Lv94 nonrebirth venomancer defend pav

Satyrion - Sanctuary
Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
Recently I have been farming a lot of warsong on my asssassin for rerolling her daggers, and therefore also been squading up with many different people, some that couldnt defend pav besides having quite good gear. I was bored and I wanted to give it a try on a lowbie. Here I go! with Lv70ish armor and NPC boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZeDtBd-Ug&list=UUzE475g0_RxQRzA_27bNqJg

I had fun.
youtube.com/user/Cebloon
~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
Post edited by Satyrion - Sanctuary on

Comments

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ... and suddently I felt like a fail veno. b:cry At lvl 100 with TT90 I can't do all that damage, but I guess it's because I'm a vit hybrid. When I'll have my g16 with shards and refinements I'll switch to pure.

It's a very nice video! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good job! I'll add the link to my guide.

I think it's also about practice, so don't give up! I mean someone at that level and gear (in the video) going for the very first time (or couple of times), would most likely have a harder time. Even I had a little trouble my first time around until I figured my ideal way of defending (that's before G16 Nirvana and stuff)..so there's that.

But yeah a Vit build (and probably LA/HA) with less damage might have a harder time but perhaps still do-able I think. I don't have such a toon to try it out though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome job TY for the example that you doing need to be rank9 or G16 to be able to solo a pav just skilled. Keep being pro. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thumbs up. Really impressive (uncahrmed as I see?). Easy to solo instance in r9r. But soloing in gold70... Great job :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Foxy_Sakura - Sanctuary
    Foxy_Sakura - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome job TY for the example that you doing need to be rank9 or G16 to be able to solo a pav just skilled. Keep being pro. b:chuckle

You don't need to be r9 or g16 to solo a pav, it's honestly enough to have TT90/99 gear and g15/16 weapon with some refines. For mage classes it's extremely hard but it's possible, you need skills and be prepared for extremes ( genie, some apo, good HP/MP pots ). Venos which have trouble on magic resistance mobs uses pets on them. Hope it helps for those who are lower geared.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I think it's true what someone said once, the better gear we get the less skilled we become because then we start relying on the gear too much so this video is a good example of skill > gear.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But yeah a Vit build (and probably LA/HA) with less damage might have a harder time but perhaps still do-able I think. I don't have such a toon to try it out though.

When G16 just came out and people started to farm WS, I was still heavy armor build on my main venomancer.. Oh, I sucked doing the pavs, I tried both metal and earth pavs, but I couldnt do any of them. b:chuckle And I really wanted kill that head too!
    Metal hurted me way too much (I used physical ornaments on top of my HA armor), and in earth I kept getting interrup & didnt have the DD... So I never defended a pavilion as HA veno succesfully & started do it on my cleric instead (TT90/TT99 stuff with r8 glaive, pure mag). b:surrender

Too easy with my r999 gear on veno today though.... >_> & on my cleric I just bb-afk and wait till the end where i throw a tempest lol :D
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)