Herc Skill

cornmaniscool
cornmaniscool Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Venomancer
Yes, I searched the Forums for this. I read a few threads on this. Only thing is those threads are really old, like from 2009. They are still probably relevant though.

But I'd like a second opinion from someone current to confirm this question for me:

Herc comes with Pounce, I have read that I should ditch Pounce and get Bash. Reason being that Bash holds agro much better than Pounce. Pounce's stun effect doesn't work on bosses, so you don't get the attack rate boost (although it's nice on just regular mobs).

Should I really get rid of Pounce and get Bash?

Also a little mini side question: Is there any way to reorganize the order of pet skills? Besides just trashing all the skills and having to repurchase them and learn them in the order I want?
Post edited by cornmaniscool on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    For your first question:

With pet evolution in the picture, it really doesn't matter whether or not you keep pounce. Herc won't hold aggro on anything that isn't a level ? mob prior to evolving and it turns out the attack rate buff happens even if it doesn't stun. Once you have an evolved herc, it'll hold aggro incredibly well regardless of pounce or Bash, so there's that as well.

To the second question:
    Nope. No way to change the order short of relearning all the skills in an order you want them to be in.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For me, I removed Pounce and applied Blessing of the Pack since I wanted to maximize very much its capability of tanking.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Alternatively, replace Pounce with Claw and get a high attack-oriented inheritance so the Hercules becomes a tanky DD. Its DD is pretty decent, won't compare to things like well built Phoenix, Harpy etc., but still decent.

Overall, no don't get rid of Pounce unless you're planning to replace it with something like Bless or Claw. Once evolved, the Hercules will have enough resources to hold aggro quite well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★