Endgame Veno

blackoasis
blackoasis Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
Whats your take on taking a Veno endgame for pvp purposes... is it a waste of money and effort?

Also some insight on build and culti would be really helpful in terms of pvp. (However thats optional I realize there are guides on the forum)
Post edited by blackoasis on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you enjoy it, then go for it.

As for build, pure vit demon veno. Don't primal ironwood, leave at level 11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • blackoasis
    edited August 2014
    If you enjoy it, then go for it.

As for build, pure vit demon veno. Don't primal ironwood, leave at level 11.

Thanks for your reply. Will a full vit Veno be viable for open world pvp and NW? I wan't to be able to take out targets without assitance for the most part. I am afraid that the reduction in damage might play a negative factor.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    With pure vit you'll be support most times (as a veno tends to be anyways) and, save maybe one or two methods, won't really be able to ever kill someone on equal gear as yourself if they have the same skill.

But on the flip side, you'll also be quite a bother to kill so you'll be able to play the role of support much much easier.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    blackoasis wrote: »
    Whats your take on taking a Veno endgame for pvp purposes... is it a waste of money and effort?

Also some insight on build and culti would be really helpful in terms of pvp. (However thats optional I realize there are guides on the forum)

If you're a good player, go for it. If you're not, no matter what class you will choose, you will always sucks. b:laugh the hard truth. Now come on, I'm just jocking! Yes, venos can be very fun if you like their role in pvp, which means support. You must be good at defend yourself but killing is not your main job, you must allow the others to easily kill your enemies. Have you ever notice that venos are often the first class to be attacked? There's a reason for this, melee classes fear us.

I'm a mild vit hybrid. I'm still testing it in pvp but it's fun. :) pure vit builds can be hard to kill but your damage is desperately low, which means that everyone could kill you but you can't kill anyone. Heavy build is deeply feared by melee classes but they're easy victims of magic ones. And pure mag is great for damage and mag defense but they could be easily killed by melee classes, if they're not good geared (a pure mag veno with full r9rr + 12 have the same phys defense of a heavy g16, lol! But r9rr is hard to get). So there's not a real answer to your question, it depend from how you like to play.

Sage and demon are very balanced for us, sage make more damage but cooldown is lower, demon a little less damage but is lot more fast. They're both very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Sage and demon are very balanced for us, sage make more damage but cooldown is lower, demon a little less damage but is lot more fast. They're both very good.

I would say that demon venos might be more dangerous in 1v1 (depend on the opponent class and the build of course) but (good) sage venos are just the best weapon of massive destruction ever in TW...l
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I was devoted full vit, I'd seriously think about sage. Since you can't kill anyone, there is not much point to be a demon unless you have your own special gameplay preferences formed by years of playing. If you are unsure, pay close attention to sage skills: there will be always pdef debuff, not much defence reduce, but almost constant, a lot of chi, more defence in foxfrom, which is boosted by your vit points and basic pdef, debuffs are a bit more efficient (aoe purge, hp reduce debuff, better amplify). Demon is better for killing, it relies on randomness a lot. One of its main combos is ironwood proc+arcane antinomy. It 1shots almost any endgame player bypassing buffs and charm, and you won't be able to do it being full vit.

I don't deny effectiveness and usefulness of demon full vit or sage full mag though, everything is to your liking. If you got used to a certain style and its pros and cons, it might be better to keep your side whatever it is. But if you are new and choosing, you can think it over and judge according to nowadays situation (which changed a lot in the last few years) than to the glorious venos' past b:chuckle

p.s. If I restated to full vit now, I wouldn't switch side nevertheless.
    p.p.s. I also do crappy damage to josd sharded players sometimes and I haven't played full vit since the times r9 wasn't mainstream, so, don't mind me, read skills description and choose what wins your heart b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The thing about Venomancers is that they can work well even in "cheaper" gear since debuffs aren't affected by the gear itself but if you enjoy the class, it's definitely worth going endgame / maxing out because then it opens up more potential for you by surviving better, killing (mostly pure mag build) and other stuff.

I think the build heavily depends on your playstyle. Some people like to play "full support" while others like being a little more offensive and find a balance of support & DD. In the end it's up to you. Whether the pure magic build will be squishy or not, will depend on your gear/skill and whether vit build will be a great hindrance to take down (from the enemy's side) will also depend on your gear/skill.

When it comes to cultivation, the general consensus is that both are balanced. I agree with Marengo that Vit builds suit Sages better but, like they said, at the end of the day it's about playstyle and preferences. Sages can kill too and Demons can be great support too...so it's up to you!

I can only suggest reading your skills on ecatomb, looking at a few (more recent) threads on the forum and ask people in-game why they chose a cultivation, why they like it or why it works for them. Same goes for the builds. You could also search up for some videos and see the Venomancers in action.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It's a joy.
  • blackoasis
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for all your responses!

Well I've always have been more of an offensive person rather than support. So if I took my Veno endgame it would most likely be demon\pure mag.

Should I just reroll to a different mag class? I really love the fact that I can purge targets and wouldn't mind doing so in mass pvp. However I've always been a world pvp and 1v1 person or 3v1 (me being ganked b:laugh)

I just want to be able to compete with equal geared endgame players.

Plus the farming capabilities is always a plus.

I guess what I am asking is will I be able to wreck shop like I see venos do on private servers?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for all your responses!

Well I've always have been more of an offensive person rather than support. So if I took my Veno endgame it would most likely be demon\pure mag.

Should I just reroll to a different mag class? I really love the fact that I can purge targets and wouldn't mind doing so in mass pvp. However I've always been a world pvp and 1v1 person or 3v1 (me being ganked b:laugh)

I just want to be able to compete with equal geared endgame players.

Plus the farming capabilities is always a plus.

I guess what I am asking is will I be able to wreck shop like I see venos do on private servers?

A Venomancer played right, can be pretty dangerous.
    If you're only interested in DD/killing then the class is probably not for you but if you like debuffing and playing support along with DDing then it might be a really fun class to play.

I think you should do a little more research or watch some more videos before you decide.. because really it's going to be up to you and how well you manage to play the class yourself.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★