. Not a blademaster who uses Alter marrow physical and lets the wizard hit him with magic attacks. But alot of variables go into that sanario, like the Strength points on the genie of the bm, Does one have sparks and another doesn't. With R9 +12 josd, It doesnt matter what you do, how many sparks you have, what your class is, if you are also not R9+12 you are getting One shotted. also, the Arcane and light armor classes can mOve out of the arma range. it wouldn't be difficult, But assuming the Barb did one shot them, whoever that barb one shotted didnt spend hundreds on their gear.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Stupidity. To think R9 would just stand there and let you put all those wonderful Debuffs on you without One shotting you within a milisecond with his +12 weapon. If you dont have R9+12 JOSD it doesn't take any strategy to destroy you. One button finishes all the "what if's" in your head. No time for Debuffing, No time for planing. One click. Dead From someone who spent More.
    Total lack of logic. Where did I say, that you can 1shot endgame player being significantly undergeared yourself? What i said is they are not invincible and can die pretty fast, even after spending billions. What it requires to 1shot such player is absolutely another story, but in many cases you just need to be equal or not too far behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    Total lack of logic. Where did I say, that you can 1shot endgame player being significantly undergeared yourself? What i said is they are not invincible and can die pretty fast, even after spending billions. What it requires to 1shot such player is absolutely another story, but in many cases you just need to be equal or not too far behind.
    Yeah, die pretty fast from Yet another player who is Full R9+12.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Everyone can be one-shot. Even the people with the Nuema Portal cardsets.

In terms of who takes the least amount of damage from the portal archer on our server, I'm most likely the best geared cleric on the server and he can still one-shot me through self-buffs with trip spark+debuffs+a high-end crit (can't remember which debuffs we tested with that, sorry). And the Dream of Generations psy has also one-shot me with tower amp. It's pretty much w/e. Archer's spent a ****ton and the psy just sits in catshop all day and never does **** with his gear outside of TW.

You stop caring and look for ways to be better. ofc, a lot of those ways usually boil down to "get better gear", but w/e it's part of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    Everyone can be one-shot. Even the people with the Nuema Portal cardsets.

In terms of who takes the least amount of damage from the portal archer on our server, I'm most likely the best geared cleric on the server and he can still one-shot me through self-buffs with trip spark+debuffs+a high-end crit (can't remember which debuffs we tested with that, sorry). And the Dream of Generations psy has also one-shot me with tower amp. It's pretty much w/e. Archer's spent a ****ton and the psy just sits in catshop all day and never does **** with his gear outside of TW.

You stop caring and look for ways to be better. ofc, a lot of those ways usually boil down to "get better gear", but w/e it's part of the game.
    Why arent people understanding? i said, From the point of view from Someone who spent hundreds on his R9 gear, How does it make you feel to be One shotted by someone who spent More money then you. i didnt ask about How people in general can be one shotted or people with NPC gear can be one shotted, i was talking about R9 being one shotted, Even though you spent alot of Real cash, Or time on it. It's just shattered, gone in a instant, Worthless if you will. lol
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm sure there are people that might feel discouraged or a little sad for a moment being 1-shot or killed quickly after all their work to farm/gear up but if they are feeling worthless in a game... I think it would be better if they take a break or play something else.

Even in real life, you might try hard and put a lot of effort into something for years and then find someone that achieved the same things as you with far less effort and time spent or someone that achieved more than you in less time with less effort.

Humans will always have two options in life: give up or keep trying.

Edit:

"From the point of view from Someone who spent hundreds on his R9 gear, How does it make you feel to be One shotted by someone who spent More money then you."

In my opinion, it would be silly to be mad or feel worthless because if you spend less money than X in PWI you shouldn't be expecting to be on par with X who spends more money than you. Kinda sounds like the type of "I don't want to farm/work/put effort/spend money but I want to be equal to those that do".
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im full r9rr, +7 to +10 and basic +50 to 75 cit shards. 1 S card, and rest but one are A cards, just a level 5 tome, a sky cover, and a puzzle cube emptiness.

Ive spent quite a bit of money on the game, and consider myself a mid tier endgame geared player. I can one shot others lesser geared, can battle for a while with some around equal gear, and get one shot by others better geared.

Being a mainly PvE player, Im statisfied, and only time anything on this thread really affects me is during NW. Even during NW I get a decent amount of tokens in a winning nation (close to 300), and thats sufficient for me to think it was fun.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2014
    Why arent people understanding? i said, From the point of view from Someone who spent hundreds on his R9 gear, How does it make you feel to be One shotted by someone who spent More money then you. i didnt ask about How people in general can be one shotted or people with NPC gear can be one shotted, i was talking about R9 being one shotted, Even though you spent alot of Real cash, Or time on it. It's just shattered, gone in a instant, Worthless if you will. lol

For every one person that can actually one-shot me, there are literally dozens that I can one-shot. Then there are dozens of people in equal gear or slightly higher or lower than me that I can have a decent fight with. Why should I be discouraged by the few people that can one-shot me with relative ease? They don't make up the majority of the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    For every one person that can actually one-shot me, there are literally dozens that I can one-shot. Then there are dozens of people in equal gear or slightly higher or lower than me that I can have a decent fight with. Why should I be discouraged by the few people that can one-shot me with relative ease? They don't make up the majority of the server.
    If you're not Rank 9, then i dont see why you should be discouraged. But if you are, That's hundreds you spent on your gear just to be tossed aside. You cant tell me that dont get under your skin. His Mother could have gave him that money for all we know, while you, who worked your butt off to "farm it", or who spent your hard earned money to get it lol.

The players u are able to one shot didnt spend hundreds on their gear, which is why they could probably care less.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you're not Rank 9, then i dont see why you should be discouraged. But if you are, That's hundreds you spent on your gear just to be tossed aside. You cant tell me that dont get under your skin. His Mother could have gave him that money for all we know, while you, who worked your butt off to "farm it", or who spent your hard earned money to get it lol.

The players u are able to one shot didnt spend hundreds on their gear, which is why they could probably care less.

Just because it gets under your skin doesnt meant all people feel the same way as you do.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Doesn't it make you feel Worthless? Like you did all of that(whatever the method u used for obtaining the r9) for nothing? You shouldn't take solace in the fact that you still kill lesser players, because The players that you are Able to one shot Did Not spend hundreds on their gear. So i seriously doubt they would be as hurt as someone who did spend hundreds just to get One shotted. lol
    Again.. why would I feel worthless? Someone did what I did better and can do to me as I can do to those who did what I did worse. Where is the logic in getting depressed about what should be common sense? Someone who spends tens gets killed by one who spends hundreds. Someone who spends hundreds gets killed by someone who spends thousands. And so on and so forth. This is as basic as 1+1=2 and any rational, straight-thinking person has no reason to have some sort of major negative effect from it. You may get annoyed in the heat of the moment or just laugh it off, but the fact of the matter is it shouldn't have any major effect whatsoever on you.

It's not a generalization type of thing where "yeah all gear can be one shotted" We're talking about R9 that cost hundreds, Not some NPC or TT gear. Spending so much "In-game coin" Or Real cash, for really nothing.
    The fact is that all gear CAN be 1-shot. Everyone in the game is a 1-shot for someone else regardless of where we are right now. Quite literally the only way to not be a potential 1-shot is to have a GM cape that gives you HP well above the (current) maximum potential damage a player can deal to another player. And, again, what does it matter if you can be killed or 1-shot easily or not as long as you enjoy yourself outside of that? Being a +8 on a server of +5s with maybe two people who have +12 shouldn't make the +8 guy get depressed and act worthless just because there are two people that can do to him what he can do to the rest of the server. It's not like they're always gonna be fighting those two who are better geared or as if it even matters one iota the instant they log out. One day the game will come to an end and then what? All the hundreds or thousands or whatever that's been spent will vanish into thin air with absolutely zero effect on your life outside the computer. It's whether or not you were entertained as a result of spending that money (or time, in the case of those who farm/merch) that determines if it was worthwhile. Not whether or not someone out there did more than you. At least, if you're a sane and rational person, anyways.

and the equal'd gear players of lvl 80, thats another topic in itself. the blademaster uses genie skill True empitsis <---something like that, to reduce all magic damage and take the lvl 80 wizard's Hp down to less than half bar
    Bzzt. Wrong. BM uses True Emptiness and the Wizard flat out dies. This happened ALL THE TIME even to better geared wizards than the BMs back when PvP was active across all levels. Same with the bramble rage example I provided.

either way i assumed you were speaking about Players with common sense. Not a blademaster who uses Alter marrow physical and lets the wizard hit him with magic attacks. But alot of variables go into that sanario, like the Strength points on the genie of the bm,
    Common sense has nothing to do with it and trying to add in extra variables doesn't change it. With the example that you created, a BM with a True Emptiness genie can 1-shot a wizard and if the wizard has bramble rage he can 1-shot the BM. Also magic marrow? Congratulations on opening yourself up to a blade tempest which deals both physical and magical damage. You're the one who wants to use competence, after all and that also means you don't get to tip the scales with things like "Oh he has less chi than that guy" or "Oh his genie had the wrong attribute point distribution for its type" or anything similar.
    With R9 +12 josd, It doesnt matter what you do, how many sparks you have, what your class is, if you are also not R9+12 you are getting One shotted.
    False. There are such things as apoth. We have genies. We have buffs. I can fight R9s and G16s on non-reawakened level 8X characters and win. Because I play smarter than they do. I've used a R9+7 cleric to absolutely destroy a R9+10 BM because I was just that much better. Are you seriously trying to claim that a person who is all +11s is gonna get 1-shot by default by someone who's the exact same as they are except for being all +12s instead? If so, that's completely senseless and ridiculous.

the Arcane and light armor classes can mOve out of the arma range. it wouldn't be difficult, But assuming the Barb did one shot them, whoever that barb one shotted didnt spend hundreds on their gear.
    Yes because clearly the barb getting off Arma means they were able to move out of the w-- oh right, the game doesn't let that happen and we have ways to keep people in place to use skills. Right.

And your fallback is they didn't spend hundreds on their gear? Really? So you've dropped your prior idea that the 1-shotting at equal gear doesn't happen now? Okay, I shall counter with this video. Barb in OHT gear and calamty axes stomps a mystic in full R9 armor. Before you try to say it wasn't a 1-shot, watch the damage log. Arma did enough damage to 1-shot said mystic and oh lookie. It even goes against your "they can move" because common sense would tell you that a player using something like that would... ya know... stun/freezel their opponent first so the opponent couldn't simply move away from the attack. Oh and the barb in this video isn't even a vit build at the time meaning they could have dealt even more damage. So spending X amount on gear does not automatically make you invincible to people who are below your gear like you keep trying to imply here.

So as I said in the first place, you aren't gonna be hurt by being killed by someone with better gear than you just because you invested time/money into your gears. Not unless you're mentally ill and shouldn't be online muchless playing a genre where people who spend more than you are get a greater advantage than you to begin with.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited September 2014

I can one-shot a lot of r9rrs at this point if they're low-refined/not current on NH stuff/hell, even if I just crit so I don't get your point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    About those who can beat who etc, i think its nice to compare gear levels: Im gonna take myself as index 100/100 (attack/defence,). Myself is probably the most common type of R9:

full R9.3+10 with +12 weapon. Recasted r9ring and G14 amulet +10. Maxed A cards, 1 S card, half vit stones. 100/100
    full R9+12, emperor, JOSD, G16 amulet, maxed Scards (not a set) would be about 125/150
    R9+5, no recasted ring and amulet also +5 would be in the range of 75/50
    my TT99 barb would be 1.5/8 b:laugh

too lazy to find the correct numbers for G16 :)

Anyway, you cant really say when it is "impossible" that a player beats another. with my index 100/100, i have in duels beaten player who were endgame (125/150) Similarly, i have lost some to lesser equiped toons (like 75/75) It gets harder the bigger the difference, and i dont think it should become much bigger than the examples i just gave. Those seem to be about the extremes to me.

And fortunately skill is a pretty big thing. There are players who i cant dream to beat 1v1 and there are better equiped ones that i wonder why they lose from a nab like me :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    Again.. why would I feel worthless? Someone did what I did better and can do to me as I can do to those who did what I did worse. Where is the logic in getting depressed about what should be common sense? Someone who spends tens gets killed by one who spends hundreds. Someone who spends hundreds gets killed by someone who spends thousands. And so on and so forth. This is as basic as 1+1=2 and any rational, straight-thinking person has no reason to have some sort of major negative effect from it. You may get annoyed in the heat of the moment or just laugh it off, but the fact of the matter is it shouldn't have any major effect whatsoever on you.

The fact is that all gear CAN be 1-shot. Everyone in the game is a 1-shot for someone else regardless of where we are right now. Quite literally the only way to not be a potential 1-shot is to have a GM cape that gives you HP well above the (current) maximum potential damage a player can deal to another player. And, again, what does it matter if you can be killed or 1-shot easily or not as long as you enjoy yourself outside of that? Being a +8 on a server of +5s with maybe two people who have +12 shouldn't make the +8 guy get depressed and act worthless just because there are two people that can do to him what he can do to the rest of the server. It's not like they're always gonna be fighting those two who are better geared or as if it even matters one iota the instant they log out. One day the game will come to an end and then what? All the hundreds or thousands or whatever that's been spent will vanish into thin air with absolutely zero effect on your life outside the computer. It's whether or not you were entertained as a result of spending that money (or time, in the case of those who farm/merch) that determines if it was worthwhile. Not whether or not someone out there did more than you. At least, if you're a sane and rational person, anyways.

Bzzt. Wrong. BM uses True Emptiness and the Wizard flat out dies. This happened ALL THE TIME even to better geared wizards than the BMs back when PvP was active across all levels. Same with the bramble rage example I provided.

Common sense has nothing to do with it and trying to add in extra variables doesn't change it. With the example that you created, a BM with a True Emptiness genie can 1-shot a wizard and if the wizard has bramble rage he can 1-shot the BM. Also magic marrow? Congratulations on opening yourself up to a blade tempest which deals both physical and magical damage. You're the one who wants to use competence, after all and that also means you don't get to tip the scales with things like "Oh he has less chi than that guy" or "Oh his genie had the wrong attribute point distribution for its type" or anything similar.

False. There are such things as apoth. We have genies. We have buffs. I can fight R9s and G16s on non-reawakened level 8X characters and win. Because I play smarter than they do. I've used a R9+7 cleric to absolutely destroy a R9+10 BM because I was just that much better. Are you seriously trying to claim that a person who is all +11s is gonna get 1-shot by default by someone who's the exact same as they are except for being all +12s instead? If so, that's completely senseless and ridiculous.

Yes because clearly the barb getting off Arma means they were able to move out of the w-- oh right, the game doesn't let that happen and we have ways to keep people in place to use skills. Right.

And your fallback is they didn't spend hundreds on their gear? Really? So you've dropped your prior idea that the 1-shotting at equal gear doesn't happen now? Okay, I shall counter with this video. Barb in OHT gear and calamty axes stomps a mystic in full R9 armor. Before you try to say it wasn't a 1-shot, watch the damage log. Arma did enough damage to 1-shot said mystic and oh lookie. It even goes against your "they can move" because common sense would tell you that a player using something like that would... ya know... stun/freezel their opponent first so the opponent couldn't simply move away from the attack. Oh and the barb in this video isn't even a vit build at the time meaning they could have dealt even more damage. So spending X amount on gear does not automatically make you invincible to people who are below your gear like you keep trying to imply here.

So as I said in the first place, you aren't gonna be hurt by being killed by someone with better gear than you just because you invested time/money into your gears. Not unless you're mentally ill and shouldn't be online muchless playing a genre where people who spend more than you are get a greater advantage than you to begin with.
    it's because of people like you who got the thread off track with "what if i used amp, what if i used buffs" In my very first post i said, REGAURDLESS of HOW the person got the gear, How does it make you feel, someone who spent hundreds or Time on your R9+5 gear feels to be One shotted by someone who cashshopped More. You took the thread off track so you could Move it on purpose. i was asking from a person with R9 +5 Immac shards perspective. Now you're trying to make it as if i was talking about all Gear in general. Reading is King. Sense you taken my thread oFF topic agian with "what if he used such and such" Lets agree to dissagree On what normal players with NPC gear gets ONE shotted.
    > Back on topic. Regaurdless of how you got your R9 gear weather it was Cashshopped or "FARmed" How does it MAKE you feel to be One shotted by someone who Spent more?

Also, You're probably wondering why im ignoring all of the comments about the PVP "what ifs" and its because i didnt ask this thread about people with Evenly Matched gear to began with, that's a completely different issue that could go on for days arguing, nore players with TT90 vs NPC 90, i asked about players who spent hundreds on their R9 gear just to be One shotted by a cashshopper who spent more. or in your case, the R9 +5 GET's One shotted after the immnuity potion wares off, is still a One shot. WHAT other players with OTHER gear do to survive is not relevant. It's just so unfair that i had to deal with people taking my thread off track and now it's moved to a Dead section.

I'll Say it in bold what i said in my VERY FIRST POST~

From someone who spent millions of In-game coin, or so much time to "farm", Or hundreds of Real life money to buy your R9 set, How does it feel to be One shotted by a cashshopper who spent More then you.

"oH but all gear can be one shotted if you use amp+Hf+.....such and such" is a completely irrelevant response. the cashshopper just clicks a button, and thats it. Death.
    I can one-shot a lot of r9rrs at this point if they're low-refined/not current on NH stuff/hell, even if I just crit so I don't get your point.
    That's all speculation. Just because you say it doesnt mean you actually can do it. aGRree to dissagree, and get my thread Back on track.

From someone who spent millions of In-game coin, or so much time to "farm", Or hundreds of Real life money to buy your R9 set, How does it feel to be One shotted by a cashshopper who spent More then you.
  • bloodedone87
    edited September 2014
    What the hell? Do you want people to feel the same way as you do or what? Probably some people will get really sad if they get 1 shot by someone who spend more money on the game. But not all people will feel the same way.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    edited September 2014
    it's because of people like you who got the thread off track with "what if i used amp, what if i used buffs" In my very first post i said, REGAURDLESS of HOW the person got the gear, How does it make you feel, someone who spent hundreds or Time on your R9+5 gear feels to be One shotted by someone who cashshopped More.
    And buffs/debuffs have what correlation to the amount that's been spent on your gear exactly? The answer is: none. You're making a strawman here and putting words in people's mouths when the fact is you were the first one to bring your thread to being about more than just how people feel when killed by those who would obviously have an advantage. Yet you seem to constantly try to point fingers at others for something that you started.

You're not exactly being honest or subtle in that manner, you know.

Now you're trying to make it as if i was talking about all Gear in general. Reading is King. Sense you taken my thread oFF topic agian with "what if he used such and such" Lets agree to dissagree
    I call bull****. Very first time anyone BUT the target gear was mentioned in this thread was when you said it was a theory that equal gear in general has to be required to fight on even ground. You were the first one saying that. I'll also note that you chose to dismiss someone who had the exact experience you were talking about early on... yet also chose to dismiss people who didn't have the experience. Even though you yourself don't have any experience whatsoever at anything close to endgame.
    On what normal players with NPC gear gets ONE shotted.
    > Back on topic. Regaurdless of how you got your R9 gear weather it was Cashshopped or "FARmed" How does it MAKE you feel to be One shotted by someone who Spent more?
    We've already answered this. Multiple times. Everyone not on the tangent you started has put it in their posts that it's completely stupid to get upset outside of heat of the moment that someone who spent more than you and has better gear has an obvious advantage over you when they kill you. Most of us have stated this multiple times over multiple posts.

in your case, the R9 +5 GET's One shotted after the immnuity potion wares off, is still a One shot.
    Again, I call bull****. Why didn't that barb in the video I posted wearing unrefined OHT gear get 1-shot by the R9 +10 Mystic then, hm? Funny how not even your strawman holds up if we try to pretend that it's a legitimate point you're attempting to make.
    WHAT other players with OTHER gear do to survive is not relevant. It's just so unfair that i had to deal with people taking my thread off track and now it's moved to a Dead section.
    It got moved to where it should be as you asked a PvP oriented question in the first place.

I'll Say it in bold what i said in my VERY FIRST POST~

Has already been answered. You've tried to ignore and dismiss every response that doesn't agree with you about how they should be upset as a result. That just happens to have been... every single person that's posted in the thread. Maybe you should ask yourself that if everyone ELSE doesn't see why they should be so negatively affected. Remember, we've all said we basically don't care long term because it's just a game with no value IRL, is kinda obvious that we'd get murdered by people who spend more than us just like we do to those who spend less, and we're above a majority of people anyways so the few who can crush us aren't that huge a deal anyways. All you've had after these points can be summed up as "BUT YOU SHOULD FEEL DESPAIR CUZ YOUR GEAR ISN'T DA BEST EVEN THOUGH YOU SPENT LESS ON IT THAN THE PEOPLE WHO BEAT YOU WITH BETTER GEAR!"
    "oH but all gear can be one shotted if you use amp+Hf+.....such and such" is a completely irrelevant response. the cashshopper just clicks a button, and thats it. Death.
    It's a completely relevant response because not only is your claim that they can always instantly 1-shot us completely false... but it also means that we can fight back if we're skilled enough. And anyone with actual PvP experience can tell you this... but you seem dead set on ignoring those who have the experience of being both in this position and as the "bigger CSer".

So honestly, are you gonna open your eyes and start using your head to be logical or are you gonna behave more like a troll here?
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited September 2014
    And buffs/debuffs have what correlation to the amount that's been spent on your gear exactly? The answer is: none. You're making a strawman here and putting words in people's mouths when the fact is you were the first one to bring your thread to being about more than just how people feel when killed by those who would obviously have an advantage. Yet you seem to constantly try to point fingers at others for something that you started.

You're not exactly being honest or subtle in that manner, you know.

I call bull****. Very first time anyone BUT the target gear was mentioned in this thread was when you said it was a theory that equal gear in general has to be required to fight on even ground. You were the first one saying that. I'll also note that you chose to dismiss someone who had the exact experience you were talking about early on... yet also chose to dismiss people who didn't have the experience. Even though you yourself don't have any experience whatsoever at anything close to endgame.

We've already answered this. Multiple times. Everyone not on the tangent you started has put it in their posts that it's completely stupid to get upset outside of heat of the moment that someone who spent more than you and has better gear has an obvious advantage over you when they kill you. Most of us have stated this multiple times over multiple posts.

Again, I call bull****. Why didn't that barb in the video I posted wearing unrefined OHT gear get 1-shot by the R9 +10 Mystic then, hm? Funny how not even your strawman holds up if we try to pretend that it's a legitimate point you're attempting to make.

It got moved to where it should be as you asked a PvP oriented question in the first place.

Has already been answered. You've tried to ignore and dismiss every response that doesn't agree with you about how they should be upset as a result. That just happens to have been... every single person that's posted in the thread. Maybe you should ask yourself that if everyone ELSE doesn't see why they should be so negatively affected. Remember, we've all said we basically don't care long term because it's just a game with no value IRL, is kinda obvious that we'd get murdered by people who spend more than us just like we do to those who spend less, and we're above a majority of people anyways so the few who can crush us aren't that huge a deal anyways. All you've had after these points can be summed up as "BUT YOU SHOULD FEEL DESPAIR CUZ YOUR GEAR ISN'T DA BEST EVEN THOUGH YOU SPENT LESS ON IT THAN THE PEOPLE WHO BEAT YOU WITH BETTER GEAR!"

It's a completely relevant response because not only is your claim that they can always instantly 1-shot us completely false... but it also means that we can fight back if we're skilled enough. And anyone with actual PvP experience can tell you this... but you seem dead set on ignoring those who have the experience of being both in this position and as the "bigger CSer".

So honestly, are you gonna open your eyes and start using your head to be logical or are you gonna behave more like a troll here?
    Again, Ingoreing the attempts of you trying to lure me in some kind of PVP debut.It's not Bull****, it's just simple i have better things to do then Go up One by one and pick apart the PVP sanriao, It would never end and it's not like it's relevant anyways. How is a video of a lvl 70 barb dealing damage to a R9 +10 has any relevance to my question on the first page What so ever. So back to my Question i asked on the first page. From a Perspective of a player who spent Millions of In-game coin, or alot of time, or Real life cash on R9 set to +5, How does it feel to be One shotted by a cashshopper who spent More on his +12 set? A worthless video about a barb with calamity axes dealing dmg on a R9 has 0 to do with that question. anyone with a thought-process could see that. It's because you're trying to Lure me into some kind of Long debut about PVP and classes and ect. Im not talking strategies here. THE MAIN POINT im trying to make is What is the purpose to spend hundreds on gear just to be one shotted by someone who spent More then you did?
    Do you need to feel it out in Brail or something? Sign language, It's one question by itself. why am i getting 5+ responses back lol. and if you dont have R9+5 Immacs, or close to it, It's not really a relevant question to you.Yes a +5 R9 Do get instantly One shotted by a +12 R9 once the Immunity potion wares off. Unless you can change the game mechanics, Anyone with a Brain knows this. +5 gets One shotted by +12, if you cant even believe that then we need to start waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay further back down the line.

AND could you please stop Generalizing it? im not talking about ALL PLAYERS im talking ONLY about the ONES WHO SPENT hundreads on RANK 9 GEAR. How do THEY feel about being one shotted even after spending the Hundreds. NOT about How players who had NPC fears about being One shotted.

Using pathetic insults like "Troll" just proves how childish you are. i Reframe from throwing one back, Because my brain is more advanced, And not stuck in the primitive name-calling stage.
  • bloodedone87
    edited September 2014
    Pls close this thread. The guy again is making a fool of himself. He has no experience in pvp and he doesnt got r9 gear but he talks like he has.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    giphy.gif